Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Symphony, FMA Game for Nintendo DS
Rating 5 V
AA battery
post Jul 30 2005, 01:11 AM
Post #61

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,450

(damn, my internet just had to die when I clicked send so I am not retyping everything I just rtyped =_= *kicks router*)

SPOILER!
SPOILER!
GAME SPOILER!
ANIME SPOILER!

=_= don't blame me if you are spoiled of anything.

I think I beat the game 10 times so far (12+ hours)
Story mode twice (easier and harder... uh, can't read katakana really well ^^; )
Character mode 8 times (easier mode once for each character, then harder mode once for armstrong and ed)

after you defeated battle mode (easier) once with all characters, you get everything from the character gallery and main menu characters, as well as the "story film" thingie unlocked.

However, I am still stuck with the Picture Gallery part... I got all 8 parts of the first poster unlocked but... it does seem that there are 9 posters in total, but @_@ after I used Ed to beat hard mode, I don't get to unlock the next poster... I have no idea why... *now is midway thru harder mode with Al*

Alchemy book, I got 6 so far... I have no idea what the other 2 are because battle mode only has 6 characters (Ed Al Armstrong Scar Izumi Roy), however, it's possible that it COULD be Riza and Hughes, because for battle mode, if you use Roy, you get Riza as your assistant for a small part in Lior and on the train; same goes for Armstrong, you get Hughes.

(I first thought I can unlock Riza and Hughes after beating the game with all 6 characters but... uh, nope... maybe after I beat the game with harder mode with all 6 characters? ^^; )

GREED: See the transmutation circle on the ground? When Greed jumps up high, you should run around in that circle so that he would hit somewhere within the circle... after his arm is stuck there, you perform a transmutation on the circle to weaken him, then cannon him... do this 4 times I think, and Greed will lose.

WRATH: Use Roy's flame attack. Works the best.

SLOTH (story/Ed battle mode only): Similar to Greed's... I will tell you how if you can't figure it out ;P don't wanna ruin too much fun.

DANTE (story mode only): .... actually she quite easy after you figured out her attack pattern... just time consuming.

PRIDE (battle mode only): .... if you don't have a good 30 minutes with you, don't even bother. He takes forever to beat.

*pets Al on main menu* >3< so cute!

final say about this game: No point in getting Chinese/English/whatever language you speak because... as long as you remember the anime plot line, you are fine... it's a very straight forward game... no deduction needed xD, no question asked, just to beat up the chimera and stuff and you are done xD

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Supashay91
post Jul 30 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #62

Citizen

Member No.: 15,252

Man i,m so poor i can never buy games i hate being poor it sucks

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
mrhomiec
post Jul 31 2005, 10:12 PM
Post #63

Citizen

Member No.: 5,106

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jul 30 2005, 01:11 AM)
DANTE (story mode only): .... actually she quite easy after you figured out her attack pattern... just time consuming.
[snapback]232494[/snapback]

ok, i figured out the pattern, but i still can't seem to hurt her. XP

and another question, i let the game sit for a while after the intro, and it shows a demo of the first level. and Ed does this super alchemy move thingy, how do you do that?

+Quote Post
hebretto
post Aug 1 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #64

Citizen

Member No.: 1,591

Those Alchemy symbols floating around the lower screen, they allow you to power up your main alchemy attack. To do it just hold the bottom left until it looks powered up, once you release it you will see an animated Ed doing alchemy. You can do the same for the wall as well and powered up it will make three walls. Again, without those alchemy symbols floating around you won't be able power up

This might be a possible spoiler. Just stuck somewhere

[spoiler]
I'm at the 4th/5th stage where Ed has found the hidden city but wasted so much time knocking those stone heads. Was there suppose to be some pattern to it??? Then once I got inside I was running to the right for god knows how long and it just seemed to go on and on. Is there something that I missed???

Also how do you get into this Battle Mode???
[/spoiler]

+Quote Post
hebretto
post Aug 2 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #65

Citizen

LONG LONG POST. Please excuse any spelling / grammatical errors or incorrect names. Apologies for the general format of the post but didn't want to ruin anyone's experience with this excellent game (though I possibly ruined someone's eyesight)

=Menu (done through trial and error and Roy's Engrish)=

1. Resume / Continue (???? at the beginning)
2. Game(?) mode
=2a. Story Mode
==a-i. Easy
==a-ii. Hard (u)
=2b. Character Mode (u)
==b-i. Easy
==b-ii. Hard (u)
3. Arcade (?) Mode
=3a. Cut scenes / story (u)
=3b. BGM / Voice test (u)
=3c. Character Profile (u)
=3d. Clock
=3e. Fortune telling
=3f. Image gallery (u)
4. Mini Game (u)
5. Option
=5a. Character change
==a-i. Ed
==a-ii. Al
==a-iii. Roy (u)
==a-iv. Winry (u)
==a-v. Armstrong (u)
==a-vi. Homunculous (?) (u)
=5b. Controls
=5c. BGM / SE
=5d. Erase Data (?)

