HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Full Moon wo Sagashite (Searching for the Full Moon)
DarkWarrior
post Apr 8 2005, 04:37 PM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Kinbari-chan @ Apr 5 2005, 07:27 PM)
Overall I enjoyed it....I liked the whole death/suicide theme it had mixed in with the love story.
[snapback]147495[/snapback]

Yeah i know! That's why I thought FMwS was really unique. It's cute on the outside, but dark on the inside.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MitsukiKouyama
post Apr 18 2005, 03:10 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 9,275

As you can probably tell by my screenname, I'm a Full Moon wo Sagashite fan, too. ^^ I've only seen the first 9 episodes of the anime and the first 4 chapters of the manga, though. X_x I found acanlations at Anime-source, but the translation of chapter 5 seemed weird. O_o Does anyone know where else I can get scanlations (besides Toriyamaworld, since I read the first 4 chappies already, and Anime-source, since the translations don't sound right)?
And I'm not waiting for Viz to license it, because they'll ruin it! >_< They've been licensing (and destroying) all of my favorite mangas- Yu Yu Hakusho (anyone know where I can find scanlations of this btw? I'm getting sick of the horrible Viz translations X_x), Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Hunter X Hunter, Fullmetal Alchemist, and now Full Moon. Y_Y

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 22 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #18

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

*ish gonna say something that will get tomatoes thrown at her*

sad.gif I wanted Mitsuki to die so that Eichi can be with her... and why the heck is Takuto alive! >< Mehhhh why is there a happy ending too?

and I don't like how they treated her throat cancer. If she delayed her treatment by this late (altho they did said it's because she transformed to Full Moon so that's why she is still alive) but when she sleep and all her cancer gets worse right? T_T Why is she still alive? This makes people think that life is easy going and all... -.-;

What I think Mitsuki went through is really... not much... FMwS is not as angst as FMA imo. And I never liked KKJ altho I did read the whole thing... and since you all said that FMwS manga is much better, I don't have to watch anime now (altho already downloaded because I was a download whore last year xD) thanks, lol *flees*

oh, I don't hate FMwS... I still love it, but I don't like Mitsuki... I enjoy the gags in it and I love the other characters (I dislike Takuto and Mitsuki... uhh they just bugs me... especially when it talks about their relationship... yea, I don't like romance stuff THAT much altho I LOVE ANGST o_O) I find Meroko and Izumi and Eichi + many other characters much worth paying attention to than Takuto and Mitsuki... so yea, sorry for sounding so harsh up there lol

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Apr 22 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #19

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

...Well, it's a different kind of angst. Feeling incredibly alone is something that's kind of hard to relate to unless you feel it yourself, I suppose...rolleyes.gif

Also, while we're back on the subject of Full Moon, I put up a really short karaoke version of 'Myself' (Full Moon's debut in the anime and the 2nd ending theme), if any one wants to give me angry feedback for butchering the song...laugh.gif||

Elderberry-ish...

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Apr 26 2005, 02:29 AM
Post #20

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Elderberry @ Apr 22 2005, 02:33 PM)
...Well, it's a different kind of angst.  Feeling incredibly alone is something that's kind of hard to relate to unless you feel it yourself, I suppose...rolleyes.gif

[snapback]158671[/snapback]

umm... does it count if I had leukemia (which is much more serious than what Mitsuki had? Hers can be cured easily... wait for the technology to create voice box and she will be able to sing again in a few years time) myself before, at age 12 (which is about the same as Mitsuki)? I guess this is one reason why I don't like Mitsuki because... I despise those that doesn't value their life. What she went through is nothing compared to all the kids I saw at the hospital (and I was considered one of the luckiest among them... It hurts so much to see that little 2 years old boy pass away because the medication didn't work on him. We spent a month together in the same room until I got transferred to a different room... I survived and he didn't... There are also those that are stuck in the hopsital for years and are only relying on the equipments to survive. You can just see how life is soo vulnerable like this... that's why those that give up on their life are... well, sucks. sleep.gif) *should stop getting off topic o_O*

Mitsuki's doctor should've brought Mitsuki around to see other kids suffering from cancer. Explain to her why she should seize her life and do the operation. Encourage her by telling her that technology advances so fast that in a few years time fake vocal cords will be available. THAT DOC IS NOT PROFESSIONAL ENOUGH! -__-; (sorry, I always have trouble remembering names ^^; )

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Apr 27 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #21

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

QUOTE (armor-alchemist @ Apr 26 2005, 01:29 AM)
umm... does it count if I had leukemia (which is much more serious than what Mitsuki had? Hers can be cured easily... wait for the technology to create voice box and she will be able to sing again in a few years time) myself before, at age 12 (which is about the same as Mitsuki)? I guess this is one reason why I don't

Armor you had leukemia ohmy.gif You are so brave to have survived.

I just finished Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne I thought it was great why does it seem like everybody likes her? It's kinda of annoying.. dry.gif especially weird...

EVEN KAMI-SAMA LOVES HER

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post May 4 2005, 05:20 AM
Post #22

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Hmm... I wonder... I suppose every individual have different reasons to keep living. I wonder what Mitsuki would think seeing others suffering too..
Anyway armor -alchemist, your story was touching.. (and it's not really off topic either).

