How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
~*(Jaded)*~
post Sep 18 2005, 03:46 PM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,172

Two years ago I had been watching Inuyasha on Adult Swim and saw a comercial for it. I thought it'd be stupid but when I saw it I loved it! Now it's my favortie anime and magna series.

--------------------
lulululululululululululu~
my war cry... or mating call? :3 :3 :3 nernerner

xD;;
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Krazi_*
post Sep 18 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #92

Guests

Well, I bought my first manga volume (.hack//legend of the twilight) and with it came this free manga sampler thing. I'm assuming there's more than one of the books; mine has the number 5 on it. Anyway, it had a preview for the Fullmetal Alchemist manga, so I read the first part, and I got really, really interested.

The one day this past summer I was looking @ the TV guide (we have satellite, so there's that handy guide on the tv so that you can see what's going on for the next day or so) and I saw that FMA was coming on that night at 12. I was really curious, so I stayed up to watch it.

I expected to come into the series in the middle and be totally clueless as to what I was seeing. But nope, somehow I lucked out and caught the first episode. I only recognized it as the first episode because of that little manga preview book, and I figured that since I'd been lucky enough to catch the beginning I should watch the show more... after all, I'm always complaining about how I can't get into animes because I never can catch the beginning and I have no clue what's happening.

I've been hooked ever since that night... though I got smart enough to tape it instead of staying up late. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Melissa_*
post Sep 20 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #93

Guests

The way I got hooked was my friend, Ashley (who is obbsesed with any anime ), told me about the show. Back then I didn't really like her, but ever since she told me about FMA we've been best friends laugh.gif pretty puthetic huh? Having a show make you friends? Lol, well her and me always talk about it non-stop and kinda give everyone else headaches because of it rolleyes.gif oopsie. Lol

+Quote Post
adamclark
post Sep 21 2005, 04:38 PM
Post #94

Alchemists

Member No.: 16,467

my story: *leans back in his chair as he sits on the porch*

well me and my buddy bubba was out shooting coons over on the west mud pack and bubba says to me, he says, hay adam, lookie at that thing over there. is that a coon? i says no that aint no coon, thats sumthing else. so we cross around the mud patch and check out what it is and, what do ya know, its the fullmetal alchemist, sitting in the mud patch.

and that's how i found the fullmetal alchemist.

true story

--------------------
"Everybody's a jerk. You, me, this jerk." -Bender

+Quote Post
the_lightning_al...
post Sep 21 2005, 09:22 PM
Post #95

Alchemists

From: in a my own little world *starts humming random song*
Member No.: 19,617

LOL!! Watch someone really finds FMA like that!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Odysseus
post Sep 21 2005, 09:58 PM
Post #96

Apprentice

Member No.: 15,996

some time ago I was watching Ghost in the Shell, but hadn't really cared for any of the other shows even though I had seen the commercial for FMA. One day I was playing a PC game and left the TV on waiting for GITS. So FMA came on around Episode... 13 and I was hooked. And that's it.

--------------------
IPB Image
I've returned after a long absence so hooray? ^^
My forum family: So far just my one and only sister: ed's numbuh 1 fan

+Quote Post
Winired
post Oct 2 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #97

Citizen

Member No.: 23,390

I ended up watching it after Inuyasha one night. I had missed the beginning of Inuyasha (Which I'm known to do quite often) so I was going to stay up to three-thirty so I could watch it again. Well Full Metal Alchemist came on next, the first eppisode, so I sat there and watched it. I absolutly /loved/ it.

