HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
jacksparrow589
post Jun 25 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #21751

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

RoyxRizaFan--Hmmm... Never seen that before, but I like it!

Michiyo---Oooh! Cool! I like it all very much!

Soooo... I was going through the themes I have written (but not necessarily posted) for my Royai 100, and I came across a theme I sort of wanted to expand on, so I wrote it. It's not blatant Royai by any means, and it's a bit of a monster (we're talking 1700 words for the story itself), but I thought I'd post it here. Takes place during Ishval, no spoilers beyond that, and is pretty self-explanatory. (i.e. You should recognize the part I made up.) Altered States of Consciousness

Warning: This does contain some slightly disturbing material (it's got Kimblee's thoughts on what he does, but not a graphic job description or worse--him doing his job), nothing sexual, and only 1 or 2 "bad" words.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hawkey...
post Jun 26 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #21752

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 62,114

I was on some thread, which name I don't remember happy.gif and there was someone called animefreak_zzz who has a link to her album http://community.webshots.com/user/animefreak_zzz in sig. There was a picture whom really look good for me and it supposed to be Roy in probably german military uniform, but his face didn't look like him to me so I decided to made a sketch with Roy's face like on Hughes's funeral. Hope you like it! wink.gif
And... yes there is a link to that pic http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22628...100146863VKFJlb

Attached File(s)
Attached File  scan0005.jpg ( 926.73K ) Number of downloads: 65

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo-,Sig is not by me

+Quote Post
Turdaewen
post Jun 26 2010, 07:28 AM
Post #21753

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 60,395

Me, myself, I have it hard to categorize Royai as 'platonic love'... The nature of the platonic love has nothing to do with what we usually call "Love" to begin with. Love in the platonic sense is more of a 'force of nature' than anything else. Something that could be described as the force of gravity, for instance.
It's deprived of any sort of affection or inclination.
Plato puts love in his works as something very complex, in fact. But something that has no sexual connotation whatsoever. To understand it without understanding the concept of the "World of Ideas" is very complicated, cause Love to Plato is love towards the Ideas, not people.

And even in the common connotation of the term, it says something of a love that is partially or even completely deprived from sensuality, which is not Royai's case. There's a big difference between choosing not to enter a romantic relationship for a reason (be that a mere insecurity or something like the 'sublimation' of a feeling for an ideal) and having a platonic love.
Even without being physically together, Roy and Riza are clearly attracted to eachother physically, so it's not 'platonic'. Their 'not being together' situation is something circumstantial, something they have decided to do for a reason and, probably, if it wasn't for THAT reason, they would be together.
So, for me, for every propose, even though they don't exactly kiss or sleep together, they are a couple. A true couple.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe

+Quote Post
spectator
post Jun 26 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #21754

Alchemists

Member No.: 34,836

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 26 2010, 08:28 AM) *
Their 'not being together' situation is something circumstantial, something they have decided to do for a reason and, probably, if it wasn't for THAT reason, they would be together.

I think both of them are waiting. Neither one of them want to make the first move, as if they are afraid that making that move will destroy their current relationship. Simply to say it like this: they just don't want to pressure each other. Still seeing each other every day probably enough for them. but torturing to the by-standers

And about episode 62... Why Roy and Riza suddenly have those 'cool' faces?

I gave the Royai eyecatch 101%. They just look so awesome together.

I thought that my avatar would be animated. But it's fine.
(Off topic comment: Please do not respond to this.)

--------------------
'Prince of Dawn' Fanfiction - Envoy of Love: The True Prince

Eastern Headquarters' Attraction - Something fun to read.

CoS and FMA1 Fanfiction - Right person, wrong place, wrong time

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Jun 27 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #21755

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

We apologize for filling this thread with many of our board announcement posts recently, however, FMA:Brotherhood anime episode 63 just aired in Japan, and the next week's airing will be the series' final episode, and hence....

<Special Reminder/Plea for the contents of final 2 episodes (eps 63 - 64) of FMA:Brotherhood anime >

As FMA:Brotherhood anime series is coming to it's final stage, here are special reminders for the contents of final 2 episodes (eps 63 - 64) of FMA:Brotherhood anime. smile.gif

Since the storyline for FMA:Brotherhood anime is closely tied to FMA manga, and there are many FMA fans who do not wish to be spoiled of the storyline before they get the chance to watch those episodes of FMA:B anime and/or read FMA manga chapter 108....

* Please DO NOT post ANY part of eps 63-64 content, including "preview" discussions, speculations, etc. of these episodes on any other threads in any part of the forums, except on designated discussion threads. This applies to ALL threads on our board, including many of the character discussion threads such as Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, Edward & Winry! Aka Ed X Win thread, and so on. Please post any discussion on any content of episodes 63-64 on designated threads only. Yes, this is different from our usual practice, but we ask everyone's cooperation. If you happen to forget and make post with such contents on non-designated threads, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no contents from episodes 63-64 would be discussed on your post.

