Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pegasus, I just can't help myself...
Elderberry
post May 14 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #31

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 726

Kyaa! Kakkoii~!! laugh.gif I love your writing style, tokage-san! laugh.gif Hee, the cornmuffins are very fun~!

I hope your karaoke session goes well- it'll be nice to have a new contribution from you soon! happy.gif

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -
Currently designated as Marvelous Mechanic of the P!MP Mobile for the GP.
I've taken Foolmetal-kun under my wing as my GP Deshi-in training.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post May 16 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #32

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 2,565

heh, well, the karaoke session wound up going till 5am... er...so i haven't typed up chapter 3 yet. i'll get to work on that when i get home, i'll be leaving tomorrow morning... T__T kaeritakuna~~i wa yo~~~n! i dun wanna go home.

but thanks EKEsan, i'm glad you've been enjoying the story. cornmuffins are fun indeed. please look forward to more of roy's assinine antics in the next chapter, including blowing up the engine in hughes's car, and the first time riza gets to play his chauffer! happy.gif

and yes, i'll try and record something new when i get home, i've had lots of lovely warmup time here at karaoke bars. yay!

a~, tokoro de...ano 'san'tte iranai no... 'tokage' dake de ii; tomodachi darou? XD

--------------------
IPB Image

I am the Cold Blooded Alchemist. Ph34r Me.
Read My Fics! :D

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post May 16 2005, 01:42 AM
Post #33

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 11,102

damn I thought you updated! Gah! Don't get my hopes up like that!

--------------------
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>LOL!</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
*Yukina_Raven's lil sis* *Chiyo's lil sis* My big sisters rock!
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*
Above is my army of Edxwin fics... lol enjoy!

+Quote Post
Anonymous_lemona...
post May 16 2005, 09:41 AM
Post #34

Citizen

Member No.: 9,350

Wha-hoo! RoyAi rocks! This is so good. Very well written! And the situations are hilarious! I can't wait to see what's up for the next chapter!

Check out my RoyAi drabbles too, kay?! ^_^b

Salute,
Lemony

--------------------
user posted image

Dirty Little ROY is sitting in the back of math class, obviously not paying any attention, when the teacher, Professor Hawkeye, calls his name.
"Yeah teach?" he replies.
"If there are three ducks on a fence and you shoot one of them with a shotgun, how many are left?" asks the teacher.
Roy answers "Well, teach, if I shoot one of them with a shotgun, the loud noise is gonna make them all fly off."
"No, Roy, there will be two left if you shoot one with a shotgun, but I like the way you're thinking." the teacher responds.
"Well, teach, I've got a question for you... There are 3 women that come out of an ice-cream parlor, one is biting her ice-cream cone, one is licking it, and one is sucking on it. Which one is married?"
The Professor, a little taken back by the question, answers, "Well, uh, gee Roy, I guess the one that's sucking on the ice cream."
Roy replies "No teach, the one that has the wedding ring on her finger, but I like the way you're thinking!"

Please read and reveiw... Ever Since You Royai goodness... Drabble #3 is up! And #4 is on the way!

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post May 16 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #35

Moderator Emeritus

QUOTE(tokage-san)
a~, tokoro de...ano 'san'tte iranai no... 'tokage' dake de ii; tomodachi darou? XD
Aa, hai...tashika ni tomodashi nan desu ne~ Demo...tokage-san wa ORE yori motto...nn, dattara, 'kun' wa dou kai? happy.gif;;

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post May 16 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(Elderberry @ May 16 2005, 09:08 PM)
Aa, hai...tashika ni tomodashi nan desu ne~  Demo...tokage-san wa ORE yori motto...nn, dattara, 'kun' wa dou kai? happy.gif;;
[snapback]173783[/snapback]

LOL! wakatta wakatta. suki ni shite ne. 'san' mo 'kun' mo nandemo ii desu. happy.gif njya, EKE-kun hontou ni yasashii~! ^.^ nee, atashi ni kimi no banchi wo oshiereba, atashi no ryoko no omiyage ageru yo~!

