HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Why Do People Hate Winry And/or Edwin?, Discuss one of the toughest issues!!!
Fresh_Coffee
post Feb 20 2005, 05:46 PM
Post #16

Brigadier General

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,780

What is up with the Triple post? PLEASE DO NOT DO IT! I'm sorry I'm venting my anger on you. I don't hate Ed/win they are my fave couple.

--------------------
<3'S2

Summer lovin<3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 20 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #17

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

@ Tobu Ishi, are you sure you have the time...there will by many biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Feb 20 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #18

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I thankfully haven't seen a lot of Winry hating. She's definitely one of my favorite characters. She's just so sweet, emotionally strong, independent, and her relationship with the brothers is so sweet.

If you want an answer to your question, it's simple. Fangirls have an invariable tendency to despise any character with ovaries who happens within five feet of their favorite bishounen.

So even if said ovarian offender loves him/is important to him/ cares for him/ is best of friends with him/ is the best thing in the world for him, said fangirl is likely to me so blinded with unreasonable jealousy, that she's likely to only see (Sometimes non-existant) negative qualities, and is likely to label the offender as "Lame", "Annoying", a"Bitch", or a "Slut".

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

(Smile)

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Feb 21 2005, 01:05 AM
Post #19

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

Phyco girl: I don't really see THAT much winry haters... doesn't like her as much as other characters DOES NOT MEAN that people hate her... I can't find any good reasons to hate Winry myself.... or, did you simply started this topic to flood and increase the number of posts or whatever.

There are not enough Winry haters in this world because Winry should not be hated (she is lovely and such a darling in the manga... and she is really cool in the anime ^^). This topic is pretty much pointless to begin with.

And someone up there... don't just say that yaoi fans hate Winry because they like the yaoi couple better... that's not always the case (altho I do agree with the fangirl thing... I have two friends who are die-hard Ed fangirl and they both go for Al/Win ^^wink.gif

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Feb 21 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #20

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

Yes, that's the other thing. People who aren't vicious enough to /hate/ a female character who's in the way of a pairing just farm her off to someone else.

This is where I think a lot of Al/Winry comes from. Not all, just a lot. It's pretty much nondebatable that Al has a crush on Winry, but whether she returns his feelings is definitely up for grabs. But since A) Al is cute and people want to see him happy, B ) Winry at least likes Al, and C) it gets her out of the way of both Ed/fangirl and Ed/Roy... ;_;

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 21 2005, 04:15 AM
Post #21

Moderator Emeritus

There is one place I do see alot of hate and it is on this very website.

The gallery. Some of the things said on Winry pictures are horrid, not to mention childish.

Oh dear

Hope the link works. This is tame compared to others.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AA battery
post Feb 21 2005, 04:20 AM
Post #22

Brigadier General

Member No.: 7,450

lol, figured that Motherland was the source of hate for Winry (BONES, you are stupid ~_~)

in fact, I did hate Winry and Motherland because of that video clip for a while, but figured that the clip is not really relevant to the plotline much so i don't hate Winry anymore for that.

--------------------
*June 11, 2013 - New Doujinshis Added*
Hi, I got a bunch of FMA merchandises (keychains, pencil boards, cards, figurines, book in figure red...etc) for sale at my LJ. Please visit my sale post here if interested! Thanks ^_^

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 21 2005, 08:24 AM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

The rest of the series, she's a very capable and skilled mechanic (not a traditionally feminine job, to say the least), a career woman with her own life and interests, and a great credit to both the Elrics. Not to mention she's a great getaway driver and plays chicken with trains. XD One of these days I'm going to go through the series and count up how many times that fantastic automail of hers has saved Ed's life...

I agree although I am more going by Winry's manga counterpart as I haven't seen enough of her in the anime yet. In the manga at least, Winry is an awesome female character and she certainly is not weak. In fact one of Fullmetal Alchemist 's strongest point is its strong female leads. Off the top of my head I can't think of a weak female character in the story (which is certainly not the case in most other anime).

