HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga-anime Differences? How Well Are FMA Anime And FMA Manga Correlated?, SPOILERS inside!
Rating 5 V
Reika
post Oct 23 2005, 01:57 PM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,740

haha, not only that, they drive it in the other side of the street too (in the manga), in the anime nope, see episode 37 where you can see Riza and Roy in the car ^^

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Oct 23 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #92

Guests

QUOTE(Reika @ Oct 23 2005, 04:57 AM) [snapback]303431[/snapback]

Another little difference:

-Manga's cars are like in england, they are driven on the other side and by the other side.

Actually Japan's cars and driving is following the Commonwealth (England) system.

+Quote Post
Reika
post Oct 24 2005, 08:56 AM
Post #93

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 11,740

I know, but it's different from the anime

--------------------
IPB Image

~My Forum Family~
My little sis-SsleepyAlly
My other little sis XD-Satsuka
My OTHER little sis XD-Seventh Sky
My big sis -Valérie
My Cousin- Azura Elric

+Quote Post
DarkHaze
post Sep 2 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #94

Alchemists

Member No.: 40,424

i havent seen all the mangas yet... but this helped i guess

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Dec 21 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #95

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

oh another difference:
Lust death/Gluttony's reaction
-In the manga Gluttony mournw and actually CRIES when he hears of her death, followed by attacking her killer, Roy. While in the anime Gluttony is in denial of her death right to the end, ironically though, he attacks her killer aswell. In both he takes his true form to do the deed however his true form differs in the anime/manga significantly.
-On that note: Envy's true form is significantly different in the anime/manga. In the manga its a enormous creepy basilisk while in the anime its... a blond guy Oo

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
Funderful
post Dec 22 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #96

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,785

If it has not been mentioned before,
[spoiler] Homunculii are created in the anime by an incomplete human transmutation fed shards of the Philospher's tone, and are created in the manga by injecting a still-living human with the red liquid, and another personality takes over, while the original soul struggles and dies (except for in the case of Ling, where as he manages to survive within his body).[/spoiler]

If it has, how unfortunate.
My apologies, for I'm a lazy bastard.

+Quote Post
The random alche...
post Dec 22 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #97

Alchemists

Member No.: 42,778

QUOTE(Funderful @ Dec 22 2006, 03:13 PM) [snapback]487422[/snapback]
If it has not been mentioned before,
[spoiler] Homunculii are created in the anime by an incomplete human transmutation, and are created in the manga by injecting a still-living human with the red liquid, and another personality takes over, while the original soul struggles and dies (except for in the case of Ling, where as he manages to survive within his body).[/spoiler]

If it has, how unfortunate.
My apologies, for I'm a lazy bastard.

actually people did explain this earlier but not as well as you did since their responces were old and some actually wrong.

PS to this:
Greed 1, Gluttony, Lust, Envy, Sloth were created by 'Father' probably with his own body since in ch57 Gluttony is seen sprouting from his chest (which suggest that how he created the others aswell)

--------------------
Where there is random you shall find me : D

+Quote Post
Cardboard Box Ju...
post Dec 23 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #98

Citizen

Member No.: 43,403

I think the confusion over the red water/PS being the same thing is because he thought (whoever thought they were) Marcoh's stone was red water as well because you see it as liquid in the bottle before it gets poured out onto the floor and becomes solid. But that's just how the stone is, it hasn't anything to do with red water in the Manga.

Another difference from the Manga to Anime, in the first Chapter, Rose hides in Al's armour in the Manga and overhears Cornello's plot, but in the anime Rose is already in the room when Ed and Al rush in.

+Quote Post
kaken
post Dec 31 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #99

Citizen

Member No.: 43,510

Could someone explain when the manga and anime 'splits'? As far as i know, it happens after they go seek their teacher. But what happends in the Manga after this? Is their father in the parallel 'real world' as well in the manga?

+Quote Post
Edamame
post Dec 31 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #100

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 38,530

Kaken, the manga and the anime pretty much split after volume six of the manga series where Edward and Alphonse visit Izumi. After volume six of the manga, the plot diverges from the plot of the anime series. Kaken, I could not even begin to explain what happens and what is currently taking place in the manga in a short-length post. (Much of what I would say, has already been answered in this thread.) However, you can read the manga series up to chapter sixty-three at the Fruit Tree Alchemist. I apologize for not being of much help. This thread contains a great deal of spoilers (well duh), so just make sure that you don't ruin everything for yourself.