Please also note that:
* When posting any pics from these final 2 episods, yes, even when posting on the designated threads, please post as LINKS and not IMAGES. (i.e. don't use [img][/img] BBcode, and also no use of thumbnails by uploading the pic to our site.) If you happen to forgot and post such images, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no direct image would be showing on your post.

* Please DO NOT make signature or avatar that would indicate/show the content of final 2 episodes, either by images or by text.
If you happen to forget and make such, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit such avatar or signature.

-----------------

Currently, we have the following designated threads, and planning to add more as time goes.

For those who have read FMA manga chapter 108, and wish to speculate/discuss possible contents in the series' final episodes of FMA:Brotherhood anime, please add your post on
"The Series Final Episode content speculation/wishful thinking thread - For those who had READ FMA MANGA Final chapter" with your comments with your speculations and wishful thinking for the contents of episodes 64.

For those who have NOT read FMA manga final chapter, and wish to speculate/discuss possible contents in the final 2 episodes of FMA:Brotherhood anime, please add your post on
"The Series Final Episode content speculation/wishful thinking thread - For those who had NOT READ FMA MANGA Final chapter" with your comments with your speculations and wishful thinking for the contents of episodes 64.

Additionally:
Royai fans who had read FMA manga chapter 108, you can includes some additional comments on the speculation/wish-list for the contents of the final 2 episodes of FMA:Brotherhood anime, as part of discussions for the conclusion of the FMA manga seires/FMA chapter 108 content, on Royai related matters, on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For Royai Fans upon the ending of FMA manga series

EdxWin fans who had read FMA manga chapter 108, you can includes some additional comments on the speculation/wish-list for the contents of the final 2 episodes of FMA:Brotherhood anime, as part of discussions for the conclusion of the FMA manga seires/FMA chapter 108 content, on EdxWin related matters, on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For EdxWin Fans upon the ending of FMA manga series

AlxMei fans who had read FMA manga chapter 108, you can includes some additional comments on the speculation/wish-list for the contents of the final 2 episodes of FMA:Brotherhood anime, as part of discussions for the conclusion of the FMA manga seires/FMA chapter 108 content, on AlxMei related matters, on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For AlxMei Fans upon the ending of FMA manga series

Fans & 'shippers of any other FMA pairings who had already read FMA chapter 108 and would like to have the similar discussion thread for their shipping pairing, please PM me and let me know. smile.gif

-------------

<Program Note>

QUOTE (spectator @ Jun 27 2010, 08:19 AM) *
No, no, no, guys. I mean I thought that the scene in my avatar will be animated in FMA:B. laugh.gif

<@spectator - I see. Since it's Izumi-Sig related comment, and therefore it is off topic on Royai thread, to avoid inviting any more of possible off topic discussions stemming from this comment, and even possible spoilers on this thread, I'm going to strike out your comment and related replies. You can discuss that on the appropriate threads such as Discussions on omitted scenes & scene changes from manga in FM:B or the content discussion thread of that episode. (Note: if the content were from FMA manga chapter 108 or related to FMA: Brotherhood episode 63-64, please DO NOT post on the above thread, and instead use appropriated designated thread. Also if it were related to FMA manga chapter 108 or related to FMA: Brotherhood episode 63-64, please do not make ANY such comment, on this thread AT ALL, regardless of on-topic or off-topic, and instead, please use the DESIGNATED threads.)
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaori Ayanami
post Jun 27 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #21756

Apprentice

Member No.: 70,575

[s]I thought that my avatar would be animated. But it's fine.

Was it originally a gif? As far as I know, only gif images can be animated. If you downloaded it, be sure to check the extension. Otherwise, I can guarantee you turning jpg into gif won't animate it XD (I'm saying this just it in case you don't know ^^U).
(The above response was based on misunderstanding. Please do not go further with this topic. ^^)

Well, well, what do you people who understand Spanish think about the fics I wrote about here? biggrin.gif I want to translate some for this community (that Bahasa-English translation made me feel like "hey, Spanish-speaking fandom has made good fics too!" cool.gif) but I'm kind of lost about what Royaish fics could the community be interested in. Your opinion is very important for me, since those are just too much to translate so I got to pick up a few. happy.gif

+Quote Post
RoyxRizaFan
post Jun 27 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #21757

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 54,333

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 26 2010, 10:28 AM) *
Me, myself, I have it hard to categorize Royai as 'platonic love'... The nature of the platonic love has nothing to do with what we usually call "Love" to begin with. Love in the platonic sense is more of a 'force of nature' than anything else. Something that could be described as the force of gravity, for instance.
It's deprived of any sort of affection or inclination.
Plato puts love in his works as something very complex, in fact. But something that has no sexual connotation whatsoever. To understand it without understanding the concept of the "World of Ideas" is very complicated, cause Love to Plato is love towards the Ideas, not people.