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Feb 21 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #24

Guests

I'm actually really amused that all those fangirls were tearing apart the way Winry dresses. Honestly, have they looked at the anime world in general? Fullmetal has some of the most modestly-dressed females in all of anime. Yes, Winry wears a tube top a lot. She also wears modest sundresses, pants and shirts, and nothing that shoves her cleavage into the stratosphere (or even shows it!), nor anything like cheeky shorts or peekaboo keyholes or leather. And she never has clothing torn off of her. Heck she even sleeps in a smock. You never see her in her underwear, never see her in the shower. The only moment of real fanservice we ever got was the scary torpedo boobs in Motherland, and those aren't even canon-accurate.

The rest of Fullmetal is just the same. Riza sleeps in blue flannel pajamas. Maria Ross wears conservative holiday gear. Izumi's cleavage is offset by modest pants, a long duster, and bathroom slippers, and her nightgown looks like the sort of thing my eminently practical mother would wear. And Roy never does get anyone into a miniskirt.

Frankly, considering the number of times Ed is stripped down/bathing/shirtless/has his clothes ripped off/rips his OWN clothes off in the series, Fullmetal may have the highest ratio of male to female fanservice I've ever seen in an anime. XD

+Quote Post
Tobu Ishi
post Feb 21 2005, 09:43 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

Member No.: 6,815

Sorry, that ^ was me. *forgot to log in*

--------------------

The Restoring Earth Alchemist
Big Sister to Chiyo, Little Sister to Tokage, Edward to WrenchFreakWinry

An Appetite For Grief Dividing the Bones Elysium FULLMETAL FOLLY
Good Neighbors Jaybird Letdown Mater Familias Mea Culpa Play With Me
Rosarium Seven Years The Shadow of Him Some Assembly Required Wired Wooden

<3 The EdWin 100 Themes <3
She remembers the way her inexplicably riveted gaze slid unbidden
down the curves of his back, slowly, like honey. And she particularly remembers
the rush of prickly heat, the unfamiliar melting sensation that made her duck
her head to hide a blush that caught her entirely by surprise; as she realized
for the first time, in an entirely new way, that Ed was a
boy.

Click here to read more...
THEY'RE STILL UPDATING! PLEASE DON'T FORGET THEM. ;_;

+Quote Post
Penguin
post Feb 21 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 4,928

I don't hate Winry. In fact, I think she is an okay character in her own right. If there were more of her in the series, I would probably like her even more. However, I just have to deal with what I have of her. She is a cool girl.

Edwin, on the other hand, just doesn't click with me. I find it rather cliche and dull. This is my own opinion, and I know the fans wouldn't think the same way. But hell, Edwin fans have their own opinions of my favorite coupling, so I thought I may share my two cents.

+Quote Post
ed's secret ...
post Feb 21 2005, 12:24 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,674

I'm sorta a Ed fangirl and I am a big EdWin fan so... Not all of us feel that way...

+Quote Post
Hedera
post Feb 21 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #28

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,127

Hmm… I always thought that most people like EdXWinry. mellow.gif
Anyways, my opinion… I don’t like this pairing, ‘cause I think that their relationships are like between brother and sister (except some moments tongue.gif ).
I don’t hate Winry… and I don’t really like her. But I feel hate when she hits Ed with a wrench! dry.gif I guess, it’s REALLY painful! sad.gif Could she try another method of punishing him? blink.gif
Yes, Winry’s cute, she has a good figure, etc. But for me she seems like… empty. huh.gif

Also… AlXEd is disgusting. mad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Kirara
post Feb 21 2005, 04:54 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 3,267

And Roy never does get anyone into a miniskirt

Poor Roy laugh.gif

But I feel hate when she hits Ed with a wrench!  I guess, it’s REALLY painful!  Could she try another method of punishing him?

Those scenes are mainly for comedy relief and are not to be taken seriously. She is just showing some tough love for Ed. However if we look at Winry as a serious character I don't see what there is not to like. She is always there for Ed and Al and she is an automechanic. Frankly I find that awesome.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 21 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #30

Moderator Emeritus

I think Winry needs to learn a way with words. She can only cry when she's upset, she can only hit when she's angry.

But then which girl is eloquent in front of someone she loves tongue.gif (just my opinion I force it upon no-one).

--------------------

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 10:51 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css