HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Edward And Armony, Could They Have Been Together?, From Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel game
edo little kid
post Oct 26 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #91

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,158

I like all ^o^

EdWin
EdArmony
EdSophie<33333
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Oct 26 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #92

Alchemists

Member No.: 52,278

Eh no, not really...She's just a game character. There's nothing canon about them. That's the thing I hate about these games. Square Enix seems hellbent on putting Edward with somebody who isn't even related to the story...

--------------------

My DeviantArt My Fanfiction
Siggy made by me! EdxWin is <3 Avatar made by CeruleanSan <3
"Even when our eyes our closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Formerly known as WinryRockbell_83

+Quote Post
ElricKeyblade
post Oct 27 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #93

Citizen

Member No.: 52,097

Eh no, not really...She's just a game character. There's nothing canon about them. That's the thing I hate about these games. Square Enix seems hellbent on putting Edward with somebody who isn't even related to the story...

Exactly, sister! mad.gif To me, ALL the new girl charcters in the games are Mary Sue-ish! Why can't they leave Ed alone for Winry? dry.gif

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Oct 27 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #94

Alchemists

Oh honey believe me, I agree with you 100%. They are Mary Sue-ish and I don't really like either of them.
Besides, it's obvious in my sig and avatar who I stand by 100% and I honestly can't see Ed going around
and pulling a Cloud Strife by lamenting, moaning and crying over a dead girl

--------------------

"Even when our eyes our closed, there's a whole world out there, that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."

+Quote Post
Blueyedblonde
post Oct 29 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #95

Citizen

Member No.: 51,946

I've never played the game, but I watched clips on youtube -- And to me... It seems alot like Ed's feelings for Nina. =/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Oct 30 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #96

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(Winry_Rockbell83 @ Oct 28 2007, 12:57 AM) *
Oh honey believe me, I agree with you 100%. They are Mary Sue-ish and I don't really like either of them.
Besides, it's obvious in my sig and avatar who I stand by 100% and I honestly can't see Ed going around
and pulling a Cloud Strife by lamenting, moaning and crying over a dead girl

"They are Mary Sue-ish and I don't really like either of them."
"They are Mary Sue-ish"
"Mary Sue"

Oh how I hate that term.

But it wasn't in ths thread I bitched about it. It was that other Armony hate fest thread...

Personally I think people against EdxArmony are really just one of the following:
1) insane Edward Elric fangirls (this makes up 70%)
2) Edwin supporters who are biased because of their OTP (this makes up 29.99%)
3) people who are able to logically think about how a pairing can or cannot work (0.01%)

Personally, from what I saw of the game I see no problems between them being a couple. It looked like they could have made a cute one if Armony had survived. Sure, I didn't see any romantic interest between them but since when has that stopped people from making pairings?

Point is, people are going to like it and enjoy it, there's nothing you can do about it.

Also why can't you all just accept that Edward is a pimp already? /a/ HAS STATED IT AND THUS IT IS TRUE. *shot!*

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Blueyedblonde
post Oct 30 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #97

Citizen

Member No.: 51,946

QUOTE(Little Washu @ Oct 30 2007, 09:48 PM) *
I personally think Ed would be fine with Armony. He and Winry are friends, but I doubt they'd ever be a couple. With Ed and Al always out for the Philosopher's Stone, and Winry worrying about the whole matter, I don't think it'd work out. But hey? That's just what I think. Feel free to agree, disagree, ect.

I don't quite understand your logic, here.

To me it sounds like your saying that Winry and Ed is a bad choice because she worries about him, and he's always busy for the philosophers stone, yes ?

But why would Ed and Armony be any different ? He'll still be looking for the philosophers stone with Al, and I'm sure Armony will worry about him almost as much as Winry does, so when you give those reasons for not liking Edward and Winry... You're pretty much giving reasons for not liking any given pairing. =/

QUOTE(Winry_Rockbell83 @ Oct 30 2007, 09:55 PM) *
I'm not the only one who's gone slightly off-topic,

I was just thinking the same thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Oct 31 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #98

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Maybe I should edit the title of this thread to 'Could they Have Been Together' since certain circumstances prevent them from ever being together now.

From all I can gather anyway I couldn't imagine Ed would want to be romantic with Armony because 1. It's Ed, to many its debateable he'd ever be with someone and 2. he's more of a teacher figure (well depending on how you interpret it) and I think he has just about enough morals not to jepordize that position or take advantage of it.

