Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ed's Arm In The Movie, Random questions
Syn
post Apr 15 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,458

Not only would that make me happy (because yay for automail!Ed returning!), but it also makes sense of one of Hohenheim's remarks when Ed initially passed through the gate, where he said that once a person's body crosses the gate they can't return again.. Or did I misinterpret that? I believe that was his reason for stating why he couldn't return back to the other side with Ed. He then later describes how Ed's body, mind, and soul *all* crossed to the other side, pretty much making it impossible for him to return even if he can access the gate somehow, no? /:

If that *is* the case, then Ed either needs to have a body waiting for him inside the gate to 'leap' into, or would have to find some other external method like an AU equivalent of using the philosopher's stone (though I'm not even sure if the philosopher's stone could pull someone whose body crossed over back, since Ed hadn't crossed yet when Al revived him, but it seems as possible as anything). But he shouldn't just be able to return with conventional equivalent exchange.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post Apr 15 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Apr 15 2005, 02:35 AM)
3) ... then somehow, he went back to the gate after fighting dragon!envy... and got his old body back! In exchange for his memories, Al had to sacrifice his body and back to his armor self.............

AND THAT WOULD BE WHY WE GET AUTOMAIL!ED and ARMOR!AL IN THE MOVIE! o_O just a random guess that suddenly pops up... ignore me xDDD
[snapback]153151[/snapback]

Then they would be back at where they started... and would make all of FMA pointles... and that would be so sad if Al had to back in the armor body again(poor Al). But I liked your other idea of how Edo would go back to Al but in his "repaired" body with the automail because he can't cross back over with the body that Al made for him. The automail Edo would be stuck with could be like a reminder of their mistakes and past experiences (like the silver pocketwatch). I just hope that they can find each other, even though it would be better if Al could remember everything.

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 16 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #33

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

*ish still sticking to her "armor Al" was never real theory so she will stop taking guesses on themovie plot x.x*

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
digirob89
post May 9 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 9,723

I have a really crazy theory.

What if....

Ed somehow dies in the real world. And his mind and soul were sent to the gate...(I remember something about alchemy power comes from people at the gate)....Then Al finds out that he could transmutate a soul to a peice of armor... So he offers his arm and leg to put Ed's soul into the armor that Alphonse was in before...Winry makes automail for Al...and BAM! They some how switched roles..This time Ed as the Armor, and Al with the automail! HAHA...that would be so twisted...and most likely impossible...but whatever.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post May 9 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #35

Guests

Man, Father must be an automail expert, his armmaking skill is better than anything we got now, just look at the new mag pics.

+Quote Post
Red Shadow
post May 10 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #36

Citizen

Member No.: 9,073

Well, in the manga, Hohenheim was drinking buddies with Pinako and I imagine he probably picked up some stuff from her. Coupled with Ed's knowledge of Winry's years or repairs, I think they managed to cobble together a prosthesis, that despite not being as flexible or responsive as auto-mail, is still moveable. My question is the engine, which as someone said earlier was a way to start up the arm. But why go to the trouble of using fake skin when the engine burns it off?

--------------------
We're not demons and we're definitely not gods. We're just humans, tiny insignificant humans.
-Edward Elric
http://www.fanfiction.net/~henrika

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post May 10 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #37

Guests

I thought of it as a short or he was attacked, the pulley was somekind of back up weapon. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post May 10 2005, 11:26 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

Or perhaps Edo has a lawn mowing job... That or perhaps there is a rocket in there (Bunniya?sp), he is studying rocketry...

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post May 11 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #39

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12,213

QUOTE(digirob89 @ May 9 2005, 10:27 PM)
I have a really crazy theory.

What if....

