HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

135 Pages V  « < 133 134 135  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Edward & Winry! A.k.a. EdXWin., All EdxWin discussion here, but NO bashing please.
JPPCouto
post Jun 30 2011, 06:38 AM
Post #2011

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,276

Edwin is my favourite anime couple biggrin.gif

--------------------

VISIT MY WEBSITE: http://animefodaxe.co.cc
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hikarioneza
post Jul 2 2011, 08:17 AM
Post #2012

Citizen

Member No.: 81,059

I love Ed and Winry, they're much more than your typical "childhood friends falling in love" couple (Or, maybe they seem that way at first glance, but because of their history and all what they've been through, it's just ... different with them. If that even makes sense. tongue.gif)

Funnily enough, I only really love their relationship in the manga. I don't really think the the first anime portrayed their bond in the best way, and it most certainly wasn't a relationship I could see working. In Arakawa's original story, however, they have this amazing close bond, built on years of close friendship and trust, something which slowly but surely turned into something more. Its that kind of relationship were you can see that they're so right for each other. Even a relationship you can see lasting forever. I don't usually buy the childhood friends romance thing, because its tend to be done in a very shallow way (at least in other manga/anime I've have seen) but FMA manage to do this in the most realistic way possible. For example, we never see Winry gush about Ed, after she realised her love for him, and I always found that to be very sweet. wub.gif

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jul 27 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #2013

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@Dearheart It turns out that I could actually listen the majority of your playlist, after all. Only two or so of them were blocked in my region. That's such an awesome playlist...you have me addicted to these awesome EdxWin songs! wub.gif

@Sakuyahanabi Haha! Ooooh yes, I remember watching that video! laugh.gif

So, guys, I'm wondering here what your favourite EdxWin fanfics are? biggrin.gif

Also, if you have any EdxWin fanfics that you've written that you would like to share with us, that would be completely awesome, too! I'm sure all of us EdxWin fans would love to read it!

Although, remember, if you're going to link a fanfic, don't link anything rated above PG-13!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jul 27 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #2014

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

@Sakuyahanabi - Hahaaa...yep, I've seen that one. It's very OOC, but in a hilarious way. Which was kinda the point, I think. xD Oh Vic, I love you so much... (Gotta say, though, his improvised proposal to Winry (Caitlen) still takes the cake for me!)

(I'm glad most of my playlist worked out for you, Aria! Those songs are pretty addicting, aren't they?) wink.gif Ooohh, favorite EdWin fanfics? I haven't read a whole lot ('cause I'm not brave enough to venture into the FF.net archives anymore, lol!), but I will say...I think one of the greatest EdWin authors in the world is Tobu Ishi. She takes a lot of the blame for my obsession with EdWin. Not only are her stories and ideas wonderful, but she is SUPERB at keeping Ed and Winry in-character and developing them in believable, canon-friendly ways. And based on what little I've seen in EdWin fanfics, that's a rare thing.

Granted, she writes lots of other stuff besides EdWin, but she's brilliant at everything. (As if her english "Bratja" lyrics weren't a big enough testament to that, lol.) I highly recommend her work, especially "EdWin 100 Themes" (WONDERFUL STUFF), "Rosarium" and "Wired".

I do have some EdWin fanfics of my own up my sleeves, but most of them aren't done yet. xD I guess I can share this oneshot, for now: More Than Enough

I've also got these little music drabbles I whipped up recently. I'll go ahead and share them here, since they're so short... tongue.gif (Warning: depressing what-if/character death in this first one!)

---

"Unforgivable Sinner" - Lene Marlin

Swallowing back grief, Al pushes open the door and sees the shadow of what once was his brother, sitting slumped on the floor in a sea of books and alchemic formulas and half-completed (half-hoped) human transmutation circles - maps charted to nowhere to find the missing piece of them that can no longer be found.

"Ed?" He calls his name softly, steps into the study and drops to his knees in front him, silently begging his big brother to look up, to come back him, to remember how to live.

"I never told her," says Edward, in a voice as empty as his eyes. "She waited, and waited, but I never told her and she...she never knew, and now she's gone and it's...too late to say it." A sudden, unexpected wave of pain crashes through the numbness and he chokes on tears that won't come. "She never knew I loved her."

"Brother, it's alright." Alphonse blinks back his own tears and reaches out to squeeze Ed's shoulder in fervent reassurance. "She did know. She did, I promise."

"How do you know?" Edward lifts his head at last. Their eyes meet, and Al manages a rueful smile.

"Because I told her."

~ all the feelings that you hide
gonna tear you up inside
you hope she knows you tried ~

"Blah Blah Blah" - Rockapella

Ed wakes up from a long, deeply satisfying nap and hears Al and Winry snickering from the seat across from him. The train screeches to a noisy halt and he winces. "Didn't need that eardrum, anyway," he grumbles, stifling a yawn and sitting up to stretch his arms. The snickering increases.