(u) means that it needs to be unlocked or has stuff to be unlocked

Menu details are below, might contain spoilers so ...

[spoiler]1. If you have a saved status then this will be there (eg when you beat a stage or when you quit. If you finished the game the next time you start it will be back to "????"

2b. Unlocked through beating Story Mode (continues allowed)

3a. As you play through Story Mode (and some characters in Character Mode) you will go through scenes from the anime. If you would like to view them again this is the place

3b. You begin with a limited number of BGMs and voice but once you beat Story Mode all would be unlocked (total of 26 BGMs and 152 voices)

3c. You begin with only Ed and Al but as you play through Character Mode with each character more profiles will be unlocked

3d. The clock has an alarm feature which I don't really know how to turn on ...

3e. I think this is fortune telling, or matching compatibility. You start by pressing the Japanese text / button below Hiromu Arakawa (or his cow mascot) and he will start shaking the canister (tap on him or move the stylus around him to make him shake it faster). Press the button again for the results (which I have no idea about)

3f. Each time I beat Character Mode (and first time I beat Story Mode) Winry allowed me to remove a piece of block hiding the Dual Sympathy cover (eight in total). However, I have yet to remove the last block and as armor-alchemist said there are nine images in total

4. You begin with one mini game (where Ed proves Winry's superior automail through arm-wrestling). However you will unlock more through Story Mode (three in total) and two more (that I know of) when you beat Character Mode with Izumi / Armstrong / Scar / Roy (I forgot which two)

5a. You can select who is on your menu screen from here. You start off with Ed or Al. Beating Character Mode with Roy and Armstrong will unlock them. Beating Character Mode with everyone (I think) will unlock Winry and the Homunculous (Homunculi) gang. Whoever you choose the upper screen of your DS will display pictures of that character/s. If you tap on the characters' faces you will get a reaction them (not for Homunculous theme though as it's The Gate). Winry's voice sounds pretty annoying in my opinion[/spoiler]

=Other stuff=

In-game pause menu
1. Continue
2. Save and Quit

Alchemy attacks
Or as armor-alchemist calls them "alchemy books". You start off with just Ed and Al's attacks (both in its simple form are canons). As you progress Story Mode you will unlock Roy's (beat him in Story Mode) and Armstrong's (I don't know how I got his). After you beat Character Mode with Izumi and Scar you will unlock their attacks also

I have gone abit in depth regarding finishing game so read at your own risk

[spoiler]=Tips=

I figured out how to pass that pillar thing (to gain entrance to the underground city). When you see a broken pillar walk the the third pillar on your left and stand infront of it. You should now see a "draw alchemy" screen. Do that and the lift to the underground will magically appear

Below are the various ways I used to beat enemies in the game. You don't have to follow them if you don't want to, you might find other effective ways (please share them with us!!)

Cornello
This is an endurance boss in that you can't hurt him you just have to survive long enough for his health to go down. Each time he summons something to attack you his health will go down. The pattern goes (two headed chimera -> gattling guns x3 -> two headed chimera). I lure the chimera into the corner of the screen (it loves chasing you) and get it into the corner and just continue to attack it as it seems your attacks do more hit stun in the corner and you don't need to move forward to continue attacking it. I think the gattling guns appear in the pattern of right/left/right. Just make a wall and stand behind it as they shoot or jump onto of them before they fire (alchemy attack of choice: any)

Bard (The guy with the eye patch and machine gun as an arm)
I'm going to say this now, THE WALL IS YOUR FRIEND (more on this later). Start off so it reduces his chance of jumping everywhere. Knock him down with whatever you can (alchemy attack, jump attack, three hit chain attack anything). Once he is down run to him and as he gets up start pressing the attack button, he won't bother counter attacking or blocking or running away he'll just stay there getting hit. Rinse and repeat. The hardest part is just to get him knocked down the rest is simple (alchemy attack of choice: any)

Roy
You can only harm him after he does his "three pillar fire tornado" move so don't bother and just run to the end of the screen. Set up a few walls cause at the start he will throw flames at you, they will protect you from it. When he does his "fire tornado" wait until they reach the end of the screen and disappear, now he will be vulnerable (but you can only attack him using your alchemy attack cause he seems to have a force field). Once you hit him he will get angry and either throw more flames at you or set up some side fire pillars, you can see where they are formed so just stand in the gap. After that he'll do the "fire tornado" again. Rinse and repeat (alchemy attack of choice: canon or Armstrong)

