Closed TopicStart new topic
Hagaren Roleplay, A real one, not just a discussion of one
hagane_no_tokage
post Feb 26 2005, 05:09 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,565

hello there...i am here to speak on behalf of an RP that tobuchan,myself, and a few others have been arranging. we need more characters,and we will be holding auditions for anyone interested in joining this RP.

okay, now, to pre-empt the flood of ZOMG!!!!11 posts...i am laying down some groundrules before i even get started... the RP in question here is a literate, very intense, sub-based, post-series, journal atmosphere roleplay! allow me to reiterate on LITERATE.

this means that you are pre-disqualified if you:

a.) are strictly an [AS] viewer
b.) cannot type in full sentences with proper english usage
c.) cannot make a commitment to this RP...on a geeky high-school D&D kind of level
d.) are only interested in playing Roze or some OC with the sole motivation of wedding/bedding/etc Edward, Roy, or any other canon character

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING *ANY* ORIGINAL CHARACTERS AT THIS TIME! NONE! ZERO! DO NOT EVEN ASK! YOU WILL BE IGNORED AND POSSIBLY SHOT! BY HAWKEYE! AND HAWKEYE NEVER MISSES!

if you do not fit any of the above restrictions...congratulations on making it this far. but wait, there's more.

this story will be taking place three years after the final episode of hagaren. that would be episode 51... If you have not seen this episode, refer to the list above and re-evaluate. since the movie has not been released yet and no one has seen it or all subtleties thereof, we are basically holding this storyline as if the movie is not happening/has not happened yet.

in order to even be considered for entry into this RP, you will need to submit an application--yes, you read me--to either Tobu Ishi or myself, for consideration. in this application, you must include the name of the character you wish to play (a list will be provided below of characters open for audition), as well as personal bio information.

yes, yes, i know, if we aren't accepting OC's, that means that they are canon characters... so, duh, why do you have to write up a bio? we all KNOW them already...right?

*smakk* WRONG! don't be a lazy-ass! we're doing this to weed out the lazy-asses. we want a full bio, including history [to the best of your knowledge or--if you're feeling brave--some speculation], and an in-depth personality analysis. we want you to get into the character's head. show us you have the dedication and perseverence to do that.

also, being that three years have passed since the end of the series, we want to know what your character has been doing in those three years. IN DETAIL! we're looking for those of you who got off on the essays you had to write in senior english, folks... the ones who swear by the thesaurus and pledge on the bible of the dictionary. we want you to wow us with your application...

...we're elitist snob RPers. impress us. XD

also, the RP will be starting out a tad slow... so even if you are accepted to join us, chances are your character may have to wait to jump in. and when you DO come in, for god's sake make it for a good reason... none of this HERE I AM WHY ISN'T N E BODY REPLYING?!! crap. tobuchan and i are the GM's, guys...our word is law.

the rewards for all this hoop-jumping? an RP in which you will never have to deal with n00bs, idiots, godplayers, or mary sues. an RP free of OMGWTF?!??!!!11 and one-line dialogue. an RP that reads like a good piece of fanfiction instead of a bad AIM conversation with your 10-year-old cousin. in the end, all *you* have to do, is know the characters, and be able to write english fluently and properly.

we don't think that's too much to ask...

SPECS:

setting: amestris, three years after the close of the TV series

basis: Edward finds himself in the ruins beneath Central City, three years after the events that took place at the end of the TV anime series. he then goes on a journey to head back to his old home town of Resembool, wherein he must deal with the faces of many changes that took place while he was away...some of which he will have a hard time adjusting to... and this journey is only the beginning of the story...

characters CLOSED FOR AUDITION:
do NOT apply for these characters!!

Edward Elric
Alphonse Elric
Riza Hawkeye
Roy Mustang
Jean Havoc
Winry Rockbell
Izumi Curtis
Black Hayate
Dante
Pinako Rockbell
Shou Tucker
Envy
Wrath
Kain Fuery
Sciezska

all other characters who were alive at the end of episode 51 are up for grabs.

so good luck! you can email your applications to myself, hagane_no_tokage: hikari_sama@graffiti.net or Tobu Ishi: aclark@willamette.edu. we hope to hear from some of you soon! XD

Update (17Sep05): the roles of Fuery and Sciezska have been filled. also, we have been having a problem with the GreatestJournal community we've been archiving on...we're missing some chapters and comments that have mysteriously vanished. if anyone happens to have chapter 2, part 4, or chapter 3, part 1 saved anywhere, we will give you cookies. if you can help, please tell us here! thank you!!

and as always, we are open to secondary characters or cameo appearances, so if there is someone you've got your eye on who hasn't already been spoken for, don't hesitate to send us an email!.

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 26 2005, 08:54 AM
Post #2

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Goodness me, you certainly have set alot of guidelines haven't you? It was wise to I suppose when you look at some of the 'English' that occurs on this board.

I think you may have some difficulty finding people has the major characters are gone. Still, there is bound to be people who want to take part in this venture.
As for me, the only I character I'd say I could play has been taken. I won't join for the sake of joining, thats unfair on the other role players more than anything.

Good luck with this anyway. If you are posting it on here I can't wait to read what tales you come up with biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Feb 26 2005, 09:20 AM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,327

All the characters I would choose are either:

1. Closed for audition

2.Dead.

3.A homonculus who is not Wrath.

