HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Do People Hate Winry And/or Edwin?, Discuss one of the toughest issues!!!
Automne
post Jul 6 2006, 02:01 AM
Post #271

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,171

The only problem with your statement is that EdWin is not canon.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jul 6 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #272

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Jul 6 2006, 03:01 AM) [snapback]419266[/snapback]

The only problem with your statement is that EdWin is not canon.

How not so? Isn't canon used for the pairings that are very possible, somewhat implemented in the series, and/or quite popular, like Ed x Winry and Roy x Riza? Or have I been shown how to use the term wrongly all these years and it just means pairings that are already in the series? >>; I could've sworn it meant more than that...oh well...

Whatever then just take that out of my statment then. =P It's still much more plausible than EdxRoy (I admit it, despite loving it) and some of the shows' other pairings.

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Automne
post Jul 6 2006, 08:08 AM
Post #273

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 13,171

Hum...I always considered 'canon' pairings like Izumi X Sieg, Hoho X Trisha, or even Hoho X Dante. EdWin, nor RoyEye, is in nowhere canon to me, just for the simple fact that they did not get together in the series, and manga-wise, anything can happen, and maybe they'll never get together also; maybe because they'll never have the guts to admit their feelings to each other, or maybe because one of them will die...Who knows?

Also, considering the EdWin pairing in the anime, it is obvious to me that Ed certainly doesn't return Win's feelings. Also, any pairing can make sense if written properly, hell, a good writer can make the Ed x Envy pairing fluffy and still make it plausible. And now, directed towars general 'you': It is not very intelligent to follow most manga elitists' logic and think that any canon pairing - or that has the possibilities to become canon - is oh-so-obviously better than any fanon one, and god forbid and send to hell anyone who dares to like anything other than ZOMG!RoyEye or EdWin.

--------------------

mspaint_lolz on livejournal

'Buffy and Angel had gone out before and Buffy wasn't really comfortable talking to Spike and Angel at the same time, because now Spike and Buffy had been going out for 6 months and Buffy was afraid that Angel might tell Spike that him and Buffy went out, but it turns out that Angel had told Spike that they went out, Spike was heartbroken that Buffy never told him that they went out, so Spike broke up with Buffy to get back at her for not telling him that Angel and Buffy went out.'

-NOT MINE

TEH BESTEST (AND MOST FRENCH) ROMANCE EVAR

+Quote Post
Fushi
post Jul 6 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #274

Lt. General

Member No.: 37,703

QUOTE(SinLuxuria @ Jul 6 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]419312[/snapback]

Hum...I always considered 'canon' pairings like Izumi X Sieg, Hoho X Trisha, or even Hoho X Dante. EdWin, nor RoyEye, is in nowhere canon to me, just for the simple fact that they did not get together in the series, and manga-wise, anything can happen, and maybe they'll never get together also; maybe because they'll never have the guts to admit their feelings to each other, or maybe because one of them will die...Who knows?

Also, considering the EdWin pairing in the anime, it is obvious to me that Ed certainly doesn't return Win's feelings. Also, any pairing can make sense if written properly, hell, a good writer can make the Ed x Envy pairing fluffy and still make it plausible. And now, directed towars general 'you': It is not very intelligent to follow most manga elitists' logic and think that any canon pairing - or that has the possibilities to become canon - is oh-so-obviously better than any fanon one, and god forbid and send to hell anyone who dares to like anything other than ZOMG!RoyEye or EdWin.

Bleh, I'm just remembering how I've seen the canon term used for YGO pairings, like Mai x Jounouchi; nothing ever happened, but you can tell something might've happened. Then again, it almost seemed like Jou had a crush on Mai (oh heavens no...*hates Mai with a passion*) so I guess that's what makes it canon. *shurgs* Guess I'm just wrong.

Well of course any good fanficition writer can make any pairing plausible. But if you look at the show, Winry x Ed is probably the second most plausible pairing. (first being Roy x Riza...to me at least.) Honestly, most pairings in that show aren't very plausible at all, including the uber popular Roy x Ed I'm a fan of, as there's pratically no romance, period.
but still uck...I don't think I can ever stomach an uber lovey, uber fluffy, hopeless romantic Envy...

Hrmmm...anyways, some people are just weird for hating popular pairings. (there. Better word. o.o)

--------------------
My icon comm

"I can't stand RoyxHughes (he's married and has a daughter!)"
Popo: "Brace for Fushi! *cowers*"

Huge Maes Hughes fan. In fact I'm even the Maes Hughes of livejournal. Really. Look for me under "M"

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Jul 6 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #275

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

What Lux says is true about what is technically canon.

However, colloquially, it is still quite common to employ canon as a pairing that seems very standard (by anime relationship predictability) or possible, or fairly obvious by subtext. Sometimes "Soooo canon!" is just a joking phrase thrown around to support pairings, with whatever tiny bits of evidence there are. ("Look at the way he just looked at him! They're so totally canon!") I saw a Tringhamcest icon that says "My OTP is 100% canon". Does that mean there's incest in the series? No, but it means a fangirl can jokingly mention how much blatant evidence there is through her fangirl eye, without having to make stuff up.