5th Labortory
Barry the Chopper. Run to the end of the screen and set up a few walls for protection and when Barry gets near use your (simplest) alchemy attack. Whilst he is trying to recover make another one as one of the ones you set up at the beginning will disappear. When you see him running at you with his arms swining use your alchemy attack. Rinse and repeat (alchemy attack of choice: canon)

The other guy (no.48?). You can't attack him like normal cause of his "quick" reflexes and the ability to block so you will have to attack him from behind. In the bottom left corner (or top right corner) of the screen there is a large stone. Stand next to it and your wall alchemy will change to something that looks like Al. Transmute the stone into a statue of Al and wait for him to get close to you, when he does run away and he will chop up the Al statue. Once he does his he will be vulnerable from the back, hit him once and his helmut will come off. When his helmut is off he can't block (cause the body can't see?) so you can risk it and just attack him till he's dead or repeat the process from earlier (because once his helmut is off first priority is to get it back, you can use this time to wait for your alchemy attack to come back) (alchemy attack of choice: any)

Greed
1st time. He is more or less the same as Bard. Just that he can jump up to the ceiling and then crash down. When he does that there will be a tiny shadow you will see on the floor, just make sure you're not near it when he falls (alchemy attack of choice: any)

2nd time. Read armor-alchemist's post (#61)

Wrath
He can jump away from your attacks so you have to be careful when you attack him. If you run up to him and most often he will jump behind you and try to hit you, that is when you would do your alchemy attack (I would only recommend the simplest alchemy attack so there is less lag between attacks possibly more damage). You will see him about to hit you with his transmuted arm-blade or his tentacles (?), at that moment do your alchemy attack. Most often once he is hit he will run to the end of the screen and try to transmute some spikes from the ceiling or the floor. To avoid these just run to the opposite side of the screen and wait for him to run up to you again and repeat the process (alchemy attack of choice: Armstrong)

Sloth
Wall the first chance you get. It will (more or less) prevent her from moving towards you and protect you from the water bullets. Use your alchemy attack on her and she should then dissolve. Run over to the puddle of water and now your wall should be changed to another form of alchemy (I think freezing?). Now she will be solidified perfect time to take some damage, you can actually fit a fully powered up alchemy attack PLUS one or two normal attacks during this time. When reforms (50% of her body, the rest would be in the puddle) she will be hella angry and try to chase after you, if you're too close to the water you will get hit by water tornado's so just form a wall and jump ontop till she's back to normal. Don't worry if Al "dies" cause he'll just come back to life as if nothing happened. When she's back to normal just repeat the process. Once she reachs 0% however you have to freeze her again just like in the anime (alchemy attack of choice: canon)

Dante
She is like Cornello as well, you just have to survive. Her patterns are (two large rat chimeras -> energy waves -> gattling guns -> falling ceiling -> three headed chimera -> energy waves etc). Though Dante is right there she has a force field and getting too close will just decrease your life. Start off by running to the any bottom corner of the screen and a few walls (three for myself). This is to protect you from the nasty rat chimeras trying to pounce on you, use your (simplest) alchemy attack to blow them away, if they still alive make some more walls first cause the first set would transmute back about now. Once the rat chimeras are taken care of stay in the (very) corner to stay away from the waves of energy coming towards you (they come from right to left so if you're on the bottom right side you will only have to worry about them for a tiny bit). Either set a wall or wait until the gattling guns appear and jump on top of them till they disappear. The falling ceiling I find hardest cause to effective run away from them I have to run from one corner to the next (and some times to the top corner as well). After that she will summon the three (or was it two?) headed chimera which can spit fire at you, do the same as the chimeras you battled against Cornello, wait for them to jump towards you and get them into the corner and just mash the A button. Stay alive long enough and she will run out of powers and game over (alchemy attack of choice: any)

Pride
This is when THE WALL becomes your best friend. When you use your alchemy you will get invincibility frames during start up and a few moments after, not just that you never run out of alchemy and THE WALL has the least amount of lag (almost none) so in effect you could go about the entire game without getting (but it'd take longer). This is the technique I used in beating Pride. Wall at the beginning and just try my best to attack Pride (with the wall as buffer cause you want to minimise getting hit, Pride's moves out-prioritise yours). What makes Pride so hard is the fact that he has the Ultimate Eye and that he can predict your moves. When you attack him (normal or alchemy) he will teleport behind you and slash you. What you want to do is the moment you hit the attack button and you see him teleport do a wall, now his slash would do go "through" you cause of the invincibility start up and he is open for attack (you can only really "hit" him when he is in the process of trying to attack you). Keep hitting him till you see him teleport behind you again and just make another wall and repeat the process till he is dead. If he decides to jump up into the ceiling like Greed just wait for him to land and attack/wall him (he will teleport the moment you attack him). The hard part is to set him up for this cause sometimes he won't teleport and he will move about the screen trying to slash you or jump to the end of the screen and throw blades at you. If he does that make a wall and wait for the oppotunity. When he is throwing blades at you if you are able to get behind him you can hit him, attacking him from the front will only make him teleport, but in the corner is more or less where you really want him as it reduces the chances of him running away. I don't really see a point in using your alchemy attacks as it lags your ability to make a wall so just use the simple 2/3 hit combinations for damage (alchemy attack of choice: any)

