Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tsuzureori, Roiai 100 Themes
Fresh_Coffee
post May 7 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #61

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,780

I like the mention of me in the second story.

Coffee ~ XD

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
POTOPHREAK
post May 9 2005, 06:05 AM
Post #62

Alchemists

Member No.: 13,044

Hello, your themes are just AWESOME. Please write more smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Urahara and Yoruichi
Sorry if my coloring stinks and hurts your eyes or sth.

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post May 28 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #63

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

w00t! okay, it's been a while since i posted a theme...i've been so wrapped up in pegasus... so here you go. theme 26!

Roiai 100 Themes

Cureless

“Taisa!”

To his credit, he only barely jumped at the tone of her voice, and glanced up at her over the top of his book, his eyebrows arched in acknowledgement.

“What do you think you’re doing?” she demanded, splaying a hand on his desk beside where one of his feet was propped.

He folded the corner of the page and closed the book, setting it in his lap.

“I am reading a book;” he said facetiously, “a pastime I know I have seen you partaking in.”

Her eyes rolled heavenward.

“I need those forms”—she gestured to the foot-high stack near his ankle—“by lunch,” she told him urgently.

He looked at the papers, looked at her, then looked back to the papers before picking up his book again.

“I’m getting to it,” he said, and she sighed heavily.

“You always say that.”

“And have I ever not followed through?”

She opened her mouth, but couldn’t in good conscience say that he hadn’t.

So she changed tactics.

“Your posture is horrid, Sir,” she said.

“It won’t affect my progress, I promise.”

“I thought you wore reading glasses.”

“Only because they make me look intellectual and women find that sexy. I don’t really need them.”

“You’ll break your chair, sitting like that.”

“I’m sure the military can afford to buy me another.”

She shook her head.

“You’re hopeless.”

“It’s a curse.”

She lifted an eyebrow.

“More like an affliction.”

He looked at her reproachfully.

“You make it sound like I’m terminally ill…” He made a face, and she grinned.

“Perish the thought, Sir,” she chuckled. “But, well, there is no cure for procrastination.” She waved one hand vaguely. “Just get the forms done within the hour, please?”

He nodded and flicked one hand to shoo her from the room.

She rolled her eyes again and headed back into the hall.

“Enjoy your book, Sir.”

He paused, then glanced up, and as soon as she was well out of sight, he reached for a pen.

ufufufu... so that's his secret... he just wants everyone to think he's a slacker to uphold his cool and constantly unperturbably bored reputation. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post May 30 2005, 04:38 AM
Post #64

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

Beautiful!!!!

Sooo...Secretly, he's NOT a slacker xDD!!!!!

Wears reading glasses just to attrack women xDDDD

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Jun 10 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #65

this theme is usually translated as 'Dependency', but that has such a negative connotation to me... the verb 'sugaru' means to lean on or rely on, which sounds much less negative IMO, so i'm going with my take on this theme as "Lean on Me" cuz it sounds more poetic and stuff. happy.gif

Roiai 100 Themes

#27 縋る

Lean On Me

She has been awake for 49 hours now, and it’s starting to show. Her gaze is ragged, her hair frazzled, her movements growing lethargic and unsteady. But she can’t sleep. Not yet. He hasn’t come home.

He has been away for five days. Something about the Parliament and a contract and a…something…? She can’t remember anymore, her mind is too fuzzy with distraction and worry she is too self-conscious to admit to. He was supposed to have returned this afternoon; he had promised to be back before supper. She glances at the clock on the wall for the fifteenth time in ten minutes.

It’s passing 2am.

She is well beyond apprehensive, but she refuses to fret (outwardly anyway) and contact HQ. He would be offended if she did, and suppose that she had no confidence in him, and she would have sooner died than injure his pride (even though his pride did have a tendency to grow too big for its britches sometimes…).

Her tired eyes swing to the wall clock again. It’s 2:17.

She sighs and leans back into the sofa.

It’s not like him to be so late…

She closes her eyes, just for a moment.

She snaps awake with a start when she hears the front door open, and her hand has instinctively flown to the pistol she placed on the end table beside her before she regains full coherence and realizes it’s just Roy finally returning home. She sits bolt upright on the couch, and he sees her as he shuts the door behind him. Her eyes flick over his form once; twice; to make certain he’s still all in one piece, and then they move to meet his apologetic gaze, searching his eyes for an explanation.

He takes off his coat, hangs it behind the door, and approaches her with a guilty smile.

“The trains were stopped,” he whispers gently, and she moves aside to make room on the sofa for him to sit beside her. “There was an accident,”—her eyes flash with worry, and he pats the back of her hand, startling her—“an upline derailment,” he added in reassurance. "No one was killed, but the clean-up took several hours and I couldn’t get to a phone to contact you.” He sighs, then gives her a crooked repentant smile. “I’m sorry…”

She looks tiredly at him, exhales audibly, then lists to the side, her head falling heavily on his shoulder in exhaustion—both mental and physical.

“I forgive you,” she says, slowly succumbing to her fatigue now that she knows he is safe. A pause. “But you owe me dinner.”

He chuckles throatily and reaches behind her to tuck the afghan from the back of the couch around her shoulders.

“Done,” he agrees.