+Quote Post
Automne
post Oct 2 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #98

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

It's my friend who introduced me to FMA. Everyday she would more and more talk about it and it slowly began to interest me plus I was confused by all the story (Brothers...Armor...Homunculus... Alchemy... Everytime I was like WTF! O_o) So I watched Canal + and the first episode I saw was episode 47 and let's resume this: I found the alchemy subject very interesting, I took a big liking to Lust, Dante impressed me by her coolness, I thought Wrath was extremly cute in his madness and I totally 'fell in love' with Envy when I first saw him attack Pride and destroy the ground happy.gif;;... That's all.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Full Metal Elf
post Oct 2 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #99

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,332

My friend is an Anime/Manga fan (I am a new fan smile.gif)...and she said I had to watch FMA. Well...after the first episode I was hooked! She owns all the 5 DVDs avaliable here, so I have only watched those, plus the one aired last night on Adult Swim.

--------------------

Proud member of the Anti-Shou movment....
Staff Member of M.S.A (Miniskirt Army)

+Quote Post
~FMAgurl~
post Oct 5 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #100

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 5,210

I stayed up one night during a long weekend, and I happened to be watching Adult Swim. That just happened to be the night the first episode aired tongue.gif It was like nothing I had seen before, because all that I use to watch was pointless cartoons, so I made myself remember the name. i told my brother about FMA, and he downloaded it for me. I also discovered other anime, such as Witch Hunter Robin, Trigun, and Wolf's Rain that night. From that point that a became an anime fanatic biggrin.gif i fi hadn't stayed up that night, I probably would be doing homework instead of watching anime and browsing the forums laugh.gif

--------------------

"Stand tall, smile bright, and let 'em wonder what secret's making you laugh." -Angels and Demons

**My sig and avy are NOT my photography**

+Quote Post
Anime-Kat2002
post Oct 5 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #101

Apprentice

Member No.: 18,691

I saw the first episode of Full Metal Alchemist on Adult Swim on the very first night it aired. I watched like the first 2 minutes of it and was "I'm bored" and I quit watching it because it didn't interest me. But, this past summer my brother bought the 1st PS2 game of FMA. It was one of those lazy days where I had nothing else to do and I've beaten all the PS2 games we had except for that one. I remembered that I saw it on Adult Swim and I said what the heck I have nothing else better to do. My brother couldn't pull me away from the PS2 after that. I had to finish the game and I had to know more about Alchemy and the show itself. So, I started watching it on Adult Swim. As of now I have seen all the episodes of FMA that Adult Swim has shown up-to-date, I own the 1st and 3rd DVDs, bought and beaten the 1st PS2 game, rented and beaten the 2nd PS2 game, read some of the mangas, downloaded all the opening and ending songs, and I have made 2 anime music videos to FMA. I guess I owe my love of FMA to that lazy summer day when I started to play the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fan_Alchemist
post Oct 7 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #102

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,177

The first time Full Metal Alchemist appeared on Adult Swim, My sister was like..."This show is so stupid. I don't even understand it."

But then my sister and I watched it a few months later adn we then enjoyed it. I actuallt got my sister hooked because I liked it so much. Thank god tomorrow's Saturday.

Saturday = New epsiodes of FMA cool.gif

--------------------
I'm a girl and proud.
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

This member is Ailuro approved.

+Quote Post
Lauren Teh Pirat...
post Oct 10 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #103

Citizen

Member No.: 23,564

Well, a good while ago, I was talking to my friend online just before around 10:00 PM. He was going on and on about this anime he had recently gotten hooked on, and told me to watch it since that night's episode wasn't that far into the series. (The Other Brothers Elric - Part One) So I did, and fell madly in love.

That's my story.

-bows-

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
InsaneFangirl
post Oct 10 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #104

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 23,530

Lemme see....

I was on a forum, and noticed that tons of people were talking about it. There were loads of roleplays for it, as well. My friend who knows about most likely every anime and manga out there, happened to have the DVD for it when I asked about it. I watched a few episodes, and from there was completely and totally hooked.

--------------------

Edo-kun lover! ^_^;;

Fanfic!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2628866/5/

+Quote Post
Ed-Elric
post Oct 13 2005, 01:31 AM
Post #105

Apprentice

Member No.: 22,638

found it on adult swim and thought it was cool

--------------------
" I am no genius, I just saw the truth "

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2016 - 03:22 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css