HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post Jun 22 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #22576

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Michiyo-, you're amazing! Thank you! biggrin.gif

Radical Dreamer--Nonsense! Those are wonderful drawings!

gretchen8642--Welcome back!

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 23 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #22577

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,547

Wow, I love that 'Royai gumcard', it looks beautiful.

*Ahem*... I have a question for all you wonderful Royai fans (I will try to word this right, english isn't my native language, so bear with me) - recently, me and my friend got into a pretty big argument (just for fun of course) about which pairing is better- Royai or IchiRuki (Ichigo and Rukia from Bleach - and yes, I know it's a sad thing to get into a 'argument' about, haha). Now, there wouldn't be a problem in her prefering IchiRuki, if it wasn't because she said Royai is a shallow pairing with 'zero evidence ' (she has read the manga, so I pretty much went 'what, you can't be serious?!' when she said that). Basically she thinks IchiRuki is a million times deeper, unless I can convince her otherwise. So, my question for you is; why is Royai the better relationship, and what makes it - in your opinion - better than IchiRuki?

Okay, I know this is completely silly, and if it's against the rules to mention any other pairings here, I'm sorry but...just answer the question if you can. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 23 2011, 03:02 AM
Post #22578

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

QUOTE (Sakuyahanabi @ Jun 23 2011, 04:50 AM) *
*Ahem*... I have a question for all you wonderful Royai fans (I will try to word this right, english isn't my native language, so bear with me) - recently, me and my friend got into a pretty big argument (just for fun of course) about which pairing is better- Royai or IchiRuki (Ichigo and Rukia from Bleach - and yes, I know it's a sad thing to get into a 'argument' about, haha). Now, there wouldn't be a problem in her prefering IchiRuki, if it wasn't because she said Royai is a shallow pairing with 'zero evidence ' (she has read the manga, so I pretty much went 'what, you can't be serious?!' when she said that). Basically she thinks IchiRuki is a million times deeper, unless I can convince her otherwise. So, my question for you is; why is Royai the better relationship, and what makes it - in your opinion - better than IchiRuki?

Okay, I know this is completely silly, and if it's against the rules to mention any other pairings here, I'm sorry but...just answer the question if you can. smile.gif

Welcome to Royai thread, Sakuyahanabi! ^^

Actually, we CAN mention other pairings on this thread. That is not against our rules. biggrin.gif
But, we don't allow bashing or bad-mouthing of other pairings or shippers of such pairings, from FMA or from other fandom, and for that reason, we generally try to avoid "Royai is better/superior/deeper/whatnot than couple A (or B or C...)" type discussions here. tongue.gif (Also, generally, we try to avoid doing this type of "hearsay Fandom debate" on our board...without giving a chance to hear/read the whole original statement/ or having the representative who can speak for "the other side" because, from our experiences we think such Fandom debate could get one-sided. smile.gif ) Instead...

You're very welcome to find out why we like Royai, and what makes Royai a "deep" relationship in our opinion. I highly recommend taking a peek at "My Thoughts and Reflection on Royai" posted by FMAobsessed. I think it's a beautiful statement representing the way many Royai fans here feel about this couple (and more ^^) as well as checking out many other wonderful statements posted on this subject by many of awesome posters on this thread. Or, hopefully, some others can shed light on this and share their opinions also. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 23 2011, 04:59 AM
Post #22579

Citizen

Okay, thanks for informing me, Tombow, I will take a look around; this thread has good 1506 pages, so I'm sure many, many people have stated and reflected on their reasons for why they love this pairing so much. wink.gif

Btw, does anyone know about this fanfic... I read it on fanfiction.net a while ago, but now I can't find it. I can't remember the name, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think it was a part of an trilogy, and like an aftermath of the manga ending. The first part was about (Warning! Series Final Spoiler!! --->) Ed and Winry's wedding, but also focus on many other characters, like Roy and Riza (with many cute moment between them). It's a great story, and everyone is so in-character, but I only got to read the first few chapters... I would love to read it again.

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 23 2011, 05:12 AM
Post #22580

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

Welcome to the Royai thread, Sakuyahanabi! By the sounds of it, you're talking about LadyNorbert's brilliantly awesome Elemental Chess Trilogy. (Warning --> Contains end of series spoilers) Just to be sure, is this the story you started reading? xP That's the first in her trilogy. ohmy.gif This is the only trilogy I can think of fitting that description!