My favourite alchemy attack would be Armstrong's as it seems to do the most damage in its simplest form (and powered up, just I don't use Armstrong cause he's slow) plus it has the most range though it's not a projectile like the canons (Ed and Al)[/spoiler]

QUOTE(armor-alchemist @ Jul 30 2005, 06:11 PM)
However, I am still stuck with the Picture Gallery part... I got all 8 parts of the first poster unlocked but... it does seem that there are 9 posters in total, but @_@ after I used Ed to beat hard mode, I don't get to unlock the next poster... I have no idea why... *now is midway thru harder mode with Al*
[snapback]232494[/snapback]

armor-alchemist: How did you get the last block of the poster? I beat Character Mode with everyone and Story Mode on Easy and Hard but still unable to unlock the last block

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 3 2005, 06:00 AM
Post #66

Brigadier General

I will do a correction version of urs with all the unlocked stuff with my limited Japanese knowledge... and I hate spoiler tag so I am not gonna use it... beware of spoiler... I am putting my comments as {{...}}

and I also added some of my own opinion too, hope you won't mind ^^;

1. Continue

2. Game mode
=2a. Story Mode
==a-i. Normal Mode
==a-ii. Hard Mode
=2b. Character Mode
==b-i. Normal Mode
==b-ii. Hard Mode

3. おまけ {{Omake = bonus}} Mode
=3a. Media Library
=3b. Sound Library
=3c. キャラ {{Kyara = Character}} Album
=3d. キャラ Clock
=3e. Fortune telling
=3f. Gallery

4. Mini Game Mode {{so far I unlocked 7 of them... NOTE: not direct translation of the explaination within the game}}
=4a. Arm Wrestling
=4b. Trap
=4c. Survival
=4d. Artistic Wood Chopping Skill
=4e. Flame VS Fullmetal
=4f. Scratch
=4g. Boko Boko {{"BokoBoko" = Holey}} Homunculus

5. Option Mode
=5a. Menu Kyara {{Character}} Set
==a-i. Edward
==a-ii. Alphonse
==a-iii. Mustang (u)
==a-iv. Winry (u)
==a-v. Armstrong (u)
==a-vi. Gate of Truth (u)
=5b. Button Set (Controls)
=5c. Sound Set {{Turn BGM & SE to On/Off}}
=5d. Data Erase

(u) means that it needs to be unlocked or has stuff to be unlocked
{{sorry, I took out the first few (u) ^^; and I am too lazy to put them all back in}}

Menu details are below, might contain spoilers so ...

**SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!***

1. If you have a saved status then this will be there (eg when you beat a stage or when you quit. If you finished the game the next time you start it will be back to "????")

2b. Unlocked through beating Story Mode (continues allowed)

3a. As you play through Story Mode (and some characters in Character Mode) you will go through scenes from the anime. If you would like to view them again this is the place

3b. You begin with a limited number of BGMs and voice but once you beat Story Mode all will be unlocked (total of 26 BGMs and 152 voices)

3c. You begin with only Ed and Al but as you play through Character Mode with each character more Menu Characters will be unlocked

3d. The clock has an alarm feature which I don't really know how to turn on ... {{me neither xD Same as Menu Characters, more Clock Characters will be unlocked as you play through Story/Character mode}}

3e. {{I changed this whole part... you are not wrong, but I am simply picky... Arakawa sensei is a lady, not a man ^^; hope you don't mind ^^;}} This section is for fortune telling. First you click on the bubble below cow-sensei (スタート = start) and she will start shaking the canister. Tap her with stylus to make her shake it more. Hit the bubble again (ストップ = stop) and you will get your result. Today I got... (just an example of things they say)

中吉 {{medium goodluck-ness? xD I got Hughes background btw...}}
~You will be able to see the thing that you have been searching for. Even if you have left over allowance, think twice before buying stuff. {{xD so true TT__TT <--- just overspent too much money on FMA merchandises}}

健康運 (Health fortune) - 4 circles
恋愛運 (Love fortune) - 5 circles
金運 (Wealth fortune) - 3 circles
勉強運 (Academic fortune) - 4 circles

3f. Each time I beat Character Mode (and first time I beat Story Mode) Winry allowed me to remove a piece of block hiding the Dual Sympathy cover (eight in total). However, I have yet to remove the last block and as armor-alchemist said there are nine images in total

