Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hagaren Roleplay, A real one, not just a discussion of one
hagane_no_tokage
post Feb 26 2005, 05:09 AM
Post #1

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,565

hello there...i am here to speak on behalf of an RP that tobuchan,myself, and a few others have been arranging. we need more characters,and we will be holding auditions for anyone interested in joining this RP.

okay, now, to pre-empt the flood of ZOMG!!!!11 posts...i am laying down some groundrules before i even get started... the RP in question here is a literate, very intense, sub-based, post-series, journal atmosphere roleplay! allow me to reiterate on LITERATE.

this means that you are pre-disqualified if you:

a.) are strictly an [AS] viewer
b.) cannot type in full sentences with proper english usage
c.) cannot make a commitment to this RP...on a geeky high-school D&D kind of level
d.) are only interested in playing Roze or some OC with the sole motivation of wedding/bedding/etc Edward, Roy, or any other canon character

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING *ANY* ORIGINAL CHARACTERS AT THIS TIME! NONE! ZERO! DO NOT EVEN ASK! YOU WILL BE IGNORED AND POSSIBLY SHOT! BY HAWKEYE! AND HAWKEYE NEVER MISSES!

if you do not fit any of the above restrictions...congratulations on making it this far. but wait, there's more.

this story will be taking place three years after the final episode of hagaren. that would be episode 51... If you have not seen this episode, refer to the list above and re-evaluate. since the movie has not been released yet and no one has seen it or all subtleties thereof, we are basically holding this storyline as if the movie is not happening/has not happened yet.

in order to even be considered for entry into this RP, you will need to submit an application--yes, you read me--to either Tobu Ishi or myself, for consideration. in this application, you must include the name of the character you wish to play (a list will be provided below of characters open for audition), as well as personal bio information.

yes, yes, i know, if we aren't accepting OC's, that means that they are canon characters... so, duh, why do you have to write up a bio? we all KNOW them already...right?

*smakk* WRONG! don't be a lazy-ass! we're doing this to weed out the lazy-asses. we want a full bio, including history [to the best of your knowledge or--if you're feeling brave--some speculation], and an in-depth personality analysis. we want you to get into the character's head. show us you have the dedication and perseverence to do that.

also, being that three years have passed since the end of the series, we want to know what your character has been doing in those three years. IN DETAIL! we're looking for those of you who got off on the essays you had to write in senior english, folks... the ones who swear by the thesaurus and pledge on the bible of the dictionary. we want you to wow us with your application...

...we're elitist snob RPers. impress us. XD

also, the RP will be starting out a tad slow... so even if you are accepted to join us, chances are your character may have to wait to jump in. and when you DO come in, for god's sake make it for a good reason... none of this HERE I AM WHY ISN'T N E BODY REPLYING?!! crap. tobuchan and i are the GM's, guys...our word is law.

the rewards for all this hoop-jumping? an RP in which you will never have to deal with n00bs, idiots, godplayers, or mary sues. an RP free of OMGWTF?!??!!!11 and one-line dialogue. an RP that reads like a good piece of fanfiction instead of a bad AIM conversation with your 10-year-old cousin. in the end, all *you* have to do, is know the characters, and be able to write english fluently and properly.

we don't think that's too much to ask...

SPECS:

setting: amestris, three years after the close of the TV series

basis: Edward finds himself in the ruins beneath Central City, three years after the events that took place at the end of the TV anime series. he then goes on a journey to head back to his old home town of Resembool, wherein he must deal with the faces of many changes that took place while he was away...some of which he will have a hard time adjusting to... and this journey is only the beginning of the story...

characters CLOSED FOR AUDITION:
do NOT apply for these characters!!

Edward Elric
Alphonse Elric
Riza Hawkeye
Roy Mustang
Jean Havoc
Winry Rockbell
Izumi Curtis
Black Hayate
Dante
Pinako Rockbell
Shou Tucker
Envy
Wrath
Kain Fuery
Sciezska

all other characters who were alive at the end of episode 51 are up for grabs.

so good luck! you can email your applications to myself, hagane_no_tokage: hikari_sama@graffiti.net or Tobu Ishi: aclark@willamette.edu. we hope to hear from some of you soon! XD

Update (17Sep05): the roles of Fuery and Sciezska have been filled. also, we have been having a problem with the GreatestJournal community we've been archiving on...we're missing some chapters and comments that have mysteriously vanished. if anyone happens to have chapter 2, part 4, or chapter 3, part 1 saved anywhere, we will give you cookies. if you can help, please tell us here! thank you!!

and as always, we are open to secondary characters or cameo appearances, so if there is someone you've got your eye on who hasn't already been spoken for, don't hesitate to send us an email!.

