HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dvd Volume 2: The Scarred Man Of The East, Discussion for new FMA DVD released 4/5
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 9 2005, 08:59 AM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,505

QUOTE(Kirara @ Apr 9 2005, 09:37 AM)
I got mine on Tuesday, I was very pleased. I am hoping we will get those booklets in every issue because they are really very nice.  Although I still wish the DVDs would come out sooner.  laugh.gif
[snapback]149238[/snapback]

*nods* i'm pretty sure that those booklets come with each DVD but in the 3 DVD it is advertised that a 20 page are booklet comes with it, so i'm unsure if that is the same book or something different. none of the other DVD's have it advertised with them... soo...

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 9 2005, 09:18 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 6,124

I also saw that somewhere. I counted the pages in the booklet for volume 2 and I think that it came to 19 or 20 so I don't think that volume 3 will come with anything extra.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Steel Alchemist
post Apr 9 2005, 09:52 AM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 9,478

I've bought mine to! Cartoon Network doesn't have special features and doesn't come with anything.

--------------------
Steel Alchemist
Hell is other people
You're a sin against nature, and your body's in so much pain, Oh merciful God who shapes us all... Please return these scarred souls to your unending womb.

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 9 2005, 06:35 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 9 2005, 10:18 AM)
I also saw that somewhere.  I counted the pages in the booklet for volume 2 and I think that it came to 19 or 20 so I don't think that volume 3 will come with anything extra.
[snapback]149243[/snapback]

lol thank you for counting for me and allowing me to stay lazy and not get up, walk 5 feet, and open my art tin, and then open DVD 2. lol you are a life saver.... who knows that damage that could have caused to me XD!! anyways i kinda HOPE for extra but if their isn't then its ok happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 10 2005, 12:09 AM
Post #35

No problem Kyo, I thought you'd appreciate that. I wish that there were more extras to but its no big deal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 10 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 10 2005, 01:09 AM)
No problem Kyo, I thought you'd appreciate that.  I wish that there were more extras to but its no big deal.
[snapback]149779[/snapback]

happy.gif yes i did appreciate it, and no their may not be extras on every dvd.... but hey... we have 3 more art box's to look forward to.... $50 a piece ~_~ *falls down*

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Greensky
post Apr 10 2005, 01:17 PM
Post #37

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,478

Those Amazon dorkists finally shipped out my volume 2 DVD, 3 days late, but oh well...

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
^ Cowboy Bebop-----------------^Samurai Champloo

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 10 2005, 01:38 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 10 2005, 12:01 PM)
No problem Kyo, I thought you'd appreciate that. I wish that there were more extras to but its no big deal.

happy.gif yes i did appreciate it, and no their may not be extras on every dvd.... but hey... we have 3 more art box's to look forward to.... $50 a piece ~_~ *falls down*
[snapback]149863[/snapback]

What are the art boxes?

--------------------

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 10 2005, 02:29 PM
Post #39

Citizen

Member No.: 10,391

hey, i have a sort of urgent question: i am choosing right now whether to buy DVD from japan or wait for the US version but there are some questions to be cleared first--hope some experts here can offer me some clue:
1) for the Japanese version--does that have at least english subtitle or sth like that?
2) for the Funimation dvd--it is said that the english dub is stereo &*( but for Japanese pronunciation it is mono (*)*)((), is there a lot of difference out there?
3) is the funimation version as complete as the japanese version? any cut/censorship?

..thanks!

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 5 2005, 03:36 PM)
Hey guys, Volume 2 of the series was released today on DVD.  I got it for $19.99 at Best Buy.   The new reversible cover is great, featuring Alphonse fighting Ed.

Still not much in the way of extras, but the DVD does contain another extra long FMA booklet like the first volume.  Some more character sketches, production and location sketches, info., original art, etc.  Pretty cool.  I can't wait to own this entire series on DVD.  They just better not release the whole thing with better extras later on or I will be pissed!  The DVD has 4 episodes, episodes 5-8 of the series.
[snapback]147348[/snapback]

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Apr 10 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 10 2005, 09:29 PM)
hey, i have a sort of urgent question: i am choosing right now whether to buy DVD from japan or wait for the US version but there are some questions to be cleared first--hope some experts here can offer me some clue:
1) for the Japanese version--does that have at least english subtitle or sth like that?
2) for the Funimation dvd--it is said that the english dub is stereo &*( but for Japanese pronunciation it is mono (*)*)((), is there a lot of difference out there?
3) is the funimation version as complete as the japanese version? any cut/censorship?

..thanks!

1. sth? There are optional English subtitles for the DVD. Funimation isn't incompetent with their anime releases like Dreamworks.

2. There are 3 audio language tracks. English stereo. Japanese stereo. And English 5.1 dolby surround sound.

3. THERE IS NO CUTTING CENSORSHIP AT ALL ON THE DVD'S! THEY WILL NEVER EVER DO THIS! All the Fullmetal Alchemist DVD's will be UNCUT AND UNEDITED. This includes the restoration of the show's original openings and unclipped endings.

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 10 2005, 03:15 PM
Post #41

Citizen

hoho, maybe i did not make it clear--i mean the dvd released by japanese Japanese DVD and the ones we can get from bestbuy~~

when i browsed the amazon.com, it said that:
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Japanese (PCM Mono)

my problem is: does this mean the japanese mono sound less vivid than the english ones?

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 10 2005, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE(cutewitch @ Apr 10 2005, 09:29 PM)

..thanks!

1. sth? There are optional English subtitles for the DVD. Funimation isn't incompetent with their anime releases like Dreamworks.

2. There are 3 audio language tracks. English stereo. Japanese stereo. And English 5.1 dolby surround sound.

3. THERE IS NO CUTTING CENSORSHIP AT ALL ON THE DVD'S! THEY WILL NEVER EVER DO THIS! All the Fullmetal Alchemist DVD's will be UNCUT AND UNEDITED. This includes the restoration of the show's original openings and unclipped endings.
[snapback]150113[/snapback]

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Apr 10 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #42

Its probably less vivid and as strong as the English 5.1 audio language track, but its in stereo so it sounds fine to me.

I really don't see the point of paying the extra money for Japanese imports. Unless you live in a different DVD region.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cutewitch
post Apr 10 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #43

Citizen

huhu, should have been to nasdaq be 4 asking this~~ anyway, just wonder how many yrs shall i have to wait to collect ALL of the dvds~~~

QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Apr 10 2005, 02:23 PM)
Its probably less vivid and as strong as the English 5.1 audio language track, but its in stereo so it sounds fine to me.

I really don't see the point of paying the extra money for Japanese imports.  Unless you live in a different DVD region.
[snapback]150146[/snapback]

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Apr 10 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #44

If they continue releasing them 8 weeks apart, my guess would be Feb. 2007 or sometime early in 2007.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 10 2005, 08:16 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 10 2005, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 10 2005, 12:01 PM)
No problem Kyo, I thought you'd appreciate that.  I wish that there were more extras to but its no big deal.

[snapback]149863[/snapback]

What are the art boxes?
[snapback]150054[/snapback]

Yes, there are going to be 4 art boxs. the First one came with DVD 1 and had the frist OST in it and it all cam in a decorative tin happy.gif as for the next three i dont know about them

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 02:55 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css