{{Yes... eight blocks in total... and you still lacking the last block of the 8 in the first picture? If so, you need to defeat hard mode in Character Mode to get that last block [strike]as the game is a cheap a$$ and won't let you get the last block with normal mode[/strike]}}

4. You begin with one mini game (where Ed proves Winry's superior automail through arm-wrestling). However you will unlock more through Story Mode (three in total) and two more (that I know of) when you beat Character Mode with Izumi / Armstrong / Scar / Roy (I forgot which two)

{{more mini game descriptions}}

=4a. Arm Wrestling (default)
~~~basically, you use the stylus to draw in the direction that Ed's hand should be going at... draw many times and u will win.

=4b. Trap (unlocked after finishing Story mode once, I think)
~~~remember the 5th lab where Ed was running away from a giant rock? This is it. Hit Ed's boots continuously until your fingers are too tired to go on and you will get hit xD;;

=4c. Survival (unlocked after finishing Story mode once, I think)
~~~You are little Ed. Together with Al, you are trying to steal the fish from the Masked Man. Use the Stylus to lead Ed to the fish and use the speker thingie on top right corner to lead Al (tell Al to walk to you when it's safe to do so). Don't let the Masked Man spot you! Prevent the fox from stealing the fish before you by hitting the fox with your stylus.

=4d. Artistic Wood Chopping Skill (unlocked after finishing Story mode once, I think)
~~~really easy. Use the stylus to place the wood onto the green circle and Armstrong will chop them.

=4e. Flame VS Fullmetal (unlocked after finishing Story mode once, I think)
~~~when Ed is still far away, try to hit the stuff he throws at you instead of hitting him (cuz you won't hit him). When he is running close, hit him! Auto lost when you get hit by Ed's cannon! Don't hit the cat or cow-sensei as that will take a chunk of life point off you! The bar thingie, when it's all red, you lose. So far I haven't win once... ^^;

=4f. Scratch (unlocked either after finishing Story mode once, or finding a secret sparkly thing at the stage where you are at a forest looking for Dante's home... since I found the sparkly in story mode I guess that's what the sparkly thing is for...)
~~~Within limited time, finish sketching the picture but beware of the cats! The part of the picture they walked accross will be erased! 10 pics in total.

=4g. Boko Boko ("boko" = Holey) Homunculus (find another secret sparkly thing at the same forest.)
~~~This is those typical "hit the mouse appearing from the hole to get points" game... for "Beginner" and "Intermediate" mode, you use Winry and a Hammer to hit all homunculi! Beware of the Red Stone, because if you hit it, one homunculus will be revived! Also, don't hit Ed and Al! If you hit cow-sensei, you will get an extra 10 seconds. For "Hard" mode, you use Riza-neechan & a gun instead, and instead of Ed and Al, you get Roy and Black Hayate... it addes to the difficult because both Roy and Black Hayate are black!

5a. You can select who is on your menu screen from here. You start off with Ed or Al. Beating Character Mode with Roy and Armstrong will unlock them. Beating Character Mode with everyone (I think) will unlock Winry and the Gate of Truth. Whoever you choose the upper screen of your DS will display pictures of that character/s. If you tap on the characters' faces you will get a reaction them (not for Homunculous theme though as it's The Gate). Winry's voice sounds pretty annoying in my opinion {{HAHAHA, I agree. xD Al's voice is cute tho~~ >w<}}

5b. Button Set
A setting
~A button ... Attack
~B button ... Jump
B setting
~B button ... Attack
~A button ... Jump

5d. Data Erase
~~~then of cuz it asks you "Are you sure you are choosing to erase data?"
はい = Yes (don't click this!)
いいえ = no (click this!)

=Other stuff=

In-game pause menu
1. Continue
2. Save and Quit

Alchemy attacks
Or as armor-alchemist calls them "alchemy books". You start off with just Ed and Al's attacks (both in its simple form are cannons). As you progress Story Mode you will unlock Roy's (beat him in Story Mode) and Armstrong's (I don't know how I got his) {{You got this after the Wood Chopping xD}}. After you beat Character Mode with Izumi and Scar you will unlock their attacks also.

I have gone abit in depth regarding finishing game so read at your own risk

{{I just read on a Japanese website earlier and it says that in the 5th laboratory, there is a wall with slightly different color... by the wall, use attack style alchemy, and you will unlock a secret room. [strike]If you use Ed and/or Al to unlock that room, you will get doctor marcoh's healing alchemy power. If you use Roy and/or Armstrong to unlock that room, you will get Kimberly (WTF?)'s bombing alchemy power...[/strike] I haven't tried it yet, so I guess you can try? I am currently addicted to FMA 3, "The girl who surpasses god" and is too lazy to touch DS xD}}

=Tips=

I figured out how to pass that pillar thing (to gain entrance to the underground city). When you see a broken pillar walk the the third pillar on your left and stand infront of it. You should now see a "draw alchemy" screen. Do that and the lift to the underground will magically appear. {{Another note: that pillar is actually in a slightly different color ^^}}

Below are the various ways I used to beat enemies in the game. You don't have to follow them if you don't want to, you might find other effective ways (please share them with us!!)