Ed somehow dies in the real world. And his mind and soul were sent to the gate...(I remember something about alchemy power comes from people at the gate)....Then Al finds out that he could transmutate a soul to a peice of armor... So he offers his arm and leg to put Ed's soul into the armor that Alphonse was in before...Winry makes automail for Al...and BAM! They some how switched roles..This time Ed as the Armor, and Al with the automail! HAHA...that would be so twisted...and most likely impossible...but whatever.
[snapback]169911[/snapback]

Wow... I honestly don't know how much I'd like that. LOL Maybe fora max of 1 Episode... laugh.gif That would actually be good fan fic material! tongue.gif Um, about Ed's arm though... I wondered that as well when I say the movie trailer: What's with Ed's new limbs? I remember hearing some where that Ed's new limbs where created by Hoenhime (can't recall how 2 spell it... I need some coffee *yawn*). I have no clue if that's true or not though ( you know how rumors are), and I'm really not sure how that would be possible in the pre-WW1 era. Hopefully they will dispell our confusion by eventually releasing some info on it offically, If they haven't already. If I find anything, I'll post it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~

+Quote Post
Guest_Raganrok_*
post May 16 2005, 12:10 AM
Post #40

Guests

Here's my theory:

Ed manages to bring back Al, but it is not perfect. Ed loses his limbs yet again, which could in fact be considered lucky (I mean, he thought he was killing himself to bring Al back). Its already been noted in several posts before that Hoenhiem created prostetic limbs for him, that are somewhat functional.

What is more interesting is that is not the only thing that is lost. Both Ed and Al "give up" 4 years of hard work. More importantly in Al's case, where he literally gives it up, as he's in his 10 year old body and has lost his memory and experience of the past 4 years.

So what happened to his memories? My theory is that they went through the gate and end up in an identical suit of armor, like when Ed went into someone else's body. I bet this is how they are able to reunite, as seen in the magazine pictures.

+Quote Post
BellatrixAngelof...
post May 18 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #41

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12,213

QUOTE(Raganrok @ May 16 2005, 03:10 AM)
Here's my theory:

Ed manages to bring back Al, but it is not perfect. Ed loses his limbs yet again, which could in fact be considered lucky (I mean, he thought he was killing himself to bring Al back). Its already been noted in several posts before that Hoenhiem created prostetic limbs for him, that are somewhat functional.

What is more interesting is that is not the only thing that is lost. Both Ed and Al "give up" 4 years of hard work. More importantly in Al's case, where he literally gives it up, as he's in his 10 year old body and has lost his memory and experience of the past 4 years.

So what happened to his memories? My theory is that they went through the gate and end up in an identical suit of armor, like when Ed went into someone else's body. I bet this is how they are able to reunite, as seen in the magazine pictures.
[snapback]173345[/snapback]

Interesting theory! Hopefully we'll find out the answer soon. wink.gif

--------------------

Thank You to Riza Babe & Celestial Fangirl for the siggie! ^_^ ~My Forum Family~

+Quote Post
Koneko_chan
post May 18 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #42

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,579

[quote=xrninja,Mar 28 2005, 02:52 AM]
when he crosses over to our world, his automail arm becomes a prothestic arm because, well, we don't have automail in our world. in the last shot of the series, when he's stretching his arm towards the sun, his clothes disappears and they show the automail arm, right? i'm 99% sure that's just for effect and the symbolism (which would be not nearly as powerful with the prosthetic arm).

Actually, I'm pretty sure that is the prosthetic arm in the last ep. I saw a pic and apparantly you can take the skin cover off.

--------------------
Friends don't let friends go to hell.

+Quote Post
silver bg
post May 18 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #43

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,347

i don't know whats with his arm

--------------------
IPB Image
I am the blue engery ball and the engery gathering around it >_<

+Quote Post
Guest_Geoff_*
post Nov 2 2005, 06:50 AM
Post #44

Guests

[size=7]if you havent seen the movie what happens is that ed has crossed over to the other side of the gate and there auto mail doesnt exist, they have put more effort into making machines and weapons instead of alchemey. it is prosetics made by his father once he crosses back across the gate winry is there with her new and improved auto mail for ed to wear.

+Quote Post
The Great Aspara...
post Dec 4 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #45

Alchemists

Member No.: 23,454

but if ed lost his automail when going to "our world" and got the prosthblahblah arm, how come his automail didn't come back when he returned to his world?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 09:06 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css