Either way, people should read it if they get the chance. tongue.gif I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's awesome. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 23 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #22581

Citizen

^ Yes, that's the one! Thank you so much! *Starts reading* hug.gif

+Quote Post
tunawonder
post Jun 23 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #22582

Citizen

Member No.: 81,942

QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 23 2011, 06:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Sakuyahanabi @ Jun 23 2011, 04:50 AM) *

Welcome to Royai thread, Sakuyahanabi! ^^

You're very welcome to find out why we like Royai, and what makes Royai a "deep" relationship in our opinion. I highly recommend taking a peek at "My Thoughts and Reflection on Royai" posted by FMAobsessed. I think it's a beautiful statement representing the way many Royai fans here feel about this couple (and more ^^) as well as checking out many other wonderful statements posted on this subject by many of awesome posters on this thread. Or, hopefully, some others can shed light on this and share their opinions also. happy.gif

oh my god. i was just gonna look around for the one last time and get some Royai sweetness before going to bed and then I saw that post. I've been a shipper for quite some years now and never have I felt the want to have my say in the matter so irresistable to the point i am actually posting before, the irony of it being that no fight had even begun here but I was compelled to make my first post about a ship. The problem here is, I am a BIG, BIG, BIG fan of both Royai and Ichiruki. Pairings like Royai are just so hard to find and I was feeling happy to discover pairings just as heartwarming and loveable as Royai. So do imagine my sadness when somebody even thought of comparing them at all. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

Ok. Having relieved my emotional stress I must, for the sake of upholding standard community etiquette and showing respect to fellow Royai fanatics ( wink.gif ), do the customary introduction that the honored seniors of this discussion board must have noticed to be missing by now.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I <3 x10^100000000000 Royai.
よろしくお願いします!!!!!!!
ロイアイがジャスティス!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 23 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #22583

Citizen

QUOTE (tunawonder @ Jun 23 2011, 10:53 AM) *
The problem here is, I am a BIG, BIG, BIG fan of both Royai and Ichiruki. Pairings like Royai are just so hard to find and I was feeling happy to discover pairings just as heartwarming and loveable as Royai. So do imagine my sadness when somebody even thought of comparing them at all. I just couldn't believe my eyes.

Oh wow, I'm sorry! ohmy.gif Haha, well, I guess you can compare them in that sense that they're both 'battle couples' or partners of some sort, and both from shonen series, but other than that, their relationships are very different. In all honestly, I like both pairings, but love Royai a little more so. wink.gif

+Quote Post
HawkseyeM1910
post Jun 23 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #22584

Citizen

Member No.: 80,381

@Sakuyahanabi:
I don't think the relationship between Ichigo and Rukia can really be compared to Royai. I do love both pairings though.

To me, Royai is much more deep, they share a history together and their lives are entwined by a dream they share together. Their relationship is one between adults, and the way they show compassion for each other is different. From that moment at her fathers grave and he shared his goal with her and when she entrusted her back to him, and then eventually he to her, their fate together was pretty much sealed. Some other "evidence" of their relationship is when Riza broke down and was going to let Lust kill her when she thought Roy was dead. Not to mention after Roy "lost it" from fighting Envy (and was being scolded by Scar and Ed) he told her "I can't lose you too" when she threatened her own life.

Rukia and Ichigo, have a younger relationship, seeing as they tease and yell at each other and that's their way of showing compassion for one another. A relationship between Ichigo and Rukia may seem to be more apparent, but then again, even as a Ichigo/Rukia shipper, I still have to admit that a relationship between Ichigo and Orihime can come across as being apparent too (even though I really, really dislike it).

When I say relationship, I don't necessarily mean it's romantic, but a close bond that the two characters share only with each other.

I really am surprised your friend thinks there is "zero evidence" even after reading the manga. I guess that's what makes it Royai though, it's subtle but it's definitely there, you just have to read between the lines! :]
(Warning! Major Royai spoiler!)Not to mention, Royai has been confirmed as being canon by Arakawa in Artbook 3. .

I love both pairings, but given the length of the shows, the story lines, and character interactions in both, they can't really be compared. Though, I wanted to point out some little things that could be considered as "evidence."
FMA is already done and over with and certain things have been confirmed.
Bleach is on-going, and seeing as they just started a new arc, I don't think it's going to end anytime soon, so we may never know or not know for a long time about certain things being confirmed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sakuyahanabi
post Jun 24 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #22585

Citizen

Thank you for answering my question, HawkseyeM1910! happy.gif

QUOTE (HawkseyeM1910 @ Jun 23 2011, 10:01 PM) *
@Sakuyahanabi:Rukia and Ichigo, have a younger relationship, seeing as they tease and yell at each other and that's their way of showing compassion for one another.