and sorry, saturn (can i call you satchyan? XD), still not an update... u.u i have to leave for the airport in an hour, but i will try to get chapter three rolling as soon as i can! <3 glad you're enjoying it! XD

in the meantime...i wish 7-11's back home sold onigiri... *pouts and savors her last chicken-mayo onigiri till july...*

oh, and lemony, i will definitely check out your drabbles. <3 i love the lil thing in your signature, that's hilarious. ^0^

--------------------
IPB Image

Auld Lang Syne...Shinkume...Tsuzureori...Tin Soldiers...Pegasus...The Space Between

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post May 18 2005, 12:11 PM
Post #37

Moderator Emeritus

He~, kondo wa 'EKE-kun' tte koto ka...? laugh.gif

Maa, tokage-kun no subarashii monogatari no tsuzuki, otanoshimi ni~ biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post May 20 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #38

slight change of plans. due to a sudden epiphany, before roy blows up hughes's car...we have this chapter that i dedicate to my lovely lil sis Tobu Ishi, since she was the one who inspired it. <4!!!

March 12, 1916
2013 hours
Riza Hawkeye’s Kitchen

It wasn’t too long after Riza learned that Roy was adept at legerdemain that she discovered his ability to randomly spout poetry like it was going out of style. Dickenson, Whitman, Longfellow…even Shakespeare. It seemed he knew them all, and had no qualms about sliding snippets of their work into his vernacular if he thought it would help his endeavors…

She recalled (as she cursed under her breath, picking bits of broken eggshell out of the cake batter. Why was it so hard to cleanly crack an egg?) that, while she would sooner have died than admitted it, she had actually been impressed by the wealth of (often useless) information within Roy Mustang’s head. Even now, all these years later, he was remarkably well-read and witty for someone so adept at acting like a complete moron…

June 24, 1906
1445 hours
The Courtyard near the Quad

“For the last time, Senpai,” Riza growled, clutching her knapsack and quickening her stride, “no, I will not go to the graduation formal with you this Friday!”

Roy scowled from behind her, and was giving serious thought to making faces at the back of her head, but stopped himself. Of all people on campus, it’d be just his luck Riza Hawkeye would be the one to actually have eyes in the back of her head.

“Hawkeye, just hear me out,” he pleaded, jogging to match pace with her. “You’re being unreasonable.”

She stopped and glared at him.

“Turning you down for the 16th time when I told you no from the beginning is unreasonable?” she asked coldly, and he winced.

“Come on,” he implored, dashing after her when she stalked away again. “It’s the biggest party of the year! Don’t you get it? I can’t be seen there with anybody else!”

She just rolled her eyes.

“Why not?” she demanded. “You’ve got plenty of flighty fangirls flocking to flank you, why not take one of them?”

“Because,” he began, and then realized he didn’t really have a good reason. He just wanted to go with her. “Because…they…”

She snorted. “…don’t deserve you?” she cooed sourly, and he gave her an icy look.

“You’re not hearing me,” he sulked, and she didn’t break stride a bit.

“On the contrary, Senpai, it seems to me that you’re the one with the hearing problem,” she countered. “What part of ‘no’ don’t you understand?”

“The part with the N and the O?” he attempted, and she whirled, pointing a finger at him.

“Senpai, just drop it,” she said, slicing one hand through the air. “I’m not going. I don’t dance, I don’t mingle, I don’t make dinnertime small-talk, and I sure as hell won’t be doing any of that with you at some overstuffed academy social function. You and I have nothing to talk about anyway.” She huffed. “End of story.”

She turned to retreat again.

Nothing to talk about? Why, there was so much they could talk about!!

There was…

Uhm…

Oh…crap. Maybe she was right.

Uh-oh… It looked like he was going to have to do it after all…

Roy knew this was a last resort, but he was nearing the end of his rapidly fraying rope. He hadn’t wanted to break out this weapon, but desperate times did, after all, call for desperate measures. And if it was something to talk about she wanted…

He reached out one hand and called to her dramatically.

“Riza!!”

