HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Full Moon wo Sagashite (Searching for the Full Moon)
DarkWarrior
post Mar 6 2005, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

Has anyone read that manga? I really enjoyed it! I didn't think I was going to like it, but it was really good.
The art was amazing, and the story is great. hehe I know the main theme is love and hope, but man it's dark! if you know what I mean.
I thought it wasn't going to be a happy ending but no it was a nice ending.
Question: How did Takuro come back to life? Did he actually kill himself or was that a dream

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 2002
Author: Tanemura Arina
Artist: Tanemura Arina
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo, Slice Of Life

Summary
A bittersweet tale of puppy love, tragic pasts, and aspiration of pop star fame. A spark of faith ignites to a flame in twelve-year-old Mitsuki Koyama when a comical pair of magical beings appear to prove to her that dreams really do come true.

Young Mitsuki loves singing and dreams of becoming a popstar. Unfortunately a malignant tumor in her throat prevents her pursuing her passion. However, her life turns around when two suprisingly fun-loving harbingers of death appear to grant Mitsuki a temorary reprieve from her illness and give her singing career a magical push start.

Reason for edit: Description and info added by Mod
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Mar 6 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #2

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

Ah, there's another member on this forum that loves Full Moon? laugh.gif *pops confetti*

Yes, it starts out pretty innocently, but it is rather dark...(I would consider it more considerably more depressing than 'Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne' or 'Time Stranger Kyoko') You should take a look at Tanemura-sensei's other works that she did before Full Moon, too. happy.gif

And about the question...(which you should have put in spoiler tags~ dry.gif)
Supposedly what happened was that he went into a coma or something when he fell off the building, so he was always kind of half-alive/half-dead-ish...being hit by the scythe made him return to his human body, and he woke up in a hospital...Also, the Death Master and Sheldon decided to use the last of their power to "create something pure," which turned out to be Takuto's voice (which is why he could still talk at the end of the story). happy.gif

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 6 2005, 09:55 AM
Post #3

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

Argh! I wish I hadn't read this topic... darn spoiler! Argh.. agh..... (I'm not highlighting that other one though tongue.gif)
I'm really interested in reading the manga. I've seen some of the art, and I thought it was beautiful. Awfully cute and shoujo wink.gif

- I've been watching the anime only.. I was surprised that I liked something so girly... I've seen over 40 eps (still some to go) and it wasn't that dark to me... More like serious and touching. Yes, I've even cried a few times tongue.gif .
The anime has tured out to be something else and much better than I expected even though it's not something I'd usually watch. (I actually don't rememeber why I started watching it... wierd... tongue.gif)

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 7 2005, 11:53 AM
Post #4

Brigadier General

Elderberry:
Yeah.. I figured that with 7 vols 50 eps is quite a lot.. some seemed like filler, but I've enjoyed most anyway wink.gif (I can't tell which are and which aren't though..).
And it isn't hard to imagine that the manga is a lot better.. aren't those versions usually? I would expect it to be a little darker too.. but how do you know if you haven't seen much of the anime? wink.gif
That's Mitsuki on your avatar, or? Ive seen very little of the manga art, but I suppose it might feel a little different.

DarkWarrior:
Thanks! biggrin.gif Oh and don't worry about spoilers, I can always go back to read them wink.gif.

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
DarkWarrior
post Mar 10 2005, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Citizen

Hey I never used to read fluffly shoujo stuff before this Full Moon... umm does CCS counts for one? Because that's the only other shoujo manga I've read. and I really like them too! happy.gif They have the whole characters' relationship planned out very well and the story is well structured. Anyway yeah I also like stories with a dark theme >_<

OT: Yeah this is off topic, but I've been reading Ranma 1/2, and man is it pissing me off! The series is 30 something volumes long, and it's not even coherent. Takashi just adds more characters and stuff, and most of them are so annoying >_< Yeah I guess I was comparing FMwS to Ranma... the characters' relationship that is... and the style of how it's written.

