HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
A thread for all Envy fans to talk about Envy!!
Rating 5 V
That One Dude
post May 10 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #76

State Alchemist (Major)

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,559

Hi, this newbie here speaking (typing actually) is a really big fan of Envy. I'll unite!!! smile.gif

--------------------
You aren't scared, are you?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GothGirl
post May 10 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #77

Apprentice

Member No.: 45,165

Oh...I <3 Envy, so cool. I shall unite as well (yes, I am also a semi-newbie).

--------------------

Thanks to ed_drink_your_milk for this awesome siggy!
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. ~Elbert Hubbard

+Quote Post
Full Flame Alche...
post May 13 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #78

Apprentice

Member No.: 5,327

QUOTE(nataliel @ Aug 14 2006, 07:23 PM) [snapback]432715[/snapback]
Sorry, but i don`t get it - what`s the deal with "likers unite"?
Unite where? In this forum? Where is the mentioned fanlisting?

I did mean unite in this forum. biggrin.gif (keep uniting)
There used to be a link to a fanlisting in my sig but for some reason I must have removed it. huh.gif

I don't think this is the one I originally had, but it seems to be an envy fanlisting so here's the link tongue.gif :
http://valgarv.org/envy/

--------------------

Homonculus Rule(except Wrath)

+Quote Post
Homunculi Fan
post Jul 19 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #79

Citizen

Member No.: 47,804

umm.. i'm also a big envy fan....ah....if it's okay will you post ummm.....some pictures
please if that is okay SRY!!!
unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Nightfrost
post Aug 5 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #80

Citizen

Member No.: 47,134

I have mixed feelings about Envy. He's a cool character, I like his hair, and his temper tantrums are even funnier than Wrath's and Winry's put together(still falls short of Ed's though), but if I met him in real life, I'd probably try to kill him. So, in shorter terms, I guess I like him as a character, but not as a person(or homunculus?).

+Quote Post
rikuskey
post Aug 7 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #81

Citizen

Member No.: 48,853

ALL RIGHT! *joins* envy-san kewl! biggrin.gif am i'm one of those fan girls but, he's cute too. YES! tis a he! he doesn't have any boobs. i dunno wy hy people think he does but ok! blink.gif
*tries to upload a picture* i'm new to this... tongue.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  avatar44.jpg ( 14.08K ) Number of downloads: 2

--------------------

(no not yaoi...)

+Quote Post
Arsanii
post Apr 27 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #82

Citizen

Member No.: 58,871

I <3 Envy. =^.^=

Sorry for bringing up a long dead discussion. ^^;

+Quote Post
ENVY* エンヴィー
post May 2 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #83

Citizen

Member No.: 59,142

Envy's my all-time Faveorite Character!! I LOVE HIM!!!

+Quote Post
Funkyduck
post May 7 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #84

Citizen

Member No.: 55,069

Envy is my favorite character, and has been since I first learned about him. I have to say, I like Manga Envy better, because in the manga he can turn into ANYTHING, not just people, which is juts about the coolest power in the world.

--------------------
Funkyduck
Official Neopets Addict

+Quote Post
Envy-chan
post May 8 2008, 04:04 AM
Post #85

Citizen

Member No.: 46,936

*Pokes username* You can call me a fangirl/thing. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Piou-Piou
post Apr 13 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #86

Citizen

Member No.: 67,903

Count me in! he iz DA man!!

(lets also make an anti-lust topic tongue.gif )

--------------------
http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/4/19...osm_ce02bcf.gif

<Hello Piou-Piou... The Max width for the sig pics on our board is 500 pix wide.
Your current sig pic is 600 pix wide, and a little too wide. You can shrink it to
500 pix wide, right? ^^ Thank you!! :) ~ Board Staff>

+Quote Post
Miverel
post Apr 17 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #87

Apprentice

Member No.: 68,027

Hello everyone! I have small question... Maybe somebody knows what Envy's real name is? I've read rumours that it's William (but it sounds too strange for me wink.gif)... However, I've heard few years ago that his name was something starting with 'H' letter (similar to Hohenheim probably). I'd love to know if his name has been ever announced officialy (in anime/manga/guide books) and if yes then what's it.
Thank you all in advance for help~!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nytengale
post Jun 27 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #88

Citizen

Member No.: 69,719

Envy is my favorite character!!! (if you couldn't already tell) and i have claimed him as my husband!!! (at least around me and my friends XD) anyway, i think his name is william elric....in the first anime anyway. i think its spelled differently, and i'm not positive on his last name, but that's what i remember them saying. of course I've only watched it once.

