HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Most Useless Characters of All Time, who would you pick?
hitokiri
post Apr 5 2005, 12:58 AM
Post #1

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 650

ok so i'm flippin through the channels and inuyasha comes on, and for some unknown reason i actually let that crap stay on.... now my question is what the hell is the point of shippo?! he can't do anything. he can't fight, he's not a diplomat, he doesn't have any useful abilities... so why do these losers even keep him around?

that brings me to my point.... there are so many characters in anime that are there simply as a plot device, and sometimes not even that. so who do you think are the most useless characters of all time?

NOTE: JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE THEM DOESN'T MAKE THEM USELESS, YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT!!!!

my useless character list:

- any human dragonball character after the originai DB...come on there's nobody they can even match in power after DB, hell they got masacred by the sabamen and that punk nappa
- ein from bebop...seriously why do they need a dog?! its not even a bloodhoud!!
- the boyking from final fantasy unlimited...like the white swordsman unlimited couldn't just kill him in a second and hunt down kaze by himself.
- WINRY!!!! oh so you say she's ed mechanic... PINAKO!! ed loves her? PROVE IT!!!
- mihoshi from tenshi muyo... though she is my favorite uselss character of all time, i really don't see the point in her character being in the series
- anyone from sailor moon... any superhero that need five mins to transform is useless.

there are many others... but i don't feel like typing that much right now, so i'll add more later

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Apr 5 2005, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

As someone who used to watch Inuyasha religiously Shippo does have some skills. He can use demon magic to, basically play tricks and confuse the enemy. Ok, it's not like Maroku's wind tunnel but at least he has some skills.

I don't think Winry is useless, she is a good mechanic and she is also family to Ed and Al. She also lost her parents so they share that bond as well. True, Hoeinheim is still running around but for all the love and support he's given Ed and Al over the years he might as well be dead. She may not be an ace alchemist but she has her place in the story and so she is not a worthless character in my book.

As for useless I would have to go with Wrath for right now. His best skill is whining. Ok, so he did take out one if his allies but could he have done that without opportunity presenting itself? No.

Yeah so he can fuse himself with things, whoopie. The best thing he could do is whine and cry and prance around in his hotpants like some pedophiles dream. I don't recall him kicking anyones ass in FMA.

Right off the top of my head he would be my top most worthless character. If I think of more I'll update this post.

EDIT: Now that I think about it Sloth was pretty worthless herself. She was only there as a plot device she never actually did anything but turn Wrath into a whiny mommas boy.

+Quote Post
Ed's_Girl
post Apr 5 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,090

Not many characters are all that useless. I know you want me to prove it....

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Apr 5 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #4

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

Tea Gardner - Yugioh
She is comepletely and utterly useless! Besides that Yugi kinda likes her dry.gif She can't duel for a rat's ass and she is so damned whiney

Johny Tightlips XD He doesn't say anything so what is the use of having him as a mobster tongue.gif

Yuffie FF7- She has absolutely no material to add to the story really. They could have easilly have left her out of Advent Children and have a great film.

The Trainmaster (Matrix Revolutions) My god this movie sucked monkey ass holes... but that aside he really didn't serve any good purpose. He was just supposed to provide an optional way for Neo to escape... I don't even think Neo does use the train *forgets*

Mouse (Matrix) He was cool but didn't do a thing really... besides make the woman in the red dress program tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 5 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #5

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 5 2005, 06:47 PM)
Johny Tightlips
who?

Yuffie FF7- She has absolutely no material to add to the story really. They could have easilly have left her out of Advent Children and have a great film.

The Trainmaster (Matrix Revolutions) My god this movie sucked monkey ass holes... but that aside he really didn't serve any good purpose. He was just supposed to provide an optional way for Neo to escape... I don't even think Neo does use the train *forgets*

Mouse (Matrix) He was cool but didn't do a thing really... besides make the woman in the red dress program tongue.gif

um.... these aren't anime characters

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Apr 5 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #6

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

John Ashcroft.

No, wait... I WISH he was a figment of my imagination.

I gotta go with Wrath.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Apr 5 2005, 05:47 PM
Post #7

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

Yes Wrath is useless he cannot do anything. Now I must leave because I'm on a forum diet. *runs away*

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Apr 5 2005, 06:18 PM
Post #8

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

Hmm... maybe I oughta avoid this topic. My favorites are probably all going to get bashed...

Naw.

Anyhow, the useless lame-o losahs aaarrrre:

Sasuke, Naruto- Yeah, he's great to add tension between he and Naruto... for a few episodes. After a while, it's just like, Get the heck over it, you whiny SOB!

Sakura, Naruto- See above, only without any madd skills. (I'm told she gets cooler in recent chapters of the manga, but I don't like the series enough to stick around that long, and she's already taken her sweet time anyhow.)

