HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
How Do You Rate The Fullmetal Alchemist Game, Give a rating for the PS2 FMA game
What would you give Fullmetal Alchemist:The broken Angel
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 52
Guests cannot vote 
Quistis88
post Mar 4 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #16

Executive Officer (Spam Assassin)
Group Icon

Group: Moderating Admin
Member No.: 16

FMA: Tobenai Tenshi rating threads merged.

--------------------
SINCERELY,
Quistis
(Forum Spam Assassin, Vice-Mother, and Queen of the Grammar Police)

This sentence says something else when you're not looking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Alchemist of...
post Mar 7 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,215

i gave it a 4/5 it was a good story and all but it was a bit short cause i beat the game in one day and i didn't play it that much and they could of did a little better job on the graphics it was pretty disapointing that Square Enix did that bad of a job on the graphics. sad.gif

--------------------
Death is only the beginning...

+Quote Post
the ironflame al...
post Mar 17 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 8,846

the game was cool but it got repetive i gave it a 3/5

i cant truly grade this game anyway it would be a conflict of interest and since i like the series i cant grade the game without a bias

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Mar 17 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

i gave it a 5/5 its not a game for everyone, but i love beating up the bad guys over and over again its just fun happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Steel Alchemist
post Mar 17 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 9,478

Very good game! It has good graphics and it has a decent plot!

--------------------
Steel Alchemist
Hell is other people
You're a sin against nature, and your body's in so much pain, Oh merciful God who shapes us all... Please return these scarred souls to your unending womb.

+Quote Post
Ed'slittlegirl
post Mar 20 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 5,699

If you don't consider yourself to be a good gamer, then this is the game for you. It is nearly impossible to die durring normal game play, and the bosses are easy enough to beat once you fight them one or two times.

If you consider yourself to be an ok gamer, (like me, had it for like 17 hours and still haven't beaten it.)then it is o.k. I was kind of dissapointed because there were several spots where i thought i was done. This i don't think should happen durring gameplay especially at the early points in the game.

If you consider yourself to be a great gamer, you may just want to rent the game for it will not take that long to beat it.

I did enjoy the music, and the battle system was awesome, though it did get a bit repetative after awhile.

All in all, it is a very good game and if you are a fan of the series it belongs in your collection. (for the videos if nothing else.)

--------------------
Human Kind can not gain anything without giving something in return.

In those days we believed that to be the worlds one and only truth...

+Quote Post
AnimeMonster
post Apr 1 2005, 11:39 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Member No.: 10,615

Even though it is my all time favorite game, at least until the second one comes out, I gave it only a 4 out of 5.

It was good as far as plot and gameplay. But my biggest complaint has been that it was too short. Also *runs for bomb shelter* I'm a RoyXEd fan, even though it gave me some good scenes that are open for interpretation like movie 13 (I think that's the one) that is called Roy to the Rescue (or something similar), it was more geared to a pairing with a girl the game's writer(s) created named Armony. *ducks anything thrown by homophobes*

--------------------
"What?!"
"What?!"
"I asked you first."
"That's just childish."
"What?!"
"That's just childish."
"HA! Got you to answer first." :P

+Quote Post
mely
post Apr 11 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #23

Citizen

Member No.: 168

I gave it a truthful 2/5. As an FMA fan, I would give it a 3/5, though the only reason why I'd give it that is because of the FMA content; there is a lot of cool stuff for fans, for example, being a mild Royai fangirl I loved the Riza-In-Disguise-ness ect. ;-)

But it's just a very average game. It's like it was hardly played through more than once by beta testers ... there's a lot of
-cheapness
-shameless amounts of blatant invisible walls that make no sense
-unnecessary amounts of repetitive dungeons
-semi-retarded AI (and poor, poor Al ;_;)
-every time you enter a new area they need to show the title of the area (which really breaks up the flow of the game)
-ect, ect (if I were playing the game at this moment, I'd have much more to whine about ;-D)

The gameplay and battles are ok ... the alchemy system is interesting, and it's kinda fun and original to the FMA world. But then there's also a lot of "JHJKNMNMSD*&(*&^#@HYAAAARGH~!~~!!!" every time I see a new wave of monsters, though pretty much all enemies can be evaded(by rolling Ed around like a ball :-D). Some monsters/bosses are very cheap, but luckily there are piles of interesting items in the game. smile.gif And then there's the platform-hopping that gets hella annoying.

Graphics do the job but are still average. Story ... well, it involves a semi-Mary Sue. Diolouge drags on but can be very cute and often has the personality of the characters intact. And as much as I like the anime-cutouts diolouge in GBA games, it's kinda cheesy when it's JUST the cutouts moving about on the screen in a PS2 game. Otherwise, it's just fun to see the characters from the manga&anime in the high-quality movie clips that were especially made for the game. Maybe they poured all their resources into the prettyness of anime?

Overall, the game is very frustrating and ONLY for FMA fans. In fact, the only reason why I'm still playing it is because I'm a fan. Yeah, I know, being a licensed game, it's OK, but still, I'm very, VERY upset that I paid $40 of my own money for this. I should have read a review first. :-/

[/rant]

+Quote Post
Kyo_Umerio
post Apr 11 2005, 02:24 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 9,505

QUOTE(mely @ Apr 11 2005, 11:55 AM)
I gave it a truthful 2/5. As an FMA fan, I would give it a 3/5, though the only reason why I'd give it that is because of the FMA content; there is a lot of cool stuff for fans, for example, being a mild Royai fangirl I loved the Riza-In-Disguise-ness ect. ;-)

But it's just a very average game. It's like it was hardly played through more than once by beta testers ... there's a lot of
-cheapness
-shameless amounts of blatant invisible walls that make no sense
-unnecessary amounts of repetitive dungeons
-semi-retarded AI (and poor, poor Al ;_;)
-every time you enter a new area they need to show the title of the area (which really breaks up the flow of the game)
-ect, ect (if I were playing the game at this moment, I'd have much more to whine about ;-D)

The gameplay and battles are ok ... the alchemy system is interesting, and it's kinda fun and original to the FMA world. But then there's also a lot of "JHJKNMNMSD*&(*&^#@HYAAAARGH~!~~!!!" every time I see a new wave of monsters, though pretty much all enemies can be evaded(by rolling Ed around like a ball :-D). Some monsters/bosses are very cheap, but luckily there are piles of interesting items in the game. smile.gif And then there's the platform-hopping that gets hella annoying.

