HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
List Your Top 10 Favorite FMA Characters, From any FMA series, manga/anime (both series,) and the movie
Miss MP
post May 11 2010, 04:44 PM
Post #196

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 69,722

One: Riza Hawkeye - She actually reminds me of my mother (and consequently, myself). I love that she has a full range of emotions, steely determination, but she can be feminine and allowed to cry without the author or the general audience regarding her with pity. She can snipe through skulls, and she can shower the ground with tears. A strong woman who has not been made into a masculine sheman.

Two: Roy Mustang - Broody, a bit cocky, and full of fire to struggle for idealistic dreams that not many people have anymore. He might a few weaknesses, but he's loyal and never forgets those who made a difference in his life. His angst potential is off the charts - but seriously, he deserves some chill-happiness.

Three: Fuhrer Bradley - Though a villain, written so damn well and plays his part in this ridiculously complex chess game like a masterful pro. Being cruel enough to fake shaking his hands at a funeral and hold women hostages (granted those women were not typical DID's). A fantastic tactician in emotion and in his battles. The eyepatch is just a touch of badassery.

Four: Edward Elric - Duh. Out of the brothers, I much prefer the hotheaded one who just doesn't take a word of crap from anyone. He interrupts others and harbors his DaddyLeft complex (though that's cooled) and it's strangely endearing. An archetype, but executed with enough quirks and nuances to make him great to watch. A believer in the impossible, but still growing and showing signs of it as not to be the ultimate idealist. Some hero-archetypes just knock down everything and twist the universe into knots to show their prowess and might - Edward has hit some immovable walls, so he has to innovative.

Five: Fuery - Little glasses-wearing radio-fiddling adorable kid. Not sure what makes him in my top five, but he's damn huggable and he can pull his weight along with the rest of them.

Six: Maes Hughes - Loyal to the end, and shot by a caricature of his own wife. Even if he met his end, he was as strong as they come. His short run in the show did not matter because his impact on the characters was timeless. A loving, smothering father.

Seven: Ling (+absorbed Greed) - Easily the character that brought me the most laughs in the show - I guess he reminds me of Edward a little in that he's snarky and can laugh at nearly anything. His ambition caught me hard - it usually does.

Eight: Havoc - Screentime aside, I believe Havoc edged his way in as a best "guy" friend - not to replace Hughes in any way, mind you, but to give Mustang another incentive to reach for his dreams and ambitions. They seem like drinking buddies, but this is not a bad thing. Havoc's pretty damn easygoing and it works well for Mustang's lazy-slinging guy side. Alone, Havoc is an adorable chain-smoker with his heart on his sleeve about his failure with women . . . he's an open guy and endearing.

Nine: The Original Greed - A nice package, with his stark ambitions and his complete and utter lack of shame in wanting every woman, every dollar, every secret of life. Despite his shield, everything was out on the table with him. [Since I can only name ten, major props to Marta - I LOVED her, but number ten is taken by . . . ]

Ten: Izumi Curtis - The best housewife ever and a mother with her organs of life snatched away. She continues every day to protect those she loves and gives all of her ability to love to people not of her blood. That's a tough and brilliant thing to do. Props. <3

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Winry Rockbell~
post May 11 2010, 05:36 PM
Post #197

Citizen

Member No.: 68,641

#1:Winry Rockbell. She's the most incredible female character in the entire world, in my opinion. She doesn't need to hold a weapon to be important and strong- she holds her value and strength within her heart and words. She shows emotion when needed, laughs, cries, gets angry, and smiles. She doesn't depend on anyone to help her get through things, she thinks of others before herself. She is intelligent. She is a healer, a friend, caring, loving, selfless. I have yet to find a Winry-hater who gave a legit reason to hate her. Ever. All the reasons they have given, I have contradicted truthfully. The most amazing female character I have ever witnessed. I'm so glad she's the main girl in my favourite anime. smile.gif

I'm just gonna list my others without a huge explanation, since I feel that I could only talk this passionately only about Winry.

