Post #62

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,277

Let me dash the hopes of all Nina fans:
She doesn't come back.

Now you want to tell me: "Don't spoil it for me, you !@#$!"
To quote Star Wars: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
I mean, why kid yourself by clinging to a shred of false-hope, when every alchemist in the show that acts like that gets smacked down by God's heavy hand?

Do you think it would serve the narrative of FMA to bring her back, when the entire theme of the show is that chasing futile dreams never brings happiness? That desire and greed is suffering? Chasing the Philosopher's Stone, is an ephemeral goal, for example.

Tucker can't get his daughter back because he was looking for the perfect chimera. He can't go back to the way things were. And now chasing that goal will become his tormenting vision on the horizon, much in the same way the Elrics are trying to chase after their past. This is based upon the simple fact that humans desire more and more, even after they have achieved something.

In other words, your Nina is a plot device used to make FMA that much more...*cough* tragic. (I tend to view it as scrumptous, and by scrumptous I mean very bloody and twisted.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 16 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #63

Guests

Philosopher's Stone: I knew that fact, but I thoughtr we leave that kind of stuff in the dark, only hint them in ways that make want to know So bad.

Plus i'ts apparrent Tucker never gets Nina basck, hence his plan to deceive himself by creating a new Nina, one identical to the original. So as you said, Tucker can't go back to the way things were, but his urge to make so drove him to utter maddess, to steps the Elrics did that cost them dearly but stop while they were able to and accept their mother's passing so they can undo what they did to themselves.

But Nina is a plot device used to show more to the darkness of FMA, of the maddness of one man who loses everything from his family to his very humanity.
However, I'm surprised no one ever thought to add a "Perfect Chimera" into any FMA plot, and I don't mean a talking one(sorta).

+Quote Post
Philosopher'...
post Apr 16 2005, 10:50 PM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 11,277

Umm...Tucker pretty much perfected the process for a "perfect chimera" in the Lab 5 or whatever it was. An intelligent chimera is the perfect chimera (Doi!). And look! all these live prisoners, gee aren't we happy?

Besides, you're missing my point.

Like you have reiterated, I'm crushing your hopes: I wanted to deliver the killing blow to the hopes of any who loved Nina. To quote Maddox of internet infamy: "With the eloquence of a drunk eating his own puke, you stumbled through this fact completely oblivious."

My point was precisely: "HA! HA! I'M KILLING YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS!"

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 16 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #65

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

Hey Philosoper's Stone, try using a spoiler box once in a while. I read the first sentence of one of your posts and it was a spoiler. A lot of people on this site have not seen the whole series yet and they don't want to know things until they happen on the show. If you don't know how to do a spoiler box it goes like this:
1) before the spoiler type spoiler in brackets [ ]
2) then type the info
3) then type /spoiler in brackets []
Thanks a lot.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 16 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #66

Guests

I don't think I spoiled anything. If you're reading a thread titled "episode 21", what do you expect? You know all this already.

If you don't already know?
A) What is Tucker doing there in the first place?
cool.gif Wasn't Nina technically the "perfect chimera".
C) Wow, the people in this lab don't value human life at all. Wouldn't it be suprising if we used all these humans to make chimeras like Tucker did with Nina?

+Quote Post
chocolate_eds_ev...
post Sep 12 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #67

Apprentice

Member No.: 21,967

Ya u have a point Philosopher's Stone. Oh and crishing ppl's hopes is fun. biggrin.gif
sorry everones always doing that to me and all u can do about it is laugh laugh.gif
hey its the truth

--------------------
In our vast unwinding existence we tend to forget the things that were important to us
but by forgetting them we realize that they weren't all that important
but, by thinking that, u remember what u have forgotten
and in that instant of remembering what you were trying to remember
you forget about the thing you have forgotten
so before you start to forget just remember
those who truely remembered you won't be forgotten... or not.
--------My Chocolate Family--------
Elder Sis- Jen Elric
Elder Bro- DarkBlade Alchemist; Mustang's Appentice
Lil Sis- Ed's numbuh 1 fan; animefangirl; braindead fma fan;& Kakashi's #1 girlfriend
----------------------------------------
join my chocolate family, pm me anytim

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 01:52 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css