Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 21 "the Red Glow"
AlphonseRules
post Apr 5 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #31

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,124

Guest, wuld you really say that he redeemed himself if he did bring Nina back successfully? Even if he remade Nina perfectly she would not be Nina, just a chimera that looks and acts like her. Also, it would not change the fact that he destroyed his own daughter.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CursedAnubis
post Apr 6 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,726

Here I am again with some screenies of this episode smile.gif

I rewatched the episode and I noticed that Scar's brother gave Scar the same exact tattoo that he had when he was naked, hmm coincidence? Also, there's some freakish hair changing going on in this series... In Scar's flashbacks of him and his brother when he's thinking about Lust, Scar's hair appears brown, probably before the war. When he flashes back in this episode, his hair is brown on top and grey for the sideburns, and then a little bit later, his hair is the way it is now, white on top with grey sides. Maybe Scar's been playing with hair dye? Lol, sorry, it's just something that bugs me. I hope they explain the hair changes somewhere down the road.

Nina in the tube doesn't really look like Nina to me, maybe it's just the light blink.gif
If you guys want more specific screenies, just ask laugh.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  eww.JPG ( 49.9K ) Number of downloads: 22
Attached File  getoff.JPG ( 47.38K ) Number of downloads: 22
Attached File  greed.JPG ( 34.02K ) Number of downloads: 16
Attached File  nina.JPG ( 26.57K ) Number of downloads: 191
Attached File  tatoo.JPG ( 53.98K ) Number of downloads: 32
Attached File  thatsthe.JPG ( 39.19K ) Number of downloads: 25

--------------------
user posted image
Take my advice, Mustang... The Philosopher's Stone does not exist.

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 6 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 5 2005, 09:14 PM)
Guest, wuld you really say that he redeemed himself if he did bring Nina back successfully?  Even if he remade Nina perfectly she would not be Nina, just a chimera that looks and acts like her.  Also, it would not change the fact that he destroyed his own daughter.
[snapback]147563[/snapback]

I have to agree with you. He did destroy her, and that Chimera isn't the Nina we know or the Nina we remember. The Guest is right though (and thank you for the fic, btw.) Although I could never trust nor accept full redemption from Tucker, he does look lieke he's trying.

Here I am again with some screenies of this episode  If you guys want more specific screenies, just ask

I am so taking you up on that, lol. (I love the screenie of Nina... will draw it!)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Falling_Man
post Apr 6 2005, 12:59 PM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 4,082

I personally think that is Tucker did revive Nina, that wouldn't be enough to redeem himself. Like revive his wife or something more...

@CursedAnubis: If you happened to notice, Scar's arm has a scar toward hi shoulder, like there was some kind of slash of something. I don't think Scar's brother put the array on Scar's arm. And that one flashback where Scar remember's that girl who looks like Envy. I think that's his brother standing next to her.

--------------------
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
It is asked of you to proceed to the next post in a orderly manner,
as this will allow a much smoother flow in your forum experience.

-Another forum nut who is also a self-proclaimed sanely insane person.

Credit goes to Ailuro for the sig. (Sankyuu, Sensei~! X3)

+Quote Post
Stained_Wings
post Apr 6 2005, 01:20 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 7,623

@ Falling Man: you mean lust. lust is who the flashback-woman looked like. we don't know what Envy's original form was, since he keeps changing it and has the palm-tree look cuz he thinks it's cute.

i have a question about this whole Nina thing: the "revived" version of Nina that tucker's making, is it just a chimera like he is, with an animal-like body and a human face? because that's what it looked like. Cursed Anubis, could you do a cap of the chimera-Nina so i have a better idea of it? i've watched the episode twice now and i still couldn't quite grasp the concept.

+Quote Post
Guest_todd_*
post Apr 6 2005, 01:29 PM
Post #36

Guests

what is the law of alchemy(please restate it for me)equivelent exchange

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 6 2005, 02:22 PM
Post #37

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE(todd @ Apr 6 2005, 01:29 PM)
what is the law of alchemy(please restate it for me)equivelent exchange
[snapback]147878[/snapback]

Alchemy's first law is that of Equivalent Exchange. To gain, something of Equal Value must be lost.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CursedAnubis
post Apr 6 2005, 05:51 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,726

Ahh so that explains the flashback... And here I was thinking "Why does Scar's brother have long hair there? And why does Scar compare his brother to Lust?" tongue.gif Lol I'm dense that way sometimes

--------------------
user posted image
Take my advice, Mustang... The Philosopher's Stone does not exist.

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 6 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

This might be a spoiler (its just a thought I had)
[spoiler]Here's a thought that makes Shou a little more evil. He is trying to create a perfect recreation of Nina right. I don't think that he could do it with just animals, he needs humans to get the quality he is after. Therefor I suspect that he is using the men in the prison in which he resides to try to make "Nina".[/spoiler]

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
kungfustickman
post Apr 6 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 2,204

I think it's pathetic that he tries to redeem himself. (well sort of) What gets me is that he's wearing his glasses upside down without having them fall off. (Oh no another mystery!)

--------------------
When I become the Fuhrer.....

+Quote Post
Stained_Wings
post Apr 7 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 7,623

QUOTE(kungfustickman @ Apr 7 2005, 12:52 AM)
I think it's pathetic that he tries to redeem himself.  (well sort of)  What gets me is that he's wearing his glasses upside down without having them fall off.  (Oh no another mystery!)
[snapback]148231[/snapback]

what gets me is why he has his glasses at all! if you look, they're sort of fused with his head. it would make more sense for him to be glasses-less than to have them sort of attached to his head.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 7 2005, 09:05 AM
Post #42

Guests

Actually, as it seems obivious, the remains of the NinaChimera must had been scrapped off the wall and taken to the 5th Lab, as Basque's trump card to get Tucker to cooperate. While Tucker could ressurect his daughter's body, he lacked the ability to make Nina fully human{As Beastman Chimeras almost bend the rules of human-revival}, but it would seem likely that everytime Tucker tries any transmuation related to his daughter, a bit of himself is taken and replaced with a part of the very creature he tried to create with his daughter and dog as key elements.

Hence Shou Tucker is anyother purserer of the Philopsher's Stone, as its power would be means to retore Nina. As for Mrs. Tucker, somehow that was never gaven any assumption of what happened to her in detail, only that Tucker made her a chimera and she straved herself soon after. How and why Tucker did that may never truely be known, but it's likely he made himself promise never to pull off such a stunt again. Only to break it thanks to Basque Gran.

+Quote Post
dragonofchaos
post Apr 7 2005, 10:01 AM
Post #43

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,719

um in the manga version shou died with his dauhter before they were taken

--------------------
enter my sactuary and learn true knouledge
big bro to celestial fangirl, mike, Slashrose1010, Alchemist X, kaji renkinjutsu, fresh coffee, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, and ~FMAgurl~
[RAWRs- Rabid, very dedicated fangirls/fanboys that hang around the pandect forum that are vicious, and bite, and one of them is trained in the use of sharp medical implements. they control the pandect poll and each one seems to treat one of the pandect charactars like their young and their god at the same time]

+Quote Post
yannathedemonalc...
post Apr 7 2005, 10:30 AM
Post #44

Citizen

From: anywhere that i can use alchemy and not be in trouble for it
Member No.: 11,300

i think that tucker should die for what he did to nina but that is just my opinion on the subject.....cya all soon

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 7 2005, 12:53 PM
Post #45

State Alchemist (Major)

Heh, me too. Stupid, lowlife insane jerk... poor Nina.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2016 - 11:21 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css