--------------------

Homonculus Rule(except Wrath)

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Feb 26 2005, 02:58 PM
Post #4

@le monkey: yay! we look forward to seeing what you can come up with! ^__^

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Feb 26 2005, 10:54 AM)
Goodness me, you certainly have set alot of guidelines haven't you? It was wise to I suppose when you look at some of the 'English' that occurs on this board.

i personally have been a part of far too many RPs that were barely legible at best, and horrible wastes of attempted english at worst. __ figured we needed to stop that before it started in this case...

I think you may have some difficulty finding people has the major characters are gone. Still, there is bound to be people who want to take part in this venture.
As for me, the only I character I'd say I could play has been taken. I won't join for the sake of joining, thats unfair on the other role players more than anything.

ah, yeah, that was another partially pre-emptive strike. since we're going to be reading 'applications' to decide who we think will play the best [inster character here], we were rather afraid of getting swamped with "OMG can I B ed!?" emails... u__u

and as mentioned, we are not taking apps for OC's 'at this time'. this may change later...feel free to check in this thread from time to time, it will serve as an OOC discussion thread as well as an announcement board for events, etc. if more auditions open up, the first post will be modified and an announcement will be made. happy.gif

Good luck with this anyway. If you are posting it on here I can't wait to read what tales you come up with biggrin.gif
[snapback]122028[/snapback]

we'll be posting in a greatestjournal community. once things get moving, we'll post links, and even if you're not part of the RP, you're welcome to tag along and post all your comments in here! XD we'd love to know what you guys think of the story as it progresses. heh heh, it'll be like...interactive or something. w00t.

QUOTE(Full Flame Alchemist @ Feb 26 2005, 11:20 AM)
All the characters I would choose are either:

1. Closed for audition

2.Dead.

3.A homonculus who is not Wrath.
[snapback]122044[/snapback]

ah, from your sig i can imagine who it is you had in mind... once we get a Dante, that role may open up, so don't lose hope yet. stay tuned? we'll be posting changes and news in this thread. ♥

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Feb 26 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #5

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

I have only seen episodes 1-10 -___- Do you need to have seen the entire series? If not I would like to be Envy if he is not already taken. Though, I have only seen one episode with him and he was in the form of Cornello I know certain... juicy spoilers that could help me get into character. If this is allowed I will present you with an audition.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Feb 26 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 26 2005, 05:16 PM)
I have only seen episodes 1-10 -___- Do you need to have seen the entire series? If not I would like to be Envy if he is not already taken. Though, I have only seen one episode with him and he was in the form of Cornello I know certain... juicy spoilers that could help me get into character. If this is allowed I will present you with an audition.
[snapback]122214[/snapback]

well, since we're going post-series...and envy's status is...unclear at said point, we are currently not accepting applications for him. once we get a dante, this may change. please stay tuned for news regarding character openings etc. all will be posted here as things move along.

in the meantime...especially if you are interested in auditioning for envy...yes, go watch the rest of the series...XD you kind of need to see the rest of it for envy.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Feb 26 2005, 03:25 PM
Post #7

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

U_U I see... But if I could watch all the epiosdes don't you think I would've done it already XD Maybe I can go read up on him instead happy.gif And I will keep an eye out, thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Feb 26 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #8

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

To everyone who's feeling discouraged because the "main" few characters are taken, please consider this: this is a roleplay. Therefore, if the game goes in that direction, nearly anyone could become a main character.

If you decided you wanted to play, say...oh, maybe Claus, that little girl who crossdressed and nearly got killed by Majhal. Go ahead! Age her a few years, give her a better history, and apply as her. You've got hints of a spitfire personality from the episode, and /loads/ of room to improvise. And if you're a good player, she could become as major a part of the plot as any of the "main" characters. It all depends on the player.

To encourage applications, I thought I would make a list of people who are available. If you can think of anyone else, let me know!

Havoc
Armstrong
Fury
Farman
Breda
Denny Broche
Maria Ross
Scieszka
Pinako Rockbell
Seig Curtis
Mason
Wrath
Psiren
Tucker
Russell Tringham
Fletcher Tringham
Gracia Hughes
Elysia Hughes
Rick
Leo
Bard (hey, he never /died/ happy.gif)
Claus
Kyle (the miner/innkeeper's son) and his parents
Karin
Dominic
Paninya (a note on Dominic and Paninya--Winry has been studying with them in Rush Valley over the last three years.)

And, of course...Dante. Our villain. <3

Oh, and don't feel intimidated by the audition writing. It's just a few paragraphs to show us how you write and characterize. Consider it like a mini-fanfic! laugh.gif

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 26 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #9

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Well, since I have been persuaded by my big sis (Tobu) I'm taking the audition for Psiren.
Looking forward to exploring her character.

If I can't do Psiren, I may try Scieszka.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fresh_Coffee
post Feb 26 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #10

Brigadier General

Member No.: 3,780

Fury, I'm in because Fury is in laugh.gif

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #11

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 665

Aww. Dangit.. I was hoping to be Edward because I find him pretty simple to RP.. Oh well. >_>

I'll think of another character to play soon.

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Feb 27 2005, 12:58 AM
Post #12

Apprentice

I'm considering Havoc..... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post Feb 27 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #13

oh yay! people are interested! good motivational post, tobuchan! XD

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post Feb 27 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #14

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 726

I would be interested in trying out for Wrath...but it would definitely take me a little while top finish writing out an application...happy.gif

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post Feb 28 2005, 09:58 AM
Post #15

Apprentice

Well,I'm going to start my Havoc application. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2016 - 06:42 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css