Closed TopicStart new topic
Lyla's Body - In Episode 44
odoridan
post Aug 19 2004, 03:14 PM
Post #61

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 199

I don't think it is perfume or the smell of rotting flesh. It's probably some pungent odour that is a byproduct of dead bodies + red stones. Or a byproduct of some crazy alchemy substance. Maybe it's just a commonly used chemical used to preserve dead bodies like formaldehyde. That could explain why Dante and Hohenheim smell the same if they both used the same chemical.

As pwx said, I don't think perfume can be mistaken for the smell of rotting flesh. Otherwise Lt.Ross, who commented on Hohenheim's nice perfume, seems to like guys who stink of rotting flesh. biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Hagane_*
post Aug 19 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #62

Guests

QUOTE(dogbtie @ Aug 14 2004, 09:04 PM)
+i believe hohenheim created pride(something in the op that had a paper talking about pride,plus men are full of pride)

Hehe. It doesn't say "Pride", it says "Pale". Look closer.
"Pale white bla bla bla"

Dunno if anyone's already said this though. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_Hagane_*
post Aug 19 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #63

Guests

QUOTE(dogbtie @ Aug 14 2004, 09:04 PM)
+i believe hohenheim created pride(something in the op that had a paper talking about pride,plus men are full of pride)

Hehe. It doesn't say "Pride", it says "Pale". Look closer.
"Pale white bla bla bla"

Dunno if anyone's already said this though. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 19 2004, 04:45 PM
Post #64

Guests

Seriously, what do some people think with? tongue.gif

1) Look. If it wasn't perfume, then why would Hoenheim tell Dante that he couldn't miss the perfume's scent? ^^
And Ross talked about his "delicate perfume". I somehow find it hard to believe that rotten flesh smells delicate.

2) Hoenheim MUST have created Envy. Proof:

Envy and Greed knew eachother before Greed was sealed. They are about the same age, that is. (As are Dante (Greed's creator) and Hoenheim.)

Envy said "I can never forgive you, since you carry that bastards blood" to Ed in the Fifth Laboratory. Seems like he's pissed at the one who brought him back, since the blood Ed carries is Hoenheim's.

3) Dante is That Person. Watch the serie's again, or kill yourself. ^^ The Homonculus didn't exactly refer to him as their Master when he entered and kicked some butt, did they?
Nope. Gluttony followed Dante's words and attacked him.
(Plus, they bowed to her in the beginning of ep. 44)

4) I wonder if Dante really had a reason to resurrect Greed (whatever he was called when he was "alive"). Maybe she just used him to be able to use alchemy without a t.circle... Greed got pissed, Greed refuses to follow Dante's orders, bla bla.

Now for a theories.

There are huge differences between the manga and the anime. But in several places, they are the same.
In the Fifth Laboratory (in the manga), Envy and the gang spares Ed's life because That Person had told them to. Something about him being a good sacrifice. They're talking about sacrifices a bunch in the manga. Maybe we will find out about them in the anime to, that Dante plans to make sacrifices to become a God.

In 44, she says that humans cannot become Gods, and glares at Rose's baby. Worthy sacrifice, or something?
I think there is something about that old relgion she talked about... She might be from it?

Please fill me in if there is anything I have missed. ^^ I might have forgotten stuff from the series, and I don't want to sound stupid so. ^^

Haven't read the whole forum either, so I don't know if the things I have mentioned already have been discussed.

+Quote Post
pwx
post Aug 19 2004, 05:49 PM
Post #65

Citizen

Member No.: 456

4) I don't think so. Greed seems to refer to Dante as an old friend. This could be sarcasm I suppose but to me it seems like he's going in clueless to who Dante really was.

Good theory about sacrifices though.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 19 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #66

Guests

QUOTE("Guest")
2) Hoenheim MUST have created Envy. Proof:

Envy and Greed knew eachother before Greed was sealed. They are about the same age, that is. (As are Dante (Greed's creator) and Hoenheim.)

Envy said "I can never forgive you, since you carry that bastards blood" to Ed in the Fifth Laboratory. Seems like he's pissed at the one who brought him back, since the blood Ed carries is Hoenheim's.
That is really no proof to say Hoe created Envy. Does hating someone mean that that person created you? So the Palestinians hate the Israelis because the Israelis created them? Is the current anti-American sentiment running in Middle East due to American scientists creating them?

