Reply to this topicStart new topic
Episode 21 "the Red Glow"
Kinbari-chan
post Apr 2 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,848

Ok was it just me or did other people get no sound on this episode? The sound would not work on Cartoon Network but was working fine on other channels. I only got to see the show visually. That's ok though. I've already seen the episode in its original context and know the storyline, but I wanted to see how the English dialogue compared! Anyhow didn't notice any scenes cut out. If any of you guys got sound feel free to discuss the episode, and if you didn't feel free to rant. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
This sig is made by my all so wonderful brother, Jonathan. Want a sig? Contact him at Heavyarms410@aol.com.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FullMetal-Superi...
post Apr 2 2005, 10:07 PM
Post #2

Citizen

Member No.: 11,006

that episode was cool and whe nEd found that red room was that blood that came out of the faucet when he turned the knob?

+Quote Post
Mortari
post Apr 2 2005, 10:25 PM
Post #3

Citizen

Member No.: 4,426

QUOTE(Kinbari-chan @ Apr 2 2005, 11:00 PM)
Ok was it just me or did other people get no sound on this episode? The sound would not work on Cartoon Network but was working fine on other channels. I only got to see the show visually. That's ok though. I've already seen the episode in its original context and know the storyline, but I wanted to see how the English dialogue compared! Anyhow didn't notice any scenes cut out. If any of you guys got sound feel free to discuss the episode, and if you didn't feel free to rant. happy.gif
[snapback]145866[/snapback]

I had sound over here. Must be the area, sometimes some channels do that with my cable system. It's an alright episode. I don't like the Barry voice very much though. ph34r.gif

--------------------
"Dilly-dally, shilly-shally. Isn't it time you do the forgiving?"

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 2 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Guests

This marks the return of who may well be the most tragedic and most hated character...Shou Tucker. Whom form I see in it's enitirty. Thought I am a bit disappointed that it's not as malformed as I can to blieved(I thought the body would be like something out of Resident Evil or a bit like Hyper-X Karis from Shinzo.)

But Tucker is still a bit insane like we saw him last time, he is showing more regret on his part instead of covering up his excuses to lies to himself and others.
But seeing the new "more-human" Chimera-Nina was a surprise, she's obviously the most perfected version in the cloning department.
A shame we don't get to see Barry again. Only the comics revealed what happened to him after escaping Scar.

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Apr 2 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #5

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

Wow, this episode was freakin amazing. It might be my new favorite. At a few parts I almost started to cry, not because it was sad but because I was completely shocked. I liked Scar's memory but his brother was pretty wierd. I thought that the Shou chimera was great, how he was upside down and his altered voice made it extra creepy. It's pretty cool that Al and Scar are cooperating for the moment(what a team). Man did I love this one, so much to think about.

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
*~Oashisu*~
post Apr 2 2005, 11:58 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 5,831

This was a very dramatic episode. I had to explain to my friend though what was happening, so I wasn't able to get into it as much as I usually do. *coughandhekeptsayinghowstupidtheshowwascough*
ANYWAYS, the scene with Scars brother, very weird in my opinion, poor guy, he seemed like he was going completely insane.
And Greed, I think this was the first time we had heard his voice, either that or I don't remember hearing it earlier, anyways, I was expecting something a little different.
I thought Barry was hilarious though. >.> He such an idiot.
The episode was really cool, and dramatic though.

--------------------
deviantART's Not-So-Official Vic Mignogna Fan Club!

Avatar © Me, but most of the textures © to their respectful owners.

Visit My Pathetic Art!

+Quote Post
kungfustickman
post Apr 3 2005, 02:01 AM
Post #7

Citizen

Member No.: 2,204

QUOTE(AlphonseRules @ Apr 2 2005, 11:09 PM)
Wow, this episode was freakin amazing.  It might be my new favorite.  At a few parts I almost started to cry, not because it was sad but because I was completely shocked.  I liked Scar's memory but his brother was pretty wierd.  I thought that the Shou chimera was great, how he was upside down and his altered voice made it extra creepy.  It's pretty cool that Al and Scar are cooperating for the moment(what a team).  Man did I love this one, so much to think about.
[snapback]145926[/snapback]

Glad you liked it. If you pay attention closely you might be able to catch a hint of what's to come. I must continue to stress that almost everything you see in FMA comes back as an important plot point. Well except for episode... nope never mind it's all important.

--------------------
When I become the Fuhrer.....

+Quote Post
min951
post Apr 3 2005, 10:00 AM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 10,772

I thought the episode was great. Scar's brother looked like he was going insane. smile.gif Tucker and the red glow was a fun surprise. Al and Scar made a good team too. My eyes seems glued to the screen when I was watching the episode, I can't wait for next week.