Upon hearing him call her by her first name, Riza felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand at attention. She froze in mid-step and turned slowly, and Roy fought the urge to shrink away. If looks could kill…

Her eyes narrowed.

“And precisely who told you that we were on such friendly terms you could call me by my first name, Senpai?” she wanted to know, and he swallowed hard.

It was now or never.

“Riza!” he cried again, and she quirked an eyebrow when he struck what she assumed he thought was a dashing pose and proceeded to begin reciting poetry.

“Riza, thy beauty is to me
Like those Nicean barks of yore
That gently, o'er a perfumed sea,
The weary way-worn wanderer bore
To his own native shore…”

“Oh, brother…” she grumbled, and her palm met her forehead loudly.

That didn’t stop him.

“On desperate seas long wont to roam,
Thy hyacinth hair, thy classic face,”

Riza’s eyebrows crashed down into an expression of piqued irritation, and she slowly walked back toward him. Roy, mistaking this advance for progress on his part, proceeded to wave one arm grandly as he waxed theatrical for the climax of the poem.

“Thy Naiad airs have brought me home
To the glory that—”

She cuffed him soundly upside the head.

“Come off it, you idiot,” she scolded as he whined and rubbed his ear. “You really think spouting that sugary crap is going to help you win any girl’s heart?”

“Maybe?” he said, and she scoffed. He looked piteously at her. “It worked on the last girl.”

She rolled her eyes.

“Then she was an idiot, too,” Riza explained curtly, and shook her head.

Ouch. That stung… He gave her the look of the gravely injured, and she sighed hopelessly.

“Reciting corny verse by Poe isn’t going to make me any more eager to join you at the dance than your childish begging and pleading.”

“How about Shakespeare, then?” he said brightly, refusing to be shot down. He narrowed one eye wisely. “I know you like Shakespeare, Hawkeye; I saw all those manuscripts in your dorm room.”

He cleared his throat.

“Shall I compare thee to a Summer’s Day--?”

She quickly stepped on his foot and he yelped.

“No, you shall not,” she interrupted.

“Why do you have to attack all my advances so violently!?” he howled, now nursing wounded toes on top of a burning ear and seriously punctured pride.

“Because they’re asinine?” she suggested. “You need to learn when to quit, Senpai.”

He stood up very straight and folded his arms over his chest.

“A Mustang never quits,” he told her sternly, and her gaze reeled skyward as she shrugged her shoulders and started to walk away again. He lifted one hand to the sky at her back.

“But hark! What light in yonder dorm-room breaks?
It is the east, and Riza is the sun!”

Riza didn’t blink.

“You’re beating a dead horse, Senpai,” she called back over her shoulder. He fisted his hands and threw back his head.

“A horse! My kingdom for a horse!”

She made a face and happened to glance back at him.

“What the hell does that have to do with anything?”

He gave her a sly look, deftly ignoring the odd glances he was getting from passers-by.

“It made you stop, didn’t it?”

She turned again.

“You really are an idiot,” she said. “I told you: flowery poems won’t get you anywhere.”

If that was the case, he decided to try a different tactic:

“My mistress’s eyes are nothing like the sun;
Coral is far more red than her lips’ red:”

She glanced back over her shoulder at him, her eyes narrow and her fingernails digging into the fabric of her backpack. Now he was going too far.

“If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun
If hairs be wires, gold wires grow on her head”

“Kindly leave my breasts out of this, Senpai,” she scolded darkly, “and stick to things you actually have experience in when bleating words that may well hasten your death.”

He took a halting breath, and continued, despite her threats, walking toward her slowly and deliberately...

“…I love to hear her speak; yet well I know
That music hath a far more pleasing sound;
I grant I never saw a goddess go,
My mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:”

Riza’s eyes were half-closed with swallowed loathing and silent fury as he approached, and he hesitated before completing the final stanza.

“And yet, by heaven, I think my love as rare
As any she belied with false compare.”

There was a moment of silence so thick Roy was certain it would suffocate him, and then she gave him a look that sent shivers down his spine.