There are tonnes of reasons that Envy could hate Hoe and his blood. Hoe could be the constant opposition to Dante's plans, being a thorn in their side at all times. Hoe could have rejected Dante, leading Envy who may be deeply in love with Dante to hate the person who hurt Dante. Hoe could have kicked Envy's butt many many times throughout the century. Hoe could have promised to help Envy do something long ago but betrayed Envy. Hoe could have...

QUOTE("Guest")
There are huge differences between the manga and the anime. But in several places, they are the same.
In the Fifth Laboratory (in the manga), Envy and the gang spares Ed's life because That Person had told them to. Something about him being a good sacrifice. They're talking about sacrifices a bunch in the manga. Maybe we will find out about them in the anime to, that Dante plans to make sacrifices to become a God.

Uh the purpose which Envy spared Ed's life in the 5th Lab is different in manga and anime. Manga - Human Sacrifice Candidate. Anime - I want you to make the philosopher's stone. No talk about Ed being a sacrifice in the anime. The only sacrifices then in the anime are those prisoners.

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Aug 20 2004, 06:02 AM
Post #67

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

Envy turned Homunculus by Hohenheim...

Hohenheim and Dante went Izumi and Seig (Sig?) on us, making a defective baby and performing Human Transmuation on it... Eew.

Nooo~ I don't think that's it.

Manga Envy also hates the Elrics? Hmm, gotta re-read those volumes..

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 20 2004, 07:49 AM
Post #68

Guests

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 20 2004, 01:20 AM)
That is really no proof to say Hoe created Envy. Does hating someone mean that that person created you? So the Palestinians hate the Israelis because the Israelis created them? Is the current anti-American sentiment running in Middle East  due to American scientists creating them?

It's an anime. Not real life, dude.
Well, they leave clues saying Hoenheim created Envy, same as they left clues that Dante had taken over Lyra.
Hoenheim doesn't seem to have bothered them until now (seeing as Gluttony and Lust didn't recognize Hoenheim).
Doh. He might as well have tried to ressurect Gluttony. He seems to be the same age as Envy and Greed.
I'm sticking with Envy.

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 20 2004, 01:20 AM)
Uh the purpose which Envy spared Ed's life in the 5th Lab is different in manga and anime. Manga - Human Sacrifice Candidate. Anime - I want you to make the philosopher's stone. No talk about Ed being a sacrifice in the anime. The only sacrifices then in the anime are those prisoners.

Read again, please. I was talking about the manga, not both. Again: In the manga, they are looking for worthy sacrifices. Don't know what it's for (haven't read all of it yet), but they are. Since some things appear in the manga way before the anime (Like, the Fuhrer being a Homonculus), they might be looking for sacrifices in the anime too. Maybe that's what Dante is planning to do with Roze's baby.

+Quote Post
Mind Alchemist
post Nov 22 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #69

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 41,344

My theory is that, when dante transferd her soul form one body to another, she was not able to transfer her full soul and left a little behind, so now, what she has left cannot sustain a body, so the body is kinda like half dead, so thats why its like rotting. ....... i donno this just a theory.

--------------------

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your signature.

Igne Natura Renavatur Integra

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Nov 22 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #70

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

^you were really bored weren't you....2004 last post!?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Triple_Soul_Alchemist_*
post Nov 22 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #71

Guests

...Hasn't this question been solved already, both stateside and Japanside?

Yay necrophilia

+Quote Post
Kitty Chow
post Dec 18 2006, 09:13 AM
Post #72

Apprentice

Member No.: 42,844

it's because of the Philosopher's stone, it takes away a portion of her soul for equivalent exchange everytime she exchanges bodies...the philoshopher's stone can't last forever, u'll understand when u watch the rest of the series ^^

--------------------
{{~Kitty-Chan~}}
I LOVE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!! GO EDWARD ELRIC!! ^^

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Dec 18 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #73

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

^^ And, that was the last straw... To prevent any more drive-by posters adding any more posts to this 2004 thread, I'm closing this one. sleep.gif

Contains information. Please do not delete this thread. ^^ ~Tombow

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2016 - 06:12 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css