Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fma 44, Spoilers? :>
Kodachrome
post Aug 6 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #31

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 146

I'm waiting for the raw too... -_o Whichever part Maria seems to be eating that burger in, I'm totally adding in that thing about White Castle, rofl.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hakai-kun
post Aug 6 2004, 10:35 PM
Post #32

Apprentice

Member No.: 376

white castle? XD never heard of that...

anyway, can't wait to see epi. 44. I want to see what happens when they see Hoenheim. [who seems pretty cool so far. just cause he's so absent-minded currently "Pinako-san, I can't seem to find my house..." XD]
"two fathers"? no offense, but your translating prgram is... junk. it says "the two [people]'s father" XD

-Hakai

--------------------
~Dubbed the Queen of HagaRen Shounen-ai by Kase o.O
~Visit my manga circle: THANKS!
~Mary-Sues scare me >.<
~Avatar: idea Hakai-kun, made by Lie-chan
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Flamel
post Aug 6 2004, 11:13 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 172

hey, jus curious. Where did u guys get the RAW? I mean they jus broadcast the episode on the air and onli a while, and somehow the raw is already spreading over the net.

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Aug 7 2004, 12:01 AM
Post #34

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 43

the episode isnt out in japan ^^
it will air in a few hours, and a few hours after it aired , the raw will be out xD
will post a link of course @ my page wink.gif

btw. I think the Chopstick thing should be more international. for example i dont get all the jokes, dunno what white castle is and anything. so i think if the dialogues are more "international" so everyone can laugh about it, it would be better wink.gif

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest again
post Aug 7 2004, 01:00 AM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 312

QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Aug 7 2004, 07:00 AM)
btw. I think the Chopstick thing should be more international. for example i dont get all the jokes, dunno what white castle is and anything. so i think if the dialogues are more "international" so everyone can laugh about it, it would be better wink.gif

Well, by doing this, you will take out the fun these people have by making these "translations". No offense RoflKaese, I am European too but I guess if these guys of Chopstick will have to search for "fine" jokes that everyone understands then their release will take as long as the other groups, which in their case I don't think they want.

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Aug 7 2004, 01:35 AM
Post #36

Moderator Emeritus

but a release for a hand of people which understand everything? i dunno...

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 7 2004, 01:48 AM
Post #37

Guests

Oy vey, foreigners trying to figure out what White Castle is, rolleyes.gif . I can not let this stand.

To those ignorant of it, White Castle is basically a fast food joint located in the Northeastern part of the United States, typically in the New York/New Jersey area. They are famous for their small hamburgers called sliders. They are called thus because of they basically slide in...and out quickly wink.gif . Its a very iconic joint, even though the food sucks.

You can read my review of the new movie, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle here, where I go a little more in depth: "Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle" review by The Vile One

+Quote Post
TheVileOne
post Aug 7 2004, 01:49 AM
Post #38

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 250

QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 7 2004, 08:47 AM)
Oy vey, foreigners trying to figure out what White Castle is,  rolleyes.gif .  I can not let this stand.

To those ignorant of it, White Castle is basically a fast food joint located in the Northeastern part of the United States, typically in the New York/New Jersey area.  They are famous for their small hamburgers called sliders.  They are called thus because of they basically slide in...and out quickly  wink.gif .  Its a very iconic joint, even though the food sucks. 

You can read my review of the new movie, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle here, where I go a little more in depth:  "Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle" review by The Vile One

Oops, sorry about that. The above post was by me, but I forgot to log in sad.gif .

--------------------
"Struggle is optional. Pain is inevitable."

"This is my life. I have battled and lost, struggled and won.
I have had victory and defeat, and defeat in victory.
I will never be overmatched or unprepared.
This is who I am and who I will always be…I am Chris Benoit!"
- "The Crippler" Chris Benoit

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Aug 7 2004, 02:17 AM
Post #39

Apprentice

btw. I think the Chopstick thing should be more international. for example i dont get all the jokes, dunno what white castle is and anything. so i think if the dialogues are more "international" so everyone can laugh about it, it would be better

I live in America, and the other guy who did 42 and half of 43, also lives in America. I don't know what's "funny" in Europe, or Canada, or South America, etc. The reason why we use sexual jokes a lot is because from what we understand, sexual jokes are very international compared to some of the other stuff we've used. Like a lot of people consider 41 or 34 to be the "best" episodes, but personally I think 42 is the best because it had lots of inside humor between me and my friends.

There were a lot of songs I wanted to use in 33 as well (it's very musical), and couldn't because I didn't think they'd be recognizable enough, there are two that slipped by just because they sounded goofy all around.

Making up the jokes and lines is a shitload harder than translating. I did translation of various poetry/songs/etc from German to English for German class final, and it was so much easier than parodying was. At least with translating you have a script/material to begin with... -_o

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Aug 7 2004, 02:35 AM
Post #40

Moderator Emeritus

can u talk german? :>

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_sasarai_*
post Aug 7 2004, 02:54 AM
Post #41

Guests

there is only ONE father
the two guy'S father
futari NO (二人の)

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Aug 7 2004, 02:59 AM
Post #42

Apprentice

QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Aug 7 2004, 09:34 AM)
can u talk german? :>

Haha. Two years ago I could. XD I took a full year of German for an afterschool activity. I can still translate some (really) simple stuff, but I've forgotten most of it. =/

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Aug 7 2004, 04:30 AM
Post #43

Moderator Emeritus

zu schade. ;>

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
RolfKaese
post Aug 7 2004, 04:39 AM
Post #44

Moderator Emeritus

btw. MBS updated their preview site, so FMA 44 just aired in Japan. the preview for FMA 45 shows a scary picture of Lyra... @_@
the preview clip is not yet available, lets wait for 30min or so , i think it will be up then. i will post a link when its up.

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kodachrome
post Aug 7 2004, 05:37 AM
Post #45

Apprentice

QUOTE(RolfKaese @ Aug 7 2004, 11:30 AM)
zu schade. ;>

"What a pity?" XP

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2016 - 01:58 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css