HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

135 Pages V  « < 132 133 134 135 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Edward & Winry! A.k.a. EdXWin., All EdxWin discussion here, but NO bashing please.
edxwinryfan
post May 4 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #1996

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,190

I forgot about EdxWin day too... Happy belated EdxWin day! wub.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post May 4 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #1997

Alchemists

Member No.: 64,903

I didn't forget about EdWin Day, but I was too busy with schoolwork to do anything. >.< But I'm working on a really pretty EdWin video, and I did slap together a special playlist in honor of this awesome couple:

Ed x Winry - Sun and Sky

Hope you enjoy it! Lemme know if you have any favorites! biggrin.gif Happy belated EdWin day everyone!!

--------------------

Dear pain, it's been a long time.
Remember when you were holding me tight?
I would stay awake with you all night...

~ -:- ~
Ed art by NellaTheFairy on deviantART.
EdWin lovers, click here!

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 22 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #1998

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Greetings, my fellow EdxWin fans!

Here's a shameless plug for the board's FMA festival! If anyone has any EdxWin/Ed/Winry-related contributions to make for this year's FMA Fan Fun Festival, whether it be fanarts, fanfics, AMVs/MMVs, singing, cooking and craft works, feel free to take part! It's a celebration for our love for FMA and Ed and Winry are fantastic FMA characters; be they together or as individuals. You can get more info on the festival activities in the FMA Fan Fun Festival thread. biggrin.gif I thought I'd give it a mention just in case people would like to share their love of FMA, as a fan, through their favourite couple/characters! There are also other cool FMA activities to check out, too!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 23 2011, 05:55 AM
Post #1999

Citizen

Member No.: 73,547

^ Cool, I'll be sure to check the thread out. smile.gif

And why is this thread so dead? Come on ppl, you know EdWin is just as awesome as Royai, show this couple some love, too, dammit! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 28 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #2000

Alchemists

Amen to that!! I keep trying to wake it up, but nothing happens. C'mon, I can't be the only fan who's enthusiastically fangirly for this pairing...can I? sad.gif Now I feel depressed...

Okay, let me try again...HEY. EDWIN FANS. WAKE. UP. *whacks everyone with pillows* Tell me what you think Ed and Winry's "theme song" is, and why! Or else I will wack you with pillows again!!

I think their theme song would either have to be "Fix You" by Coldplay, or "Pieces" by RED. The lyrics for both are pretty much EdWin in a nutshell, I think. wub.gif What do you guys think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 28 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #2001

Group Icon

*Hangs head in shame* Seeing as EdWin is my OTP, I'm currently kicking myself for not attempting to keep this thread alive!

I think one of the theme songs for Ed and Winry would definitely have to be Harbour by Vienna Teng. I heard this song about two years ago and instantly thought it was a perfect fit for EdWin. I believe I actually posted it a long while ago in the character/couples song thread...

I think the whole song fits them perfectly; particularly the last verse:

"You've got a journey to make
There's your horizon to chase
So go far beyond where we stand
No matter the distance
I'm holding your hand
"

wub.gif

I mean, it just encompasses Ed and Winry's situation so well: While Ed is always travelling (to get Al's body back etc etc), Winry will always be waiting for him and thinking/worrying/caring about him no matter where he is. And he always will have her to come back to. happy.gif

*Shields self from further pillow attacks* laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 28 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #2002

Alchemists

Oh gosh, I LOVE THAT SONG. (Vienna Teng is so brilliant; she's like the Arakawa of music. trufax.) And it really does fit them like a glove. Sometimes I think Vienna (Warning --Potential end of series spoilers ahead) went forward in time, read chapter 108, then came back and wrote that song just for EdWin. (Or at least the last ten pages of the manga.) xD And besides that, the lyrics are just plain gorgeous. Her lyrics are poetry. <3

"Fix You" is obvious, and I'm pretty sure most of us here are familiar with that song. "Pieces" isn't nearly as famous (though it deserves to be), but it's kind of the Ed-version of Fix You...

I'm here again, a thousand miles away from you
A broken mess, just scattered pieces of who I am
I tried so hard, thought I could do this on my own
I've lost so much along the way

Then I'll see your face, I know I'm finally yours
I find everything I thought I lost before
You call my name, I come to you in pieces
So you can make me whole

*sniffles* Makes me tear up every time...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 28 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #2003

Citizen

Hey, look at that, this thread seems to be alive after all! biggrin.gif

I so agree with you, Vienna Teng is brilliant, and her music is so EdWin. <3

Dearheart, did you make that amazing EdWin mmv on youtube, with 'Erics song'? (Your name is almost the same as that youtube user, and the song is, well, by Vienna Teng) - It was the very first EdWin mmv I ever saw, and I think it's beautiful. I still watch it from time to time. wink.gif

Edit; hold on, I just clicked at your sig - it is you who made it. As I said before, it was the very first manga!EdWin vid I watched, back when I didn't really knew anything about the FMA manga, but only watched the original anime. Your vid was partly my inspiration to actually read the manga (as I saw it was loaded with EdWin moments)

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 28 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #2004