“Are you quite through, Professor Mustang?” she inquired in a voice that would have melted titanium.

He didn’t reply. He had to admit he was a trifle worried by the murderous undertone in her words.

Riza cracked her knuckles, and he forbade himself to backpedal in fear.

“When I said flowery poetry was a bad idea, I didn’t mean it was wiser to spew Shakespearean insults.”

He was silent still, and she glowered at him a moment longer before turning on her heel to trot crisply back toward her room.

He opened his mouth to call to her again and, sensing his rising impatience, she quickly cut him off.

“The answer is still no, Senpai,” she called without glancing back, and harrumphed to herself in triumph when no further absurdity seemed forthcoming.

Roy watched her go for a moment, feeling deflated, dejected, and downright jilted.

Gods…what did one have to do to get on Riza Hawkeye’s Good List?

…Hell, at this point, he’d have settled for getting off her Shit List. She really seemed to have it in for him, and he couldn’t quite figure out why. It was as if she were targeting him personally out of spite.

…Targeting…

…wait…

Riza was nearly beyond earshot when she stopped again, dead in her tracks, and her lips parted slightly in amazement. She whirled back and gaped at the man standing in the sidewalk behind her. Gone was the mischievous twinkle from his eyes; the smug smirk from his lips. His voice was low and rich; a startlingly captivating baritone as he spoke words she never expected—not in a million years—to come from his mouth.

“Thine eye, ah! what an arrow! thine eyebrow,
How strong a bow! and what an archer thou!”

She shook her head in confusion.

“Senpai, how…?”

There was absolutely no way…

A small smile graced his angled features as he closed the verse:

“Ah! what a target hast thou made of me.”

and he threaded his fingers together to wait for her reaction.

She was positively dumbstruck.

“Senpai, that’s…that’s…”

“Hafiz, yes,” he assured her.

“You know Hafiz?”

She never told him she liked Hafiz. And she didn’t have any of his compiled works on her bookshelf. So…how had he…? How had he not only known he was her favorite poet…but known her favorite of his works on top of that? It was inconceivable!

He smiled genuinely, folding his arms.

“Hey, just because I happen to be well-versed in cheese doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the real deal.”

She looked at him, searching his eyes for enlightenment into this enigma of a man and, finding no such answers, she averted her gaze to her own hands, and muttered something under her breath. As much as it pained her to give in…

Roy’s eyebrows arched diabolically.

“What was that?”

“I said…” she began again, and lifted her head. “I said, ‘all right, I’ll go.’.”

His eyes widened. It had…actually worked?

Well he’d be damned!

“Don’t think you’ve won,” she warned. “I was just…surprised…”

She didn’t smile.

“Any man who knows Hafiz deserves one last shot,” was all she would concede to say before she spun and dashed away, leaving Roy to savor the lingering scent of orange and lavender that he always caught from her hair as she passed.

Last shot? he mused to himself, amused that he had barely been given a first shot to begin with. But he would take what he could get.

“Then I’ll come pick you up at 7:30.”

“If you’re late I’ll shoot you!” she called as she darted up the stairs toward her room. “And don’t think I’ll hesitate to bloody a rented tux!”

Roy laughed out loud. Because the thought had never crossed his mind. And once she was gone from his sight, he turned and shoved his hands in his pockets as he ambled lightly back down the sidewalk back toward his own dorm building.

He would have to make sure to thank Hughes for that tip about Riza fawning over the works of Hafiz…

March 12, 1916
2021 hours
Riza Hawkeye’s Kitchen

Granted, when she found out it had been Hughes who had tipped him off, she had soundly beaten up the both of them with her history notebook.

But the formal had been enjoyable. She was loathe to admit she’d had a good time with him, but she had. Surprisingly enough, for all his preposterous and outlandish behavior during school and on campus grounds…he was remarkably well-behaved and chivalrous when the occasion called for it. She recalled how startled she had been by his punctuality, his courteous actions, and most of all, his gentlemanly attitude. She had been almost alarmed into throttling this imposter and demanding to know what he’d done with her Senpai?

