HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Boys And Girls!, Boys = Toy Cars, Girls = Dolls
Can boys and girls be interested in themes/games that only seem to fit to the opposite sex?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 171
Guests cannot vote 
Le Monkey
post Feb 7 2005, 06:30 AM
Post #16

Major General

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,167

Well this is turning out well, I chose yes.,...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
frostman
post Feb 7 2005, 07:23 AM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 5,461

I chose yes, to smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
MY FORUM COME AND HAVE FUN!!!
My photobucket

Friene To _ Blue Sky
Big Bro To _ HeavensAngel
Big Bro To _ Le Monkey
Big Bro To _ Black Rose
Friend to _ Alchemist X

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Feb 7 2005, 07:39 AM
Post #18

Guests

I've always been tomboyish so I say no.

+Quote Post
Gashole
post Feb 7 2005, 07:43 AM
Post #19

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 685

Did anyone even read the poll question?

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Feb 7 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #20

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I don't get why the heck not. I remember there was a news story on boys who played with 'girly' toys a few years back. There was even a woman who was worried when her son would rather play chef than with his toy trucks.

For pete's sake! Let a four year old pretend to make a friggin omlette without losing sleep over whether it's indicative of his undeveloped sexuality!!! The same mom wasn't worried about her daughter being a lesbian when she started playing with her brother's discarded car toys.

This shouldn't be such a big deal. Let kids play games without turning it into a huge obsessive Freudian medical study and a morality fest.

When I was little, I was both a tomboy and a girly-girl simultaneously. (I'm sort of similar now) I may be biased in that regaurd. I played with a lot of boys, mostly because my mom's friends had more sons, and they'd come to play a lot, so we played a lot of games together; usually huge roleplaying adventures, sometimes with animal toys, boyish things like cars, and girlish things like cooking, dolls and playing house. I don't see the issue, as long as they're getting along, and are generally happy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Feb 7 2005, 02:53 PM
Post #21

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 3,609

I vote Yes! I am interested in a few "girly" things. Man, people were getting on my back here when I told them I watch Sex and the City. I know girls who play Halo and junk sometimes (and no, they are hot!) Cooking is usually considered more of a girl thing but I would put Chef as one of my dream jobs. I say, "Awww" when I see a cute kitty... but it's so cute tongue.gif How can you resist. Yohsi from Mario is also very cute.

But I am not limited to one sexual orientation. I can do a lot of "guy" things too. I just played football in the mud and snow yesterday. I also love Metal Gear Solid and I'm also starting to collect comic books, thanks to Hito dry.gif I am an action game/movie addict. I love the Matrix and Kill Bill.

In conclusion, well rounded people are not limited to one side of the coin. People aren't simple gay/ straight, boy/girl, good/evil. People are more fluid and likely to change. Most people just slap these concrete titles on when they feel fear that they might also be fluid or fear out of unfamiliar. Thank god most of us here are the more "fluid type".

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gashole
post Feb 7 2005, 02:59 PM
Post #22

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 685

It's too bad you're a guy, Slash. Girls have it a lot easier when they're not as feminine as they're supposed to be. biggrin.gif

Ugh, Kill Bill. One sick movie.

+Quote Post
~FMAgurl~
post Feb 7 2005, 03:00 PM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 5,210

there is no such thing as a 'boy' toy or a 'girl' toy...it's just a stereotype, which should be stopped one of these years

As for the pole question, of course i chose yes smile.gif
I use to play with barbies and like to dress up and stuff, but i grew out of that. I'd much rather play sports and video games than paint my nails and do my hair any day! smile.gif Yay for sports!

--------------------

"Stand tall, smile bright, and let 'em wonder what secret's making you laugh." -Angels and Demons

**My sig and avy are NOT my photography**

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Feb 7 2005, 03:04 PM
Post #24

Master Alchemist

@Gastric Bi-Pass Surgery: Hey, you saying I'm feminine? I am, but only to a certain degree. Just because I worship a gay guy doesn't mean anything. tongue.gif (Freddie Mercury of course... and Lenny Kravitz lol)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Feb 7 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #25

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

Lenny Kravitz is gay? o.O Shows how much I follow anything celebrity related.

