HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is It True That Ed Falls In Love With Winry? Tell us your opinion! (For series final content discussion, make sure to use "Series Final Spoiler Warning" or go to Spoler Zone threads, please) :)
lunneth
post May 9 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #301

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,587

okay can i clear something. rose is like twenty something. we all remember how she was madly in love with some craig dude. her and ed. not happening. besides she would act a bit different to ed after he destroyed the society of her home town. i wouldn't expect her to particulaly enjoy his company after that. now onto winry. we do already have proof about how she ikes him. sh says in one chapter in brigs "why did i fall for someone like you". ed didn't exactly here rthis. plus we know ed acts protective of her (threatning wrath) and plus riza's taunts in chapter 58 were A BIT of a give away. i would say that hiromu is trying to get them together

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tsugumi
post May 11 2009, 06:02 PM
Post #302

Citizen

Member No.: 68,448

Not.

--------------------
desu desu desuuuu~

+Quote Post
Popogeejo
post May 11 2009, 06:24 PM
Post #303

Master Alchemist

Member No.: 31,420

QUOTE (Tsugumi @ May 12 2009, 02:02 AM) *
Not.

Thank you for that dazzling and informative contribution. It's nice that a thread with genuine room for discussion and analysis of characters and their interactions can be so readily boiled down to a one word answer. Are all your thoughts this worthy of sharing?

--------------------

>Click the picture for me gushing over over Summer Wars shenanigans!<
The various works of FKMT are something you should read

+Quote Post
KenRik
post May 15 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #304

Citizen

From: Somewhere where the sky is blue and hearts are one.
Member No.: 68,268

QUOTE (Tsugumi @ May 11 2009, 05:02 PM) *
Not.

Your answer annoyed me. -.- Mainly because it was utterly pointless, but anyways, thanks for contributing your utterly vague opinion about the topic.

Moving on... so... if you look at their relationship in the anime, well I guess you can say that they treat each other more in the terms of whatever way siblings treat each other. Just in their case, kinda more brutally. BUT. In the movie, its shown that they, somewhat, have feelings for each other. But seeing as though there were more important points in the movie, their pairing wasn't shown with more insight other than the part where Ed apparently dreams about her and Al, whispering their names while sleeping. And then, on Winry's behalf, how she constantly carries around that BIG case containing Ed's supposed automail. So there.

Now, the manga is a different story. No joke. I just read the manga, nonstop. O.O It was so ooisjdfDIFFERENTlkjdflj!!! O.O I was totally bewildered. I mean, what the?! How... how is it so far off from the anime?! HOW?! Okay... smile.gif) sorry moving on to the topic at hand...

In the manga, it's shown that whenever people hints about Ed liking/"Loving"-- as Riza once said, he totally loses his mind. Hahah! Its funny..--and weird--... to see his stupid reactions about it! Haha, for those who haven't read the manga, you guys should go on and read it. Anyways, as most... yeah, I think, as most know, it is a fact that in the manga, Winry is in love with Ed though hasn't told him yet. That's all I can share so far. Hope the manga won't end yet.... ..... ..... ...... hopefully. smile.gif)

Anyways, let's just wait for the continuing manga chapters and see where, what I said above, will all end up. biggrin.gif
And if Ed will eventually, with us having some solid fact, love Winry. happy.gif

--------------------

I'll end this fight with one big blow.

+Quote Post
Zazaza
post May 16 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #305

Citizen

Member No.: 67,889

QUOTE (KenRik @ May 16 2009, 09:36 AM) *
In the manga, it's shown that whenever people hints about Ed liking/"Loving"-- as Riza once said, he totally loses his mind. Hahah! Its funny..--and weird--... to see his stupid reactions about it! Haha, for those who haven't read the manga, you guys should go on and read it. Anyways, as most... yeah, I think, as most know, it is a fact that in the manga, Winry is in love with Ed though hasn't told him yet. That's all I can share so far. Hope the manga won't end yet.... ..... ..... ...... hopefully. smile.gif)

One thing I like about this pairing is that there seems to be no need for Winry to agonize over the fact that she has to tell him that she loves him. She realizes it, she goes on with her life, and she treats Ed the same as before. In any other anime, the girl character will be tripping over her shoes everytime she comes near her crush, and will feebly attempt to tell the guy about her feelings. The guy, being utterly naive, will still not get her advances.

