How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
xrninja
post Apr 22 2005, 12:20 AM
Post #76

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 501

i think at the end of my sophomore year, almost two years ago, my friend added a "PS: GO WATCH FMA, STUPID" at the end of his entry in my yearbook. i didn't download a lot of anime back then, though, i mostly just borrowed naruto CDs off of friends. then in AP Bio my junior year (last year), one of the admins of this site, penguin|tired, kept bugging me to watch FMA and i started borrowing CDs from him and other friends. and i was hooked forever and ever. FMA made my junior year so much more bearable (and, uh, unproductive). biggrin.gif

and i still remember the afternoon in the school's journalism room when penguin|tired told me that FMA got licensed (at episode 31, i think) and would be dubbed, and then i proceeded to throw the Biggest Screaming Fit ever and stormed outside and smashed in a locker. in retrospect, i'm grateful no teachers witnessed that. ohmy.gif

--------------------
- ON HIATUS UNTIL COLLEGE STOPS KICKING MY ASS -
ninja + quis = <3

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Apr 29 2005, 06:22 AM
Post #77

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

How could I ever forget those two days. We were in Denver to go to a funeral, it was my first time at an open casscet , so when wegot back the hotel, I plopped on the bed .(I thought I was going to die of stomach) about an hour later , my mom order pizza, I was still asleep, like Hali said she tried to wake me up. The irst words I heard ever from Full metal Alchemist was Ed asking Himself " what have I done?" I remeber it like yesterday. The following Saturday I watched it again, on this exact date.

November 13, 2004
I fell in love with the series right away

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hawkeyes counter...
post Apr 29 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #78

Citizen

Member No.: 12,176

Well, the first time was when they were featuring FMA in my anime magazines I subscribe to. At first I didn't take the time to read it because I thought it wasnt worth it tongue.gif . Well I justt kept on seeing all these articles about it till I couldn't take it anymore!! Finally I broke down and read it and I thought that it kind of looked cool after reading it^_^. Then I saw it on TV Guide when it was airing on Saturday and I thougt "oh I read about that before" so I watched it, I loved it after it aired for the first 5 minutes. Thats how I became a huge fan of FMA today^_^!!

--------------------
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

-A Dream Within A Dream, by Edger Allen Poe

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Apr 29 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #79

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

When I first watched it, I loved it, ( sry inu-chan0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Envious..._*
post Apr 29 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #80

Guests

About a year ago, when it was first being fansubbed, I was testing the download speed of a torrent site.

As a test, I picked a random anime named mysteriously, "Fullmetal Alchemist."

I got the 1st eps. but never really checked it out except for the first 5 seconds. It just didn't hold my interest. I thought the title was bad enough (Fullmetal Alchemist? Sounds like a hentai! tongue.gif ), and when I skipped around the 1st eps, I saw some more weird stuff (A giant parrot monster? How ridiculous! biggrin.gif ).

It took me a few weeks, and after watching the latest Naruto eps, I was finally inclined to see the whole episode. Let's just say that when I first saw the Elric brother's "mother," I was terrified and intrigued at the show.

It hooked me ever since (ironically, I lost interest in Naruto soon after). Later as I watched the anime, I found out about the manga, and checked it out. I was even more impressed when I found out the original creator of FMA was a previously unknown woman manga artist. Very impressed.

+Quote Post
Hagane No Renkin...
post May 1 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #81

Citizen

Member No.: 11,962

when full metal alchemist came out they were showing the comercial about it and after watching just the comercial i coul tell it was going to be good so i decided to watch it and after missing the first two episodes ( and curseing my self for it to ) i finily saw the third episode i was immediatly hooked and by the sixth episode my parents were hooked too

--------------------
IPB Image

sister to Legolas of Mirkwood
sister to Haldir of Lorien
sister to ~.:Anime_Gal:.~
sister to Chibi Riena
Step into the world of darkness (vampire game) -> http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11031605
Chronicles in Magic - A Harry Potter role play

+Quote Post
Orca239
post May 4 2005, 04:56 AM
Post #82

Citizen

Member No.: 7,653

The first time i saw FMA, I accidentally recorded it one night and wanted to watch more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more...and more.and more...and more.........

+Quote Post
ymsg
post May 4 2005, 06:05 AM
Post #83

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

And more? *that was mean, sorry* lol. But ditto; I felt the same way.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Hagane No Renkin...
post May 8 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 11,962

i have a tivo so i record it and so ican watch it alot i watch in one room while it is recording in another room them i immediatly watch it in the other room with my dad while my mom is asleep then the next day i watch it with my brother and mom and then the next day i watch it mith my neighbor ( also a fma freek )
and the next day i watch before my mom gets up that way she dosent get tierd of it and delete it !

