How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
Haldir of Lorien
post Mar 21 2005, 07:22 AM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,412

I first watced Full Metal Alchemist on a Thursday night at Denver waiting for Inuyasha to come on.I noticed thhat there was a new show on Adult Swim so I watched it.The first thing I saw was the pint sized Edward Elric.I tried to wake up my sister to tell her a new show was on but she didn't listen.I watced first puzzled about it then I began to understand.Tomarrow we would leave Denver for our home town Casper.I thought this was the only time I would be able to watch it.(the episode was the first one yay the only reasone why I was confused is cause they cut out a part)
That Saturday night, I was sitting in front of the T.v with my brother and sister while telling them about this new show(watching Futurama at the time)my sister complained about why I didn't wake her up (as always smile.gif ) later we where waiting for Inuyasha to come on again when Ready steady go started to play (i did not know the title back then) I was bouncing off the walls cause it played on Saturdays too and I was hoping it was the second episode so I could see what happend to Rose.
It was the second episode and we all enjoyed it and so we added 2 new shows on our "to watch on adult swim'' list (the second show was Stand Alone Complex )

--------------------
IPB Image
I made this sig myself, and I am very proud of it,PM me if you ;d like me to make you one too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_The Toe Alchemist_*
post Mar 21 2005, 08:18 AM
Post #2

Guests

Well i first heard about FMA on techtv whin xplay was perviewing the game.
I was up late watching Futurama and i saw that FMA was on later that night so i stayed up to watch it....It was the first ep. but i was confused cuz you know how the first ep. is like in the middel of the story ..anyway..Even then the show seemed too short..thats why i knew i liked it.
After the fight seen with cornelo,I was saying to my self,Now iv got to stay up late ever Sat. cuz i just found the best show on TV

+Quote Post
miss_neko
post Mar 21 2005, 12:53 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 4,451

two words. Adult Swim. i didn't even know that fullmetal alchemist was the new show that was added in Adult Swim when i first watch it. At first i thought it was kind of boring but after doing some research on the internet i was hook to it.

+Quote Post
Greensky
post Mar 21 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #4

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,478

I first heard about Fullmetal from PLAY magazing. They had an add for the game where the reviewer said "Playing this game got me watching the series." And of course, I saw the name "Square-Enix" in it, so I just had to watch the series.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
^ Cowboy Bebop-----------------^Samurai Champloo

+Quote Post
Stained_Wings
post Mar 21 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Member No.: 7,623

i had my friends over for a birthday sleepover on a saturday night, and one of my friends said that we couldn't miss her Fullmetal Alchemist show. i hadn't watch adult swim in forever because i was long since over watching Inuyasha and i haven't bothered to watch it since. it was the red water episode (episode 12?) and we weren't paying too much attention because we were all playing around and goofing off. then the next weekend i was at my grandparents' house so they could get me a proper birthday present, and i couldn't go to sleep and i remembered that FMA came on at 12, so i watched it. i loved it, and the next morning i was looking all over online, soaking in everything about it that i could.

+Quote Post
Kinbari-chan
post Mar 21 2005, 08:11 PM
Post #6

Citizen

Member No.: 7,848

I just came home from college on winter break and it was a Saturday night and I wasn't tired and was watching TV with my brother. FMA came on at 12 and my bro. told me this was the new show he started watching. Well the episode that came on was ep. 7, "The Night the Chimera Cries". The episode amazed me and I loved it! I got online the next day and found this site and started reading all the manga and reading episode summaries...now I've almost seen the entire original series of the show! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
This sig is made by my all so wonderful brother, Jonathan. Want a sig? Contact him at Heavyarms410@aol.com.

+Quote Post
AlphonseRules
post Mar 21 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #7

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 6,124

The first time I saw the show was one Saturday night after work when I was flipping the channels. The episode was number 5(the train one) and I only saw the second half. When I saw Mustang light that guy on fire I got interested. I continued to watch the next few weeks and became completely hooked when I saw "Night of the Chimera's Cry."

--------------------
I'm still waiting for Al to rip someone in half.

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Mar 21 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #8

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

One day, when I was finished with my standardized test, my classmate who sat behind me told me about this show involving a fifteen year old boy who could do alchemy. Now I had actually seen a fanart of Edward on DA prior to this, and when he told me the Fullmetal Alchemist's name, I immediately asked, "Does he have a braid?" He said yes, so I knew what it was after that. Anyway, he gave me the first 4 episodes (which I watched out of order at first, on accident @_@) and I was instantly hooked.

That was quite a long time ago, episode 15 had just come out, so that was last year.. wow. So I told him to give me all the episodes he had, and he had up to episode 15, then every week he would give me the new episode. But the thing is, I didn't really like this person, but he was my source of FMA. FMA won out in the end so I didn't show my dislike. But then FMA got licensed! So he couldn't get the episodes anymore. But then I took the initiative to go out and find them again, and I was successful. So then I was the one providing for him. I felt I owed it to him. tongue.gif

So as my first sig said, "The person I hated most introduced me to FMA, thus becoming less hated."

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
edsgirl
post Mar 21 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #9

Brigadier General

Member No.: 2,682

One of my friends who is really into manga,anime,j-pop, well she's infatuated with japanese culture. She was actually the one who got me hooked on the more recent manga and anime ( The last thing I saw prior to meeting my friend was Ninja Scroll). Anyways, she was reading FMA and I saw the cover with the adorable Ed on it and I wanted to find out more. So she told me about FMA appearing on AS. So I started watching those, then she finally lent me her copies,about a month ago, and I finally got to see the whole series! biggrin.gif

--------------------

I put the 'ow' in 'yowee'. >:3 by Bacon Bits :P

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Mar 21 2005, 10:37 PM
Post #10

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

i found out about FMA through an Online TCG and thought that it was some stupid anime about a boy with a metal arm that he couse use to turn himself into Armor (Al) XD!! and then i later met a guy obsessed with it. he showed me where to read the manga and i began to read. sadly i was too late to get too many of the Fansubs ~_~ but by reading the Manga first i have a slight bias towards the Anime.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
vazel
post Mar 21 2005, 11:43 PM
Post #11

Citizen

Member No.: 8,043

i also first got to know fullmetal alchemist on adult swim. when i saw the first episode i was hooked.

--------------------
"Only The Shadow Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"

+Quote Post
Chibi-Usa
post Mar 22 2005, 06:00 AM
Post #12

Alchemists

Member No.: 2,180

I found out about FMA from one of my friends.And to think,I wouldn't even know about it if it wasn't for him!

--------------------
IPB Image
^ My siggie was made by the wonderful Riza Babe!^

+Quote Post
Steel Alchemist
post Mar 22 2005, 07:42 AM
Post #13

Citizen

Member No.: 9,478

Same thing you did.

--------------------
Steel Alchemist
Hell is other people
You're a sin against nature, and your body's in so much pain, Oh merciful God who shapes us all... Please return these scarred souls to your unending womb.

+Quote Post
Ed_Elric_Fan
post Mar 22 2005, 12:56 PM
Post #14

Citizen

Member No.: 6,935

One of my friends on the net told me. I saw the one where Ed was trying to find Nina (?) killer, and he almost got killed by the crazy person, I loved it. I am now totally obssessed with it, I'm starting to scare all my friends.

+Quote Post
Chibi-Usa
post Mar 22 2005, 01:18 PM
Post #15

Alchemists

Member No.: 2,180

Really?I scare mine too! happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
^ My siggie was made by the wonderful Riza Babe!^

+Quote Post

32 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2016 - 11:35 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css