Anyway, I also FINALLY finished reading the manga. I have great trouble reading on the computer, but when I started getting into it my reading actually progressed.
Oh, this was SO different from the anime. The plot and even the characters... I wonder why there was such a drastic difference... I don't think it was angstier or anything, but yeah, it did focus a lot more on the relationships and character pasts.. There were relationships and pasts that weren't at all in the anime.. *cries* I really find those to be interesting! Then some characters really surprised me..
like Jonathan actually being "the boss"... in the anime he never showed his "other self" which prob.. didn't even exist?
And those couples.... well like my fave naturally Wakaouji and Ooshige In the anime, even though they did end up together.. they seemed "friends" at first for a loong time.. and there wasn't the part with Masami half chasing after Keiichim who had been in love with Mitsuki's mother.. and all that drama between them AT ALL
also Meroko and Izumi didn't end up together in the anime.. and I think Meroko stayed pretty much in love with Takuto
And the rest weren't there.. *cries.* I really liked the end in this series. It was awfully cute and beautiful. especially the part with Eichi wink.gif. Oh.. and that wasn't in the anime either
Interesting that the song at the end (New Future) was the one that Mitsuki sung at her audition in the first ep of the anime.. and wel also at the end.. Actually I liked both endings and at the moment I'm stuck with the dilemma: which do I prefer.
The anime was clearer and more touching... but the manga focused more on features that I value smile.gif.

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
MasterKris
post Jun 29 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Member No.: 8,833

One thing I really luv about this series is that is has a good ending. (manga, not anime) Up till now all the mangas I've read and animes I've watched, this has the best ending eva.

--------------------
HYO!!
Known as the Sadistic Feedbacker. The Wise Spanish Apprentice of *~vachi~*
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/Mas...-sensei-sig.png
Siggy & avvy made by me.

Visit My Manhwa/Manga Raws Thread!!

+Quote Post
hidden__happines...
post Jul 2 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #24

Citizen

Member No.: 16,077

It does have a pretty good ending.
I almost cried when i was reading it!!
I then saved all the parts that I loved about the manga, the anime I still haven't seen, but from what people say here..
i think I'd like the manga more.

+Quote Post
Seung Mina
post Jul 10 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 16,750

i've read like the first chapter of it and seen the first few episodes, but other than that, from what i've read in newtype and a few other magazines, it seems pretty good.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Forum Fam:
Cousins: animejunkie429800
Sisters:
Brothers:

+Quote Post
Judith
post Jul 14 2005, 02:51 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 16,536

I'm so jealous of you guys! You can read kanji? It ain't fair, I tell you... I'm just down to easy phrases even... Awww... So you say it's nice in the next chapters? I didn't know they had all the chapters of volume 2, ehehe... Either way... happy.gif It's nice to know, probably some time soon some of them scanlators will sit on their behinds and translate some more for poor creatures like me... xD

Yeah well, Eichi-kun didn't look too bad, honestly said... But I'm just more into dark haired guys that don't show emotion so openly. happy.gif; Dunno, dunno... I just meant to exterminate them as a couple... Lol... I don't mind those two separately! happy.gif Just like with Tomoe and Kenshin from "Rurouni Kenshin".

Is there possibly some place where you can direct download FMwS anime... O,o Or some channel in IRC or something? I'd like to see it anyway. ^^

--------------------
You're fragile as a glass and that earns my sympathy. In other words, I like you.

+Quote Post
Kinbari-chan
post Jul 21 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #27

Citizen

Member No.: 7,848

QUOTE(Kihaku @ Jul 19 2005, 11:11 AM)
Yay! *hugs Kinbari-chan*. Great that there's another FwS- anime fan. biggrin.gif
Without the anime I wouldn't have read the manga.
That took a little long for me, because I don't fancy reading on the comp, so I didn't get as into it as I did with the anime, but at the end I found that I really did like the manga for many reasons (mostly parts that I think should/coul have been in the anime), even if the anime touched me more.

I actually thought that the anime was darker than the manga, which was more shoujoish to me, tongue.gif But I don't know.. maybe it's just me...
[snapback]218397[/snapback]

I actually read the manga first and I saw the OVA of Full Moon from a site I downloaded it off and decided I see the actual anime so I bought the DVD's of it. Even though both versions had some similarities but were different in many ways I liked how the plots of each turned out. I have vol. 1 of FMwS in English and on a page with the little notes on the side Arina Tanemura said since the series was already an anime by chapter 4, she purposely wanted to keep the plot/storyline of each version different, and I thought that to be interesting. Anyways I thought the manga to be more dark (all the issues that dealt with suicide and stuff that weren't discussed in the anime). To me the anime was more emotional...especially the last quarter of the show. But like you said it's just our own opinion. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image
This sig is made by my all so wonderful brother, Jonathan. Want a sig? Contact him at Heavyarms410@aol.com.

+Quote Post
Sayurianded4evr
post Dec 3 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #28

Citizen

Member No.: 42,964

Hey all, I love takuto, and meroko is awsome-posome, also....mitsuki sucks.

--------------------
Hello.
You all remember me as that naive little girl.
Well, congrats.
She's dead now.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2016 - 06:54 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css