Unfortunately, as time would have things, the formal ball that year was really the last of her carefree days as a cadet, and surely the last of Mustang’s. After his graduation from the program, things had started to go awry on more levels than young Riza had ever thought possible…

She poured the cake batter into a pan and double-checked the oven temperature, then slid the pan onto the rack and silently shut the oven door. She glanced at Hayate, who was still sitting in the kitchen ingress, and then she leaned against the counter.

Yes…that dance was truly the last of her naïve days.

After that night, the both of them had been forced to grow up far more quickly than they had wanted or expected.

all of the verses herein are actual poetry stanzas...some just happen to be slightly reworded to fit the situations. happy.gif thanks to tobuchan for the Hafiz idea! you rawk! biggrin.gif while i myself was not overly familiar with the works of hafiz, after reading some of them, they did strike me as the type of poetry riza would enjoy. concise and to the point...but somehow delightfully vague at the same time. plus they're in turkish, which is just cool. ^0^ go check them out sometime!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post May 20 2005, 04:11 AM
Post #39

I think the poetry worked wonderfully in your writing hun!

I have to say that it was very intelligent and well chosen. I am loving this story. I wonder if the last few lines about having to grow up quickly were referring to the fact she is falling in love, or something bad is going to happen.

Well thought out chapter! Ver enjoyable

Kudos to you tobu for suggesting Hafiz it worked wonderfulyl!

ummm you can call me Sat-chan... if you were refering to me that is. I don't mind what you call me as long as it's not rude or anything lol. I mean I call you Tokage because I can't be bothered typing the whole thing out tongue.gif

But I can't wait till you update again!
Love Saturn

--------------------

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>~*~Lialiakicks' evil parter in crime~*~</span>
Taken Away EdxWinxRozexWin? Lost in Your Heaven EdxWin... er... WinxMunichAl? (It's up to your imagination lol) EdxWinry 100 Themes Uh yeah that's EdxWin Someone Who Cares For Me EdxWin... again... Manga Related? Stand Up and Walk Forward Umm yes... EdxWin His Gift *Cough* Edxwin *Cough* Manga related? First Kiss [Edxwin] Nah really saturn Stars? Let me tell you... if fluff could kill... *Manga, Chapter 48 related*

+Quote Post
Luckyalchemy27
post May 20 2005, 07:01 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 10,100

Granted, when she found out it had been Hughes who had tipped him off, she had soundly beaten up the both of them with her history notebook.

I can see that. *grins* Yeah, I can definitely see that.

--------------------
I support the PAA, the Paco Association of America!
IPB Image
Thanks to Phyco Girl for the kickass sig! :3
Kindly visit my my sig shop.
Need an avatar, or got a request? Mosy on over to The 100 Avatar Challenge.
Take a visit to Emberflare Academy.

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post May 21 2005, 05:56 AM
Post #41

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

Niiiice!!!!!!!
Riza finally goes out with Roy ^-^ *pictures them dancing*

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Elderberry
post May 21 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #42

Moderator Emeritus

Subarashii~ desu wa~ laugh.gif *claps*

Marvelous choice of poetry. I love it when fanfiction makes you feel like you've gained some more intelligence! laugh.gif

Hm...could the Ishbal war be approaching? (According to the time frame, it seems like it takes place within about 1-2 years...) happy.gif;; *horrid at chronology*

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Saturn Stars
post May 22 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #43

That was a good way to say it Elderberry. It did make me feel more intelligent. tongue.gif Good use of poetry it was.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hagane_no_tokage
post May 22 2005, 03:07 AM
Post #44

heh heh...and here's what roy's corkboard in his dorm room might look like after that momentous first date at the grad formal... XD

IPB Image

still a little rough, but... meh, i'll get to inking it one of these days... biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Aoko-chan
post May 22 2005, 08:36 AM
Post #45

Alchemists

Member No.: 10,747

Wonderful !!! xD!!

"I was tying his TIE!!!" xDD!!! Nice pictures Tokage ^^ and Maes Hughes xDD

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 03:56 AM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css