HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Where's The Moral Outrage?!, Goddamn, this country pisses me off...
Slashrose1010
post Mar 23 2005, 04:44 PM
Post #16

Master Alchemist

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,609

QUOTE(What @ no morals?,Mar 23 2005, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Mar 23 2005, 03:02 AM)
*shakes head*

It's stupid... really, it all is... dry.gif

But all I can say is, euthanasia and abortion are moral wrongs and no huffing or puffing from the government is gonna change that fact. Both are murder. Case closed...

[bangs head repeatedly against wall]

You really need to understand that your version of morality isn't the end-all and be-all. Both are very grey issues. Not at all black & white.

I agree with Bling on the abortion part dry.gif but I do believe euthanasia is OK in certain cases. I haven't been paying attention enough to this whole case but I do beleive keeping people unneccesserilly alive is wrong. If there are no signs of a conscious mind and are in a vegetative state than it is OK to let them go. Keeping someone artificially alive isn't OK in my opinion. It costs money, wastes resources, and is unnecessary. If I were in that state I would not want to bourden my loved ones with my body without my mind.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Mar 24 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #17

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 23 2005, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE(What @ no morals?,Mar 23 2005, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Mar 23 2005, 03:02 AM)
*shakes head*

It's stupid... really, it all is... dry.gif

But all I can say is, euthanasia and abortion are moral wrongs and no huffing or puffing from the government is gonna change that fact. Both are murder. Case closed...

[bangs head repeatedly against wall]

You really need to understand that your version of morality isn't the end-all and be-all. Both are very grey issues. Not at all black & white.

I agree with Bling on the abortion part dry.gif but I do believe euthanasia is OK in certain cases. I haven't been paying attention enough to this whole case but I do beleive keeping people unneccesserilly alive is wrong. If there are no signs of a conscious mind and are in a vegetative state than it is OK to let them go. Keeping someone artificially alive isn't OK in my opinion. It costs money, wastes resources, and is unnecessary. If I were in that state I would not want to bourden my loved ones with my body without my mind.
[snapback]138099[/snapback]

Excuse me while I open up a can of worms.

I used to feel the same way about abortion that you and Bling feel until I started reading several accounts of child abuse that made my blood run cold. I used to be a christian and bought into the whole 'abortion in murder' crap until I started reading about babies being thrown in outhouses and dumpsters alive, basically having post natal abortions performed on them after they became sentient beings. Children being horribly abused by their drugged out parents having things done to them such as being pimped out for drug money. Then there was the account I read recently about a woman who grabbed her toddler by the ankles and slamed her repeatedly into the groud while screaming "You runined my life, you ruined my life!"

Now, I defy anyone to read things like this and tell me abortion should be illegal with a straight face.

Now on with euthanasia. This is a very personal issue with me.

My grandfather was one a very social, vibrant man with many interests and who ran a successful business. As it tends to do, age caught up with him and wasn't kind. He developed cancer and had to go through radiation treatments which killed his taste buds so he cannot taste food anymore. On top of that he is blind and mostly deaf which robs him of the pleasure of watching ball games on TV like he used to love to do. He is diabetic and that is wreaking havoc on his circulation, he has had a few toes removed on his foot and is constantly in pain. He can barely walk. On top of that he is on a truckload of medication which is playing hell with his digestive system.

This once robust, vibrant man has told me if euthanasia was an option he would gladly go for it and when I had to have my old dog put to sleep he asked if I could get a two-fer.

As far as I'm concerned, American society only lets people like this go in suffering is because the doctors make so much money off of them.

+Quote Post
Blade Alchemist
post Mar 24 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #18

Alchemists

Member No.: 8,558

The first part is just sick. I'm a guy and I was about to cry about that first stuff. And sorry to hear about your grandfather.

--------------------
IPB Image
Free Cookies!!
Se onr sverdar sitja hvass!

+Quote Post
Xithion
post Mar 25 2005, 12:43 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 8,230

I cant get started on this topic of discussion......I hate the news. They make everything a circus. The only thing I hate more than the news is Bush! And the hate I have for that man is soo deep that I cant find the words to express it.

--------------------
user posted image
~Lover of Shardy
-Queendom Status: Paladin Knight

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Mar 25 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #20

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Reminds me of the abortion debate that Bacon and I once had with Bling in this other thread. laugh.gif Though I cannot remember which it was.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Mar 25 2005, 11:59 AM
Post #21

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 25 2005, 07:52 AM)
Reminds me of the abortion debate that Bacon and I once had with Bling in this other thread.  laugh.gif  Though I cannot remember which it was.
[snapback]138887[/snapback]

That would be the 'where do you stand politically?' topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Quistis88
post Mar 25 2005, 05:10 PM
Post #22

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

Thank you, Bacon. biggrin.gif Good memory. Or did you go look for it? laugh.gif

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Mar 25 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

interesting topic... but there really is nothing that can be done. basically i blame any state that does not touch an ocean for this... and that gulf of mexico shit don't count. think about it, almost all the traditionally conservative states are in this category. there are just too many ignant (yes ignant... they don't deserve the o-r) fools that believe in the tripe that is being told to them.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Mar 25 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #24

Gallery Mod Emeritus

QUOTE(Blade Alchemist @ Mar 24 2005, 10:46 PM)
And sorry to hear about your grandfather.
[snapback]138864[/snapback]

Thank you Blade. smile.gif

QUOTE(Quistis88 @ Mar 24 2005, 11:52 PM)
Reminds me of the abortion debate that Bacon and I once had with Bling in this other thread.  laugh.gif  Though I cannot remember which it was.
[snapback]138887[/snapback]

*goes and reads*

Why do I miss all the good discussions here?
Then when I do try to start a sociological/political discussion everyone runs screaming in the opposite direction.

