Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 21 "the Red Glow"
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 3 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #16

Guests

Ymsg & BloodRedAlchemist: Techincally, Tucker did not kill his daughter he just merged her and Alexander. Scar was one who "freed" the girl and her dog from this new-found shared existence.

But while you feel sorry for this nutjob, Tucker is the type of guy you can trust. He's now filled with desire to bring his daughter back to life and in her original human form, but how far he'll go would be compared to when he was focused on staying a State Alchemist. So we'll likely see more of the new Nina-Chimera, but out of stasis I have no idea.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Falling_Man
post Apr 3 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,082

Great episode. It really ticked me off how the State kept using criminals as alchemic material. And what's the deal with Lust's reaction toward Greed's escape? I thought the Homunculi were united in some way. I wonder how the heck the transmutation circle in the red room will work? [spoiler]Are they gonna stick a bunch of Homunculi or Chimeras on there in addition to the incomplete Philosopher's Stone? And are humans the only useable material? Is it possible to use other animals? Are homunculi replacements for humans in the creation of the Stone? Is that thier original purpose? And were they made from people?[/spoiler] Sorry bout that. Anyway, looking forward to next week. wink.gif

--------------------
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.
It is asked of you to proceed to the next post in a orderly manner,
as this will allow a much smoother flow in your forum experience.

-Another forum nut who is also a self-proclaimed sanely insane person.

Credit goes to Ailuro for the sig. (Sankyuu, Sensei~! X3)

+Quote Post
BloodRedAlchemis...
post Apr 3 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 10,992

QUOTE(LightningAlchemist @ Apr 3 2005, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE(BloodRedAlchemist @ Apr 3 2005, 05:12 PM)
[COLOR=red]that episode was soooo good!!
I can't believe Shou Tucker is back. I couldn't stand him after what he did to his own daughter. I feel bad for Ed cause he doesn't know what to do. I mean this is his chance of getting the philospher's stone but should he really trust this man who killed his own daughter to continue being an alchemist. Now I can't wait till next Saturday. It seems sooo far away!!
[snapback]146260[/snapback]

Ya I cant believe hes back too dry.gif and this episode gave a more indepth of Scars past but what was up with his brother being naked? blink.gif
[snapback]146326[/snapback]

The thing about him being naked is so u could see all the markings. Being naked in japanese culture is different than what it is over here. Over there its almost a symbol of rebirth. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Imagine you had three wishes, three hopes, three dreams and they all came true.- Aladdin

Michael: how long have you two been having problems.
Tobias: well... I don't want to blame 9/11 but it didn't help.- Arrested Development

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 3 2005, 08:36 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE(darkangelslayer @ Apr 3 2005, 07:20 PM)
Tuckers a bear... type... thing. Anyways, he sounds good though. He has that whispering thing going on.
[snapback]146329[/snapback]

Yeah, I really liked his voice a lot. It made it sound like he was in pain the whole time ,which hopfully he is cause he certainly deserves it. That was crazy when he walked out from the shadows and couldn't tell it was him, but then he showed his face. Man, that had me on the edge of my seat.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
CursedAnubis
post Apr 3 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,726

Great episode. It really ticked me off how the State kept using criminals as alchemic material

Umm, would you rather they, for example, kidnap innocent people off the streets and use them instead? It may be messed up that they're experimenting with human beings, but still it's better to use an already corrupt person than an innocent one, IMO.

I found this episode to be more exciting than episode 20, because so much information is revealed. Scar's brother tried to bring back his girlfriend and failed, having results similar to what happened when Ed and Al tried to bring back their mother... hmm. I love the questions that this episode brings up:
What exactly is that tattooed circle on Scar's arm?
Why was Scar's brother covered in those tattoos?
Will Ed be able to form an Philosoher's Stone in that red glowing room?
I hope that episode 22 is just as good as this one.

--------------------
user posted image
Take my advice, Mustang... The Philosopher's Stone does not exist.

+Quote Post
animeluver25
post Apr 4 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 10,152

man... i didn't get to see it. i missed it, i can't believe i did that, but can you guys tell me what happened? please?

