Edwin 100 Themes, an exercise in spontaneity... <3
Rating 5 V
tempest_Strife
post Mar 21 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #31

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,631

Wow... I almost cried when I saw that episode with the lanturn, and revisiting the subject was definatly agreat idea. I also like how you metioned "well oiled hinges", signifying that it's not a simple gesture but somthing that she puts a lot of work into. Great job!

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yukina_Raven
post Mar 21 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #32

Alchemists

Member No.: 4,976

Oh... "Only" made me sniffle. How very, very, very, very, very... VERY sweet! T____T I absoulutly LOVED the detail in that one, too. It was just... beautiful and perfect. I saw it all perfectly with my mind's eye. Lovely!

--------------------

(Sig copyrighted to Hikusa.)
Winter in Germany - POST SERIES! EdXWinry - Ed is trying to cope with his new life on the other side of the Gate. But now he must decide: Does he love Winry or her relfection? *COMPLETE*
My December - Sequel to 'Winter in Germany'; Ed returns after leaving again for 4 years after his return from the Gate. What awaits him is a very different place and a very broken Winry.
Brothers - A collection of short stories of Ed & Al's childhood. Implied EdXWinry.
Silkspun Dreams - Various EdxWinry one shots

+Quote Post
ed's secret ...
post Mar 21 2005, 03:42 PM
Post #33

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,674

Awesome... Can't wait for more!

+Quote Post
Phyco girl
post Mar 21 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #34

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 7,070

Great like always! You do such a great job Tobu! I really loved that last thme. I think I'll print it out once I get home from spring break! GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR THEMES!!!

+Quote Post
Le Monkey
post Mar 22 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #35

Major General

Member No.: 2,167

I love this.. Please carry on now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Mar 22 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #36

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

Theme 10 – Love or like?

“Do you love her?” Al asked him once, during one of his and Winry’s rare visits to Dublith. Ed choked on his bite of fish, coughing spasmodically, and it took several good whacks on the back and a swig of water out of a contritely offered canteen to get him breathing again.

When things had calmed down, the brothers sat gazing out across the lake again, dangling their legs over the edge of the cliff, while Ed thought over the question carefully. If Winry had been there with them, he might have answered differently; but she understood her old friends and their close bond very well, and had stayed behind at Izumi’s to make herself useful at the butcher shop, while the brothers caught up on things with a few days’ trip to Jack Island.

So it was just Al and him, and he could afford to be perfectly honest without causing himself any trouble. For that matter, ten years ago the question would have been much more loaded; but Al’s childhood crush on Winry had mellowed into a simpler, fiercely loyal affection. The worst he could expect if Al didn’t like his answer was a punch in the face, and that was normal, and quite tolerable compared to the guilt of possibly breaking his brother’s far-too-tender heart.

The sun sank toward the horizon and the waves beat a slow, soft rhythm against the shore as they sat in companionable silence, gnawing their roasted fish down to the bones. Ed thought over the last twenty-something years, from childhood play, to the searing pain and absolute trust of automail surgery, to the uncountable hours of teasing and talking over repairs, to the years of loneliness in another world, missing her smile as much as the limbs she’d given him. He weighed her bossiness and selfishness and eccentricity and occasional bouts of violence, against her cheerfulness and natural empathy and mechanical genius and the way her fingers lingered in his hair when she kissed him. And he thought of the utter contentment of knowing that, when this trip was over and they paddled their boat back to the shore, she would be waiting for him, ready to set out on their travels again. Together.

“Yeah,” he said at last, tossing the stick that held the remains of his dinner into the lakewater that moved sunset-red below them, and turned to his brother with a smile. “You know, I think I do.”

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Mar 22 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #37

Alchemists

Theme 11 – “Is it okay to cry?”

The problem was not that Edward never cried.

Winry had watched him cry after his mother’s death until he had no tears left and the sobs came dry and hard and shook his small frame like the ravages of a disease. She’d seen him weeping brokenly after they’d survived her kidnapping, his hands over his eyes as if he could blot out a world where madmen stole children and sliced them apart in front of each other, feeding on their fear. It was her hand that wiped away the tears that squeezed grudgingly from his tightly-shut eyes, while the calibrating jolts rocked his nerves until they burned raw and he convulsed helplessly on the surgical table. And she heard clearly the tears choking at the back of his throat as he screamed his fury at the well-meaning friends who had kept the secret of Hughes’ death from him.

No, the problem was not that Edward didn’t cry. But his tears were always in and of the moment, a violent outpouring that occurred only when his emotions had swelled to the overflowing point. Edward cried openly and freely, but if given the chance to think first, he swallowed his tears, forcing them back down to distill inside him like the poisonous stone he was pouring his life into finding.