"What?" he demands, shooting a suspicious glare at them. Al hastily hides something behind his armored back. Winry just points and giggles even harder. Confused and irritated, Edward turns to look out the window - and sees his own face staring back at him from the glass, covered in big, black, scrawling doodles. The offending marker drops to the floor as Al and Winry collapse against each other in howling laughter, immensely pleased with themselves.

Until Edward picks it up, grinning devilishly, and pulls the cap off with a sinister pop.

"Al?" Winry whispers, inching out of her seat. "Do you think we should run now?"

~ why you wanna go and do me like you do?
why you wanna beat me blue? ~

"Vanilla Twilight" - Owl City

I wish you were here. Edward signs his name at the bottom, carefully folds the letter and slips it in an envelope, along with a picture of him soaked in seawater and grinning broadly next to his latest adventure: a great white shark, three times his size, hanging high and ready for the upcoming feast. He addresses the back of the envelope slowly, as if to savor the destination he's sending it to; then leans back in his chair with a sigh and gazes out at the starry night, and wonders if she's looking up at it too.

A week later, Winry runs to the mailbox as if her life depends on it, yanks it open and fumbles with the contents inside, blue eyes scanning them all over for the one name she yearns to see. A tiny laugh of delight escapes her lips when she finds it; and she hugs the envelope to her chest, just for a moment, before she tears it open to drink in what's inside.

~ 'cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
but I'll miss your arms around me
I'd send a postcard to you, dear
'cause I wish you were here ~

"The Journey" - X-Ray Dog

When he commits the greatest sin,
she will forgive him.

When he suffers the consequences and loses everything he holds dear,
she will give all she has to offer.

When he can't stand on his own,
she will teach him how to walk again.

When he burns down the past in the name of making a future,
she will salvage the memories worth keeping.

When he has no home and no light to pierce the darkness,
she will provide hers.

When he leaves,
she will wait for his return.

When he wavers,
she will hold him steady.

When he won't listen to reason,
she will knock some sense into him.

When he struggles with demons,
she will fight with him.

When he breaks,
she will fix it and forge it stronger.

When he refuses to cry,
she will wash his pain in her own tears.

When he cannot love himself,
she will.

And when he finally conquers the odds,
she will be there to say:
Idiot. Welcome home.

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Aug 6 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #2015

Group Icon

@Dearheart Yes, those songs really ARE addicting! xP And yeah, I've read Tobu Ishi's works in the past and I can say easily that she has amazing EdxWin fics! biggrin.gif I too, would recommend, to anyone, her EdWin 100 themes!

And your oneshots are brilliant! I LOVE More Than Enough, because I love EdxWin and Ed and Al brotherly love!! I totally agree that Ed would never pick one over the other. wub.gif I love the interaction between Ed and Winry in your fic, because I'm a huuuuuuge sucker for fluff! blush.gif

And your drabbles are brilliant!! I love the last one especially! wub.gif Each word/sentence is so true for how Ed and Winry work. I can tell easily tell that will be one of the pieces I'll always come back to read again.

To answer my own question....our very own Dearheart's EdWin works are definitely among my list of favourites! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Aug 6 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #2016

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

<Program note>

Sakuyahanabi, Dearheart, Dark-Winds, A Pierrot's Aria, Hikarioneza, and allykatty1, I moved the series of EdxWin discussion you guys are having to Thread for EdxWin Fans who had finished reading/watching FMA Manga/FMA:Brotherhood thread so that you don't have to add <Series Final Spoiler Warning!> on your post every time you mention some series final spoiler content. biggrin.gif Please continue this discussion there. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Sep 11 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #2017

Group Icon

Greetings, fellow EdxWinry fans!

So we all love EdWin and/or Edward and Winry on this thread, and I'm sure they're one of the reasons you love this amazing series so much! So we'd love to see what you can up with to show fellow FMA fans how much you love Fullmetal Alchemist in the run up to FMA day (Oct 3rd)--and this can be done through your favourite characters and/or couples!

We're hosting a "Don't Forget FMA" Event here on the board and we'd love for everyone to take part. You can do this by submitting fanfictions/essays/general prose, AMVs/MMVs/Fan Music and fanart/fanworks/cosplay. The event has already started and ends midnight 3rd October (in your respective time zone.) 3rd October is a very prominent date for us FMA fans, so we'd love to see what you come up with! You can find more info here.

You can also take part in Dearheart's Project Don't forget, which is a fantastic project in which you can share your stories about what FMA means to you/how it has impacted you. Read more info on that here.

We hope to see you participating in the event!

--------------------

+Quote Post

135 Pages V  « < 133 134 135
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2016 - 07:42 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css