And they fell asleep on the couch in the living room, in their work clothes, leaning against one another and not really caring what anybody said about it.

and again, outside of my little univers of folly, this is sort of a speculative piece, since it's not canon that Roy and Riza live together. But a girl can dream, right? <3

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Jun 10 2005, 10:51 PM
Post #66

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

Yes, and you keep dreaming because it brings enjoyable times to me! I love your themes. Keep up the great work.

Oh this is not really anything big, it's up to you. I always want to improve, I was wonderinf if you could read the first chapter of my post fic TAKEN AWAY. To tell me how it's going so far. I would love your oppinion only because the post fic means alot to me.

It's up to you though and just try to be nice... because I have sensitive feelings. But I do want contructive criticism. Just not in a 'YOU SUK' way.

But I know you are much more intelligent than that. Update on your fics soon!

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post Jun 11 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #67

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

That was really good Tokage ^-^!!!

I can't wait for the next update!!! By the way, when Riza said 'you owe me dinner' and Roy replied, 'done'. What does Roy mean??

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post Jun 11 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #68

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

He is going to take her to dinner! Yay! I hope so anyway!!! dry.gif

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Aug 29 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #69

wow. i have neglected this topic far too long. here you go, have theme 28! XD very slight end-of-series spoilers.

Roiai 100 Themes

#28 痛み・傷み

Pain and Wounds

Contrary to popular belief, First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye was not impervious to pain. When cut, she did bleed; what differed was that she didn’t really react to it the way people might expect a pretty young blonde woman to. She had long ago conditioned herself to keep going despite discomfort. That was part of being a soldier. But that didn’t mean she didn’t feel it. Her personal tolerance was just higher than that of most of those she worked with…which was why it had always baffled the colonel how differently she acted when someone else was injured.

Of course…that said someone was usually him.

Roy may have been a graceful existence, but he attracted trouble like honey did ants. And while “accident-prone” was a tad too harsh a term, Roy admitted (though never aloud) to being somewhat ‘mishap-inclined’.

This morning, for example, on his way to the office, he had taken a bad step (he blamed it on the bum leg rather than that he hadn’t noticed that upturned corner of the carpet) and stumbled rather theatrically into one of the couches in the middle of the room with a curse and a hiss of pain.

When Hawkeye had come into the office with coffee to start off the day, she had been startled to find him sitting on the arm of the sofa grimacing and gripping his knee.

“Sir, what happened?” she gasped, quickly setting the coffee down to hurry to his side. “Are you all right?”

He chuckled and waved her away.

“I’m fine,” he insisted, laughing lightly at her concern through the pain shooting up his femur. “I just lost a battle with gravity, that’s all.” He certainly wasn’t about to divulge that wrenching his bad leg like that had left him seeing stars. “Not to worry,” he insisted, moving to stand. He grunted when his leg protested fiercely, and staggered a shaky step or two before Hawkeye’s steady hand gripped his wrist and slung his arm over her shoulders.

“Chuui, I don’t need you to—”

“I know,” she replied simply, “but please indulge me.”

He started to protest again, then realized it was useless.

He had never won an argument with Hawkeye.

He fell silent and allowed her to help him to his desk. Some days were worse than others, and obviously some wounds would take much longer to heal than others. And that was surely not limited to the external ones… Some scars would probably never heal, and while Hawkeye may have often opted to ignore her own distress, she seemed hypersensitive to his. He met her eyes briefly, smiled, then sat and twisted his chair to overlook the day’s work.

Without a word, Hawkeye went to retrieve his coffee.

He watched her, hoping that one day he could stop causing her such anxiety over his pain and old wounds…but he didn’t really count on it.

But somehow, her being there was the best medicine anyway, regardless of the malady.

i can't believe how long it's been since i posted here. ohmy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Frozen Ice Alche...
post Aug 30 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #70

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 17,311

I was always waiting for updates... And once again, good work, keep it up!

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy made by me~
-----{M Y | F O R U M | F A M I L Y}-----
[B I G | S I S T E R S] shingmei, SsleepyAlly, Jelly_Belly
[C O U S I N S] eliss_music, Hikusa Rockgirl X

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Aug 30 2005, 10:08 AM
Post #71

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

I was wondering why you had not updated in awhile either. ph34r.gif

Good job, by the way. biggrin.gif

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
tempest_Strife
post Aug 30 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #72

Citizen

Member No.: 8,631

happy.gif Ahh... You know he just wats to sweep her off her feet.... but he'll settle for being pampered. =^-^=

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Squirrel of Doom
post Aug 30 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #73

Apprentice

Member No.: 18,696

Wow those stories are awesome! Hye wow I've been here along time. SNOOCHIPOOCHIES(so says Jay)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted imageSister to Riza-Hawkeye(Oh my god I'm not alone WEEEEE)

+Quote Post
Frozen Ice Alche...
post Aug 31 2005, 03:08 AM
Post #74

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 17,311

100 themes.... lets see, 72 more themes to go! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!! >w<

--------------------
IPB Image
Siggy made by me~
-----{M Y | F O R U M | F A M I L Y}-----
[B I G | S I S T E R S] shingmei, SsleepyAlly, Jelly_Belly
[C O U S I N S] eliss_music, Hikusa Rockgirl X

+Quote Post
Squirrel of Doom
post Aug 31 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #75

Apprentice

Member No.: 18,696

What Ice said dude!

--------------------
user posted imageSister to Riza-Hawkeye(Oh my god I'm not alone WEEEEE)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2016 - 12:29 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css