HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
How Would You Categorize the Elrics' Race?
if asked about Elrics' ethnicity before the transformation, how will you choose???
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 201
Guests cannot vote 
Katya Martin
post Jan 29 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #106

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,181

I think Ed and Al are half-Caucasian (Trisha looks pretty Caucasian to me, anyway) and half-undefined (Hohenheim's from Xerxes, which has no clear parallel to any real-life race.)

--------------------

awesomeness by Arakawa, Project FMA banner by Aribelle, avatar by me
I draw things.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KwiatekAlchemist
post Jan 30 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #107

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 70,538

I've always seen them as German. xD

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jan 30 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #108

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Half Amestrian, half Xerxian. (Is that even a word? xD)

To me, Amestris has always been more of a mix of both England and Germany. (I'm sure I read somewhere it was based on England; I think it was in one of the Gaidens?) But I think Amestris is just a mixture of western societies in general.

--------------------

+Quote Post
xMinty
post Jun 13 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #109

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,457

I would say no exsisting race because they dont even live on our side of the gate

--------------------

xhearter=my sister <3333
shinigami-sama ish my brother @w@

+Quote Post
Thalogens
post Jun 13 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #110

Alchemists

Member No.: 70,644

Well, I've always seen Amestris as a big mash up of the northern european countries. And Xing, of course, has always been associated with the far east to me.

I used to think Ishval was the mid-east... but now I think they're more of an Indian/Persian mix, personally. Because I actually think that Xerxes is the mid-east equivalent. Yeah yeah they all have blonde hair, but I'm a fair haired/pale skinned/blue eyed arab and we're hardly a rarity. Also, looking at volume 19, you can draw so many comparison with Xerxes' architecture and the typical mid-east one. Not to mention the desert setting and the clothes. (Right, right, also similar to the Ishvalans' but thats besides the point)

Hmm ok, well, if we say that the period in time when Hoho was a slave is the parallel to when Alchemy evolved in the mid-east in our world, it makes sense, right? The actual word 'Alchemy' does comes from the arabic word 'al-kimia' (which in turn derives from the greek word chimia or something, but hey, all words are somehow connected to ancient grecian). This is a big difference to Ishval, where they actively shun Alchemy, whereas innovations in Alchemy was mostly centred around the Mid East in medieval times. Plus, if we think of it geogrpahically, and if we think the entire world (ours) has been condensed on to one continent in their parallel, then the big stretch of desert between the west and the east has to be something, no?

If we're solely discussing this based on skin colour etc, even then I don't think the Ishvalans are mid-eastern. Arabs are generally seen to have olive skin or something.

+Quote Post
AXavierB
post Jun 13 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #111

Apprentice

Member No.: 74,365

I think Xerxes parallels either ancient Greece or the Middle East. Perhaps Persia. Leaning a bit toward Greece because of the skin color.

But if we're talking about the first anime, they're Caucasian because their counterparts are from London and Germany.

--------------------
"There is no such thing as wrath inside me."

+Quote Post
Flamez_Freak
post Jun 14 2010, 12:44 AM
Post #112

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 66,548

like someone said earlier...ive seen the elrics as german....and thats mainly because of shamballa .....

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 02:46 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css