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 4 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #22

Guests

QUOTE(CursedAnubis @ Apr 3 2005, 08:43 PM)
I found this episode to be more exciting than episode 20, because so much information is revealed. Scar's brother tried to bring back his girlfriend and failed, having results similar to what happened when Ed and Al tried to bring back their mother... hmm. I love the questions that this episode brings up:
What exactly is that tattooed circle on Scar's arm?
Why was Scar's brother covered in those tattoos?
Will Ed be able to form an Philosoher's Stone in that red glowing room?
I hope that episode 22 is just as good as this one.
[snapback]146539[/snapback]

[spoiler]
1. the symbol on scar's arm is the same thing as the array in that room of Red Water.
2. big clue: the tattoos on him is the same as Scar's
3. yes he can [/spoiler]

And what's the deal with Lust's reaction toward Greed's escape? I thought the Homunculi were united in some way. I wonder how the heck the transmutation circle in the red room will work? 

[spoiler]
Overall, ya the homunculus work together, but Greed is one that rebelled against the others. He doesn't want to be human, like the others.
All around the room is the basic material in the room, Red Water, the array on the ceiling and the floor...and prisoners hidden away. [/spoiler]

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 4 2005, 03:24 PM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

Ymsg & BloodRedAlchemist: Techincally, Tucker did not kill his daughter he just merged her and Alexander. Scar was one who "freed" the girl and her dog from this new-found shared existence.

But while you feel sorry for this nutjob, Tucker is the type of guy you can trust. He's now filled with desire to bring his daughter back to life and in her original human form, but how far he'll go would be compared to when he was focused on staying a State Alchemist. So we'll likely see more of the new Nina-Chimera, but out of stasis I have no idea.

It was because of him that she died, though. If he hadn't gone and... and , transmutated his OWN DAUGHTER, she wouldn't have been killed by Scar. Yeah... 'freed' my butt.

I don't feel sorry for him either, and I don't know whether or not I can trust him. He seems honest enough by creating chimera-nina, but I don't know if we'll ever get the one we love back. Then again, you're speaking unbiased, where I am so pro-nina, death to Tucker, that you make more sense than I.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
sailorv
post Apr 4 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 10,231

I just rewatched this episode 'cause there were so many things happening. I was pretty bummed after seeing it the first time - too much stress!!! ohmy.gif But the second time through, I could see the multiple threads of plot developing, so it wasn't as overwhelming.

With my first viewing, I wondered why on earth Barry had been given the power to free some(one)(thing) who'd been locked up for 130 years! On rewatching, I'm now guessing that Greed's freedom was an unintended side-effect of the blast Barry triggered. What do you think?

Also, I'm racking my brain with regards to any "old" alchemist lore/legend/history that might tie into Greed's 130 years of internment, but I'm coming up with nothing. Anybody catch anything with regards to this in the first 19 episodes?

Cheers!

PS No spoilers please biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sailorv

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 4 2005, 09:37 PM
Post #25

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

I thought that Barry released Greed as well, but know that you mention it, it seems more likely that it was an accident caused by the explosion. Especially since even Glutony and Lust seem to fear Greed.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Jen_Elric
post Apr 5 2005, 07:06 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 9,551

Wow! This episode was so good! I thought that Tucker looked creepy, and his voice didn't help either. I almost cried twice in the episode. Alot of questions were answered(ok...not alot but a few) but alot of questions came up! I can't wait until episode 22, but for now I'll just have to watch this episode again on Thursday night!