And that was what frightened Winry. Not the streaked and swollen face that followed his mother’s death, but the exhausted and grimly calm one that he presented at her funeral, clutching his brother’s hand and staring at nothing. Edward bottled up his grief until it forced its way free in those rare moments of mindless shock, bursting out in an explosion of pent-up stress and anger and pain, so that he cried until he could hardly breathe and then wiped his face and tucked down the corners of his dignity and started the whole destructive process over again.

She hated it, and that was why she cried for him, hoping that something in her tears would release the pain perpetually building inside him. He did it to be strong, she knew; to put on a brave face for Alphonse, and to keep himself safe from a world that preyed on the small and the weak. He was already small, bless his poor heart. He could not afford to be weak, and she knew it. But she could at least show him her own weakness; and perhaps someday he would understand.

With her, he was safe.

And with her, it was okay to cry.

--------------------

boy.

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Mar 22 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #38

Alchemists

Theme 12 – Lucky charm

He picked it off the sidewalk in a moment of confusion, matching it to the other screws in his arm with a puzzled frown. It was still wet with ice water from the truck that had taken her away. The sun glinted from its curved head like a bright spark, setting off a leap of logic that saved her life.

He tucked it in his pocket before he ran off in hot pursuit of her, and later when he was tied helpless and bleeding among the slaughtered pigs, he stretched shaking fingers out to pull it free, forcing himself to scratch the array slowly into his metal bonds with its sharp tip, as fear hammered wild and sour at the back of his throat.

When all was over and done and he’d cried himself empty on the steps outside and slept the sleep of the broken in a borrowed bed, he dragged himself back there, ducking under the layers of police tape and walking among the frozen carcasses until he reached the spot where his blood still spattered the floor. The screw was there, too, rolled up against one of the table legs. He’d poured out his pain and fear and blood and tears to rescue the girl to whom it belonged. He picked it up gingerly, rolling it between his fingers as he left the slaughterhouse behind him like a bad dream.

He kept it in his pocket, after that day when it saved both their lives. Sometimes he took it out to roll it in his hand again, the metal ridges calming in their familiarity, but mostly he just left it safe in his pocket, tucked in a corner where it wouldn’t fall out and get lost. It remained there like a stone in his shoe, always reminding him of how useful she was to him, and how precious.

--------------------

boy.

+Quote Post
ed's secret ...
post Mar 22 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #39

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,674

Awesome. mellow.gif ........ biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Mar 23 2005, 12:42 PM
Post #40

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

zomg, tobuchan 12? spectacular! what an image! i hadn't really put that much thought into that...that's such a great idea! you rock! three more masterpieces, my friend. the imagery in 11 was heart-wrenching, and ed choking on his fish will have me giggling all day. lovely work, as always. <3

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
tempest_Strife
post Mar 23 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 8,631

*Imagines Al punching Ed after #10*

AlWin! AlWin!! J/K! tongue.gif

Hehe.. I wondered why that talk never came up in the series... I guess they were always too busy with other issues.

#11 and #12 were great too. I wouldn't think Ed the type for lucky charms, but Winry might bring that out in him.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Yukina_Raven
post Mar 23 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #42

Alchemists

Very lovely, as always! #11 was most certainly my favorite, espically the words you used to describe it all. Just... beautiful. I really love how you weave your words together. I envy your talent for it! More please! happy.gif

--------------------

Winter in Germany - POST SERIES! EdXWinry - Ed is trying to cope with his new life on the other side of the Gate. But now he must decide: Does he love Winry or her relfection? *COMPLETE*
My December - Sequel to 'Winter in Germany'; Ed returns after leaving again for 4 years after his return from the Gate. What awaits him is a very different place and a very broken Winry.
Brothers - A collection of short stories of Ed & Al's childhood. Implied EdXWinry.

+Quote Post
Spectacal
post Mar 23 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #43

Citizen

Member No.: 8,778

siiiggghhh...
each and every one of these shorts are beautiful in each and every way. they just make me sniffle with fluff-n'-love smile.gif i love the references to the episodes, rather than making up all of their experiences like many fanfictions.
you can count on me continuing to read biggrin.gif keep up the good work

+Quote Post
Sonic-Teal
post Mar 23 2005, 08:02 PM
Post #44

Apprentice

Member No.: 10,260

Keep going dude. Sorry to say this Yukina but i like this more the A Winter in Germany, please don't bring torches and pitchforks to my door *Runs from computer* It was still very good though.

--------------------
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS"
-Leeroy My WoW hereo
Also watch this funniest thing ever
http://guild.wowcentral.com/leroy.wav

+Quote Post
Yukina_Raven
post Mar 24 2005, 02:11 PM
Post #45

Alchemists

*Laughs* No worries, Sonic-Teal. This is way better than any of my fics by a looooooong shot. Tobu Ishi is a much better writer to boot. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2016 - 09:11 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css