32 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
Guest_Guest_HyrulesHero_*_*
post Apr 5 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #46

Guests

WOW, its been forever now, It was about 2-2 1/2 years ago on Toriyamas World (which has nothing ow. lol. I was looking for some Naruto torrent downloads, when I stumbled upon FMA i read the first chapter (which is even better than the anime mind you) and I was just BLOWN AWAY!!! I then downloaded the anime off of Endless Anime. TO tell you the truth I was pretty sceptical of FMA being on Adult Swim (at least its not on toonami) even after the 1st episode, I wasnt sold on the english dub, but its sorta grown on me, but dude Armstrongs voice is HORRID!!! If your reading this FUNimation I dont want the freakin guy that plays Armstrong to make him sound like Piccolo of DBZ!!!! GOD!!!! he's supposed to a "muscley afeminate voice", not a deep gruff one!!! my rantings over...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MitsukiKouyama
post Apr 5 2005, 04:19 PM
Post #47

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,275

Some time early last year, I found out about Toriyamaworld. I noticed that they had the Full Metal Alchemist manga there. I didn't start reading it right away, though, because I was hooked on the Hunter X Hunter manga there at the time (and Full Moon wo Sagashite, but there's only 4 chappies of that X_x). About a week or two before it started on Adult Swim, I read about it in Newtype magazine, and it sounded interesting, so I decided to watch it. And now it's one of my favorita anime/mangas of all time. ^^ I've seen the whole series (the anime and all of the available manga chapters), and I can't wait for the movie! *_*

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 6 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #48

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

Took one look at Ed, (by accident; was waiting for Inuyasha) and fell in LOVE! lol. It had been reccomended to me by my friend, but I had brushed it off, uninterested. I started up at episode 2. I just had to see more of Ed; he was so cool. love it! happy.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Suyuki
post Apr 6 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #49

Citizen

Member No.: 11,292

I first saw the show while waiting for Inuyasha to come on, and then I was like "Hello, I know this show!" A long time ago, I was an avid fan of this now dead website that this girl used to post her art, and she was obsessed with FMA. She drew fanart of it all over the place, and even talked about it sometimes. I got the impression that she show was about a 25 year old TALL (yes, tall X33) biker who had a fake arm and ran around turning people into armor. I thought it sounded ultra-stupid.

Then, I started watching it, and the first thing that came into my mind was "So I'm watching this new show called Fullmetal Alchemist, and the main characer's name is Ed and he has this little blonde braid..." and my brain sort of went, bingo. So I hunkered down to watch it, and I loved it. I don't really even watch Inuyasha anymore. I've even gotten my brothers to like FMA almost as much as I do. It's so sad. o_o;;

+Quote Post
yannathedemonalc...
post Apr 6 2005, 09:34 PM
Post #50

Citizen

From: anywhere that i can use alchemy and not be in trouble for it
Member No.: 11,300

since i already watch adult swim for a coupleof other animes i saw FMA on there and was hooked from the beginning.......cya all soon

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Maes_ Hughes
post Apr 7 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #51

Citizen

Member No.: 10,918

I was channel surfing when the show premiered on adult swim. I watched it and now am hooked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrs.EdwardElric
post Apr 7 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #52

Citizen

Member No.: 10,851

i saw the commercial on adult swim and i thought WOW HOW COOL....so i watched and got hooked on the first episode!!!!!

+Quote Post
The Colonel'...
post Apr 7 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #53

Citizen

Member No.: 10,937

I saw the commercial and heard about it in Newtype, and was just like, 'hmmm, alchemy?' Then I watched it, and now I'm hooked.

--------------------
IPB Image
Forum Fam
Sisters: MustEd4ever, FMAgurl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, *fulli_silk_alchemist
If I left anyone out of my fam, let me know...or if you memorized my fam, let me know who I left out. Thanks.

*Thanks ~.:Anime_Gal:.~ for reminding me!!

+Quote Post
Silver_Slayn
post Apr 7 2005, 10:44 PM
Post #54

Citizen

Member No.: 11,368

Lol, I was looking for something to watch, so I changed the channel to Adult Swim. I wasn't really interested, but I decided to watch it anyway.
OMG, I'm glad I did! Now I love this show!! I even tape my favorite episodes to watch over and over again! tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
NightMistress
post Apr 8 2005, 12:32 AM
Post #55

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,212

I saw my bff watching the subs back in like september and I didn't pay much attention to it. Then it came on CN and I heard people in an uproar about the voices. They were telling me how good it is and how it was their favorite and how CN is ruinging it and on and on, and so I decided to get my hands on it some subs. Boy I'm glad that I did. I will admit that without seeing an ep or two from cartoon network, I might have passed it over. I deliberately stopped watching the CN version when I knew I would get my hands on the subs because I didn't want to get accustomed to those voices and I'm glad I didn't. It's not the worst dub, but the english voiced Ed is NOTHING like the japanese voiced Ed and I don't mean it in a good way. Nevertheless, I DO still watch it on CN (watched it tonight actually). It's cool to compare expressions of the English voices to that of the Japanese.

