HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"3 Oct 10" Or "3 Oct 11"?, Looking to buy an FMA watch - which one?
Tombow
post Jun 2 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #76

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE(Menelvir @ May 31 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]548769[/snapback]
Hmm... I suppose this is slightly off-topic, but pardon me for being a total Winry here... How do you open up the watch? Like to change batteries and stuff? Mine's something like Ed-Elric's first picture. And the back is blank and sealed tightly. >.<

@Menelvir - I don't have one, so I'm just guessing, but around the side where the front half and the back half meet, do you see some indented/slit area where you can apply an edge of a coin, or a knife, or something, then twist the coin or knife or whatever, to ply/wedge open the watch?

Attached File  picofwatch.JPG ( 12.17K ) Number of downloads: 34

QUOTE(snorlax422 @ Jun 2 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]549311[/snapback]
I bought one last night! I think it might say Oct 11 though.

@snorlax422 - Yeah, FMA manga and FMA anime got different dates (one day year difference,) so technically, both are correct, I think. biggrin.gif

ETA: Oops, actually Menelvir with the post below is correct. Not one day, but one year difference. Thanks for catching it, Menelvir!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Menelvir
post Jun 5 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #77

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,907

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jun 3 2007, 05:45 AM) [snapback]549395[/snapback]
@Menelvir - I don't have one, so I'm just guessing, but around the side where the front half and the back half meet, do you see some indented/slit area where you can apply an edge of a coin, or a knife, or something, then twist the coin or knife or whatever, to ply/wedge open the watch?

Thanks Tombow! By the way, I did manage to get it open in the end. My mistake was trying to pry it open using my nails. That's why the little gap between the front and the back wouldn't budge, after I hunted around for my dad's little screwdriver (those you use for spectacles or watches), I managed to get it open. Should have thought of that earlier...

QUOTE(Tombow @ Jun 3 2007, 05:45 AM) [snapback]549395[/snapback]
@snorlax422 - Yeah, FMA manga and FMA anime got different dates (one day difference,) so technically, both are correct, I think.

Actually, they're a year apart, not a day. I think FMA follows the English date system (day/month/year), since it's set in early 20th century Europe. So the date in the watch will be the 3rd of October 1910 or 1911, depends on whether you're following the anime or the manga. =)

--------------------

~A painless lesson is one without any meaning; There is no coming to consciousness without pain~

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

+Quote Post
~Kurenai~
post Jun 18 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #78

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 36,779

don't forget 3 oct 10 is the day they burned their house down oops nvm. question already answered

+Quote Post
Grayfox189
post Mar 12 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #79

Citizen

Member No.: 67,118

Guys I got one today they are being sold at a store in a Californian mall called "Toon Town" the mall is called Stonewood. But the problem with it is in the back it has a little engraving that says "FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST" it isn't that big but still also it comes with a little necklace its cheap metal but still pretty cool. The watch is based on the manga version though and says "Don't forget 3. Oct. 11".... just trying to help people out who are in the area smile.gif

EDIT: :s I realized how old this topic is.... lol sorry for bumping :S

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 02:18 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css