HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

1516 Pages V  « < 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, For Roy, Riza, and Royai fans, and more!!
Rating 5 V
Turdaewen
post May 11 2010, 06:26 AM
Post #20821

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,395

I too think it won't be a 'happy ending' for everyone, but I'm not tragic oriented either. So, I don't think none of the sacrifices will die (maybe Hoho, but that's about it). And I also don't think Riza will die. Neither is Izumi: she has Sig to take care of.
Plus, there's the underground promise, which people keep on forgetting. As well as the 520 cenz promise

Arakawa is too damn creative to resume such an epic final only on who's going to die or get to live... no... At this point, I'm guessing Roy is not gonna get his sight back, and that Ed will have to sacrifice something rather important to get Al back, but that's going to be ok, in a sense.

Inspired by other Arakawa endings, like Stray Dog and Souten no Komori, I think Roy will become a blind king of the sort. It also seems as if either Ling will get will get to share his body peacefully with Greed, which would be kinda cool, since he would have acquired his so much desired Immortality.

But what we always have to keep in mind is that, whatever happens, the end will have a sort of hopeful closure to things. We usually tend to label things as "Happy", or "Sad", but life is not like that. Things aren't sad or happy in and for themselves, but what we take from them. WE are the humans, WE are the ones who give values and meanings to events and not events themselves.
It's not like there're only two options in life: either you'll get what you want and be happy, or you don't and get miserable (or more than that: you die, and that's it)
And with all fantasy and fiction in Arakawa's works, what makes it realistic is THIS: events happen just like they happen in real life, with all nuances that comes with it.

Arakawa already said that the end of FMA would sorta 'overcome' the understanding of Equivalent Exchange, and I think it's going to be for "the best", in terms of, even if those people don't pay a particular price, they can get something their hearts desire.

So, no I don't think it's going to be a tragic ending. Nor a Lovey dovey ending either. And thinking in terms of who gets to live or not is too damn 'small' to me. I don't think many of the 'main' people are going to die, at this point.

--------------------

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
"By the power of truth I, while living, have conquered the universe"
Faust, Göethe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacksparrow589
post May 11 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #20822

Special Ops (Piratical Gallery Enforcement)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 48,158

Totally seconding Turdaewen's sentiments about the end. As usual, couldn't've said it better, myself. smile.gif

Michiyo- and Causmicfire (and I guess Kale, too--he did help. tongue.gif)--Great icons, all of them!

Tian Ai and JELEE--Great fanarts!

All this creativity makes me want to write a fanfic, but it's going to be a busy few weeks until my academic year is done, so we'll see. (My creativity right now would pale in comparison to all this other stuff, anyway.)

--------------------

Credit goes to Causmicfire for my avatar

The Royai Day party might be over, but the fun never stops!
Royai Day 2011 Album
Thank you to all those who contributed!

+Quote Post
Gimpyhair
post May 11 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #20823

Alchemists

Member No.: 68,172

I just realised something about Roy's alchemy:

- The circle on his glove is to manipulate the oxygen (which is alchemy)
- The snapping is to create the sparkle (which is not alchemy, it's normal physic). For example, during the Lust fight, the sparkle from Havoc's lighter wasn't alchemy.

So what? Well that would explain why Roy needs to both clap and snap before using flame alchemy in his new state. We can clearly see in this scan that he still use his snapping http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/107/26/ I think in this one we can see Roy snapping after clapping, but that's hidden by the speedlines http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/107/28/

Before he didn't need to clap since Roy used his transmutation circle on his gloves to manipulate the oxygen.

Now, Roy may have seen the Truth, but he still needs a way to activate the alchemy to manipulate the oxygen, which is the clapping. When this step is done, he still needs the sparkle, which is the snapping.

I hope this helped people to understand why Roy needs to clap and snap now (or at least, I think it's why...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 11 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #20824

Major General

Member No.: 67,527

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ May 11 2010, 07:59 AM) *
Michiyo- and Causmicfire (and I guess Kale, too--he did help. tongue.gif)--Great icons, all of them!