#2: Envy: He's cool, good-looking (yummy!), has attitude, but has a weaker side. A great character.
#3: Edward: Probably the only main character of a show I've liked. He has so many personality traits that make him so real and human.
#4: Lust. I've always been attracted to her (not sexually!). The way she's cool, calm and sultry makes me like her a lot.
#5: Sexy!Father. Mmm mmm good, sexy shirtless long haired Edward-cloned finger-licken' goodness.
#6: The Rockbell parents. Supportive, kind, hard-working, merciful.
#7: Kimbley. Yummy yummy yum~! I think I like most male chars cause of their yumminess.
#8: Havoc. Yummeh with determination, humour, and yumminess.
#9. May. Princess badassery to the greatest.
#10: Both Greeds. Yummeh, greedy and SEX WANTING. *cough* Brotherhood Dub. *cough*

--------------------

+Quote Post
xMinty
post Jun 13 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #198

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,457

hardley any al for number 1 ;_;

1. alphonse elric I CAN JUST EAT HIM ALL UP!!!!! <3
2. wrath: well I really like how he can just convince himself of things so easily like that sloth was his mom n all and how he really doesn't care about logic or anything dumb lyke that
3. siren: I like how she's such a trickster
4. lyra: I like her wind power <3
5. winry: I like winry a lot because she has such a unique and fun character but I think she's just too mean =/ so,if she wasnt she'd be my third fave.
6. havoc: the hawtest militay guy!!! <333
7. roy: second hawtest and he <3's dogs
8. edward =/: he's a spazzy brat but he does look hawt in some pictures ;_; lyke very hawt ;_;
9. lust: her story is touching and she's evil which is kewl ^^
10. alphons heidrick:I like him he reminds me of alphonse but just nawt the same lyke a boring version of alphonse =/
BUT HE REMINDS ME OF ALPHONSE!!!! 'course cuz he does act kinda lyke him!!! <3 and he looks the same cept buff tch which alphonse will not grow up to be like because I saw in one of the ova things a pic of alphonse when he grows up, and he's tall, but not buff like heidrick k XD

--------------------

xhearter=my sister <3333
shinigami-sama ish my brother @w@

+Quote Post
Carmencita
post Jun 15 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #199

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,440

^Alphonse Heidrick (sp?) is perpendicular (don't even know if I used the right word) version of Alphonse in our world, correct? There must've been one for Edward as well but Edward Elric replaced him when he went through the gate. And apparently Al H. didn't meet him yet so it made no difference When Ed arrived. At least this is what I believe.

Anyways.... onto my top 10:
1) Edward Elric - I'm a fangirl. ^^
2) Roy Mustang
3) Maes Hughs
4)Shou Tucker (I have a... slightly twisted reason to why he actually made my top 10)
5) Riza Hawkeye - Guns. <3
6) Jean Havoc
7) Lust
8) Envy (PALM TREE--sorry couldn't help myself)
9) Nina of course.. or maybe Elicia deserves this spot?
10) Winry Rockbell - She is only 10 cause I partially hate her. She stole mah man! D<

+Quote Post
xMinty
post Jun 17 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #200

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,457

@Carmencita
(spoiler of the movie)
no there really is a difference between the parallel versions of people. for example, hughes and his parallel self acted NOTHING alike other than the fact that they both liked gracia.
^highlight to read

I don't know how to do that black thing.
Reason for edit: To add spoiler tags (that black thing) use [spoiler] [/spoiler]

--------------------

xhearter=my sister <3333
shinigami-sama ish my brother @w@

+Quote Post
Nuclear Alchemis...
post Jun 19 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #201

Citizen

Member No.: 74,552

1) Ed
2) Winry
3) Hohenheim
4) Führer King Bradley
5) Hawkeye
6) Sheska
7) Roy
8;9;10) the Void or a singularity

--------------------
I believe in Python
On Facebook, I am Alexandru Calin
I participate at SETI@home using BOINC
I use NASM

+Quote Post
Cloud5614
post Jun 19 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #202

Citizen

Member No.: 74,060

1) Riza
2) Roy
3) Al
4) Edward
5) Winry
6) Havoc
7) Hayate (Is he a character??? tongue.gif )
8) Lin Yao
9) Lan Fan
10).....cant think of anyone else...