With Edwin, Winry doesn't have to do all that. Ed is a typical dense shonen hero, but at least he subconsciously have feelings for her already. They understand each other, and can pick up subtle hints about each other already. For example, chapter 94 had them reunited, but there was no lame confession scene or whatever -- it was all very simple and subtle.

+Quote Post
Kyelinn
post May 16 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #306

Apprentice

Member No.: 67,611

I think the manga has hinted enough that Edward has feelings for Winry. I can't remember the exact chapters, but I remember quite a few scenes. For example, after Ed finds out Bradley's a homunculus, he threatens Winry's life in front of Ed and he goes apesh*t after he tries to give back his watch and renounce his title as state alchemist. Another was when Winry came to Briggs to give him proper automail, she mentions Kimbly, Ed tugs on her hair and tells her to be careful and not trust him. Another was the periodic table scene when he remembers Hawkeye teasing him about loving Winry. Also that scene as well, he spits his drink into Black Hayate's face, gets all embarrassed, freaks out and denies loving her, but admits he'd protect her or whatever. xD Another was Winry suggested they play her off as Scar's hostage and yet again Ed goes berserk at thinking Winry may get hurt. Also her earrings. Ed still has them. He needs to give them back to her, doesn't he? ^_~ He didn't give them back in Chapter 84. You can also tell it hurts him when she cries. He can't stand seeing his girl cry. His expressions show that all in the chapter Winry tries to shoot Scar, the way he tenderly holds her hand. He also promised that the next time she cried would be when he and Al got their bodies back. He'd make Winry so happy that she'd cry. Also the first time Winry confronts Scar after she found out he killed her parents, Ed tries to hold her back and once she's done, he puts his arm protectively around her and threatens Scar once again. And the whole apple pie thing after Hughes' death and the scenes during Chapter 84. xD But yeah...enough of my ramblings. I just thought I'd point out all the hints that Ed loves Winry just as much as she loves him.

--------------------

Siggy set made by me! ^_^

+Quote Post
KenRik
post May 17 2009, 01:16 AM
Post #307

Citizen

From: Somewhere where the sky is blue and hearts are one.
Member No.: 68,268

QUOTE (Zazaza @ May 16 2009, 07:40 AM) *
QUOTE (KenRik @ May 16 2009, 09:36 AM) *

One thing I like about this pairing is that there seems to be no need for Winry to agonize over the fact that she has to tell him that she loves him. She realizes it, she goes on with her life, and she treats Ed the same as before. In any other anime, the girl character will be tripping over her shoes everytime she comes near her crush, and will feebly attempt to tell the guy about her feelings. The guy, being utterly naive, will still not get her advances.

With Edwin, Winry doesn't have to do all that. Ed is a typical dense shonen hero, but at least he subconsciously have feelings for her already. They understand each other, and can pick up subtle hints about each other already. For example, chapter 94 had them reunited, but there was no lame confession scene or whatever -- it was all very simple and subtle.

Yes! Exactly! There was absolutely no awkwardness between them. Life just happens to go on! That's why I love this pairing so much, it isn't the typical stuttering: I-don't-know-how-to-tell-him/her situations. [This goes as well for Roy and Riza.] I even laughed a lot at their reunion on chap. 84.

--------------------

I'll end this fight with one big blow.