Pfffttt. laugh.gif Thanks. I did what I could with such a LQ scan and two minutes work in GIMP to make that Roy icon. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
amestris_star
post May 11 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #20825

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 67,594

QUOTE (Michiyo- @ May 11 2010, 12:57 PM) *
As for the last chapter, I can imagine something like this:
They defeat Truth and Roy gets his sight back. Riza starts crying, Roy turns to her and says: I’m glad that I can see your tears again.
*hug and/or kiss*
And then they reveal that they’re already married. tongue.gif

And I’m sure that there’ll be an epilogue, which shows what happened to everyone after this.

@Michiyo: I APPROVE!

And yes I'm being very positive about the outcome in Chapter 108... one month, just one month... <3

Chapter 107 was quite the Royai epicness so... smile.gif

--------------------

"I'm sorry... thank you..."
Credit for signature art goes to: http://www.geocities.jp/yn_cq/ for the amazing Royai artwork! And to Michiyo for the avatar coloring!

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post May 11 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #20826

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 49,283

For those wondering how Roy would get his sight back, it's fic rec time!

This fic by lklbooks of lj is my ideal manga ending

Beautiful work Michiyo, Tian Ai, and JELEE.

Now that mangastream posted it's scanlation with superHQ, I'll probably get around to making some icons after work tonight...which is late. New schedule writer = strange shifts, but not so bad if you're a night person like me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
rinoaebastel
post May 11 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #20827

Apprentice

Member No.: 69,455

I was bored and I colored ( In a very bad way) The Riza protecting Roy panel biggrin.gif...I put the link because it's still a spoiler for some people

http://i41.tinypic.com/30kdjtg.jpg

PD: Omg sounds good that end Michiyo. But I think that he is not going to recover his vision ...and one of my ideal endings could be:

Roy: Liutenant now that all is ended we can marry
Riza: Yep

And then they share a little face snuggling/kiss/hug (all together xD)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 11 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #20828

Major General

At least now that I have the HQ version of 107 (DDL from mangastream), I can have a cleaner version of my avatar...that'll need to be colored once again. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post May 11 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #20829

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 11 2010, 09:44 AM) *
At least now that I have the HQ version of 107 (DDL from mangastream), I can have a cleaner version of my avatar...that'll need to be colored once again. laugh.gif

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. I need to go unzip the file...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post May 11 2010, 10:16 AM
Post #20830

Citizen

Member No.: 69,722

Augh, I am delighted at how . . . real and gritty this was. A touch of tears but overall, determination and a little insanity. Moments between Mustang and Hawkeye are always done so well because they are not melodramatic; they're subtle but still with a punch in the gut. If the ending has some magical element it may seem shoddy, but it won't be full of hearts. Like life, happier things and sadder things meet in the middle to create possibilities to deal with and enjoy.

They work well together, le sigh.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
Causmicfire
post May 11 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #20831

@Kale, okay all done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kale Mustang
post May 11 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #20832

Major General

QUOTE (Causmicfire @ May 11 2010, 11:00 AM) *
@Kale, okay all done!

Yay! Thanks again!

+Quote Post
hand-made-city
post May 11 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #20833

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 67,054

Nooo JELEE color your fanart THIS year! It's so pretty! biggrin.gif

I'd also love to see people do more manga panel colorings for this chapter, since there were so many awesome Roy/Riza panels! I'd do it myself, but this week is super busy for me. Great work so far, guys!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Miss MP
post May 11 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #20834

Citizen

Member No.: 69,722

The series will never be this dark . . . but this is what fanfiction is for.

Nom nom Shards

I wish I could color. ;_______; I would be making some. Especially with her hand on his chest - that's probably my favorite. ..cough.. 150X150 would be suuuuuuper cute.

--------------------
Fanfiction |FictionPress

+Quote Post
Tian Ai
post May 12 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #20835

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,879

Miss MP - That was a beautiful piece of writing! Dark and angsty... sad.gif Very well written. I'll definitely be checking out your other works as well smile.gif

I just realized, we're getting very close in the anime to the part where Riza gets her throat slit... intenseeee!
As everyone has said about 5 times, I am dreading the end of this epic series. :'( I'm still in denial. Nooooo!!
... The Flame Alchemist, anyone?

--------------------

・守るよ・
リザ・ロイ
--------
[DeviantArt]

Original artwork by Chocolate Queen

+Quote Post

1516 Pages V  « < 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 10:10 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css