HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
A thread for all Envy fans to talk about Envy!!
Rating 5 V
Envy's Lady
post Dec 20 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #91

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 73,733

QUOTE (Luxuria-Cat @ Dec 19 2010, 11:03 AM) *
^ Wow, that's a really interesting analysis. I agree with it too, I've always thought that Envy made such an androgynous but cute form so that people would be attracted by looks, possibly to distract himself/itself from his true form and real feelings about himself?
And yeah, I agree that the homunculi could be capable of love...I'm curious about your explanation though. smile.gif

Envy never truly thought highly of himself. He tried to give himself a false sense of security by making himself/itself look the way it did.

I understand the feeling very well. A bit personal here but....well I was born more obviously different than most people since I was born with a red birthmark on my face which most people mistake for a burn scar(you probably can't tell in all of my pictures, like the ones in my set since the lighting is bright and doesn't show it really...it's more obvious in this picture for example: http://frigida.homestead.com/files/BlackWig9.jpg ) but I always felt different because of that and was treated different by a lot of other humans. For a long time I wanted to be like other humans. Especially because even my own parents made me feel like the birthmark was a curse and made me less of a person. They tried to get rid of it, for good reasons since they wanted me to be able to fit in with other people....but at the same time it made me feel like the mark was bad and that I should hate myself. And that even they didn't love me the way I was and wanted a different child since they were trying to change the way I look. The first surgery traumatized me too since I wasn't put to sleep for it and they use a laser to BURN up the blood vessels under my skin. It felt like my face was burning off and that's either the first or second memory of my life.

For many years I hid behind a mask of fake-ness. I totally hid the mark with make-up and my insecurity about it was so extreme that I didn't even let my family see me without the make-up on. I would even sleep with the blankets over my head at night. And I'd scream "No!" if anyone almost saw my face without the make-up hiding the birthmark. I don't always see make-up as fake but just in my case I did because I knew I was hiding a serious difference under it...unlike most people. When I wear my eye make-up that doesn't make me feel like I'm hiding something. Perhaps because everyone can tell I'm wearing it.

I hated myself and to a degree I still hate myself...but I felt even worse when I hid the way I truly look. I felt like no one was loving me for who I truly was. It never made me feel better to hide it, even though I used to stupidly hope it would.

I feel like Envy would feel the most loved if someone actually loved it and admired it in it's true form. I just used my own experience to explain why I believe that would be the case with Envy.

Anyway, since you wanted me to...okay I'll explain how I think Envy could potentially love a human. LOL. It's going to be a long explanation...

Well first of all....I can see Envy taking a human hostage and keeping the person somewhere to mess with them in some way. He likes to dominate humans so I can see him doing that. He could keep this person locked up somewhere. And what I see happening is if anyone like Ed or any of them come by and see this person trapped they'd free the person....but what if the person decides not to leave and then Envy comes back, sees that the person has been freed but hasn't left. I think Envy would be perplexed and ask the human why he/she didn't leave. And imagine if the person says that he/she loves Envy? Perhaps he/she got a hint of how Envy really feels and got feelings for Envy somehow, despite how Envy treated him/her.

If this person says he/she loves Envy though...at first I think Envy would totally freak out and perhaps slash the person down and then run off. But since Envy is pretty conflicted and might be somehow 'touched' by this even though he wouldn't want to admit it....he might go off and tell someone to go heal the person. Like Marcoh or something if they have him captured at the time. And just come up with some excuse like "Heal this person because we need this person for sacrifice/will have use for this person in the future." or something like that but the person would not be locked back up. And I think the person would leave, thinking that Envy hates him/her.

I still think Envy would feel conflicted and interested in this person. I think that Envy might watch this person from afar, wanting to make a connection but resisting at the same time. Because although Envy is lonely and wants certain things humans have...like their friendships and such, he HATES to truly admit that he feels that way inside. So he would continue to be conflicted....but in the end I think he would perhaps finally make the effort to approach this person again. And I can see Envy having a relationship with this person. It would be difficult to get him to show true love though...but I think he might start to feel that way inside over time. I certainly don't think he'd ever show it publicly though and there's no way he'd ever become all lovey dovey. lol. He's more likely to show it when the person is sleeping...he might curl up closer to the person or something.

And if he was with this human he would not allow for this human to have any relationships with other people...no friendships or anything because he'd be extremely jealous of all of that. He is envious of things to begin with but if he actually developed feelings for someone it would multiply it to the extreme if he saw anyone else even interacting with that person perhaps.

I also don't think that loving one human would change how Envy feels about them in general because I don't think there's any way Envy would truly become good, ever. I just think that in certain cases there might be a way for him to truly love someone.

Envy would not want this person he loves to see his true form(he'd probably start to cry if it happened)....but if he/she ever did and he/she loved Envy just as much and still wanted Envy....I think that Envy would feel truly loved.