*sigh*
Oh well.

QUOTE(hitokiri)
interesting topic... but there really is nothing that can be done. basically i blame any state that does not touch an ocean for this... and that gulf of mexico shit don't count. think about it, almost all the traditionally conservative states are in this category. there are just too many ignant (yes ignant... they don't deserve the o-r) fools that believe in the tripe that is being told to them.

My theory about that is the lack of fresh ocean air. That and the damn humidity in the summer time. When they say "It's not the heat it's the humidity" they aren't whistling dixie let me tell you. I think those two factors hinder brain development, at least it seems to for a good portion of them.

Just my crackpot theory.

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Mar 25 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #25

Master Alchemist

Mmmhhhmm. Miniskirt brings up a good point about cjild abuse and all that other disgusting crap. I don't see why they just can't give that baby up for adoption. I mean, there are plenty of people who aren't able to have children or people who want to adopt. If you can't provide a good home, then let someone else do it if you are a crack head.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carnal Malefacto...
post Mar 25 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #26

Gallery Mod Emeritus

From: In your daughter's bedroom, chanting lines from the Necrololicon
Member No.: 526

[begins humming]

EEEEVERY SPEEERM IS SAAAAACREEEED
EEEEVERY SPEEERM IS GREEEEEEAT
IIIIIIF A SPEEEERM GETS WAAAAASTEEEEED
GOD GETS QUITE IIIIIRAAAAAAATE...

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:59 AM)
Mmmhhhmm. Miniskirt brings up a good point about cjild abuse and all that other disgusting crap. I don't see why they just can't give that baby up for adoption. I mean, there are plenty of people who aren't able to have children or people who want to adopt. If you can't provide a good home, then let someone else do it if you are a crack head.
[snapback]139293[/snapback]

Because it's probably the most difficult thing in the world to give birth to a child, then have to give it up.

I'll say it again: Abortions should be legal, safe and rare.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Mar 25 2005, 11:52 PM
Post #27

Gallery Mod Emeritus

QUOTE(What @ no bacon?,Mar 25 2005, 10:10 PM)
[begins humming]EEEEVERY SPEEERM IS SAAAAACREEEED
EEEEVERY SPEEERM IS GREEEEEEAT
IIIIIIF A SPEEEERM GETS WAAAAASTEEEEED
GOD GETS QUITE IIIIIRAAAAAAATE...

Sing it brother!!

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Mar 26 2005, 05:59 AM)
[snapback]139293[/snapback]

You assume a crack head would think of someone besides themselves.

When it comes to people who would abuse or negelct a child they are not the most generous, thoughful people now are they? Their attitute is "It's MY CHILD and I'm going to keep it and do with it as I please!" People like I described above are not the kind to think of what's best for the child. That is why things like this happen.

Because it's probably the most difficult thing in the world to give birth to a child, then have to give it up.

Like Bacon said, it's not easy to carry a child for nine months then give it up, besides there are far to many unwanted children in the world and the sad thing is the children who have the best chance of being adopted are the lilly white children. None of those snotty yuppie types want to raise a black child why, people would know that it's not really their child. Unless it's an asian child which is apparently quite fashionable among the child-as-fashion-accesory crowd.

I'm not saying that only non-white people should get abortions that's the way of the world as sick and sad as it is. White and male is the most desirable from what I've heard. I've also heard it's not all that easy or cheap to adopt a child and often people who would be good parents are turned down due to financial status despite the fact that they would provide a loving family and raise a good human being.

I'll say it again: Abortions should be legal, safe and rare.
[snapback]139301[/snapback]

Agreed.

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Mar 26 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #28

Master Alchemist

^Just a random, non-coherent thought: If we have abortions than we'll have a world of evil, whiney, piece of crap humonculi Wraths running around XD

And yes, I do realize that crack heads usually aren't the most considerate people in the world. And it is difficult carrying a baby for 9 months XP I would die >_< I just can't stand having to sacrifice innocent unborn children T.T But I guess that is kinda of idealistic. I have the answer... Controled breading XD Anyone who I see unfit to have children will be neutered tongue.gif I am above the law, I shall critique the humans happy.gif

I do think abortion should be legal but I am just saying if I were a woman I don't know if I could kill my own blood.

One last thought before I shut my yap: If you don't want to have children and are not going to take responsibility if you do have one *because I hate the idea of abortion but some people are just f***ed up dry.gif* then you should chug as many birth control pills. And don't be a fool, wrap your tool mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sonic-Teal
post Mar 26 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #29

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,260

Removing a feeding tube is a barberiec way to end Terry Schivio's life dude. I would do something quick and painles a shot to the head, snap the neck, youthenasia anything but remove the feeding tube and torture. Well I gotta go back to my cross and sing the bright side of life, good day gentlemen and dudets.

--------------------
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS"
-Leeroy My WoW hereo
Also watch this funniest thing ever
http://guild.wowcentral.com/leroy.wav

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Mar 26 2005, 12:54 PM
Post #30

Master Alchemist

Actually, I saw a news report that sais someone in Terry Schiavo's condition wouldn't feel pain if their tube was removed. They said that people who were able to speak said that that they know they should feel hungry, but they don't. After awhile, they just drift into infinity peacefully. I know depriving someone of nutrients sounds horrific but it doesn't cause pain and suffereing. Again, I haven't been paying enough attention to have a true opinion but that's what a doctor said.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 12:58 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css