Cornello
This is an endurance boss in that you can't hurt him you just have to survive long enough for his health to go down. Each time he summons something to attack you his health will go down. The pattern goes (two headed chimera -> gattling guns x3 -> two headed chimera). I lure the chimera into the corner of the screen (it loves chasing you) and get it into the corner and just continue to attack it as it seems your attacks do more hit stun in the corner and you don't need to move forward to continue attacking it. I think the gattling guns appear in the pattern of right/left/right. Just make a wall and stand behind it as they shoot or jump onto of them before they fire (alchemy attack of choice: any)

{{my method: I just cannon it, runs around, cannon it again when I can use the cannon again xD;; sometimes I use your method too but I just seem to have less luck with your method ^^;}}

Bard (The guy with the eye patch and machine gun as an arm on the train to Central)
I'm going to say this now, THE WALL IS YOUR FRIEND (more on this later). Start off so it reduces his chance of jumping everywhere. Knock him down with whatever you can (alchemy attack, jump attack, three hit chain attack anything). Once he is down run to him and as he gets up start pressing the attack button, he won't bother counter attacking or blocking or running away he'll just stay there getting hit. Rinse and repeat. The hardest part is just to get him knocked down the rest is simple (alchemy attack of choice: any)

Roy
You can only harm him after he does his "three pillar fire tornado" move so don't bother and just run to the end of the screen. Set up a few walls cause at the start he will throw flames at you, they will protect you from it. When he does his "fire tornado" wait until they reach the end of the screen and disappear, now he will be vulnerable (but you can only attack him using your alchemy attack cause he seems to have a force field) [actually, he just flicks his finger really quick when you get with in 1 meter distance of him]. Once you hit him he will get angry and either throw more flames at you or set up some side fire pillars, you can see where they are formed so just stand in the gap. After that he'll do the "fire tornado" again. Rinse and repeat (alchemy attack of choice: canon or Armstrong)

5th Labortory
Barry the Chopper. Run to the end of the screen and set up a few walls for protection and when Barry gets near use your (simplest) alchemy attack. Whilst he is trying to recover make another one as one of the ones you set up at the beginning will disappear. When you see him running at you with his arms swining use your alchemy attack. Rinse and repeat (alchemy attack of choice: canon)

{{same as with chimeras, I cannon, I run around + use 2 or 3 walls, I cannon again. xD I seem to have more luck with this.}}

The other guy (no.48?) {{Also called the "The Slicers}}. You can't attack him like normal cause of his "quick" reflexes and the ability to block so you will have to attack him from behind. In the bottom left corner (or top right corner) of the screen there is a large stone. Stand next to it and your wall alchemy will change to something that looks like Al. Transmute the stone into a statue of Al and wait for him to get close to you, when he does run away and he will chop up the Al statue. Once he does his he will be vulnerable from the back, hit him once and his helmut will come off. When his helmut is off he can't block (cause the body can't see?) so you can risk it and just attack him till he's dead or repeat the process from earlier (because once his helmut is off first priority is to get it back, you can use this time to wait for your alchemy attack to come back) (alchemy attack of choice: any)

Greed
1st time. He is more or less the same as Bard. Just that he can jump up to the ceiling and then crash down. When he does that there will be a tiny shadow you will see on the floor, just make sure you're not near it when he falls (alchemy attack of choice: any)

2nd time. Read armor-alchemist's post (#61)
{{>_> I will just type again.
Start off, just run around like a monkey xD wait for him to jump and dodge his attacks at the same time. When he jumped, start running around in THE alchemy circle on the ground like a puppy xD so that you won't get hit by him, and he will hit the circle... when he strikes down and hit the circle, do a transmutation on the circle (press where you used to transmute walls) and it will weaken Greed. Then you can cannon him or punch him or whatever, but do it quick as you only have about 3 ~ 4 seconds to do so. When he recovers, start running around again, wait for him to jump, run in circle, transmutation..... you get the point (I hope xD) and after 3 ~ 4 cycles (about 6 in hard mode) he gets pwnz by you :3}}

