How Did You Get To Know Fullmetal Alchemist?, Warning Potential Spoiler
Rating 5 V
KwiatekAlchemist
post Nov 5 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #421

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,538

I was searching for songs, then I came across a video that was a fullmetal alchemist opening song. (I forget which one it was) but anyways,
I heard of fma before and everyone says that it's awesome ect.. so I decided to check it out.
So after I watched the first episode I just fell in love with fma. xDD
That's how I got to know it ahaha,
just by searching songs (:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crimsonlightning...
post Nov 30 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #422

Citizen

Member No.: 70,991

I was hanging out with my best friend and she had us watch an episode of this new anime she found on adult swim. So we watched Episode 13: Fullmetal vs Flame. And I was hooked!

+Quote Post
Cold-Blooded-Alc...
post Dec 28 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #423

Citizen

Member No.: 72,349

I was stayin up real late on a school night. It was one of those nights where you just CAN NOT fall asleep. I turned on my tv to go on cartoonnetwork looking for my fave cartoons. I foundout adult swim was on >.> Then.....I saw the opening sequence with "Ready Steady Go!!!!" and I saw Ed and Al running down the road.
I was so shocked that it was in japanese...I had never seen an anime before...not a real one. I never counted pokemon as an anime.....>.>

I continued watching it and at friest it scared me (it was a pretty violent episode.) and I didn't watch it for about 2 years.

Then, I caught it again but on youtube, and all over the web, all over the anime dvd racks....I was like "HEY! I've seen that!"

I started watching it and I instantly fell inlove with it. MY first and all time fave anime that is now Fullmetal Alchemist. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Irena
post Dec 28 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #424

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,592

I believe it was my sister's friend - he showed it to her, and I got curious and wanted in on the action. xD I didn't start the manga until after the end of the first series, and I was like "Hey, this is even better! Why did I wait so long?"

+Quote Post
Luty Elric
post Jan 22 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #425

Citizen

Member No.: 72,381

Well, I was reading a book and there was something about uroboros. So I checked it at Google and found that the only manga/anime that used the symbol was FMA. I used to like anime, so I downloaded it, and liked so much. Now I'm addicted *---*

--------------------
Never try to make a person live again.

+Quote Post
sidekick.kep37
post Jan 23 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #426

Alchemists

From: The lair where the Sidekicks hang on their down time
Member No.: 67,873

The first time I was exposed to FMA was in WalMart. Seriously. My brother was chilling in the video game section as always and playing demos. While the Xbox (yes, this was the Xbox and PS2 era in video games) was being taken up, he gravitated to the open PS2 and began playing a game with a blonde guy with braid and robot-thingy. In fact, I really don't remember the instance, but my brother frequently tells me he tried to get my attention because he thought the game was fun. Unfortunately, I was (and still am) one of those Xbox enthusiasts, so I refused to even look at the game.

Anyways the way I got hooked was an episode that was pretty much all or nothing. If you watched the series and this ep was your first, you had to be taken. It was episode 25- the one where Hughes dies. My mom and I were home one Saturday night and my dad and brothers went out to a friend's. I was sitting in the living room, a 12 year old girl who knew she enjoyed anime but the only anime she ever watched were the "kid" stuff- Yu-Gi-Oh, Avatar, and the legendary Dragon Ball Z. So I browsed through Adult Swim, knowing they showed anime at this hour.

It was 12:03am I believe, when I settled to watch this show called 'FullMetal Alchemist' and some guy with black hair and glasses was grabbing another black haired guy who look pretty depressed in a dark, creepy room followed by lots of angsty dialogue. Then a theme song, which I thought to be pretty cool, and... "What's this? Why does that robot-fellow have a squeaky voice? Hmm.. interesting..." So I watched on and on and then Hughes discovery was made and then came the block of spoilers from below.

"Maria Ross has a mole under her left eye" says Hughes. I go "lolwut?" and the BLAM and then WTF??? that thing just... transformed itself into his wife... And then BOOM, sad music, and I really could not help the fact that I shed a few tears. Elysia's VA, jeez, she sure did an amazing job. I pride myself in being an emotionally strong person, but this was just downright depressing.

So by then, I was pretty much hooked. I even became an instant Royai fan too because of that episode. Haha. So, I told my bro about FMA saying the exact words "I need to see what happens to those kids when they find out he's dead" and the next Saturday my bro and I watch it and he says "Hey, they're from that game I played at WalMart" and so on and so forth. So I became addicted. I've gone through the start of 6th grade to my current middle year of 10th grade completely obsessed with this anime. I've watched other anime, for sure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Death Note, Blood +, Naruto, Bleach, but nothing really compromised my love for FMA since. Except... maybe Death Note :is shot:.

As for the manga, I was already a book weenie, but when I went to my bookstore and saw they had FMA in manga form, I went for it. I defintely got confused along the lab 5 arc because by then things were slowly starting to separate. So I stuck with the anime for a while. Then I went back to the manga when the series ended and the month long waits for the volumes to come out were unbearable, so by the end of 8th grade year, I started reading online and realized how much of the action I was really missing out on.

That... was long.