+Quote Post
Stained_Wings
post Apr 3 2005, 11:35 AM
Post #9

Citizen

Member No.: 7,623

i loved this episode. having only been watching this since episode 13, this was my first taste of how thought-provoking and weird FMA is. the shou tucker and red glow thing was pretty cool yet creepy. i'm a bit surprised that Scar and Al teamed up, i would think Al would try to do something - anything - to keep him away from Ed. but then again, Al isn't strong enough to defeat Scar on his own.... and Scar's brother was really creepy when he had all those markings on him and his eyes were all bugged out. also, it was sad when Ed was trying to keep the "younger brother" from destroying his blood seal... Ed was so desperate to treat them like real people and keep him from basically committng suicide,but he did it anyway.

i have a feeling that the red glowing room will be destroyed in the next episode (i hope that's not a spoiler) because that just seems like the kinda thing that would happen. can't wait till next week! ^^

+Quote Post
ScarredSweethear...
post Apr 3 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 10,669

It was a very good episode. Not that I didn't like number 20, but I thought this one was better. I do think it was highly cruel what happened to scars brother though; what he (seemed)to have givin up during his failed transmutation.

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 3 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #11

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

This marks the return of who may well be the most tragedic and most hated character...Shou Tucker. Whom form I see in it's enitirty. Thought I am a bit disappointed that it's not as malformed as I can to blieved(I thought the body would be like something out of Resident Evil or a bit like Hyper-X Karis from Shinzo.)

But Tucker is still a bit insane like we saw him last time, he is showing more regret on his part instead of covering up his excuses to lies to himself and others.
But seeing the new "more-human" Chimera-Nina was a surprise, she's obviously the most perfected version in the cloning department.
A shame we don't get to see Barry again. Only the comics revealed what happened to him after escaping Scar.

The Barry voice sends chills down my spine, lol. But I too was greatly disappointed that Shou Tucker was not more malformed than he was. I swear, I was happy when I heard he was dead. I can't find it in me to trust Tucker entirely; he killed Nina, and I don't want to forgive him for that.

And seeing Chimera-Nina... omg, that was heart-wrenching. Do you think they'll bring her back?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Full Metal Engin...
post Apr 3 2005, 12:55 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,361

@ Kinbari-chan: my sound was perfect I dunno about the rest of you but I was ok with the sound and the performance or whatever.

@ FullMetal-Superior: the red "liquid" is the closest thing to the philosophers stone its not really a liquid or a solid its like mercury you know that stuff that when it falls it turns into little balls of liquid.

Episode 21 was pretty cool but instead of answerring the question of Al's memory it just added alot more questions w.o answerring Al's memory and I feel that there wasn't enough action for my taste but it was a pretty cool episode much like a cliff-hanger because now I really cant wait untill next saturday/sunday night/morning to see Episode 22 I'm gonna be so impaitient *starts jumping up and down* it was such a good episode I almost started to cry when I saw the credits rolling up I was like "noo dont let it finish now more more more red stuff...need red stuff" laugh.gif but seriously I think it was like so good that I lost track of time and before I knew it its 12:00

--------------------
user posted image

Son to Ailuro. Little brother to Shardy. Big brotother to Water Alchemist. Little brother to -Kr!zY- . Little brother to Celes. Big brother to Kitty Cat . Big brother to Waterose. Big brother to Blade Alchemist Little brother to Xithion . Same aged brother to MustEd4ever.

Queendom Profession: Blacksmith of the Queendom, if you need weapons then come my way.

+Quote Post
BloodRedAlchemis...
post Apr 3 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 10,992

[COLOR=red]that episode was soooo good!!
I can't believe Shou Tucker is back. I couldn't stand him after what he did to his own daughter. I feel bad for Ed cause he doesn't know what to do. I mean this is his chance of getting the philospher's stone but should he really trust this man who killed his own daughter to continue being an alchemist. Now I can't wait till next Saturday. It seems sooo far away!!

--------------------
Imagine you had three wishes, three hopes, three dreams and they all came true.- Aladdin

Michael: how long have you two been having problems.
Tobias: well... I don't want to blame 9/11 but it didn't help.- Arrested Development

+Quote Post
LightningAlchemi...
post Apr 3 2005, 04:11 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 10,987

QUOTE(BloodRedAlchemist @ Apr 3 2005, 05:12 PM)
[COLOR=red]that episode was soooo good!!
I can't believe Shou Tucker is back. I couldn't stand him after what he did to his own daughter. I feel bad for Ed cause he doesn't know what to do. I mean this is his chance of getting the philospher's stone but should he really trust this man who killed his own daughter to continue being an alchemist. Now I can't wait till next Saturday. It seems sooo far away!!
[snapback]146260[/snapback]

Ya I cant believe hes back too dry.gif and this episode gave a more indepth of Scars past but what was up with his brother being naked? blink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
darkangelslayer
post Apr 3 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #15

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,011

Tuckers a bear... type... thing. Anyways, he sounds good though. He has that whispering thing going on.

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm aka Anshi as dubbed by Celes *that can be used by anyone and everyone*
Celes x Anshi supporter XDD

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 03:39 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css