--------------------

Phyco-girl made my siggy! She's so cool! ^_^
My Family! (Wanna join the Elric family? Please PM me and I'll add you to the family list!)
Little Sisters: ~.:Anime Gal:.~, ~FMAgurl~, Kit, Azura Elric, chocolate_eds_everywhere, Kakashi's#1 girlfriend, FullMetalAlchemist01FAN, Kal Rommel
Brothers:«°~Envy™~°», Mustang's apprentice, niagra flame, Jamal Mana alchemist, bloodlust alchemist

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 5 2005, 07:28 AM
Post #27

Guests

Ymsg: True, but Nina's condition was because of Basque Gran himself, as the entire beastman Project was his own design. It seemed by Tucker's saddeness when he saw his daughter as a human for last time hinted that Basque Gran made the selection, and may had even threaten to indirectly kill Nina if Shou didn't cooperate. Tucker is weak, unable to resist temptation on forbidden territory and standing up for his own child. But Tucker lost more than just his daughter...He lost his sanity.

As I meant to say, Tucker can't be all trusted. But whatever Nina's shall return is of question. But I like Nina, she was cute and was a shame she lasted only two episodes, only to become a major plot device. Tucker is only a victim of the hell he created for himself. Which all began with his daughter made into a chimera and he slowly decended into maddness, with a body to match with his mentality.
But seeing you 'pro-Nina', maybe I E-Mail you a fic I have relating to her and non-FMA character.

+Quote Post
Sikiu-San
post Apr 5 2005, 12:50 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 3,436

wow its hard to tell what happend in the manga comparied to this episode XXDD;;; but i like how scar killed tucker in the manga dry.gif bastard deserved to die that way in the anime too *coughs* good episode ^O^ my heart was pounding miles a minute though this whole. first off greed. not jumping up and down about his voice but they did do a good job biggrin.gif im glad they left that scene with kimbely >_> <3 ok on with bary, someoen said that this was the last we saw of him >_> is that true? bary is the one thats suppost to give them alot of info *gonk* but in a way thats good because i hate his voice dry.gif tuckers form was *shivers* and whats with people in fma having their heads upside down *gonk* *dies* ;-; aslo one thing puzzles me with scar and lust =/ but i cant say because its a spoiler of what happens later in the show *gonk* well anyone who has seen the entier seires send me a message ph34r.gif i might not respond right away thoguth ^^;;; scars brother i fell sorry for him. poor man lost his mind because of alchemy and his obsession for his love. i was also cracking up a bit because i was compairng scars voice from the flash back to now XD;; yeah i know he ws younger then but still tongue.gif i cant wait for saturdays episode ^O^ lots of action ph34r.gif ^O^

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 5 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

Ymsg: True, but Nina's condition was because of Basque Gran himself, as the entire beastman Project was his own design. It seemed by Tucker's saddeness when he saw his daughter as a human for last time hinted that Basque Gran made the selection, and may had even threaten to indirectly kill Nina if Shou didn't cooperate. Tucker is weak, unable to resist temptation on forbidden territory and standing up for his own child. But Tucker lost more than just his daughter...He lost his sanity.

As I meant to say, Tucker can't be all trusted. But whatever Nina's shall return is of question. But I like Nina, she was cute and was a shame she lasted only two episodes, only to become a major plot device. Tucker is only a victim of the hell he created for himself. Which all began with his daughter made into a chimera and he slowly decended into maddness, with a body to match with his mentality.
But seeing you 'pro-Nina', maybe I E-Mail you a fic I have relating to her and non-FMA character.

I'd like to see the fic. My email's in my profile.

Gran is a sick, sadistic, twisted man, and Tucker's a weakling for not standing up for his own daughter. That's so.. disgusting. And you're exactly right; he can't resist temptation on new territory, so much that he would sacrifice the only family he had, and sanity he had for it. Shows how well that turned out for him.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 5 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #30

Guests

Ymsg: The fic is on you way, a preview any way.

BtT...

While insane now, Tucker is trying to redeem himself to bring back Nina. But the fact of how willing he is to go that far is where the 'death to Tucker' people would jump in. But I'll laugh by saying that a man in a postion like Tucker's will never get killed off, only suffering and pity by some.

But I'm surpised, Chuck Huber could pull the kind of voice Steven Jay Blum(Guilmon[D-Tamers], Brunk[WITCH]) & Andy Serkis (Gollum) pulled off. This is Raven(TT) all over again for me.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 06:00 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css