Kozue, Revolutionary girl Utena- Well, she might not be totally useless... *checks* nope, I was right, she's useless. All she does is make Miki suffer for crap he couldn't control, and making him neurotic, and while it's an important theme for him to bear, I really wouldn't mind if she just sorta... fell off a cliff or something.

Yui, Fushigi Yuugi- dry.gif ....

(I know I'm gonna get killed, but... I LOVE WINRY AND WRATH! HAW!)

That is all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Apr 5 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #9

Master Alchemist

QUOTE(hitokiri @ Apr 5 2005, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 5 2005, 06:47 PM)
Johny Tightlips
who?

um.... these aren't anime characters
[snapback]147391[/snapback]

O.O Hito, I am disappointed in you sleep.gif I thought you and Bacon would know Johny Tightlips from the Simpsons tongue.gif

Yes, Johny and the Matrix ones are technically not anime but Matrix is kinda anime-ic and Simpsons is animated at least. Yuffie is kinda anime, just in video game form.

Fine Full Out Anime Characters dry.gif:
Poo from Yu Yu... It is utterly useless! That ugly fuzz ball has got to go... and if it does have some kind of significance in the show later you better keep it to yourself

Lyn from BeBop (Episodes Jupiter Jazz Pts. 1and2) All he did was take the hit for Vicious... that is basically it besides he is the Red Dragon's biatch.

One of the Funnier ones E.G. Mine tongue.gif He got killed by Raide *can't spell* the Blade. All EG Mine did was kill Dominique who isn't very hard if you can break her Demon Eye spell and Monev the Gaile Who is just a brute. EG Mine was useless but pretty funny tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Falling_Man
post Apr 5 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,082

I can't really think of any at the moment... but...

Random lazy black cat from Trigun. It's there for amusement. It's funny, but useless. *yawn*

Caine the Longshot, from Trigun. In the anime, all he did was shoot giant bullets at Vash, then commit suicide. (No lines either) What a waste of a Gung Ho Gun. You'd think they'd do more with him. Least most of the others got some attention.

@Slash: It's Rai Dei the Blade. Nighttow goes into a bit of detail of the hell he went through in Trigun Maximum. I thought it was funny thought that Vash bested Rai's finisher with something really simple. You should get into it.

--------------------
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
It is asked of you to proceed to the next post in a orderly manner,
as this will allow a much smoother flow in your forum experience.

-Another forum nut who is also a self-proclaimed sanely insane person.

Credit goes to Ailuro for the sig. (Sankyuu, Sensei~! X3)

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Apr 5 2005, 06:44 PM
Post #11

Master Alchemist

I don't get mangas because.... They don't sell them anywhere where I live -__- If someone could PM me with a source though... Btw, thanks for correcting my spelling error.

To stay on subject:

That Girl's Dad from Detective Conan XD He couldn't solve a case if Conan flashed the answer in bright neon red lights XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Apr 5 2005, 06:48 PM
Post #12

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Apr 5 2005, 05:18 PM)
Sasuke, Naruto- Yeah, he's great to add tension between he and Naruto... for a few episodes.  After a while, it's just like, Get the heck over it, you whiny SOB!

Sakura, Naruto- See above, only without any madd skills.  (I'm told she gets cooler in recent chapters of the manga, but I don't like the series enough to stick around that long, and she's already taken her sweet time anyhow.)

That is all.
[snapback]147453[/snapback]

Toby-Chan we must talk. Sakura is the so annoying all she does is talk about how she loves Sasuke, Sasuke this blah,blah. BLAH! Shut up women. She took her sweet time to start training. -______- Still.... she'll have to have an intense battle for me to like her.

Yes , Sasuke is very whiny angst.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 5 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #13

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Apr 5 2005, 08:44 PM)
That Girl's Dad from Detective Conan XD He couldn't solve a case if Conan flashed the answer in bright neon red lights XD
[snapback]147468[/snapback]

while do hate both the character and the series, the dad IS necessary he's the only reason people listen to that little punkass kid. though i still don't understand why anyone would drug someone to make them a kid, when they could just kill them.... one of the many various reasons i hate that show.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Blade Alchemist
post Apr 5 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #14

Alchemists

Member No.: 8,558

I think the most useless is Toki from the Samuria X movie (the one that takes place after the Rurouni Kenshin t.v. series). All she did was cry dry.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Free Cookies!!
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Apr 5 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #15

Brigadier General

QUOTE(Blade Alchemist @ Apr 5 2005, 09:42 PM)
I think the most useless is Toki from the Samuria X movie (the one that takes place after the Rurouni Kenshin t.v. series). All she did was cry dry.gif
[snapback]147505[/snapback]

toki? who? do you mean tomoe? and aren't the samurai x movies set in the bakumatsu period, thus making it BEFORE the series?

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 11:46 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css