Graphics do the job but are still average. Story ... well, it involves a semi-Mary Sue. Diolouge drags on but can be very cute and often has the personality of the characters intact. And as much as I like the anime-cutouts diolouge in GBA games, it's kinda cheesy when it's JUST the cutouts moving about on the screen in a PS2 game. Otherwise, it's just fun to see the characters from the manga&anime in the high-quality movie clips that were especially made for the game. Maybe they poured all their resources into the prettyness of anime?

Overall, the game is very frustrating and ONLY for FMA fans. In fact, the only reason why I'm still playing it is because I'm a fan. Yeah, I know, being a licensed game, it's OK, but still, I'm very, VERY upset that I paid $40 of my own money for this. I should have read a review first.  :-/

[/rant]
[snapback]150620[/snapback]

yes i agree... Al is rather retarded... hes not the greatest sidekick in the world happy.gif;;;;; but what do you mean about the dungeons? the puzzles in the game were challenging.... sometimes...

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Tetsuya
post Apr 12 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #25

Citizen

Member No.: 11,646

OK I played it alittle n a store and I liked what I played. I'm thinking about buying it but I need some fresh opinons from people who've played it completely or who almost beat the game.

--------------------
user posted image

"To escape the past is to sacrifice the future"

The Prince of Darkness

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Apr 15 2005, 10:52 AM
Post #26

Guests

QUOTE(Tetsuya @ Apr 12 2005, 07:58 PM)
OK I played it alittle n a store and I liked what I played. I'm thinking about buying it but I need some fresh opinons from people who've played it completely or who almost beat the game.
[snapback]151540[/snapback]

wait till it comes down to $20. :-) or just rent first. I'm not sure why it's still $40. Prolly has to do with how sad fans like me will buy anything FMA. ;_;

+Quote Post
harmony_kh_kairi
post Apr 19 2005, 02:40 PM
Post #27

Citizen

From: Why do you want to know? *cough* West Coast of *cough* Florida *cough*
Member No.: 11,459

2/5
I played the whole game through in like 15 hours and I found the plot lacking in any depth or twists and the ai was extremly bad and there was alot of possiblities for Square with this game but they didn't use them. The fact that you couldn't control Alphonse really disappointed me and the fact there was no two player mode was an even bigger bummer and the lack of freedom with Ed's alchemy was annoying and the total lack of environment freedom was nothing short of frustrating. Also the fact that there was a deffinate lack of environments and you kept having to back track got on my nerves and that they didn't use the great cut scenes or voice actors to their fullest potential instead they made you read scrolling text. I mean come on isn't Square the company known for their advancments in graphics and in game voices and yet besides the sparse cut scenes the graphics sucked and they barely used the talented actors they had onhand to use. I'm a big Square Enix fan and I really felt diappointed with their work this time, which is a first, I think they could have done much better with such a popoular and potentail ridden franchais like FMA but they didn't. Square is known for their 40 hour RPGs with indepth storylines and thats what I expected to get but while I was playing it and I got to realizing that after just 15 hours of continueous gameplay I was already at the end I was furious (exspecially since it wasn't a cheap game). I hope they do a much better job with the third game which is already slated for Japanese release this summer, FMA and the girl who surpased Gods (or somethng like that). But from what I've heard about the third game attempt by Square they're finally going to stop playing around and take a game based on such a great francais to its fullest potentail, namely better gaphics, longer better story, two player mode, and the ability to control both brothers not to mention a better alchemy system. We can only hope Square will finally give FMA fans what they've been asking for in a game based on their favorite series and do it well so as to prevent another disappointment like Broken Angel.

--------------------
IPB Image
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first and the lesson after"
Please read my fic Someone Like You What happens when someone who isn't you looks just like you?

+Quote Post
foolmetal alchem...
post Apr 21 2005, 04:42 PM
Post #28

Major General

Member No.: 12,269

I give it a 4 because of two parts. There were no resting points. Every area had enemes. Also, the story line had nothing to do with the anime. I had bought the game without watching the show. It totally confused me. Other than that, the gameplay and graphics are great. The story is interesting too.

--------------------

Currently EKE's GP Deshi-in Training!
*Has been nicknamed "Dai-chan" by Celes.*
Aily: He's so adorable. :3

+Quote Post
Electra
post Apr 23 2005, 09:06 AM
Post #29

Citizen

Member No.: 9,386

Fry's Electronics sells the game for $29.99 ^.^ *Just brought the game yesterday~* http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4325465?s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

--------------------
Little sister~: ed's secret agent

:: [DeviantArt Gallery] ::

+Quote Post
trunks
post Apr 23 2005, 09:09 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 10,906

i would rate this game a 1 out of 5 because i went to a bunch of different of game stores like gamestops and ebs and fyes and they said the gamne sucks but the show rules they thought since the company who made that game made other great games it would be a hit but it was stinker i love fullmetal alchemist like the next person but if i got so many bad comments about the game the game must not be worth my money or time

--------------------
real full metal alchemist and i love cheslya chandler

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 08:09 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css