--------------------
IPB Image

sister to Legolas of Mirkwood
sister to Haldir of Lorien
sister to ~.:Anime_Gal:.~
sister to Chibi Riena
Step into the world of darkness (vampire game) -> http://www.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=11031605
Chronicles in Magic - A Harry Potter role play

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post May 14 2005, 10:00 AM
Post #85

Guests

QUOTE(Haldir of Lorien @ Mar 21 2005, 07:22 AM)
I first watced Full Metal Alchemist on a Thursday night at Denver waiting for Inuyasha to come on.I noticed thhat there was a new show on Adult Swim so I watched it.The first thing I saw was the pint sized Edward Elric.I tried to wake up my sister to tell her a new show was on but she didn't listen.I watced first puzzled about it then I began to understand.Tomarrow we would leave Denver for our home town Casper.I thought this was the only time I would be able to watch it.(the episode was the first one yay the only reasone why I was confused is cause they cut out a part)
     That Saturday night, I was sitting in front of the T.v with my brother and sister while telling them about this new show(watching Futurama at the time)my sister complained about why I didn't wake her up (as always smile.gif  ) later we where waiting for Inuyasha to come on again when Ready steady go started to play (i did not know the title back then) I was bouncing off the walls cause it played on Saturdays too and I was hoping it was the second episode so I could see what happend to Rose.
   It was the second episode and we all enjoyed it and so we added 2 new shows on our "to watch on adult swim'' list (the second show was Stand Alone Complex )
[snapback]137031[/snapback]

Same here! I was like: " ph34r.gif " then I was " smile.gif " I'm with you & I agree!!

+Quote Post
«°~Gluttony™~°»
post May 14 2005, 10:43 AM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 12,822

QUOTE(Orca239 @ May 4 2005, 03:56 AM)
The first time i saw FMA, I accidentally recorded it one night and wanted to watch more
[snapback]166051[/snapback]

to me that is what it was but it wasn't much of an accident really

on every saturday I'm usually gone to the movies but i can't miss my Inyuasha or Yu yu hakusho, or DB GT, and a couple of the other shows on Cartoon network on that time frame, so i just taped a 4 hour block and when they showed the first episode of the show i thought i would watch it as well, and I liked it and the more i watched it i loved it, and then when the game came out, First thing i done, BAM i bought the game, and then I went to a nearby store that sales Anime DVD's imported from Japan, and found the two box case set that had all 51 episodes of FMA with subtitles and bought them both 40 bucks each smile.gif

--------------------
Daughter(s) Winry Rockbell Elric
LiL SiS(s) ~FMAgurl~, Full Blade Alchemist, Fullmetal Fangirl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, Kit, MustEd4ever, Drina, Jen_Elric
LiL Bro(s) foolmetal alchemist, GreedEnvyWrath
If you want to be my lil or big bro or sis or even my daughter or son pm me I'm 26

user posted image
^yes this pic is one of my own creations ^

+Quote Post
chocolate_eds_ev...
post Sep 13 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #87

Apprentice

Member No.: 21,967

actually i watched it on accident(c not all mistakes r bad)
i was waiting 4 inuyasha 2 b on and fma came on and i was instantly addicted. laugh.gif

--------------------
In our vast unwinding existence we tend to forget the things that were important to us
but by forgetting them we realize that they weren't all that important
but, by thinking that, u remember what u have forgotten
and in that instant of remembering what you were trying to remember
you forget about the thing you have forgotten
so before you start to forget just remember
those who truely remembered you won't be forgotten... or not.
--------My Chocolate Family--------
Elder Sis- Jen Elric
Elder Bro- DarkBlade Alchemist; Mustang's Appentice
Lil Sis- Ed's numbuh 1 fan; animefangirl; braindead fma fan;& Kakashi's #1 girlfriend
----------------------------------------
join my chocolate family, pm me anytim

+Quote Post
the_lightning_al...
post Sep 13 2005, 09:18 PM
Post #88

Alchemists

From: in a my own little world *starts humming random song*
Member No.: 19,617

I was flippin through channels and stubbled upon the episode when Heughes's daughter is born (can't spell her name). I was freaked out, but loved it right away. I didn't get back to it after a while though, it was a little after my first Inu Yasha episode that I rediscovered it. Then I got all my other friends to watch and not one thank you for introducing them to one of the best animes I've ever seen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
KajiRisu
post Sep 18 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #89

Citizen

From: Warehouse 13. There's a magical portal from the doorway from my room, to Oz.
Member No.: 7,613

I read a review in and Animerrica magazine and thought that it would be a cool show. Little did I know how obsessive I would become.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fugazi
post Sep 18 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #90

Apprentice

Member No.: 22,592

I was working a late night and was just getting my stuff cleaned up so I could get some rest. I sat down and was flipping chanels and I saw this cool looking anime show so I watched what 8 mins were left of it (a forgers love). I thought to my self that was a pretty cool show and then I heard this amazing song (indelible sin) It was so good I decided to stay up and watch the whole show that was being reran at 3am. From there I was hooked tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 05:56 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css