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Jun 20 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #203

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

1. Riza
2. Roy
3. Olivier
4. Lan Fan
5. Alphonse
6. Ling
7. Edward
8. May
9. Pride
10. Izumi

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
dec4rhapsody
post Jun 20 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #204

Citizen

Member No.: 74,149

I've done the character sort and here is the result:

1 Roy
2 Hawkeye
3 Olivier
4 Ed
5 Al
6 Winry
7 Izumi
8 Hohenheim
9 Scar
10 Buccaneer

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 20 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #205

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

1. Roy
2. Riza
3. Ed
3. Al
4. Hohenheim
5. Kimblee
6. Alex
7. Scar
8. Greeling
9. Envy
10. Olivia

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
4de
post Jun 23 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #206

Citizen

Member No.: 73,512

my top 10:
1)roy
2)riza
3)ed/al
4)hughes
5)izumi/olivier
6)lan fan
7)greedling
8) scar
9)winry
10)may

--------------------

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jun 23 2010, 11:27 AM
Post #207

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

1) Roy (*swoon* You are SO lucky, Riza), Ling Yao (*swoon again* I wish to be in your place, LanFan) (I can NOT decide between these two insanely gorgeous boys!)
2) Olivier Armstrong (I ADORE strong characters, especially strong females)
3) LanFan
4) Mei Chang & Xiao-Mei (You can't NOT put those two together!)
5) Hohenheim (He was hot when he was young--that gives him an extra plus)
6) Alphonse (I've grown to like him more, hehe, especially his funny moments with Mei)
7) Maes Hughes (WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE? T.T) + family (adorable <3)
8) Riza
9) Winry
10) I can't believe my favorite Homunculus is my last out of my top ten -- Pride (the manga!) He is effing badass, especially when he reveals himself and other creepy parts--I got chills. I just love him as a character.

You know, it's REALLY hard not to like any character in FMA. They're all so lovable! Even the bad guys are. (I would hate Envy SO MUCH if not for that one scene where he kills himself. I almost felt bad for him. But still, HE KILLED HUGES!). So my list of favorite characters would be really, really LONG.

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
hoprabbit
post Jun 23 2010, 02:00 PM
Post #208

Citizen

Member No.: 74,584

1)Riza Hawkeye
2)Roy Mustang
3)Ling Yao
4)Maes Hughes
5)Jean Havoc
6)Black Hayate(He counts.)
7)Denny Brosh/Maria Ross
8)Greed
9)Nina Tucker/Alexander(BOWROOOOOO)...and Elicia Hughes. (I'm two........No I'm three!)
10)Claus (From ep. 4 of the 1st anime, though I really only like her with Ed. XD)

.....That was so difficult to decide, and I still had a tie and a triple. ;-;
I like oneshot and unimportant characters. XD
It feels nice to be able to leave three main characters off my favorites. XD

--------------------
My name is Hop. See my Fullmetal Alchemist Fanfiction? And I have a problem.

+Quote Post
rosieechan
post Jun 25 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #209

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,287

QUOTE ("hoprabbit")
...and Elicia Hughes. (I'm two........No I'm three!)

That is one of my favorite lines! So, SO cute! That was the moment where I can see why Hughes was so obsessed with his daughter, just like Winry did! *.*

I don't really remember who Claus is...(*is thinking of Santa Claus* XD) I'm going to go back and check from the first anime...

--------------------

Pink n Black icons @ LJ

EdWin :: AlMei :: LingFan :: Royai

+Quote Post
xHearter
post Jun 28 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #210

Citizen

Member No.: 74,417

all these are referring to the original anime series, not brotherhood, and not the manga.

1.)Ed. DUH!
2.)Roy
3.)Alphonse
4.)Wrath
5.)Winry
6.)Riza
7.)Envy. he's kinda creepy. but I like him.
8.)Havoc
9.)Mei Chang (this is the only one from the manga)
10.) Rose

--------------------

FMA
If you have attempted alchemy by clapping your
hands, snapping, or drawing an array, copy and
paste this into your signature

xMinty = My sister!! <3<3<3 (sadly. jkjkjkjk! xDD)
she made my AH-mazing avi! ^^

Shinigami-Sama ish my bro!<333 (happily. jkjkjk! xDD)
OMG X-MAS COLORS!!

BYES! ^^

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 03:55 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css