Reply to this topicStart new topic
Morning., [pre - series ] EdWinry interaction. woo
Spectacal
post Mar 21 2005, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,778

You could say...I'm a little shaky about posting my fanfictions here, more or less the Full Metal Alchemist ones I've had in my head for a while.
So yeah, prepare for craptastic things ahead!

Here's a oneshot that I thought up a few nights ago, taking place after Al and Ed attempted to transmute their Mother and while Ed was getting his automail. I'm sure this has been in someway or another, but blaah.
Ed and Winry interaction, because I think it's adorable biggrin.gif Enjoy!

The ringing in the back of his head was very sudden, playing tune to the new warmth that layed over his face. The sleepy darkness lifted slowly, and Edward stirred with a small sigh. Ah, the few seconds before he realized why he was laying in Aunt Pinako's spare bedroom and the sudden rush of unbearable pain.
Ed was awake, but didn't care to open his eyes. All he would see was another curtain of black, made by the damp rag put over his eyes to get rid of the fever. It wasn't helping; he was still shivering all the same. Squeezing the bedspread with his - thankfully - whole hand, Ed let out another sigh, this time more painful and forceful. He shifted his head over knotted hair to get closer to the sunlight shining through the window. He was careful, of course, because Winry and Aunt Pinako would have his head if he pulled at the wires snaking into his shoulder.

'Hmph...' The boy thought, making a face. 'Women...'

As if on cue, there was a soft creaking in the distance. Ed listened, but didn't move. Everything seemed so far away to him, the ache in his arm and leg creeping slowly around his body the more he came out of sleep. The creaking turned into footsteps, followed by a "Oh, shoot..." Finally, the footsteps paused, and the sound of a door opening echoed through the room. There was some clanking of silverware, and probably a piece of dinnerware shifting on a tray. Edward knew who it was, and he wasn't hungry, therefore staying perfectly still. As long as the other didn't try to change the rag, they wouldn't figure out Ed was playing Possium--
The rag wasn't lifted, but Edward could feel the other standing near the bed. There was a "Phew," and then they shifted and sat down. Ed listened closely for some more movement, but none came.

"Open your mouth, Ed." Came her voice, tender but demanding. He grumbled, but obeyed. Something warm met his lips, then slid down his throat, leaving behind a sweet trail on his tongue. Porridge, it must have been.

"How'd you sleep?" Winry asked politely, obviously not expecting a nice answer from the boy with one arm and two legs - one real and one made of metal.

"Not very well..." Ed replied, the sentence sounding like a drunken sigh. Another spoonful of Porridge hit his lips, wanting to get through. Ed shook his head as fast as he could manage. Something grabbed his nose suddenly, and he gasped for breath. Instead, he met the spoon of doom, and swallowed obediently. Through the rag, he could amost imagine that smug look Winry always gave.

"Well...there's good news at least."

"Yahoo." He answered sarcastically. Winry gave him another spoonful.

"Hmph! You ungrateful freak! I guess you won't be happy to know that your arm should be finished by tomorrow." Edward paused, before a smile graced his lips.

"Really?"

"Really." She said lightly. An uneasy silence passed between them, except for the clanking of Al outside in the yard with Den. Ed shifted a little.

"Hey Winry...." He said quietly. "...Thank you..." There was no answer, but rather a pause in her feeding. Ed could almost see her stunned face. He could feel himself flushing a little, too.

"It's not everyday you hear Edward Elric say 'thank you'. Is it going to be like this all the time from now on?" He heard her giggle, then set the now empty bowl away on the tray. A blinding light hit his eyes as the rag was taken away. Against the morning sun, he could see her smile against that pale, skinny face. Her light blonde hair was shining, with the hint of color that was which a pink headband. It matched her dress. Edward blinked a few times to get the left over darkness out of his eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Oh...er-I doubt it...It's a once in a lifetime deal." He shrugged, but stopped midway when the wires tugged at his nerves. Winry grinned, sat the rag on the tray, then moved the back of her hand over his forehead.

"That's good enough for me..." She said, her tone dazed and drifting off while she examined his fever. "It's going down. And it's getting late...Granny and I should start soon..."