I think you're right in everything you said, especially with this. ^

You're right about it being hard to compare them, especially because of that fact. IchiRuki does have a 'younger relationship' - Ichigo is still a young teenager (well, okay, he recently turned seventeen), and Rukia a teenager in, well...shinigami years. Roy and Riza are two grown adults, who have been through many hardships together, so their relationship are likely more 'deep' or 'mature' (Its the same thing when comparing EdWin and Royai...I love both pairings, but they really can't be compared, mainly beacuse of the age difference. We don't know how Ed and Winry's relationship is going to change when they're in their late twenties and more mature, we only know how they acted around each other when they where young teens, and just discovering their feelings.) I'm not sure if Ichigo and Rukia share any romantic feelings for each other (it's simply too vauge to tell yet) but whatever their feelings are, is something they still have to figure out. I feel like Roy and Riza already 'knows', they're older, wiser about life and love, and that's the difference.

So yeah, in many ways, I guess it was unfair to compare these pairings, but oh well. What's done is done.

+Quote Post
HawkseyeM1910
post Jun 24 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #22586

Citizen

Member No.: 80,381

@Sakuyahanabi: No problem. ^.^
I agree with you saying Ichigo and Rukia have yet to figure out their feelings if there are any, while Roy and Riza already have.

And it wasn't "unfair" to compare them, besides its fun to look at interactions between other characters. No harm done! smile.gif

I didn't say this in my other post but welcome to the board too! <3

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 24 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #22587

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Sakuyahanabi and tunawonder --Welcome! smile.gif

Every so often, we get into comparing moods here on the Royai thread, so, as you can tell, it's definitely not forbidden to mention any other pairing. Just as long as you try to stay on-topic. If, however, you were to start going on about IchiRuki without mentioning Royai at all, that would be different. As you, haven't, well, it's absolutely fine. smile.gif

Although, I really don't know anything about IchiRuki, so I can't contribute to the conversation. ^^; I can say that I know that their "relationship" (such as it is) isn't as long-standing as Royai, but that's about it. Do carry on, though, if there's more to say! I just thought I'd pop in and say hi. smile.gif

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 24 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #22588

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@HawkseyeM1910 - I like your analysis very much! I think it's spot-on! biggrin.gif

And, jacksparrow589 has a good point about not going off-topic. ^^ Yes, we can bring up other couples, and that's quite fine, as long as not going "trash talk" on such couples, and not going off-topic. biggrin.gif

Also, welcome to our board, and welcome to Royai thread, tunawonder! Glad to have you with us! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hikarioneza
post Jun 24 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #22589

Citizen

Member No.: 81,059

Hello fellow Royai shippers. smile.gif I've just read through a lot of pages here, and I love all the analysis on Royai; it makes me love the couple even more. <3

I've heard it's okay to talk about other couples here (as long as you don't go completely off-topic from Royai) so, I have just have one question I've wanted to ask on this board for a long time now; why, oh why is the EdxWinry thread not even half as popular as the Royai thread? I see all this great discussion about Royai, even essay-long post about the greatness of this pairing (it's all true btw, they truly are great) but next to nothing like that is in the EdWin thread. Both pairings are my OTP's-over-all-others, so that just makes me sad. xD EdWin may not be Royai, but are they truly not worth discussing? (Ok, now I'm just worried I got off-topic after all, but I really want to know! I'm losing faith as a EdWin shipper, lol. And no one would answer if I posted this in the EdWin thread, I think).

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jun 24 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #22590

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

@Sakuyahanabi I'm sorry I can't participate in your discussion concerning Royai and IchiRuki --I've never watched/read Bleach in my life! laugh.gif

@Hikarioneza One of the reasons could be that perhaps Royai, because of it's subtlety etc, is more open to interpretation than Edwin; therefore, it could be that it's something that can be delved into quite deeply and explored, hence provoking more discussion. There are so many people on this thread that can explain the amazing-ness of Royai so much better than I can, but I can add that little thought of mine...

Looking at at it from a slightly different perspective, arguably, at least part of the reason may be that we seem to generally have more Royai shippers here as it stands now-- enthusiastic and active ones at that; in other words, many of the members that frequent this thread keep it thriving by asking questions for discussion. It could even be that this discussion may potentially be what persuades guests (who are Royai fans) to join up and join the discussions themselves. But as I said, this may be a 'smaller' reason as to why this thread is more active --but I think it's at least partly a contributing factor to this thread's activity.

Come to think of it, we do have an Edwin or Royai? Thread which also may help shed some light on why Royai seems to be more popular. xP

As much as I love Royai, I'd love to have more discussion on the EdWin thread, considering that I actually love that couple more than Royai. wacko.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2016 - 01:37 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css