Anyway I might be still forgetting something I wanted to say. XD I tried to explain as best I could though. tongue.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Dec 20 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #92

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

=( That's such a sad story...but I'm glad you feel better about yourself now, you're more than just your face. smile.gif
(I know what you mean about personal experiences making you understand characters better, too. )
That's a really interesting explanation, and I thought of Marcoh as well, it would have made a good plot point if he befriended Envy becuase I think Marcoh kind of understood him to a degree...and that makes sense for Envy to be incredibly possessive of the human; I think Envy would be even more jealous of the human becuase he or she would be just an always present reminder of how even if Envy could have a relationship of any kind with a human he'd never at all be human.
I thought Envy's true form was cute. I probably would have hesitated to fight him too since such a powerless form would have made winning feel cheap. XP

Oh and your cosplay is totally awesome too, you have the mannerisms down and your signature pic is cute biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Dec 20 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #93

Apprentice

QUOTE (Luxuria-Cat @ Dec 20 2010, 06:49 PM) *
=( That's such a sad story...but I'm glad you feel better about yourself now, you're more than just your face. smile.gif
(I know what you mean about personal experiences making you understand characters better, too. )
That's a really interesting explanation, and I thought of Marcoh as well, it would have made a good plot point if he befriended Envy becuase I think Marcoh kind of understood him to a degree...and that makes sense for Envy to be incredibly possessive of the human; I think Envy would be even more jealous of the human becuase he or she would be just an always present reminder of how even if Envy could have a relationship of any kind with a human he'd never at all be human.
I thought Envy's true form was cute. I probably would have hesitated to fight him too since such a powerless form would have made winning feel cheap. XP

Oh and your cosplay is totally awesome too, you have the mannerisms down and your signature pic is cute biggrin.gif

Yeah I am more than just my face but I still wish people didn't treat me differently because of my face.

Anyway, well Marcoh would probably never befriend Envy...even though some characters understand him(like especially Ed) it never seemed like any of them wanted to try to be Envy's friend due to the things Envy had done.

None of them actually LIKED Envy. And Envy does not want to be pitied by humans since in a way that is still a feeling of being looked down on by them. Empathy would be different....but I don't think anyone showed that to Envy.

Also, yeah Envy's true form is cute. I even still feel attracted to him like that although I bet people find that weird. tongue.gif I don't care though, it's still Envy.

Oh and thanks. ^^ The sig picture is a larger pic but I couldn't put in the whole thing due to sig limits. XD This is the full pic: http://frigida.homestead.com/files/BlackWig50.jpg

I have a green wig too that I made the same way. smile.gif I have more pics in the cosplay thread on this site.

I love cosplaying a character that I love so much. A lot of people have told me that I look very much like Envy in my cosplay...so I have always wondered, does that mean Envy would think I am beautiful? XD He makes himself look like that and calls it his cute form after all. Out of the anime characters I've liked over the years, I feel like perhaps Envy is the one most likely to think I'm actually attractive.....although that might mean he'll just envy me and kill me. sad.gif

And lol I'm straight but I don't care what gender Envy has! Envy can make itself whatever I'd still want it. lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Dec 31 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #94

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

I know what you mean about cosplaying the ones you like and understand. That may be why you make such a good Envy...teehee, maybe he wouldn't get jealous and kill you, maybe he'd just ask for beauty tips XD
Haha, I know what you mean, Envy is cute either gender. I used to think he/it was a girl. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Jan 2 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #95

Apprentice

QUOTE (Luxuria-Cat @ Dec 31 2010, 03:33 PM) *
I know what you mean about cosplaying the ones you like and understand. That may be why you make such a good Envy...teehee, maybe he wouldn't get jealous and kill you, maybe he'd just ask for beauty tips XD
Haha, I know what you mean, Envy is cute either gender. I used to think he/it was a girl. tongue.gif

lol. I don't think he'd ask a human for beauty tips. XD I just hope he'd think I'm sexy and make me his toy and perhaps the scenario for how Envy could like someone that I mentioned earlier could happen. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

*wishful thinking* LOL.

Anyway, I never mistook Envy for a girl. With anime I tend to figure: If the gender looks 'questionable' it's probably a guy. That's usually the case. Generally with characters that are actually female you can tell. If it looks kind of girly but you are 'unsure' then it's a safe bet to assume it's probably a guy.

It was Envy's chest that pretty much made me see Envy as a guy since yeah females can be flat....but it was just the shape of Envy's chest that made it look more male to me. And in Brotherhood they gave Envy more arm muscle like they were trying to make Envy more male. I personally look more like first anime Envy/manga Envy when I dress as Envy since Envy just looks more like a guy in Brotherhood.

Envy's genderless due to being able to be either sex....but I do think that the form Envy normally takes on, although somewhat confusing....is more male than female. But I'd do Envy either way because it's Envy. XD Even little form Envy is sexy.

lol one time I was at a con dressed as Envy and I took my wig off(my wig can give me headaches if I leave it on for a while) and I was walking around and someone commented on how I'm a blonde just like Envy(since at least in the first anime, his true form was Ed's half brother....and he had that golden blonde hair). Well golden blonde is my natural hair colour, so yeah, it's kind of funny how when I take off my wig I kind of look related to Ed because of that. XD Someone actually came up and started touching my hair. LOL. I thought it looked kind of bad though at the time since I had just had it stuffed under my wig for a few hours.

If I take off my wig and don't wash off my eyebrows though it looks kind of weird since people see my blonde hair but then see these either really black or dark green eyebrows. LOL. I use eye liner to draw over my blonde eyebrows for the cosplay. Since blonde eyebrows are such a light colour you can easily hide them by going over them with anything darker(which is pretty much any other colour...lol).

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 10:04 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css