Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Symphony, FMA Game for Nintendo DS
Rating 5 V
Fushi
post Jan 30 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #211

Lt. General

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,703

Ah. Pictures from Kesenai Tsumi. I see. Thanks for letting me know! biggrin.gif (if I really did bought the Japanese games just for this I probably would've beaten myself up. XD)

Yeah, the Kesenai Tsumi images. (I wasn't sure if they were the ones, cause it's been a while sicne I saw the ending aniamtion...too long :{ But if you say they are they must be)

No problem. =)

Oh another thing that annoys me about the English translation, besides the inconsistency in the spelling of Kimbley (Kimbley one moment, Kimblee the next O_o;;; ) is in the scene that shows Hughes' death when Riza speaks to Roy. She says 'you're' when she should be saying 'your'.
And if it's one huge pet peeve I have, it's when your and you're are mixed up. mad.gif

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Jan 30 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #212

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Jan 30 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]498863[/snapback]
Ah. Pictures from Kesenai Tsumi. I see. Thanks for letting me know! biggrin.gif (if I really did bought the Japanese games just for this I probably would've beaten myself up. XD)

Yeah, the Kesenai Tsumi images. (I wasn't sure if they were the ones, cause it's been a while sicne I saw the ending aniamtion...too long :{ But if you say they are they must be)

No problem. =)

Oh another thing that annoys me about the English translation, besides the inconsistency in the spelling of Kimbley (Kimbley one moment, Kimblee the next O_o;;; ) is in the scene that shows Hughes' death when Riza speaks to Roy. She says 'you're' when she should be saying 'your'.
And if it's one huge pet peeve I have, it's when your and you're are mixed up. mad.gif

oh wow, that really sucks o_O

I am the type that gets really anal about you're and your mistakes too. I mean... they are... so basic! You shouldn't get them wrong after elementary school!

(lol, I screencapped all those a long time ago from Kesenai Tsumi, so I am pretty sure that they are. 8D )

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jan 31 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #213

Lt. General

oh wow, that really sucks o_O

I am the type that gets really anal about you're and your mistakes too. I mean... they are... so basic! You shouldn't get them wrong after elementary school!

I know! O_O It gets to me so much! Along with the people who mix up there, their and they're. O_o;;; The people who mix up to and too I can SOMETIMES forgive, cause sometimes it's just a typo, one I've made a few times, but it's still a little annoying...
I mean, yeah, my grammar and speech isn't always great itself, heck I tend to sound like a valley girl hippie sometimes, but at least I know my basics. =/

But, but, but....the Riza's 'you're' instead of 'your', will never be as bad (or hilarious) as Jenova's 'becuase' in FFVIII. laugh.gif

Or Aerith's (I refuse to say Aeris) "This man are sick" (or however it went)

or "Off course!"

Ahhhhhhh, crappy video game translators...how you make us giggle. XDDD

--------------------
My icon comm

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Jan 31 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #214

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Yay, I beat Pride (as Scar)! Scar has the best powers, in my opinion. Right now, I'm playing as Izumi. (Character mode only takes about 45 minutes to beat ohmy.gif)

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Meitantei Conan
post Feb 3 2007, 02:34 AM
Post #215

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 42,299

Well i finally got A Nintendo Ds lite(yay) But i beat Teh Story mode already but i'm in charcter mode, and I'm Scar i need help beating Pride... So if anyone can help me with soem "Tips" please and thank you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Feb 6 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #216

Lt. General

Check the last couple pages of this thread dear. There's already help posted for beating Scar. ;)

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
Bluewish
post Feb 6 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #217

Apprentice

Member No.: 37,464

I'm still on story mode stuck fighting Wrath...anyone have any good tips on how I can beat him and move on?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Feb 6 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #218

Lt. General

I'm still on story mode stuck fighting Wrath...anyone have any good tips on how I can beat him and move on?

