HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga-anime Differences? How Well Are FMA Anime And FMA Manga Correlated?, SPOILERS inside!
Rating 5 V
Guest_GAT_*
post Apr 2 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #16

Guests

CSakuraS
We don't know that Hohenheim is the Father yet. We just know that he looks like him. And in my opinion it seems almost TOO obvious for it to be true...
Well who knows. Anyways, that Father is the villainous figure.
It SHOULD have ties to the main plot, because of what happened with the military and the Philosopher's Stone there, not to mention Scar's origins.
I hope so. I just hope Scar's line just doesn't get cut somewhere in the process.
Now he's BACK and has apparently killed Winry's parents
That's also bothering me. Having Mustang kill Winry's parents [anime] did present some moral issue. Having Scar kill them doesn't, since Scar is so fanatically evil in the manga [as of yet] blink.gif I also hope Kimblee will resurface, he did rock in the anime.
I thought it was a bit weird that in the anime, the homunculii wanted to become what they detest
Not all of them, actually. Envy didn't. He really hated humans and everything, and he was the most powerful of them. But even Envy doesn't seem unapologetically evil in the anime, if you know what I mean. You can feel compassion for Lust, Gluttony, Wrath, Greed, Envy in the anime. Homunculi are much more complex in the anime due to their backstories mainly. And that they wanted to become humans despite having this freakish powers... I guess it's just that a Human Soul is worth much more than "Ultimate Whatever" smile.gif and that's what I like about the anime.
It seemed like an excuse to end the show with a bang
Yeah, Roy-Fuhrer seemed rushed and unreasonable from Roy's POW. But then, don't we all do unreasonable things? So Hughes death ended up being more important for Roy than his "dream". It's something I may not agree with, but it's definetely something to think on.
In the anime, he knowingly followed Juliet Douglas into a trap.
Ah, Douglas.. after all, he did not yet know what was _really_ going on in the military, didn't he, and that's what he asked of Douglas.

But yeah, I guess the problem with the manga is that it's plot is too undeveloped as of yet, so there's not much to compare, that's just unfair compairing a half-complete story to a story which is only in the beginning.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ScarredSweethear...
post Apr 2 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,669

Hmmm. Well, so far the manga is incomplete, but the story (I think) is a lot more detailed.

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 2 2005, 08:46 PM
Post #18

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

QUOTE(ScarredSweetheart @ Apr 2 2005, 01:39 PM)
Hmmm. Well, so far the manga is incomplete, but the story (I think) is a lot more detailed.
[snapback]145266[/snapback]

i absolutly agree i would also like to note that i love

[spoiler] Hughes death better in the Manga than in the Anime. i think personally it makes Roy look a whole lot better and also gives us some reason to go to Xing (aka Maria Ross) so that will also open up a door for us to see if anything else happnes in Xing, through Maria Ross [/spoiler]

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
ScarredSweethear...
post Apr 2 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #19

Citizen

I read somewhere that the show creators had to change some things from the books (besides the obvious). Like in the manga, King Bradley ( I thought he was also royalty for the longest time until I figured out that that was his name, not title) is simply called president, not Fuhrer. So it stands to reason that they either knew they were going to have a movie for a sequel, or wanted to give the show more basis in fact.

+Quote Post
Umeko
post Apr 2 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #20

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,625

QUOTE(ScarredSweetheart @ Apr 2 2005, 11:13 PM)
Like in the manga, King Bradley ( I thought he was also royalty for the longest time until I figured out that that was his name, not title) is simply called president, not Fuhrer.
[snapback]145806[/snapback]

No, he's "daisoutou" in both the anime and the manga. It's just that some people translate it differently. :D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 2 2005, 09:23 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 2 2005, 10:20 PM)
Like in the manga, King Bradley ( I thought he was also royalty for the longest time until I figured out that that was his name, not title) is simply called president, not Fuhrer.

No, he's "daisoutou" in both the anime and the manga. It's just that some people translate it differently. biggrin.gif
[snapback]145821[/snapback]

so then which one is more correct?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Umeko
post Apr 2 2005, 09:48 PM
Post #22

Apprentice

QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 2 2005, 11:23 PM)

No, he's "daisoutou" in both the anime and the manga. It's just that some people translate it differently. :D

[snapback]145828[/snapback]

I don't think either is "more correct" than the other; however, the word used to refer to the President of the United States is "daitouryou," so if we were to consider that then "Fuhrer" would probably be the better choice. (It seems to be the more widely-accepted term in the fandom, anyway.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 2 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Umeko @ Apr 2 2005, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 2 2005, 11:23 PM)

No, he's "daisoutou" in both the anime and the manga. It's just that some people translate it differently. biggrin.gif

[snapback]145828[/snapback]

I don't think either is "more correct" than the other; however, the word used to refer to the President of the United States is "daitouryou," so if we were to consider that then "Fuhrer" would probably be the better choice. (It seems to be the more widely-accepted term in the fandom, anyway.)
[snapback]145850[/snapback]

also just like to point out that it's not exactly a Democracy, so president wouldn't be the correct trem in the first place since you become ruler by gaining that Military Rank happy.gif;;

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Umeko
post Apr 2 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #24

Apprentice

Right, that too. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
CSakuraS
post Apr 2 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,793

And besides the English dub for the anime uses the term "Fuhrer" as well. :/

--------------------

ZOMG FRUIT TREE ALCHEMISTS!

Check out my Seven Deadly Sins Chart to dispel manga vs. anime confusion!

+Quote Post
Umeko
post Apr 3 2005, 08:45 AM
Post #26

Apprentice

QUOTE(CSakuraS @ Apr 3 2005, 01:49 AM)
And besides the English dub for the anime uses the term "Fuhrer" as well.  :/
[snapback]145959[/snapback]

Yeah, and FUNi collaborates with the Japanese creators on what terms and names they should use or something like that, right? :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
ScarredSweethear...
post Apr 3 2005, 11:44 AM
Post #27

Citizen

Huh, so if its just a translation note, it has absolutly nothing to do with the *semi-spoiler* location of the movie?

+Quote Post
Umeko
post Apr 3 2005, 12:59 PM
Post #28

Apprentice

QUOTE(ScarredSweetheart @ Apr 3 2005, 01:44 PM)
Huh, so if its just a translation note, it has absolutly nothing to do with the *semi-spoiler* location of the movie?
[snapback]146150[/snapback]

Yeah, most likely.

Though there are a few instances in the anime when we see documents (written in English) that suggest that the anime is set in Britain. Like... here.

I chalk it up to BONES being careless in consistency. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 3 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #29

*tries to think* is there anything in the Manga that is english text? or anything like that?

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Umeko
post Apr 4 2005, 10:16 AM
Post #30

Apprentice

QUOTE(Kyo_Umerio @ Apr 3 2005, 06:44 PM)
*tries to think* is there anything in the Manga that is english text? or anything like that?
[snapback]146357[/snapback]

Maybe in a few places? I'll flip through the books when I get home to see if I can find anything. :O

Though there is that one point when Ed and Ling first met and they're drawing out a (rough) map of the countries in the dirt (with names in English - Amestris, Xing, Drachma, I can't remember the others...).

--------------------

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 05:34 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css