HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga-anime Differences? How Well Are FMA Anime And FMA Manga Correlated?, SPOILERS inside!
Rating 5 V
Little Fixster
post May 15 2008, 03:55 PM
Post #151

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,487

This isn't a plot correlation or anything, but I find it funny when Arakawa draws things in the manga that have been done in the anime. For instance, I really did laugh out loud when I saw the Leto statue in Lior and Hoenheim mentioned something about bad taste.

I'm soooo glad she didn't make Rose like anime rose. Bleh.

And Ed has been stabbed by a pole, if no one's mentioned that yet.

Sorry if people have already mentioned these.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dmbrandon
post Aug 15 2008, 06:09 PM
Post #152

Citizen

Member No.: 28,128

~When Did The Manga Start Again?, And why am I such an Idiot? ~

Seriously, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. What manga chapter did it start on? (After the last episode of course.) Thanks sooooo much!!

+Quote Post
Ropespinner
post Aug 16 2008, 12:37 AM
Post #153

Apprentice

Member No.: 46,466

QUOTE (dmbrandon @ Aug 15 2008, 09:09 PM) *
Seriously, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. What manga chapter did it start on? (After the last episode of course.) Thanks sooooo much!!

@dmbrandon - The question could have probably been posted to the question thread instead (threads based on one question like this tend to not last long) but... I think the manga startted in 2001, the stories of the anime and the manga separated somewhere around anime episode 25/manga volume 5 (there were differences before that, but it's where the two stories took a completely different path from each other), and have been two different stories since. The manga does not continue from where the anime ended, since the plot is different. The manga has been ongoing since 2001, when it first began. It never stopped, so it never started again.

If that's what you were trying to find out.

--------------------
I'm Sallykie on LJ and most other forums, Seita on ZOMGFTA Forums.

+Quote Post
Cece
post Nov 6 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #154

Apprentice

Member No.: 48,077

Did anyone notice that Al's anime- human body does not match with his manga- human body? In the anime he has grey eyes and is sort of a brunette. In the manga he has golden eyes and hair like Ed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakOnTheAttack
post Feb 12 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #155

Citizen

Member No.: 66,403

QUOTE (The curious alchemist @ Jan 26 2008, 07:48 PM) *
-Their true forms are also different. Lust never showed hers in either series. Nor did most. But all the same ones (Envy, Greed, Gluttony) showed them in both series. While Greed's was the same, Envy true from is a strange fetus thing apparently in the manga whiles Hoho's son in the anime. Gluttony's true form is also different, being an enormous white creature in the anime whiles being the a false gate of truth in the manga.

and that's about all I can think of, if anyone seen anything else that's notable tell me and I'll keep editing the post until its the more comprehensive on this thread of the differences between them.

I thought Envy's true form was that big monster he was in Gluttony's stomach with all his souls, and he is only the fetus thing because that's something that all of the homunculi have the ability to be if they don't have their stone in them. That's why he tricked mei lin to take him back to father so he could get a new stone to put in him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LandoCalrissian
post Feb 16 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #156

Citizen

Member No.: 66,597

It is so interesting to read the differences between the manga and the anime.

I just finished watching the anime including the movie and want to start getting into the manga more.

If I did not want to start at the beginning, which volume of manga should I start with? I here that when the Elrics leave Central with Winry, that is when the changes begin.

Because I have to say: The series was completely awesome until after Hughes died. From there the series went in a different direction (still good) but the last 10 episodes with Dante and the parallel words was rushed in my opinion).

--------------------
"Hello, what have we here?"

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Feb 17 2009, 05:37 AM
Post #157

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Lando, I suggest you start at the beginning of the manga because, even though they have similarities at first, there are small differences and details in the first chapters of the manga that make a great deal of difference later on.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
LandoCalrissian
post Feb 17 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #158

Citizen

Member No.: 66,597

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Feb 17 2009, 07:37 AM) *
Lando, I suggest you start at the beginning of the manga because, even though they have similarities at first, there are small differences and details in the first chapters of the manga that make a great deal of difference later on.

Turdaewen, thank you for the info.

I will start at the beginning and take it from there.

I wonder if this new FMA series is going to take a point in the original anime and just start going in the direction of the manga.

I know that there is another discussion on that so I will keep on eye out there.

Thanks and have a great day!

--------------------
"Hello, what have we here?"

+Quote Post
Andie
post Feb 20 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #159

Citizen

Member No.: 49,343

QUOTE (Renton @ Jun 5 2007, 09:49 AM) *
I hope this doesn't seem like a dumb question. In the anime, there is a scene that shows "B.C." on a letter. My question is, does the manga ever make any direct references to real-life religions? Is this something only the anime did?