But, yeah. The whole gay/gender concern thing is out of hand these days. I don't see why parents these days are losing sleep over questioning the sexuality of Spongebob Squarepants. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slashrose1010
post Feb 7 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #26

Master Alchemist

@Jackie Chan: No, Lenny is not gay. I was just kidding and I kinda stole that from the Simpsons tongue.gif

The Sponge Bob thing is just rediculous. I wouldn't even bother listening/watching that garbage. We should be more concerned with the backgrounds and sexual prferences of Catholic Preists... I don't trust my pastor dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bling_bling_Ange...
post Feb 8 2005, 02:11 AM
Post #27

Major General

Member No.: 1,504

God forbid I find any of my future sons playing with Barbies... dry.gif

--------------------

F.L.I.P = F. un/ L. oving/ I. ntelligent/ P. inay

"Vive le Universite du Sto. Thome!" =D Thomasian pride, people!

+Quote Post
Prinz_Zoisit
post Feb 8 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 30

i would try to lead the kinds of games which my *hope* future son would play to a more "guyish" kind.... but other small cutie things wouldn't be forbidden...
the most important thing would be to me that my *children* will love life as a whole and love the interesting things of life...

But of course, you'll never reach(what everyone wants to) to let your child become like you yourself(in your feelings, you actions, your thinking, etc), but you can try lead and influence it... it's poo´ssible^^^^

Girls have it a lot easier when they're not as feminine as they're supposed to be.

ya, that's right^^

--------------------
IPB Image

"Two things fulfill my mind with always new and increasing admiration and reverence the more frequently and continuously i think about it busily:
the sky full of stars above me and the moral law inside of me..." (Immanuel Kant)

+Quote Post
Kihaku
post Feb 8 2005, 05:28 AM
Post #29

Brigadier General

Member No.: 1,360

QUOTE(hidden_death @ Feb 7 2005, 04:54 AM)
my brother likes dolls XD
[snapback]108401[/snapback]

That's so cute! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Slashrose1010 @ Feb 7 2005, 02:53 PM)
I vote Yes! I am interested in a few "girly" things. Man, people were getting on my back here when I told them I watch Sex and the City. I know girls who play Halo and junk sometimes (and no, they are hot!) Cooking is usually considered more of a girl thing but I would put Chef as one of my dream jobs. I say, "Awww" when I see a cute kitty... but it's so cute tongue.gif How can you resist. Yohsi from Mario is also very cute.

In conclusion, well rounded people are not limited to one side of the coin. People aren't simple gay/ straight, boy/girl, good/evil. People are more fluid and likely to change. Most people just slap these concrete titles on when they feel fear that they might also be fluid or fear out of unfamiliar. Thank god most of us here are the more "fluid type".
[snapback]108668[/snapback]

Very well said! biggrin.gif "fluid type" sounds good. wink.gif I like to think of that too.. .
Anyway.. I'm also interested in many things.. I guess more in "girly" stuff than before.. but I really couldn't care less about shopping and clothes and that kind.. Unlike my brother for example, who is more interested in girly stuff than me. I like that kind of. It's cute that he still "likes" Sweet Valley High wink.gif. Also he cooks more than me.. I loath cooking. *sighs* It's not that good for my future...
When we were younger (little kids) we both were into "guy stuff" and I didn't even have any dolls or barbies.. oh yes.. I did I think.. but I didn't really play with them...
I actually even wanted to be a guy (Famous Five influence) and was nearly always mistaken for one. Now... I really hope that doesn't happen. tongue.gif

QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Feb 8 2005, 02:11 AM)
God forbid I find any of my future sons playing with Barbies... dry.gif
[snapback]109025[/snapback]

Hmm... I'd probably be dumping barbies on them... tongue.gif
Nah.. I just kidding.. They can play with whatever the want to play with.. if they don't want the barbie, then they don't want it...
*sighs* If I ever have those future sons...

--------------------
The Delirious Dreamy Airhead
~Queen of Shounen-ai~
An Open-Minded Perv & Member of G.O.O.P
user posted image
Here's the thread for you s-ai/yaoi fans:Shounen-ai Fans Unite!

+Quote Post
Raven
post Feb 8 2005, 05:55 AM
Post #30

Citizen

Member No.: 4,168

I really don't care... But when I was little I played with plastic swords, raced snails, and literally played in the mud. I've never liked makeup or anything else like that, and have always hated pink. Pink has always represented barbies and bimbos for me. And I'd rather fall out of a tree (after having climbed it first wink.gif ) than hang around doing nothing, sharing gossip about who's going out with who.

--------------------
Beauty often comes hand in hand with elegance.
But few realise they are two completely different things.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css