+Quote Post
zek2
post Jun 16 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #308

Citizen

Member No.: 69,549

i think ed denies tht he loves winry but he probably does maybe he acts oblivious so tht nobody thinks he likes her

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 16 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #309

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 50,311

I truly believe that Arakawa is going to wrap up there relationship in fluff wrapping paper with an adorable bow on top that will last about 3 pages. XD That's the way she does things, very sweet but since it's a shonen non-reliant on romance story, she keeps the story tight, and slips in the romance in a subtle fashion.
Let's remember that Arakawa is not the type to leave loose ends. Winry loves Edward, as it has been stated, and she's going to somehow round off that part of the story in a way that is going to satisfy us hungry romance-loving fans. smile.gif
Not to mention there are certain parts of the story that need to be brought up again that will bring forth loving EdxWin. Such as:
The Apple Pie
The Joy Crying
The Earrings
And not to mention, the whole Winry loving Ed thing, that's bound to show up sooner or later.
She won't just leave us hangin' with that, dudes. I say, it's gonna happen, so supporters: go get your tissues, and haters: go get your tissues.

P.S.

For any of you RoyxEd supporters out there? As much as I appreciate your creativity and imagination, and despite the fact that I love the quarrels and comedic chemistry of those two, it's not gonna happen. If you want to do your little fanfics and fanarts about it and have fun with it, go ahead. But if you will genuinely be UPSET if they do NOT end up together in the end? Well, you need to know it's not happening. Go read things in the yaoi genre, don't poke around in other stories trying to find it, because it's not there.

Sorry for my rant. sleep.gif

--------------------

Sig set by me. The original art is by BlueMoon.Crystal

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

My Deviantart. :D Check it out, yo.

+Quote Post
kimonodragon88
post Jun 16 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #310

Citizen

Member No.: 65,767

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 16 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I truly believe that Arakawa is going to wrap up there relationship in fluff wrapping paper with an adorable bow on top that will last about 3 pages. XD That's the way she does things, very sweet but since it's a shonen non-reliant on romance story, she keeps the story tight, and slips in the romance in a subtle fashion.
Let's remember that Arakawa is not the type to leave loose ends. Winry loves Edward, as it has been stated, and she's going to somehow round off that part of the story in a way that is going to satisfy us hungry romance-loving fans. smile.gif
Not to mention there are certain parts of the story that need to be brought up again that will bring forth loving EdxWin. Such as:
The Apple Pie
The Joy Crying
The Earrings
And not to mention, the whole Winry loving Ed thing, that's bound to show up sooner or later.
She won't just leave us hangin' with that, dudes. I say, it's gonna happen, so supporters: go get your tissues, and haters: go get your tissues.

Totally agree with you on that one, about Arakawa tying things up at the end. Shonen is more for boys, there's more action and angst than there is fluff and romance, but I love how she ties these 2 childhood friends together with understanding and their unity. She's subtle with it, but you can tell it's there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forlong
post Jun 17 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #311

Citizen

Member No.: 69,212

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ May 11 2009, 09:24 PM) *
QUOTE (Tsugumi @ May 12 2009, 02:02 AM) *
Not.

Thank you for that dazzling and informative contribution. It's nice that a thread with genuine room for discussion and analysis of characters and their interactions can be so readily boiled down to a one word answer. Are all your thoughts this worthy of sharing?

Excellent burn!

My oppinion on the matter is expressed in my signature. But why leave it at that? I can prove they're crazy about each other.

Okay, we'll start with Winry's first appearance in chapter 9. She introduced by throwing a wrench at Ed and yelling at him for not calling. What an introduction. She then immediately laughs and smiles. Oh great, another Tsundere.

Then she yells at him for busting up her best work and putting himself in danger. You know what? I should use hyperlinks to make this easier. Anyway, do they look anything like a bickering married couple in this scene?

She then pokes fun at Ed's height. Nothing big there, everyone does that. The next moment is more significant. Ed apologizes for making Winry work so much. The sweet momment is broken down by comedy, just like in real life! And what do they do once the Automail is finished? ARGUE!

And do even need to talk about this moment? And after it she says "[Ed] is just acting tough." and with a smile on her face. I guess she likes how tough he is. And she wakes up just to say goodbye.

And that's just Winry's first chapter! Do we even need to debate this?