Ed made no comment. Instead he only stared at nothing on the floor. Winry stood there for a while, and then moved herself to the tray and picked it up. She slowly made her exit, Ed watched, clumsily opening the door and beginning to start out. Ed bit his lip, then called to her.

"Winry!" She stopped, and turned. "um...When this is all over, the automail and all...I'll buy you a wrench. A nice one." Time seemed to slow a little. Later in life, he would regret those words, for that wrench would end up being the one that gave Ed minor concussions. Ed watched as the last smile graced Winry's pink lips, and she showed her teeth.

"...I'd like that, Edward..." And made her leave, leaving Ed to his rising fever and maroon tinted checks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ed's secret ...
post Mar 21 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,674

Niiiice. I hope you write more.

+Quote Post
darkangelslayer
post Mar 21 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #3

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,011

That's good. It's a lot better then some of the fanfics around here. Good job on your first try, keep it up.

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm aka Anshi as dubbed by Celes *that can be used by anyone and everyone*
Celes x Anshi supporter XDD

+Quote Post
Le Monkey
post Mar 22 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Major General

Member No.: 2,167

I like it.. Its nice

Id give it 8-9/10 for a fist attempt..

I am a Sucker for Fin X Edo fics though...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ged
post Mar 22 2005, 01:04 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 9,836

Nice. I give you well-earned (not because this is your first attempt) 8/10. Keep the good work! smile.gif I'm looking forward for your next ff. Maybe something more than one shot?

--------------------
My forum family:
Big bro to Water Alchemist

+Quote Post
Spectacal
post Mar 22 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Thank you, everyone, I really appreciate the support smile.gif
I might write one that's longer, if not with more of a storyline. Let's wait and see ^^;

+Quote Post
Yukina_Raven
post Mar 22 2005, 02:23 PM
Post #7

Alchemists

Member No.: 4,976

Little did Ed know that the said wrench would be used to beat his skull in. laugh.gif A very cute little fic! I enjoyed it very much. Hope to see more from you. happy.gif

--------------------

(Sig copyrighted to Hikusa.)
Winter in Germany - POST SERIES! EdXWinry - Ed is trying to cope with his new life on the other side of the Gate. But now he must decide: Does he love Winry or her relfection? *COMPLETE*
My December - Sequel to 'Winter in Germany'; Ed returns after leaving again for 4 years after his return from the Gate. What awaits him is a very different place and a very broken Winry.
Brothers - A collection of short stories of Ed & Al's childhood. Implied EdXWinry.
Silkspun Dreams - Various EdxWinry one shots

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Mar 23 2005, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

A few small qualms (it would benefit from a good betaing), but overall an excellent piece! Winry's ideas on how to feed a reticient invalid are very amusing. happy.gif I really enjoyed reading it and would gladly do so again, which is a lot more than can be said for most of the FMA fiction out there. Well done!

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
-Kr!zY-
post Mar 25 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #9

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,305

Cute!! that was so cute!!^^ it was quite good!!! heh heh, boy will Ed regret offering to buy her a wrench! lol!!!! :p keep it up dude~!!!!!

+Quote Post
dzioo
post Mar 25 2005, 04:46 AM
Post #10

Citizen

Member No.: 9,679

i must say that i liked it very very much. a ver moving story with a bit of humor. and the fact that you made the fic during the time of ed's surgery made it even more original

+Quote Post
hidden_death
post Mar 26 2005, 05:25 AM
Post #11

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,634

its pretty good i'd say 8/10

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Sonic-Teal
post Mar 27 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #12

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,260

I liked it, then again I am a sucker for Ed/Win. 8/10 and remember not to make your sequal do better in the opening week and it's really worse than the original.

--------------------
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS"
-Leeroy My WoW hereo
Also watch this funniest thing ever
http://guild.wowcentral.com/leroy.wav

+Quote Post
Spectacal
post Mar 27 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #13

Citizen

QUOTE(Sonic-Teal @ Mar 27 2005, 06:20 PM)
I liked it, then again I am a sucker for Ed/Win. 8/10 and remember not to make your sequal do better in the opening week and it's really worse than the original.
[snapback]140453[/snapback]

Hah! I'll keep that in mind biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 07:15 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css