Wrath
He can jump away from your attacks so you have to be careful when you attack him. If you run up to him and most often he will jump behind you and try to hit you, that is when you would do your alchemy attack (I would only recommend the simplest alchemy attack so there is less lag between attacks possibly more damage). You will see him about to hit you with his transmuted arm-blade or his tentacles (?) [eww, but I don't know what that is called either xD], at that moment do your alchemy attack. Most often once he is hit he will run to the end of the screen and try to transmute some spikes from the ceiling or the floor. To avoid these just run to the opposite side of the screen and wait for him to run up to you again and repeat the process (alchemy attack of choice: Armstrong)

{{actually, my alchemy attack of choice for this is Roy. Here is what I do... when Wrath runs close to me, I burn him. He will then jump off and do his wall spike attack thingie, so just run to the other end of the wall really quick. After the spikes are gone, he will run to you, and by then, burn him again. Then he will make spikes, you run to the other end... wait for him, burn, more spikes, run, wait, burn... yea.}}

Sloth
Wall the first chance you get. It will (more or less) prevent her from moving towards you and protect you from the water bullets. Use your alchemy attack on her and she should then dissolve. Run over to the puddle of water and now your wall should be changed to another form of alchemy (I think freezing?) [yup. It's freezing. It's easier to inflict damage to solids than liquid]. Now she will be solidified perfect time to take some damage, you can actually fit a fully powered up alchemy attack PLUS one or two normal attacks during this time. When reforms (50% of her body, the rest would be in the puddle) she will be hella angry and try to chase after you, if you're too close to the water you will get hit by water tornado's so just form a wall and jump ontop till she's back to normal [actually, for mine, if I jump on top I get attack... but I think it's cuz of Al.]. Don't worry if Al "dies" cause he'll just come back to life as if nothing happened. When she's back to normal just repeat the process. Once she reachs 0% however you have to freeze her again just like in the anime (alchemy attack of choice: canon) {{and she turns into Ethanol... which shouldn't make sense... even if her body is mainly water, but heck, everyone's body is mainly water sleep.gif 60 - 70% or sth like that. So if Ed has turned her into Ethanol, why is there no residue? She should have like metals and other elements in her body since Greed said Homunculus has same composition as human. And her HAIR is mainly protein... which shouldn't be able to turn into Ethanol... ok, I will shut up now. 'x'}}

Dante
She is like Cornello as well, you just have to survive. Her patterns are (two large rat chimeras -> energy waves -> gattling guns -> falling ceiling -> three headed chimera -> energy waves etc). Though Dante is right there she has a force field and getting too close will just decrease your life. Start off by running to the any bottom corner of the screen and a few walls (three for myself). This is to protect you from the nasty rat chimeras trying to pounce on you, use your (simplest) alchemy attack to blow them away, if they still alive make some more walls first cause the first set would transmute back about now. Once the rat chimeras are taken care of stay in the (very) corner to stay away from the waves of energy coming towards you (they come from right to left so if you're on the bottom right side you will only have to worry about them for a tiny bit). Either set a wall or wait until the gattling guns appear and jump on top of them till they disappear. The falling ceiling I find hardest cause to effective run away from them I have to run from one corner to the next (and some times to the top corner as well). After that she will summon the three (or was it two?) headed chimera which can spit fire at you, do the same as the chimeras you battled against Cornello, wait for them to jump towards you and get them into the corner and just mash the A button. Stay alive long enough and she will run out of powers and game over (alchemy attack of choice: any)

{{more on energy wave... actually, just start off going to far left, kill the chimera, and stay at far left since the energy wave can't hit you at far left. and I still think Ed and Al's cannons pwnz everything :3}}

Pride
This is when THE WALL becomes your best friend. When you use your alchemy you will get invincibility frames during start up and a few moments after, not just that you never run out of alchemy and THE WALL has the least amount of lag (almost none) so in effect you could go about the entire game without getting (but it'd take longer). This is the technique I used in beating Pride. Wall at the beginning and just try my best to attack Pride (with the wall as buffer cause you want to minimise getting hit, Pride's moves out-prioritise yours). What makes Pride so hard is the fact that he has the Ultimate Eye and that he can predict your moves. When you attack him (normal or alchemy) he will teleport behind you and slash you. What you want to do is the moment you hit the attack button and you see him teleport do a wall, now his slash would do go "through" you cause of the invincibility start up and he is open for attack (you can only really "hit" him when he is in the process of trying to attack you). Keep hitting him till you see him teleport behind you again and just make another wall and repeat the process till he is dead. If he decides to jump up into the ceiling like Greed just wait for him to land and attack/wall him (he will teleport the moment you attack him). The hard part is to set him up for this cause sometimes he won't teleport and he will move about the screen trying to slash you or jump to the end of the screen and throw blades at you. If he does that make a wall and wait for the oppotunity. When he is throwing blades at you if you are able to get behind him you can hit him, attacking him from the front will only make him teleport, but in the corner is more or less where you really want him as it reduces the chances of him running away. I don't really see a point in using your alchemy attacks as it lags your ability to make a wall so just use the simple 2/3 hit combinations for damage (alchemy attack of choice: any)