Ps- Manga Hohenheim is different from Anime Hohenheim in my opinion. Manga Hohenheim seems more much more other-worldy than this anime counter-part and it appears as though his reason for leaving his family differs from the anime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jelly_Ace
post Jan 10 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #101

Citizen

Member No.: 43,476

SPOILERS GALORE! I'm having a Hagaren anime marathon today, and these are some of the differences I've noticed. I read the manga first before watching the anime, so I was pretty biased against the anime.

In the anime, the Homunculi said that they wanted to be human (which is a very stupid reason why'd they want the philosopher's stone). In the manga, they consider humans lowest of the low.

FANGIRL ALERT. And Mustang DID NOT kill Winry's parents in the manga. Dang it, they made him look bad. And he didn't use the stone in Ishval. Dang it, they made him look weak. And he's not that young-looking. Dang, they made him look like he's in his early 20s.

And Lieutenant Hawkeye is not that fat in the manga. Hahahahaha. Seriously.

And lots lots more!

+Quote Post
Mrs. Brightside
post Jan 11 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #102

Citizen

Member No.: 43,783

QUOTE(The random alchemist @ Dec 22 2006, 12:36 AM) [snapback]487086[/snapback]
Envy's true form is significantly different in the anime/manga. In the manga its a enormous creepy basilisk while in the anime its... a blond guy Oo

Actually, in the anime Envy's true form is still the same basilisk-thing xD I think they showed it while he/she was being dragged to the door. In any case, in the movie you get to see Envy in his true form (The basilisk) quite a lot...

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jan 11 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #103

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(kaken @ Dec 31 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]489863[/snapback]
Could someone explain when the manga and anime 'splits'? As far as i know, it happens after they go seek their teacher. But what happends in the Manga after this? Is their father in the parallel 'real world' as well in the manga?

@kaken - It's nearly impossible to list what happened after that in up to 67 chapters of manga in one post!!
I wish you can get the idea that FMA animne and FMA manga are no longer the same story!! biggrin.gif

Their is no "parallel world" story in manga. The gate is NOT [spoiler]the connection between Hagaren world and our world[/spoiler], like in FMA anime. Ed does NOT [spoiler]show up in our world[/spoiler] like anime.
No "Ed's father in the parallel world" thing happens in manga.
In fact, "father" means someone-else in manga. tongue.gif
Forget about Dante [spoiler]being the ring leader[/spoiler] in anime. None of that happens in manga.
Parallel world thing, that's FMA anime invention. NO "parallel world" story-line in manga. Period.

As I keep telling you, basically, all the crazy things that happen in season 2 of anime, they don't happen in manga, and in manga they have a complete different story-line where homunclus are created differently, they have two different kind of Alchemy (Renkinjitsu, like Ed's Alchemy, and Rentanjitsu which we are finally learning more about in the latest chapter,) they have many important characters that are not in anime, and so on and on. biggrin.gif

Seriously, the easiest way to understand the anime-manga difference is to read FMA manga!!
You can read scanlated version, up to chapter 59, through our board's manga viewer, and after that if you like it then we can guide you to the sites where you can find the rest of chapters!!
Hope you'll give it a try!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Jan 12 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #104

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

Actually, in the anime Envy's true form is still the same basilisk-thing xD I think they showed it while he/she was being dragged to the door. In any case, in the movie you get to see Envy in his true form (The basilisk) quite a lot...

Manga Envy and Anime Envy are not the same at all

[spoiler]The serpent/dragon is not Envy's true form in the anime it is Hodenheim's son. Envy changes his form into the serpent but since he is beyond the gate he can't change back. But that form is not his true form.

Also in the manga Envy's true form is not a serpent either. It is a monster with 4 legs and a long tail made up of the souls of the philosopher stone. So basically the anime and manga have nothing in common here.[/spoiler]

+Quote Post
LyNzA
post Jan 17 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #105

Citizen

Member No.: 41,360

Have a question. i have never really read the FMA manga but i've seen the anime and movie. since the anime stays mostly true to the manga's first 6 volumes, should i read them anyways or go ahead and read volume 7 and up?

and is the manga still coming out in japan or is it just being subbed? sorry if im sounding stupid

--------------------
If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css