I don't consider EdWin and RoyEye to be technically canon in that strict way and will argue against such, but still, on occasions when I happen to write or draw those pairings, I'll make some joke about how I'm having a canonhet phase, because it's much closer to canon than the usual freaky stuff I'm fond of writing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
natralguy
post Jul 23 2006, 11:02 AM
Post #276

Citizen

Member No.: 38,702

nah i dont like winry she is annyoing and i dont find her very attractive either

+Quote Post
Winter Phantom
post Jul 3 2007, 06:02 AM
Post #277

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,591

I bet it's because Winry and Ed look like siblings in the anime.That's my reason.In the manga,I have no problem of it since the storyline is WAY different than the anime.

--------------------

I am sane. It's this world that's crazy.
Kariya Jin (Bleach)

Kariya Jin, Bleach

+Quote Post
SilverSnow
post Jul 3 2007, 03:33 PM
Post #278

Citizen

Member No.: 46,639

Well some people just hate her because they think Ed likes her and they like Ed sooooo well but people like me just hate her cuz ... dunno we just find her utterly annoying... everytime she comes on I just wanna b*tch slap her to the next millennium till her kids inherit the pain..... her personality and voice and the way she reacts grrrr bee-otch I wanna run over her then shoot her with a 50 cal desert eagle... then hang her while I endlessly punch her.

--------------------
Don't be a douche
-Anyone can make a little typing error : (
-Nobody is perfect budy, Zomg! not even you : O so shut up and leave people who ain't doing nothing to you alone.
-Complaing and bashing people in a "smart" way is just as bad as flaming
-n00b isn't a real word. - _ - STOP PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT or go out and read a book or stop reading so many books or go outside to the mall ounce in a while, point is BALANCE in your life is good.
-Have a nice day!

+Quote Post
Naivete
post Jul 3 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #279

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 43,484

They're called fangirls who have nothing better to do all day than post rubbish such as "OMG, WINNRY IS SUCH A [spoiler]"beep"[/spoiler], SHE DOESN'T DESERVE HIM!" or "NOOOO! Ed is MINE!" on forums. wink.gif

And the fact that some people can not see Ed and Winry's relationship go past siblings/good friends.

--------------------

Destitute shrine maidens need no donation boxes.

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.

+Quote Post
SilverSnow
post Jul 3 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #280

Citizen

Oh yeah sure you should post that everywhere " Everyone just hates winry because they're ALL rabid fangirls of Ed " People won't get confused anymore : O I love sarcasm.

--------------------
Don't be a douche
-Nobody is perfect budy, Zomg! not even you : O so shut up and leave people who ain't doing nothing to you alone.
-n00b isn't a real word. - _ - STOP PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT or go out and read a book or stop reading so many books or go outside to the mall ounce in a while, point is BALANCE in your life is good.
-Have a nice day!

+Quote Post
Menelvir
post Jul 3 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #281

Alchemists

Member No.: 46,907

I suppose we can summarise the canon/not canon argument like this:

What is canon: Ed and Winry are REALLY close, and they (possibly) have feelings for each other.
What is NOT canon: Ed and Winry are a couple.

Conclusion: NOT canon couple, but probably in future.

That's my opinion, because to me, something that is canon is printed out in black and white by the author/director/mangaka.

And why so many people hate them? Maybe they're in denial. Maybe they just like EdWin to be just friendship. Maybe they support EdxSomeone else or WinryxSomeone else, and so they see EdWin as a threat to their fandom?

EDIT to reply to SilverSnow: Hush, girl. Follow your own advice: Complaing and bashing people in a "smart" way is just as bad as flaming

Besides, that IS one of the reasons why people hate EdWin. "No, Ed and Winry can't be together because ED IS MINE!! *steals Ed*" It kind of makes me sick, actually. But thankfully (or not), that group of rabid fangirls aren't the only Winry-haters around.

--------------------

~A painless lesson is one without any meaning; There is no coming to consciousness without pain~

Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

+Quote Post
Naivete
post Jul 4 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #282

Oh yeah sure you should post that everywhere " Everyone just hates winry because they're ALL rabid fangirls of Ed " People won't get confused anymore : O I love sarcasm.

Where did I say everyone? huh.gif
And what I posted is true enough- you do get those types of fangirls in fandoms.
Plus, I never said that was the only reason.
Get your facts right before you flame me.

--------------------

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.

+Quote Post
SilverSnow
post Jul 5 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #283

Citizen

Menelvir BS

baKa-neKoh you said "they're called" pointing out the entire group of people who don't like winry as fangirls of ed. See? you don't need to use the word "everyone" to point out an entire group.

There are so many arguments besides the ones in my siggy, you guys are smart enough to find your own, right? : D

--------------------
Don't be a douche
-Have a nice day!

+Quote Post
Naivete
post Jul 5 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #284

*headpalm*
"They're" does not necessarily mean EVERYONE dammit!
And the use of "they're" there does not actually imply the whole group of EdWin/Winry haters. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Now stop nitpicking at my sentences so everyone can get on with their life!!

--------------------

Romantically Apocalyptic
It summons cancer.

+Quote Post
SilverSnow
post Jul 5 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #285

Citizen

headpalm? my ass, I'm doing nothing wrong you know it oh "Now stop nitpicking at my sentences so everyone can get on with their life!! " for the godamm record, I'm just sitting here typing I'm doing nothing to stop anyone to get on with their lives, you don't need to do any sort of **** to your post to get people to think what you were saying (aka All win haters are fans of ed ) I highlighted the godamm sentence to show you the frikin facts, oh no no no but now since I highlighted it I'm nitpicking at your sentence, screw my point, cuz I highlighted a sentence.
Bah damm right I'll leave than argue with a wall

--------------------
Don't be a douche
-Have a nice day!

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2016 - 06:22 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css