--------------------

Also, check out this thread concerning the book I'm writing.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 17 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #312

State Alchemist (Major)

I agree with you Forlong. Winry was definatly introduced as Edward's love interest. I mean, he didn't really show any previous attraction to girls (Well, not obviously. He didn't blush, that is.) before Winry showed up. It's arguable that Rose was his first girl of the series... but... manga wise? I mean... it's a stretch. She doesn't really show up again until the late LATE chapters... and, again, that was just sorta a plot device for Edward and WINRY'S relationship... (hate to say it EdxRose fans, but behold:
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/80/35/ )
I mean... I really think that Rose and Edward were closer to having a canon relationship in the first anime series... because... well... it was HALF-cannon. In the first anime series Edward and Winry wasn't even half-cannon, they just slipped a bunch of hints throughout the series and then shoved Rose on to the situation. Seriously it was like, "Why is she here again? WTF?" And then they just cut EdxRose completely out of the story like some kind of grotesque tumour when Noah popped up in the movie with enough angst for the both of them! Seriously! Pick a freakin' girl! It's enough that he gets another love interest every freakin' game, he doesn't need to have this many girls fighting over him! ....*just got an idea for a fan art*
Anyway sorry for the rant (once I start typing, I just can't stop... dry.gif) in a word, "yes." Yes Edward does love Winry, because the manga isn't @$$ retarded and A.D.D.

--------------------

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."
-Martha Washington

+Quote Post
lunneth
post Jun 18 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #313

Alchemists

Member No.: 43,587

(fascinated whistle) wow hagaren 4ever. that was alot. thanks for clearing this up. i think this should have more discussion around it. i never realised that bit in that chapter either (the bit where rose says "your ed's"(gets cut off by winry) "old friend" (emphasis on the evasive action)) well if thats any new info

--------------------

persona rp: [url="http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12717"]
thankyou Arakawa sensei for the 9 years of awsome story lines, characters and plot twists that became Fullmetal Alchemist. it's been one hell of a ride :3

+Quote Post
Forlong
post Jun 18 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #314

Citizen

Member No.: 69,212

QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Jun 17 2009, 07:56 PM) *
I agree with you Forlong. Winry was definatly introduced as Edward's love interest. I mean, he didn't really show any previous attraction to girls (Well, not obviously. He didn't blush, that is.) before Winry showed up. It's arguable that Rose was his first girl of the series... but... manga wise? I mean... it's a stretch. She doesn't really show up again until the late LATE chapters... and, again, that was just sorta a plot device for Edward and WINRY'S relationship... (hate to say it EdxRose fans, but behold:
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/80/35/ )
I mean... I really think that Rose and Edward were closer to having a canon relationship in the first anime series... because... well... it was HALF-cannon. In the first anime series Edward and Winry wasn't even half-cannon, they just slipped a bunch of hints throughout the series and then shoved Rose on to the situation. Seriously it was like, "Why is she here again? WTF?" And then they just cut EdxRose completely out of the story like some kind of grotesque tumour when Noah popped up in the movie with enough angst for the both of them! Seriously! Pick a freakin' girl! It's enough that he gets another love interest every freakin' game, he doesn't need to have this many girls fighting over him! ....*just got an idea for a fan art*
Anyway sorry for the rant (once I start typing, I just can't stop... dry.gif) in a word, "yes." Yes Edward does love Winry, because the manga isn't @$$ retarded and A.D.D.

Well put. Don't worry about ranting, I rant too. Are you going to draw the fan-art idea you just got? I'd like to see it, when you finish.

--------------------

Also, check out this thread concerning the book I'm writing.

+Quote Post
Hagaren_4ever
post Jun 18 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #315

State Alchemist (Major)

QUOTE (Forlong @ Jun 18 2009, 03:55 PM) *
Well put. Don't worry about ranting, I rant too. Are you going to draw the fan-art idea you just got? I'd like to see it, when you finish.

Indeed I will. I'll put it up on this thread in... tomorrow. Yeah. Tomorrow.

--------------------

-Martha Washington

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th June 2016 - 01:52 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css