+Quote Post
DarkWarrior
post Mar 10 2005, 02:35 PM
Post #6

Citizen

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif yes dark theme!!! w00t!

lol. OH YEAH Happosai is the most annoying little creature ever!! They should just leave him to die! Shampoo gets annoying aswell, and Akane can be so stupid most of the time! Ukyo is cute though. But I'm still for Ranma and Akane... >_<

OT: Elderberry, what other manga have you read that you really enjoyed? I might check them out. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
DarkWarrior
post Mar 10 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #7

Citizen

Hey thanks happy.gif I looked up arima tanenuma (i probably spelled it wrong) and it got me to this deviantart club dedicated to her and i found her whole bunch of other series she did! I'm reading a one shot now, and its good happy.gif I can't wait to read her other full length mangas.

But I've noticed, I dont know if you said that before, but her characters really look similar. Oh well the art is still great.

+Quote Post
Kinbari-chan
post Mar 10 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #8

Citizen

Member No.: 7,848

It's very good! happy.gif The artwork is beautiful...it's very similar to Kamizake Kaitou Jeanne but I love it anyhow. I think Arina Tanemura has the most beautiful artwork out of any other manga artist. And she uses the biggest eyes I've ever seen on characters!! lol.

--------------------
user posted image
This sig is made by my all so wonderful brother, Jonathan. Want a sig? Contact him at Heavyarms410@aol.com.

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 13 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #9

Brigadier General

Elderberry:
Oh yes ! smile.gif I also enjoy romance and angst combined. smile.gif
dark themes are very intriguing... Actually I'm more of a fan of a happy end, but somehow I sometimes start really liking a series after a fave character dies tongue.gif I guess it depends on how things are depicted. Something too sappy is just... well sickly and gross.. but if someone just dies.. that's not much either. Blood and gore isn't entertaining unless it hasn't got something else into it. I like it how artists deal with emotions and angsty character pasts. As much as I like happy stuff(and end) I don't have anything against sad stuff, if it's dealt with in the right way.

yeah.. I noticed that the eyes in Full Moon wo Sagashite were very large smile.gif
But that's the shoujo style, right?
I don't worry too much about the art being very similar. I don't know. In some cases it might be hard to distinguish between characters as I tend to think of someone being someone else . tongue.gif

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Mar 13 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #10

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

I think that Full Moon Wo sagashite is similar to Fruit basket how it's funny but it's mixed in with a dark side.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Mar 13 2005, 09:40 AM
Post #11

Brigadier General

Yeah.. good point. smile.gif
I think Furuba seems a little darker and funnier though. Fullmooon... very much in the middle, and more shoujo-ish. tongue.gif (but I haven't read that much of the manga yet)
I mean it's easier for me to imagine guys enjoying Furuba instead of Fullmoon.

--------------------
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
user posted image

+Quote Post
DarkWarrior
post Mar 13 2005, 10:04 AM
Post #12

Citizen

Wahh I finished I.O.N. and time stranger kyoto! biggrin.gif It was good. tongue.gif TSK was really good! biggrin.gif Well thought up tongue.gif

Tanemura is my hero tongue.gif

Yeah! I JUST finished KKJ happy.gif (wow i've been reading too much for one day o.o)

At first, I thought it was kinda like Sailor Moon, but afterwards, it became so much more better!!!! Tanemura IS my hero! She puts so much emotions and feelings into her characters and make them go through all those internal conflicts... I can just relate to them. biggrin.gif Man all her mangas are well thought up, there's always a twist.

Can't wait till she finishes her latest serie biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Mar 15 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #13

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

Yep, yep. Internal conflicts are fun~ laugh.gif

Oh, and please refrain from double-posting...sleep.gif||

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Apr 4 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #14

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

Tanemura Arina is great. Three cheers for her because I just finished Full Moon. *cries* Oh and Hi EKE. smile.gif I really enjoyed the ending I thought it was good not because it was a happy ending but among other things I shall post when my forum diet is up.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Kinbari-chan
post Apr 5 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #15

Citizen

Member No.: 7,848

I myself just finsihed reading Full Moon yesterday. It was such a great story! At first. the few first chapters seemed slow to me but by Volume 3 I was into it (I read 10 chapters yesterday...lol). I actually liked the ending...though it wasn't as grand as in other works of hers it ended happily and I believe Mitsuki made the right choice (don't want to spoil it happy.gif) Overall I enjoyed it....I liked the whole death/suicide theme it had mixed in with the love story.

--------------------
user posted image
This sig is made by my all so wonderful brother, Jonathan. Want a sig? Contact him at Heavyarms410@aol.com.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 11:04 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css