But you are allowed to accuse me of saying that just because I'm an Ed/Win fan Fushi tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Oct 31 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #99

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Oct 31 2007, 10:39 AM) *
But you are allowed to accuse me of saying that just because I'm an Ed/Win fan Fushi tongue.gif

No. You're one of that 00.01% I mentioned Chi. tongue.gif

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Oct 31 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #100

Alchemists

Okay, I'm sorry for misunderstanding and sorry that I offended, I truly am. It wasn't my intention. I was just posting an opinion. Either way, how is that Ed can even be with Armony? The girl is dead for goodness sake. I really don't see Edward as the type to sit and pine over a dead girl. Besides that, if he was truly in love with Armony, don't you think that in that very last scene when he knocked down the girl that looked like Armony, he would have probably tried to further pursue things with her, like starting with a friendship and then dating her? My point is, given the circumstances at hand, there can't possibly be a relationship between them. They can't be together and besides, Armony looks way too young for Edward. She isn't even fully developed into a teen girl like Winry is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Oct 31 2007, 01:40 PM
Post #101

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

QUOTE(Winry_Rockbell83 @ Oct 31 2007, 12:35 PM) *
Okay, I'm sorry for misunderstanding and sorry that I offended, I truly am. It wasn't my intention. I was just posting an opinion. Either way, how is that Ed can even be with Armony? The girl is dead for goodness sake.
Well then, let's say she survived, in some way or another.
I really don't see Edward as the type to sit and pine over a dead girl. Besides that, if he was truly in love with Armony, don't you think that in that very last scene when he knocked down the girl that looked like Armony, he would have probably tried to further pursue things with her, like starting with a friendship and then dating her?
At that very last scene, think of this; Ed is a nice guy, he doesn't like getting other people involved in things to hurt them. If he sought after that girl, he might wind up putting her in the exact same place Armony was in, getting her involved with what killed her. Did you think that maybe Ed wanted to let things stay as they are, and let her live a normal life? Also, it didn't say that he didn't try to pursue her. The game just starts over, leaving further questions unanswered.
They can't be together.
Who are you to judge who can and can't be together?And that is my opinion.

Pretty good for a 'n00b', as Popogeejo would say, methinks.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
Guest_Tris the Reaper_*
post Oct 31 2007, 01:46 PM
Post #102

Guests

QUOTE(Winry_Rockbell83 @ Oct 31 2007, 02:35 PM) *
Either way, how is that Ed can even be with Armony? The girl is dead for goodness sake.

AU fanfictions.

[Hyurr, say "AU" outloud and it sounds like "'EY, YOU!" Lawl. *slapped*]

+Quote Post
Celeste Nayamash...
post Oct 31 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #103

Alchemists

lulz This almost as bad as Cloud, Aerith and Tifa debate xD
Anyway, I wasn't judging, I was merely stating fact, that considering the fact that Armony is DEAD, they can't be together. It's the truth, unless of course Ed is into necrophilia which I highly doubt he is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Nov 1 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #104

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

Thats IT, I have changed the title, it hopefully doesn't give it all away, and might encourage those who DO support the couple to explain more as well as those who don't.

End discussion, next person to post here without good reason/or who write less than 10 words beware my wrath.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Nov 1 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #105

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Nov 1 2007, 09:04 AM) *
next person to post here without good reason/or who write less than 10 words beware my wrath.

Ah, I see. Someone is trying to prove that they are powerful enough to do anything? heh. Ban me all you want happy.gif I don't care, lol. There is always the option of making new accounts, and using proxy servers.

Just thought that this topic was getting interesting to read because it's the only thread in the game board that's relatively active, even though it's filled with fangirlism... oh well. It was fun while it lasted. The concept "everyone's different hence their taste is different" never really got through anyone's head here, I suppose. It's pointless to convince someone else to join your fandom, really. Stop wasting your time doing that and just go find friends that belong in the same fandom.

As for myself, I don't give a damn about Ed/Win and I don't give a damn about Ed/Armony and I don't care about Ed/Sofie either. Come on, at least these AU pairings are not half as bad as Armstrong x Alphonse........ I read one of those by accident 3 years ago and that nearly scarred my life.

I think we need two new threads here....
1. Ed x Armony fans, come here~
2. Ed x Sofie fans, come here~ (but then there are little who knows about Sofie because the 3rd game is not licensed in North America)
so that each set of fans can chat with each other, while Ed x Winry fans can go back to Character Discussion board.

My pointless post is done. And it's longer than 10 words, yay.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 03:53 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css