Envy will rule the world....just putting that out there XD

--------------------
Evny♥ (my husband ^_^)

Envy can only be with myself or Ed, otherwise, I will put you in my Yaoi Note!
The 7 Blue Yaoi Cats of Wall Club OneShots written by myself and the other club members and featuring anime characters from FMA/Naruto/Soul Eater/and many more!
"It's not over until Epic Fail...have you guys won The Game yet?" -Uncle Yo

+Quote Post
Envy's Lady
post Dec 19 2010, 01:22 AM
Post #89

Apprentice

Member No.: 73,733

~ Analyzing Envy., Spoilers if you haven't see all of Brotherhood or read the manga ~

Envy is my favourite character and I thought I'd make a topic for people to just discuss Envy.

Now I know Envy is technically genderless....although I feel that is due to Envy being able to be whatever it wants to be. Since it can be either, it doesn't really have a gender....although I do think the form Envy normally takes on is male....but it's interesting why Envy would want to make itself look so androgynous. I mean why does Envy prefer that form? I feel like it might be because Envy wants everyone to find it beautiful. Both men and women. The form that Envy likes to take on attracts both men and women....girls will find a feminine guy hot and it can confuse straight guys. I know that Envy cares a lot about what people think of it's looks. It hates people seeing it's true form and it hates showing it's large form which it feels is ugly. I think it wants everyone to think very highly of Envy, which includes trying to get all humans to find it beautiful. It wants to be more beautiful than both men and women so it picks a form that can cover both. That is what Envy thinks that least.

Envy's outfit itself is very androgynous. I've perhaps realized this more due to the fact that I cosplay him(I do perfer to call Envy a him than an it even though I know he is genderless). So I paid more attention to Envy's outfit than most people perhaps...since I had to figure out how to make it and all that. And I've noticed that even though Envy's outfit reveals a lot of the body....it seriously covers up the areas that determine gender. The chest area is very well covered. And I'm pretty flat to begin with but I feel like my boobs are even less obvious in that outfit for some reason. Also the shorts/skirt combo....shorts are considered a bit guy-like where as the skirt part is more girly. So it's like male/female combination. So 'it' technically. Not to mention that the skirt makes it so you can't see any 'bulge' in the shorts and the shorts make it so you can't see up the skirt!

I just think it's very interesting.

This is of course all speculation on my part but I'm pretty sure Arakawa probably did all of that intentionally.

Also the location of Envy's Ouroboros mark...it's on Envy's left thigh. I think it is just above the cut off point of where Ed lost his leg. It's very interesting because I think that Ed is the human Envy is most jealous of. That's why Envy called him the 'lowest human'. Envy is the most jealous of Ed. And Envy is always jealous of the strength of humans. He probably envies the fact that Ed can still get up and walk again despite the fact that he lost his leg. Envy can just regenerate a new leg when he loses one....but Ed can't....and yet Ed managed to get past it.

Even back when Envy killed Hughes, there was evidence of him being jealous of humans. I think he would have killed Hughes anyway but when he saw that picture of Hughes with his family, I think Envy was jealous of it...and that is why he turned into Hughes wife to kill him. He was jealous of seeing the bonds humans have with each other. So he wanted to 'destroy' it by making Hughes feel like his wife betrayed him so to speak.

Due to Envy's jealousy of human relationships(meaning that in some ways he wants one) I do actually think Envy could love a human....but it would be a long complicated process that would be unlikely to happen except in specific scenarios. But Envy does have feelings, just like all the homunculi seem to have. I don't know if Envy would ever acknowledge it but he probably could love a human. There is always a thin line between love and hate. Envy does want it. Envy just doesn't want to admit that. I could explain how I think it could happen but I don't know if people want to read that. LOL. It would be a long explanation although I have told a few people about it, all of who agreed that it would be possible.

Anyway, I probably have more I could talk about but I think I'm going to go to bed for now. I hope this forum is still active enough that some people reply. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luxuria-Cat
post Dec 19 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #90

Citizen

Member No.: 75,340

^ Wow, that's a really interesting analysis. I agree with it too, I've always thought that Envy made such an androgynous but cute form so that people would be attracted by looks, possibly to distract himself/itself from his true form and real feelings about himself?
And yeah, I agree that the homunculi could be capable of love...I'm curious about your explanation though. smile.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2016 - 05:04 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css