HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Final Nail In Nintendo's Coffin, Die, you kiddy game-producing bastards...
hitokiri
post Apr 6 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #1

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 650

so while many nintendo fanboys are gonna be all upset and most likely flame me here are the facts:

- ps2's market percentage has NOT been affected by the xbox
- xbox's main consumer base are the people are sick and tired of nintendo's misguided dedication to "family friendly" gaming

so what does this mean? well nintendo's japanese audience is basically what's keeping them out of the red... the gc's american fan base may be rabidly dedicated, but its not very big when compared to ps2's or xbox's.

but now... here's comes the death of Nintendo.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Apr 6 2005, 12:12 PM
Post #2

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

Nintendo itself may be a shit company, but the third party games that are exclusive to their platforms are often a cut above those on other platforms. Take Resident Evil 4, for example.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 6 2005, 12:16 PM
Post #3

Brigadier General

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 6 2005, 02:12 PM)
Nintendo itself may be a shit company, but the third party games that are exclusive to their platforms are often a cut above those on other platforms. Take Resident Evil 4, for example.
[snapback]147838[/snapback]

i totally agree with this. but once nintendo is out of the picture these companies will be forced to make their titles for ps2 or xbox; so now you won't have to buy a console that has one of the worst libraries of all time just to play a certain game that is good.

for those of you that are all "but what about mario and zelda?!", nintendo could follow the example of sega; be a software based company not a console producer.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Falling_Man
post Apr 6 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #4

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,082

Should Nintendo fall, as you say, then that makes things easier on Microsoft and Sony. I think it's about time they gave up. If they appealed to the old gen. and new gen. of gamers that were and are interested in them, they'd stand a chance.

My only concern is what happens after. Will Sony and Microsoft stay even, or will one take out the other?

--------------------
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
It is asked of you to proceed to the next post in a orderly manner,
as this will allow a much smoother flow in your forum experience.

-Another forum nut who is also a self-proclaimed sanely insane person.

Credit goes to Ailuro for the sig. (Sankyuu, Sensei~! X3)

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Apr 6 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #5

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

I don't think there's even a possibility of Sony losing its market share. With the mammoth library of games the PS2 has, and the [multigenerational] backward compatibility + superior hardware of PS3, they're pretty much guaranteed to have the upper hand for the next generation of console wars. If Nintendo does bow out, it'll be a mad dash to secure exclusive rights to games that were previously GC exclusive, and I believe Sony will win that battle by a landslide.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Apr 7 2005, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

Yes!!!! No more Nintendo platforms!!! They started to suckafter SNES and the portable one. I think they should make re-releases for the old goodies like Street Fighter 2 and the old XMens. I would certainly buy them tongue.gif Anyways, PS3 and XBox2 are gonna be cool but far too expensive for at least a year for me, seeing as how I have to buy my own platforms and games -__- i have seen screenshots from PS3/Xbox2 and the graphics aren't extremely better but improved from what I've sen dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Apple Juice
post Apr 7 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 6,276

QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 6 2005, 01:07 PM)
so while many nintendo fanboys are gonna be all upset and most likely flame me here are the facts:

- ps2's market percentage has NOT been affected by the xbox
- xbox's main consumer base are the people are sick and tired of nintendo's misguided dedication to "family friendly" gaming

so what does this mean? well nintendo's japanese audience is basically what's keeping them out of the red... the gc's american fan base may be rabidly dedicated, but its not very big when compared to ps2's or xbox's.

but now... here's comes the death of Nintendo.
[snapback]147836[/snapback]

That link means absolutely nothing. Do you not know how desperately bad the Xbox is doing in Japan. This is just an effort to TRY to make it sell decently next time around.

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Apr 6 2005, 01:12 PM)
[snapback]147838[/snapback]

The third party support is not near the calibur of great Nintendo works. If it's fun it's fun, it doesn't need to be BADASS LOOKING OMMFG BLOOD.

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 7 2005, 02:12 PM)
Yes!!!! No more Nintendo platforms!!! They started to suckafter SNES and the portable one. I think they should make re-releases for the old goodies like Street Fighter 2 and the old XMens. I would certainly buy them tongue.gif Anyways, PS3 and XBox2 are gonna be cool but far too expensive for at least a year for me, seeing as how I have to buy my own platforms and games -__- i have seen screenshots from PS3/Xbox2 and the graphics aren't extremely better but improved from what I've sen dry.gif
[snapback]148406[/snapback]

First off, re-releasing those games are up to CAPCOM, not Nintendo. And many SF games come out still. Capcom vs SNK 2 EO owns SF2. I seriously FAIL to realize how you can say no more Nintendo platforms.

If Nintendo does bow out, it'll be a mad dash to secure exclusive rights to games that were previously GC exclusive, and I believe Sony will win that battle by a landslide.

Nintendo isn't near bankruptcy, that's truley the only way the licenses would be sold off. Nintendo would go third party before selling every franchise. This won't happen though, Nintendo's profits are fine.