Alchemists

Ahaha...yep, I made that one. (My internet username is ALWAYS either Dearheart, or Dearheart42. I float around in a lot of places.) It was my first-ever EdWin video, and I'm still pretty proud of it. happy.gif I'm glad you like it so much! "Eric's Song" is a great match for EdWin...and Royai too. Lol, when I said Vienna Teng was the Arakawa of music, I wasn't joking! wink.gif

EDIT: Oh, awesome! I'm glad I indirectly managed to pull someone into the manga! I have a love/hate relationship with both animes, but the manga is near-perfect IMO. (Of course, all the EdWin moments don't hurt at all.) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 28 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #2005

Group Icon

@Dearheart I adore the song, too! You also made great choices for the other theme songs with Fix You and Pieces. The lyrics you posted from Pieces are so fitting! They made me tear up just reading them. (I don't think I've ever actually heard the song before! ohmy.gif *Goes to listen*)

And you're right, Vienna Teng seriously is the Arakawa of music!

Talking about EdWin has made me decide it's about time to have an EdWin themed avatar/sig. wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 28 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #2006

Citizen

A Pierriot's Aria, the pic looks so official! Is it? ohmy.gif I'm sorry if this is a case of 'You-Should-Know-This-Already', I don't usually spend much time in the fandom (but I figured it would be a good way to improve my English a bit)

Btw, now that we're talking about songs that fit EdWin...

I think that 'Morningside' by Sara Bareillies fit their relationship pretty nicely from Winry's POV. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 28 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #2007

Group Icon

@Sakuyahanabi The pic is official! tongue.gif Here's the full pic: wub.gif (And hey, we can't know everything! xP)

And I'll have to take a listen to the song you mentioned! ohmy.gif

@Dearheart I listened to Pieces and I love it!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dearheart
post Jun 28 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #2008

Alchemists

Ahh, that picture melts me into a puddle of happy fangirl goo everytime I look at it... <3333 I listened to that song, Saku; it's very catchy! biggrin.gif

Ooh! I have a PERFECT song for Winry/EdWin! "Sticking With You" by Addison Road:

Come on, it's me you're talking to
There's something going on inside of you
Don't have to say it, but I wish you would
'Cause it would be much easier

You always hide behind yourself
You walk a lonely road with no one's help
I hate to break the news
You're headed for a fall

And if I have to jump, then I'll jump
And I won't look down
You can cry, you can fight
We can scream and shout
I'll push and pull until your walls come down
And you understand I'm gonna be around
I'm sticking with you

Haha, I'm loving all this EdWin-song-swapping. This is fun. biggrin.gif (I'm really glad you liked "Pieces", Pierrot! It's such a wonderful song and hardly anyone knows about it, lol...) BTW, just to give you guys a heads-up, most of the songs I'm sharing are already on my "Sun and Sky" playlist. If you're in the mood for some EdWin goodness, or just awesome music in general, feel free to tune in whenever you want! Every song fits the pairing like a glove and is guarantied to satisfy your inner fangirl. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 28 2011, 07:48 PM
Post #2009

Group Icon

@Sakuyahanabi Morningside it a pretty cool song for Winry's POV! biggrin.gif

@Dearheart Wow! That song really is fitting for Winry/EdWin! Winry would love for Ed to finally let his emotions out once in a while, through crying etc.

(Yeah, Pieces is now going on my mp3 player. xP I find it's usually the lesser known songs that are some of the best. laugh.gif)

Funnily enough, the next song I was going to share was If My Heart Was a House by Owl City and amazingly, I see it's already on your playlist! xP That's a great theme song for EdWin! I'd say my reasons for this are pretty much the same as to why I think Harbour by Vienna Teng is a great EdWin theme song. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, I can't actually listen to your playlist because it's blocked in my country due to licensing restrictions. wacko.gif I would have loved to have listened to it!

Uuuh...there's another song that I think fits EdWin (and also HohoTrisha, come to think of it) but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. My sister got me to listen to it a while ago, but I never got the chance to save the song. I'll have to ask her about it and report back here. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dark-Winds
post Jun 28 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #2010

Apprentice

Member No.: 75,903

Oh! I've got some pretty good Edwin songs! But first and foremost, I love the song "Pieces" by Red smile.gif That song has always reminded me of Ed to Winry! Great pick!

Here's a song that reminds me of Winry to Ed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BTOWo_8vc

It's call "Homeless Heart" by Amanda Stott. I think it will be very obvious why this song reminds me of them when you listen to it biggrin.gif

And I've got another one! This also reminds me of Winry to Ed (and even Al! Not romantically of course lol) It's called "It's Me" by Nevertheless. I'll even include one of my favorite Edwin AMVs for you guys to watch with the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m28811PkLR0...9707A4D4383B7A2

This song really reminds me of Winry to Ed because no matter where he goes or what he does, she'll always be there waiting for him happy.gif It also shows how she'll always be there for him when ever he needs her.

--------------------

Roy x Riza - Edward x Winry - Ling x Lan Fan - Alphonse x Mei - Havoc x Rebecca

+Quote Post

135 Pages V  « < 132 133 134 135 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 01:41 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css