I'm actually surprised when people say they had difficulty beating Wrath. My good friend, before I actually got the game myself, told me it took her several tries. I always defeat Wrath in the first minute, without taking any damage. :/

Here's how you do it:

Use Mustang's alchemy. When he runs at you, use the fire attack. If he gets too close it won't work tho.

Get away from him, and stay away from him until you van use alchemy again. And just repeat.

ALSO:

Usually, depending on the strength of the attack (I recommend just holding down on it for a few seconds so it gets a little bigger), he won't bother chasing you again, he'll just jump back and use his huge spike attack. To avoid that you just go to the end of the screen. Then just wait until it's done and when he's heading to you, use the flame alchemy again. Then he'll just try using the spike attack once more. XDDD I like doing this the most cause then I don't have to run away and wait to use alchemy again; I can just head to the end of the screen, stand there and wait, and then Wrath comes back to do it all over again tongue.gif

And that's about it. =/ I find this the simplest battle in the game actually. Wrath's a wimp. XP

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Feb 6 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #219

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Fushigi Rockna @ Feb 6 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]501861[/snapback]
Here's how you do it:

Use Mustang's alchemy. When he runs at you, use the fire attack. If he gets too close it won't work tho.

Get away from him, and stay away from him until you van use alchemy again. And just repeat.

ALSO:

Usually, depending on the strength of the attack (I recommend just holding down on it for a few seconds so it gets a little bigger), he won't bother chasing you again, he'll just jump back and use his huge spike attack. To avoid that you just go to the end of the screen. Then just wait until it's done and when he's heading to you, use the flame alchemy again. Then he'll just try using the spike attack once more. XDDD I like doing this the most cause then I don't have to run away and wait to use alchemy again; I can just head to the end of the screen, stand there and wait, and then Wrath comes back to do it all over again tongue.gif

And that's about it. =/ I find this the simplest battle in the game actually. Wrath's a wimp. XP

Exactly. Whenever I fight Wrath I go "lol this kid is stupid sleep.gif"

Mustang's flame alchemy FTW against Wrath. XD

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Feb 7 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #220

Lt. General

Lol, I can't find any other battle where Mustang's flame is so effective! laugh.gif

Also, another tip (although you shouldn't need it with the strategy I just gave), when he jumps at you, jump at the same time over him. (or is it he jumps at the same time you do? I forget) When he does the vine attack, jump over him. =/ Mustang's flame and jumping: yer best friends in this battle.

Trust me, he's nothing compared to the asshole you have to fight after him in character mode. >> I even have more difficulty with that large fire breathing chimera than I do with Wrath. (heck I have more difficulty with the onslaught of regular chimeras that attack you in the last level. X_x; Damn I hate those things)

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Feb 7 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #221

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

Wrath's a wimp. XP

And he's purple laugh.gif

I agree with you, Fushigi. I find Wrath an easy person to beat.

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
Bluewish
post Feb 9 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #222

Apprentice

Member No.: 37,464

Ok ok ok ok!
I have my problems with games, but thanks a ton!
LOL i guess I should try Flame...I always use the cannons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Feb 9 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #223

Lt. General

I usually don't use the alchemy at all. XP *button masher* but there have been some battles where you do need it. Wrath and Roy's battles for instance. then there are some where it just helps...like Greed's...

--------------------
My icon comm

+Quote Post
Edo ish love
post Feb 19 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #224

Citizen

Member No.: 44,827

I absolutely love this game, and they ARE right, it does take MAD skill to play some levels.
the hard thing is beating pride, but once you get the hang of it, (which i havent yet) i guess its easy ^^

--------------------
you only have two lives ;
one for you, and one for your dreams

+Quote Post
Ookami347
post Feb 21 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #225

Citizen

Member No.: 44,948

I absolutely love this game, and they ARE right, it does take MAD skill to play some levels.
the hard thing is beating pride, but once you get the hang of it, (which i havent yet) i guess its easy ^^

I agree, its really fun! however, I can't beat pride either...

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 10:34 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css