And even in the common connotation of the term, it says something of a love that is partially or even completely deprived from sensuality, which is not Royai's case. There's a big difference between choosing not to enter a romantic relationship for a reason (be that a mere insecurity or something like the 'sublimation' of a feeling for an ideal) and having a platonic love.
Even without being physically together, Roy and Riza are clearly attracted to eachother physically, so it's not 'platonic'. Their 'not being together' situation is something circumstantial, something they have decided to do for a reason and, probably, if it wasn't for THAT reason, they would be together.
So, for me, for every propose, even though they don't exactly kiss or sleep together, they are a couple. A true couple.

What a surprise! Turdaewen has said something wonderful and in perfectly clear English!!! I attempted to reply to this in detail but it's late, and when I tried I realized there was no better way to put how I agreed into words than putting a quote bracket around your post tongue.gif

...I mean what about the mini skirt army, folks? He's practically Fuhrer. There's no way around it!! I mean, Roy and Riza can be physically drawn to one another without acting on it. And they don't have to be romantic in the sense of flowers and floating hearts to be totally and completely in love. When they said "they're not romantic" I think they meant in the lovey-dovey flying hearts dinners every Friday night way, rather than "they're not attracted to each other from the neck down." I think they can be completely and totally attracted to each other and in love without being "lovey-dovey romantic." They ARE romantic, but in a different way than, say, Edwin.

...And after I promised I wasn't going to type...all right, I'm going to sleep now...

--------------------

Avatar by Michiyo and signature by me.
Fan Fiction, Fan Art
FMAobsessed Wrote:
Bradley: "Oh by the way I made Breda my personal assistant."
Roy: "WHAT NO! I AM IN IMMENSE SHOCK!"

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 28 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #21758

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

Greetings my fellow fans of the royai =D I've speant my whole weekend been ill, and am still ill today...grah last night was hell I'm so glad its morning now ;___; anyway I finished my new amv since it's all I felt I could do that was constructive-ish XD so yeah heres my gift to yooz <3

(Warning!! Contains almost total spoilers for FMA manga up to 107 "Royai" story line, and FMA:B anime up to ep 62 "Royai" storyline!!!
If you do not wish to be spoiled of those contents, please do not click below!)
Royai Dashboard (my Royai AMV on Youtube)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hawkey...
post Jun 28 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #21759

Apprentice

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 28 2010, 07:07 AM) *
Greetings me fellow fans of the royai =D I've speant my whole weekend been ill, and am still ill today...grah last night was hell I'm so glad its morning now ;___; anyway I finished my new amv since it's all I felt I could do that was constructive-ish XD so yeah heres my gift to yooz <3

(Warning!! Contains almost total spoilers for FMA manga up to 107 "Royai" story line, and FMA:B anime up to ep 62 "Royai" storyline!!!
If you do not wish to be spoiled of those contents, please do not click below!)
Royai Dashboard (my Ryai AMV on Youtbe)

That amv is awesome! And that song is good too, could you pls write me what's the name and artist of the song - thanks in advance happy.gif
And btw sorry if it's off-topic, but Happy Birthday FailToImpress!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forsaken Love
post Jun 28 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #21760

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 69,408

Song is Dashboard by Modest Mouse and thanks ^^ and crap did I forget to put a spoiler warning in my post? Thanks to whoever added that in, I guess I completley forgottt, I put one on the youtube description

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hawkey...
post Jun 28 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #21761

Apprentice

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 28 2010, 03:49 PM) *
Song is Dashboard by Modest Mouse and thanks ^^ and crap did I forget to put a spoiler warning in my post? Thanks to whoever added that in, I guess I completley forgottt, I put one on the youtube description

Great thank you a lot biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post Jun 28 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #21762

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

FailToImpress--Happy birthday!

ForsakenLove--Awesome video! I like it very much! smile.gif

And, as usual, Turdaewen said pretty much everything in far better terms than I could ever put it. (Although I'd like to think I was at least somewhat on the same track this time...)

Oh, I've been on YouTube quite a lot lately, and for some reason, I came across Thirteen Senses' "Into the Fire". It struck me as very (literal) Royai.

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
FailToImpress
post Jun 29 2010, 06:55 AM
Post #21763

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 62,174

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys laugh.gif blush.gif
I was 20 yesterday.... no longer a teenager!!! wacko.gif

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post Jul 2 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #21764

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,455

yay! finaly some yummy thing arrived to my home

http://i48.tinypic.com/10zdd9f.jpg

PS: FailToImpress Happy late late birthday.
PS2: Thanks Kale for helping me wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post Jul 2 2010, 02:21 AM
Post #21765

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

^ Waaah! Awesome! I think I need to get my hands on a couple of them too <3

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2016 - 08:09 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css