--------------------
Forum siblings: zarpia (my not so big sis) Fullmetal Fangirl (my very much so lil sis) ~FMAgurl~ (another very much so lil sis) MustEd4ever (another very lil sis) Drina (lil sis)

+Quote Post
yannathedemonalc...
post Apr 8 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #56

Citizen

From: anywhere that i can use alchemy and not be in trouble for it
Member No.: 11,300

I am eventually going to get the japanese version of FMA on dvd just so that i can have it for my anime collection.......cya all soon......

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Spectacal
post Apr 8 2005, 01:02 PM
Post #57

Citizen

Member No.: 8,778

I had read about Full Metal Alchemist in <i>Anime Insider</i> two months before it was due to come out. I read that it was by the same people that did Wolf's Rain, but the story didn't exactly grasp me.

Come Thanksgiving, I was in the Hospital recovering from Spinal Fusion Surgery to correct my back. (Scoliosis) The first Thursday I was there, I woke up with the worst pain and had to push my beautiful morphine button (*pets it*) With that, since I was in a room alone, I decided to see that was on Adult Swim. I think it was the second half of Episode 3, because after seeing Ed lose his arm and leg with all of the BLOOD, I threw up and the nurse came in and shut it off. That following Saturday, I turned on the TV and it was on again. This being Episode 4, it scared me alot, and yet again I threw up.
Months later, fully recovered, I started watching Adult Swim for the heck of it again. (I had stopped when Wolf's Rain ended. I can't stand Inuyasha) Full Metal Alchemist came on and I said "Well shoot. It's that show I threw up from biggrin.gif!"
From there, I watched it every week, until I decided to download the fansubs.

Now I'm in total love with it.

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Apr 8 2005, 01:39 PM
Post #58

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

hahaha, it seems that you watch some of the worst parts in the beginnings of FMA. I started out like this.

I was reading GameInformers, my most fav magazine. I came upon a preview for FMA game. I wasn't interested seeing it. After a few months, an advertising of the FMA game was on the magazine. I took notice that it said there,
"Base on the popular anime on Cartoon Network Adult Swim"
I got interested and got on the internet to look for some scans. I got scans from Voulme 1-9 in this website. I read the first chapter and I got hooked on to it. I read it till midnight and Finshed 2 volumes. I had to go on a trip to NY so I couldn't read FMA for a longggggg time. After I came back, I started to read it again. I found this site and learned some stuff too.
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm getting my friend to get interested too, but she isn't showing any inprovments.

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
ymsg
post Apr 8 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #59

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 10,976

QUOTE(Spectacal @ Apr 8 2005, 01:02 PM)
I had read about Full Metal Alchemist in <i>Anime Insider</i> two months before it was due to come out. I read that it was by the same people that did Wolf's Rain, but the story didn't exactly grasp me.

Come Thanksgiving, I was in the Hospital recovering from Spinal Fusion Surgery to correct my back. (Scoliosis) The first Thursday I was there, I woke up with the worst pain and had to push my beautiful morphine button (*pets it*) With that, since I was in a room alone, I decided to see that was on Adult Swim. I think it was the second half of Episode 3, because after seeing Ed lose his arm and leg with all of the BLOOD, I threw up and the nurse came in and shut it off. That following Saturday, I turned on the TV and it was on again. This being Episode 4, it scared me alot, and yet again I threw up.
Months later, fully recovered, I started watching Adult Swim for the heck of it again. (I had stopped when Wolf's Rain ended. I can't stand Inuyasha) Full Metal Alchemist came on and I said "Well shoot. It's that show I threw up from biggrin.gif!"
From there, I watched it every week, until I decided to download the fansubs.

Now I'm in total love with it.
[snapback]148853[/snapback]

Anime Insider is LOVE. <3

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

+Quote Post
Zarpia
post Apr 8 2005, 04:27 PM
Post #60

Rasta Maldita

Member No.: 4,384

I saw the commersials on Adultswim, and then a saw the 1st episode and i love it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 01:28 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css