+Quote Post
Emily_BrokenAnge...
post Jan 24 2010, 11:28 PM
Post #427

Member No.: 32,325

Letīs say that a new tv-anime channel appeared and I wanted to look at it...
So, destiny or whatever, I *zapped* and there it was...FMA chapter 13 a comic scene

Then I had curiousity about that serie and thatīs how I get stucked in freak mode xD

--------------------

Hey there!! Are you a fan of Armony or EdXArmony?! Join us at our club!!. Im the president or agent , Nekokitty is the vice-president and Herumastaa Kanaru is our secretary
If you want to join us, please PM one of us. Also, when you become a member, put "Im a member of the EdXArmony club" or something similar in your signature xD

+Quote Post
fmadiva
post Jan 25 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #428

Citizen

Member No.: 47,009

I saw a commercial of Fullmetal Alchemist while I was watching Inuyasha. The thing that attracted me to the show was Ed's butt(I'm not lying I've never seen an anime character in leather pants and I thought it was so hot) after watching episode 2 I was hooked because it was sooo different and so much more realistic than any anime I've ever watched.

Plus it was the first time I discovered anime was called anime and after Fullmetal I dumped Inuyasha and just about all shojo. After seeing Roy's awesomeness and Episode 8 I was hooked for life.

--------------------
RoyxEd<3

+Quote Post
Saving_Grace
post Mar 2 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #429

Alchemists

Member No.: 33,782

QUOTE (fmadiva @ Jan 26 2010, 03:03 PM) *
I saw a commercial of Fullmetal Alchemist while I was watching Inuyasha.

^Pretty much the same (well, not the part about Ed's behind). I had just started to get into Inuyasha, which was the first anime that I ever really sat down and watched (that and Pokemon when I was little), then I found out they were replacing its slot with FMA. I was pretty annoyed, but I thought I might as well watch it & see what it was. So, with grumpy-expression intact, I sat through it and at the end decided it wasn't bad. The next night I watched the second ep. and became hooked; Inuyasha soon forgotten. So for the next few months, four days a week at 11pm, I snuck into the lounge to watch it. I guess it was meant to be, because my parents never caught me, and I never missed a single episode.

+Quote Post
Rainshine
post Mar 3 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #430

Member No.: 64,866

Did anyone else think that Alphonse was a robot when they first saw him? XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
KwiatekAlchemist
post Mar 3 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #431

Member No.: 70,538

Did anyone else think that Alphonse was a robot when they first saw him? XD

I did xD, although my first thought was "wtf is that thing? HOLY CRAP IT TALKS!"
laugh.gif

To add to my other post:
I searched songs from the band "Yellow Generation" (I think that's what it's called) and that is how I actually found out about fma.

+Quote Post
Disco Shrew
post Mar 6 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #432

Citizen

Member No.: 72,810

Watching AMVS on youtube, I'm like huh this looks cool why not google it, then I was hooked

--------------------
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary. The evil it does is permanent."

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Mar 7 2010, 03:43 AM
Post #433

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

I think mine is such a strange tale, but here goes. xD

Years ago, my brother was sat watching something, and I watched a little with him and neither of us liked it. Months later, we THOUGHT what we watched was FMA, so we spent AGES thinking it was such and we decided we hated it, even though all of my friends were so shocked to hear I didn't like it. It's all because I asked my brother and he said 'eer...was if FullMetal Alchemist?" And I stupidly took his word on it. xD

Then, years later, when the D.Gray-Man dub cast list was announced, I wanted to hear sound clips of Travis Willingham, who would be voicing Kanda, and obviously, clips of Roy came up on Youtube and I started to watch. And I thought 'hey, this wasn't what we watched all those years ago! This looks really good!' And from then on, I watched it and FMA has become my number one favourite manga and anime, as well as my brother's. xD And now it's also my sister's favourite.

Myself and my brother have never found out what we watched the first time. =/

--------------------

+Quote Post
heartwing713
post Mar 7 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #434

Citizen

Member No.: 71,431

I actually saw the original anime on adult swim right when it started airing, but I somehow managed to catch the episode where you see the product of Ed and Al's human transmutation writhing on the floor, and it freaked me out (I was about 10) and I changed the channel immediately because I thought it was some terribly scary, graphic show.

Then last year, my friend persuaded me to give it a second chance, and I ended up watching the entire first anime series in one weekend. XD After that, I was hooked, so I went and read all the manga chapters in existence at that time (up through about where brotherhood is now) in one day.

So now I spend my time counting the days until the 12th of every month and blabbering on this site's forums to pass the time XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spooky_Chan
post Mar 8 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #435

Citizen

Member No.: 71,183

...This is pretty stupid, but I got into FMA, because one of my friends did her hair like Ed one day, (despite it being brown) and i was all like, 'Cute hair' >> And she was all, 'Thanks, It's Edward's hairstyle from Fullmetal Alchemist.'
Then, she showed me the anime profile book, and I didn't think much of it. THEN(XD) about a year later, I went to Half-Price Books with my dad. I was browsing through the manga section, when the first volume caught my eye. 'oh my gosh!!! I've seen this!!' I thought as flipped through it. It was then, I fell in love, <3 and adopted the first two volumes. XDXD

((And now, I want the anime & manga profiles too. >>))

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 11:36 PM

Copyright Đ2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css