You all are disrespectful, ungrateful "gamers" And as for that "kiddy" remark...

...If a game is fun...ITS FUN. If the concept is crazy, like jumping on koopa's and collecting mushrooms...who really cares? It's fun.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 7 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #8

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Apple Juice @ Apr 7 2005, 11:08 PM)
Nintendo isn't near bankruptcy, that's truley the only way the licenses would be sold off. Nintendo would go third party before selling every franchise. This won't happen though, Nintendo's profits are fine.

um then why is it that last year they had one of the biggest losses that any console producer has ever had in respects to financial performance. if you are gonna go and use the large dividends of this quarter as evidence, let me remind you that they are only due to two factors:

- the devaluation of the yen and the subsequent inproportional increase in value of the american dollar, thus making the sizable nintendo american assets more valuable on paper only.

- the release of the ds before the psp. take a look at dreamcast... sure they did amazingly well at first, then something bigger and badder came along and they had to bow out. the psp is dominating sales at the moment, and will do even better in their next production cycle when the initial r&d costs have been recouped allowing a price decrease.

You all are disrespectful, ungrateful "gamers"

this is what's wrong with fanboyism.... you forget that we don't owe shit to them, they owe US for OUR support. you think if we stopped giving them money they would still care? hell no.

And as for that "kiddy" remark...

...If a game is fun...ITS FUN. If the concept is crazy, like jumping on koopa's and collecting mushrooms...who really cares? It's fun.
[snapback]148626[/snapback]

sure there are a few good titles, but the majority of both gamers and game reviewers have deemed that the GC game library as one of the worst compilations of crap ever. if you are gonna go with innovation as a seller... ok nintendo comes up with a few new ideas, that generally are just novelties like new unique control options, but the ps2's library is far more innovative.

so how about you learn the facts before you go all fanboy on us...

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Zarpia
post Apr 7 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #9

Rasta Maldita

Member No.: 4,384

You are forgeting that Nintendo put the game industry where it is know (i'm not writing any more coz i don't know how to do it, i'm not good at writing English)

--------------------

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 7 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #10

Brigadier General

QUOTE(zarpia @ Apr 8 2005, 12:10 AM)
You are forgeting that Nintendo put the game industry where it is know (i'm not writing any more coz i don't know how to do it, i'm not good at writing English)
[snapback]148677[/snapback]

this is true... but according to your logic i should be thanking eli whitney everytime i put on a cotton shirt..

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
rsF
post Apr 8 2005, 09:07 AM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 421

Nintendo was screwed over after N64, they redeemed themselves a little with Gameboy SP (though they forgot the headphone jack? retards?), then all downhill with Gamecube and DS.

Sony is the best console, hands down, and they're taking over the handheld market as well with a nice, albeit expensive system.

Microsoft should stick to their excellent PC games, their attempt at a console was quite a good try, with Halo, Fable, and a few other jewels. Overall it was worse than PS2 however.

I myself, am an advocate of the PC. =P

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
shogunskey
post Apr 8 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,977

most family games are fun!!!! like Sonic and Mario

--------------------

"We Knew it was wrong, but we had to try, for her"
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/characte...mp;n=Luiquidice
don't click this link...
Click the link below
http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114119582
The World of Warcraft Ending Credits Suddenly Appeared On My Screen When I Had Killed My First Demonologist Warlock

+Quote Post
Sith lord Revan ...
post Apr 8 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #13

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,065

Well nintendo made the same problem they did with the N64 when other companies
went to CDs they stay with cartdege like DS and PSP.

--------------------
XBOX RULZ

+Quote Post
Inuyasha7271
post Apr 9 2005, 11:31 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 11,513

Sony will definetly win this battle of supremacy people talk about how the Xbox 2 will have even better graphics than the PS2, but when you think about the Xbox really has no good games other than the Halo series, Fable which was a disappointment compared to all the hype it got, and the Oddworld series. It really has nothing to offer.

While the PS2 is greatly increasing its library of games and with EA making it so only they can use NFL league it gives PS2 a upperhand because as of now EA does not make online sports games for the Xbox they said they might start next year though.

THe Gamecube is really a struggling project people talk about Resident Evil 4, but soon it will be out on all the other systems just like how GTA: San ANdreas will be one Xbox later this year or early next year. I myself like the family games, but want Gamecube to focus on more serious ones the only game I am looking forward to from Nintendo as of right now is the new Zelda game which will breathe life into that boring system.

--------------------
http://img58.photobucket.com/albums/v177/S...test_banner.jpg

IF you like the forums on this site then you will love the ones on www.theotaku.com as advertised on Adultswim go visit www.theotaku.com

+Quote Post
Destati
post Apr 10 2005, 10:20 AM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 11,471

-sigh- At least I still have my N64 and my awesome gold Zelda games! XD I hit the roof when I heard they were going to make Windwaker's cell-shaded.. Ugh. xX;

--------------------
[center]*----*
user posted image
.No Promises.
.No Guarantees.
.No Regrets.
[/center]

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 12:49 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css