Thanks for any replies!

To answer your question, I think Arakawa herself said in an interview (I think? Can anyone back this up?) that there are no religions (except for Ishbal) or god in the FMA world. She also said that there are no religious based holiday. So, no Christmas or no Easter for the Hagaren characters!

Other than that, the first 25 episodes or so of the anime were based on the events up until book 6 or 7 in the manga. So, other than the differences already noted by many posters here, half the anime is well correlated with the beginning of the manga. Which means... they are not that similar after all...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dickens
post Mar 4 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #160

Apprentice

Member No.: 66,806

I'm looking to get into the manga, and although, having looked through and seeing that everyone by and large seems against the anime, I really enjoyed it, so am a little worried that by reading the manga I'm really going to confuse myself...

I think I've done it the wrong way round and should have read the mangas first, but I was bored and started watching online and pretty soon was hooked.

The only other series I've read and watched is deathnote, and i much prefer the mangas.

Grrr. Annoyance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Automne
post Mar 4 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #161

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

There's no shame to having discovered the anime first. And I don't think "everyone" prefers by far the manga and is so against the anime (I, for one, found the manga to be a true letdown and lacking the overall intensity the anime held - and when it comes to some characters and their development lately, it has been a true disaster). It's just that most hardcore manga fans are much more...vocal about which verse they prefer, and I don't think you would have enjoyed the anime as much if you had started reading the manga first. The good thing to do is to appreciate both verses for their differences, and not compare them instantly...since there's not much to compare to begin with.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Dickens
post Mar 4 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #162

Apprentice

Cheers smile.gif

It's nice to hear a pro-anime opinion lol.
I also really can't afford mangas, as much as I'd love to read them

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 5 2009, 07:33 AM
Post #163

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Dickens - Actually, if I'm correct, I think the overall fan base of our board is largely skewed towards FMA anime. But, many of them were very active while we had the first run airing of FMA-1 anime series in the U.S., and now majority of these members are mostly inactive on our board, while FMA manga is still going (it's nearing the end, although we do not know how and exactly when it will end ^^) and we currently follow each new FMA manga chapter as it comes out in Japan, so you may see more active discussions on FMA manga on our board currently, than on FMA anime.

Myself, I am a fan of both FMA anime and FMA manga, and when I was following FMA-1 anime, I was just as excited to watch every new episode as I am excited to read every new chapter of FMA manga currently, and I don't see anything wrong on being introduced to FMA by watching FMA anime first.

In fact, we have many members who were introduced to FMA by watching FMA anime first, and then being interested in manga later, and this thread is mainly geared toward members like you and all these members.

To those, my personal advise is to go ahead and finish watching the FMA anime series (and enjoy!! ^^) but also I highly recommend to check out FMA manga, because, as explained on this thread, FMA manga and anime start out with similar story lines, but later becoming two completely different stories, and I personally find FMA manga story-line to be highly interesting, and I also love all these FMA characters who are seen only in FMA manga, and I hope many other FMA anime fans find FMA manga as interesting and enjoyable as I do.
Or, at least try it, and see how you like it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dickens
post Mar 5 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #164

Apprentice

Thanks for the advice smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Mar 17 2009, 08:12 AM
Post #165

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Ropespinner @ Aug 16 2008, 03:37 AM) *
QUOTE (dmbrandon @ Aug 15 2008, 09:09 PM) *

@dmbrandon - The question could have probably been posted to the question thread instead (threads based on one question like this tend to not last long) but... I think the manga startted in 2001, the stories of the anime and the manga separated somewhere around anime episode 25/manga volume 5 (there were differences before that, but it's where the two stories took a completely different path from each other), and have been two different stories since. The manga does not continue from where the anime ended, since the plot is different. The manga has been ongoing since 2001, when it first began. It never stopped, so it never started again.

If that's what you were trying to find out.

Thank you, Ropespinner for answering the question!! ^^

@dmbrandon - FMA manga didn't start after the completion of FMA anime (first series) Rather, FMA manga was there at first, then FMA anime (first series) came later, then had 51 episode + movie and it's own story run it's couse and concluded, while FMA manga has been going on with its OWN STORYLINE all along.

You can read more on this on How Well Are Fma Anime And Fma Manga Correlated? thread. smile.gif

For other FMA anime fans who are wondering how FMA anime storyline connects to FMA manga storyline, please read the stickied How Well Are Fma Anime And Fma Manga Correlated? thread, and for other FMA manga questions, please use stickied FMA manga Questions thread. smile.gif

ETA: June 19, 2009 merged thread

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 08:52 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css