My favourite alchemy attack would be Armstrong's as it seems to do the most damage in its simplest form (and powered up, just I don't use Armstrong cause he's slow) plus it has the most range though it's not a projectile like the canons (Ed and Al)

{{ok... the above method does work with easy mode, but NOT hard mode. In hard mode, you don't get your Alchemy power recharged, and he just felt much faster >_> The only way I do (and I can lose zero life points with this method) is... just make walls, stand on it so that Pride can't get me (but when he is doing the zigzag thing you still need to jump on the wall to dodge). When he jumped up high, I just run from one corner to the other so that he can't hit me, and when he is about to jump away after hitting the ground, I jump and kick him... and then quickly make a wall and jump on it. Sometimes he might jump towards you and stop at the wall, and that's the best opportunity to hit him. Hit him 2 - 3 times, make another wall, and hit... continue to do so until he doesn't jump to your wall again. If he doesn't jump to your wall, then that's fine too. Just stay on the wall to dodge his flying blades attack, make more wall when the one you are standing on is about to break... wait for him to jump again, kick him again when he is about to jump after he landed... and so on, yea.

Another way of hitting him would be go behind his back when he is doing the flying blades thingie. He will quickly turn around and attack you but you should quickly run to the side where the flying blades were going, make a wall and jump on it... this method isn't as safe tho. Don't do so if you are low on HP... if you can master the first method I just mentioned, you can lose zero HP and beat Pride but it will take about 5 ~ 10 minutes depending which character you are using... takes longest for Ed, shorter for Al and Armstrong.}}

ok done adding my stuff xD;;

--------------------
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
hebretto
post Aug 5 2005, 06:49 AM
Post #67

Citizen

This shows how big of a FMA fan I am ... I don't even know the gender of its creator ...

I tried looking for the sparkly thingy in the forest in Character Mode but couldn't find it. Is there suppose to be two in the forest? Cause I found one earlier one but when I went back in Character Mode I couldn't find another. Or do I have to look for it in Story Mode???

I didn't have any luck with finding the other alchemy attacks cause I am colour-blind and that's one of the reasons why I didn't notice about the pillars that gained you entrance to the underground city. Can these be done in either Story or Character mode or just one specifically???

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 5 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #68

Brigadier General

um, I am not sure whether I got the second one from chara or from story...
but hey, in the forest, did you walk DOWN the paths? I remember the first sparkly I found is walking up and the second one was at like the bottomest pathway or sth like that......

I still haven't tried the 5th lab thing yet since I am trying to beat that bastard anime Pride/manga Wrath in the FMA3 PS2 game (no you don't have to defeat him... just that I hate him so I am not gonna carry on until I beat him)

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Aug 18 2005, 01:00 PM
Post #69

Brigadier General

whoever mentioned that they will get GBA instead: NDS CAN also play GBA games... so I would totally get NDS instead of GBA (I traded in my GBA for a big discount on the NDS, actually)

And I think for that NDS FMA game, you need your GBA FMA games too for unlocking some stuff @_@

--------------------

+Quote Post
hellcommando
post Aug 26 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #70

Citizen

Member No.: 17,762

I need a DS to play FMA after read you guys' story. I am wonder why FMA don't have a game in PC and the FMA in gba, its japanese, I can't understand it! I think I really need to buy a DS to play FMA... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Slim Shady 001
post Aug 26 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #71

Citizen

Member No.: 21,100

I saw the screens, and this game looks sooooooo sweet!!! The graphics are amazing on it!!! Say hello to Co-Op WI-FI on the DS!!!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
ChibiOtakuElric
post Aug 29 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #72

Apprentice

Member No.: 16,426

must get DS *FMA rules*!!!!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ChibiOtakuElric
post Aug 29 2005, 12:30 PM
Post #73

Apprentice

Member No.: 16,426

XD vegeta dancing LOL

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ed-Elric
post Oct 13 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #74

Apprentice

Member No.: 22,638

there is a lot of writing there so i will say this and forgive me if it is some where elles here so

highlight to read

(how to unlock the last 2 alchemic books) do chariter mode as roy or armstrong beat levels untill you get to lab 5 there are big doors with swords that come out there is one that does not work i.e. no sword comes out stand in front of it and dont do any thing a tranmutation circule will apear and the door will open and you can go to a small room walk to a desk in the new room and you will get kimberlys book use it and when you attak again you will do more damge do this again with ed or al and you get marcos book it will heal you

one other thing how do you get the other 2 picture things the two to the right of the big one

--------------------
" I am no genius, I just saw the truth "

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Oct 13 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #75

Brigadier General

thx for the tip O_O *goes try now*

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st July 2016 - 03:12 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css