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- hagane_no_tokage   Hagaren Roleplay   Feb 26 2005, 05:09 AM
- - Chiyo   Goodness me, you certainly have set alot of guidel...   Feb 26 2005, 08:54 AM
- - Full Flame Alchemist   All the characters I would choose are either: 1. ...   Feb 26 2005, 09:20 AM
- - hagane_no_tokage   @le monkey: yay! we look forward to seeing wh...   Feb 26 2005, 02:58 PM
- - Slashrose1010   I have only seen episodes 1-10 -___- Do you need t...   Feb 26 2005, 03:16 PM
|- - hagane_no_tokage   QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 26 2005, 05:16 PM)I...   Feb 26 2005, 03:21 PM
- - Slashrose1010   U_U I see... But if I could watch all the epiosdes...   Feb 26 2005, 03:25 PM
- - Tobu Ishi   To everyone who's feeling discouraged because ...   Feb 26 2005, 04:13 PM
- - Chiyo   Well, since I have been persuaded by my big sis (T...   Feb 26 2005, 05:20 PM
- - Fresh_Coffee   Fury, I'm in because Fury is in   Feb 26 2005, 05:22 PM
- - Ailuro   Aww. Dangit.. I was hoping to be Edward because I ...   Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM
- - Full Flame Alchemist   I'm considering Havoc.....   Feb 27 2005, 12:58 AM
- - hagane_no_tokage   oh yay! people are interested! good moti...   Feb 27 2005, 09:19 PM
- - Elderberry   I would be interested in trying out for Wrath...bu...   Feb 27 2005, 10:01 PM
- - Full Flame Alchemist   Well,I'm going to start my Havoc application.   Feb 28 2005, 09:58 AM
- - Quistis88   Keep in mind, kids, that any spam posts in this th...   Feb 28 2005, 10:04 AM
- - Full Flame Alchemist   Well, I've sent my Havoc application. All I ca...   Feb 28 2005, 12:13 PM
- - Guest   This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too s...   Mar 1 2005, 11:31 AM
- - Elderberry   Perhaps, but as they said, it's an effective w...   Mar 1 2005, 12:11 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   QUOTE(Elderberry @ Feb 28 2005, 12:01 AM)I wo...   Mar 1 2005, 12:56 PM
- - Full Flame Alchemist   I've sent my e-mail application to hagane_no_t...   Mar 1 2005, 01:50 PM
- - tempest_Strife   Are characters from "Fullmetal Alchemist and ...   Mar 1 2005, 01:54 PM
|- - hagane_no_tokage   QUOTE(tempest_Strife @ Mar 1 2005, 03:54 PM)A...   Mar 2 2005, 05:00 AM
|- - tempest_Strife   QUOTE(hagane_no_tokage @ Mar 2 2005, 07:00 AM...   Mar 2 2005, 02:53 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   tobuchan and i were both quite impressed by your a...   Mar 4 2005, 12:12 AM
- - Tobu Ishi   NOTICE: The role of Alphonse Elric has been fille...   Mar 8 2005, 02:57 PM
- - sakura_alchemist66   Um, is Gracia taken?   Apr 19 2005, 04:01 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   nope. feel free to apply. unless a player is spe...   Apr 21 2005, 08:27 PM
- - Slashrose1010   Well, since my favorite character, Greedo-san, is ...   Jun 1 2005, 07:09 PM
- - Phyco girl   Um... are auditions still open? I see nobody has r...   Jun 5 2005, 04:26 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   yes, auditions are always open... we've prett...   Jun 5 2005, 04:32 PM
- - Phyco girl   An e-mail is on it's way for my tryout to Toka...   Jun 6 2005, 09:28 AM
- - nikina   ahh, too bad there aren't any OC's. Me and...   Jun 15 2005, 02:07 PM
- - Lord Odenetheus   This has nothing to do with the other RP thread, o...   Jun 16 2005, 04:33 AM
- - hagane_no_tokage   no, this has nothing to do with the other RP threa...   Jun 23 2005, 03:12 PM
- - nikina   oh. so... you mean like... miyuki in Tsubasa? (th...   Jun 23 2005, 03:59 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   yeah, and chii. they're just there as a brief...   Jun 23 2005, 09:24 PM
- - Starrygalonline^.^   oh...its that so??笑哈哈   Jul 9 2005, 08:54 PM
- - tempest_Strife   And now, for your enjoyment, a list of characers s...   Jul 11 2005, 04:18 PM
- - WrenchFreakWinry   Basque Gran died, love. Remember? Scar killed him.   Jul 11 2005, 05:13 PM
- - hagane_no_tokage   hey gang. updated the first post. Welcome Sam an...   Aug 5 2005, 02:41 AM
- - hagane_no_tokage   please excuse the double post, but i wanted to ann...   Sep 17 2005, 12:00 AM
- - Chopper Enthusiast   It has begun...An RP... I must bring insight. Bef...   Oct 27 2005, 04:25 PM
|- - hagane_no_tokage   QUOTE(Chopper Enthusiast @ Oct 27 2005, 07...   Nov 1 2005, 10:45 PM
- - tempest_Strife   Mmmm bump? We're sill looking for new people ...   Dec 2 2005, 09:37 AM
- - MeLRizA   hmmz... guess i can try the audition...but how do ...   May 4 2006, 07:19 AM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 08:28 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css