HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is It True That Ed Falls In Love With Winry? Tell us your opinion! (For series final content discussion, make sure to use "Series Final Spoiler Warning" or go to Spoler Zone threads, please) :)
Ailuro
post Feb 5 2005, 02:15 AM
Post #16

Moderator Emeritus

Group: Members
Member No.: 665

Actually, you're probably right. XD

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ἀρχή
post Feb 5 2005, 05:51 AM
Post #17

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,228

To be honest, Ed's a loser when it comes to girls dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
sumflip
post Feb 5 2005, 02:44 PM
Post #18

Citizen

Member No.: 6,633

I don't know if Winry actually has a crush on Ed or is in love with him or whatever...or just cares for him like family..but did anyone notice in episode 27 (titled "Teacher") the episode in which Ed and Al's Sensei finds them, that when Ed and Winry are in that one room alone together, she starts to talk about how she would be with Ed forever and she will build better automail for him and repair it and do whatever he needs so he shouldn't go off with Al to find the philosophers stone (spelling?). Is this an indication of Love (bf/gf) or Love (family)?

--------------------
user posted image
Life is but a dream...

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Feb 5 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #19

Moderator Emeritus

Hm, I dunno. She seems to go more out of her way for Ed than for Al. Wouldn't she put forth equal effort for both if she thought of them as brothers? Personally, I think Winry likes Ed as something other than a brother.

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
MasterVash
post Feb 5 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #20

Citizen

Member No.: 6,174

Actually this question keeps poping to my mind everytime I saw Ed & Winry toguether...Although I'd like to see some relanshionship between them(I've only watched the series on fansub 'till ep 24) I'm not sure at all it would happen.Ed is shy as any guy of is age would be, but I don't think he notices the feelings she has for him...then again he sometimes seems to like her...(but only a little, not too much I think).I must be wrong but didn't Hughes say to Winry in ep24 "There's no present that can beat your smile?"
This could be nothing but then again he must've noticed that there's something more to those 2 than "Brotherly love" happy.gif
*sigh
I want too see more fullmetal!

--------------------
Fullmetal Alchemist - What are you willing to sacrifice?

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Feb 5 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #21

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

i thinks its pretty evident that winry loves ed in a romantic way, however i'm still sticking with my standpoint that ed doesn't love her in the same way.

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
sumflip
post Feb 5 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #22

Citizen

Oh yes, I also remember an episode (forgive me, i can't remember which episode, but I think it's when Ed and Al break into the 5th lab and Al is worried about his memories..whether they're real or not...or at least an episode after that...) where Al says to Ed "...and remember how we were alwayse fighting over who would get to marry Winry?" (or something along those lines..)...I guess that shows that at one point Ed did have a crush on Winry...maybe still does? o.o

--------------------
user posted image
Life is but a dream...

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Feb 5 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #23

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

but they are refering to the fight flashbacks of when they were at most 5-6 years old. the opinions of children at that age don't count...

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Fullmetal Fangir...
post Feb 5 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 6,336

"To be honest, Ed's a loser when it comes to girls dry.gif "

maybe...actually, thats true...i think thr just friends. you'd even think they were bros and sis'

--------------------
Currently empty because of Fullmetal Fangirls lazy-ness. She is currently in "stage" of lazy-ness.

No release date for a new signature yet. Please standby.

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 6 2005, 05:34 AM
Post #25

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

My my this is turning into an interesting topic isn't it. Some people have picked out things that even I didn't notice and I look out for them.

So I'm going to throw this in. Anybody follow (or once followed) the Misty/Ash relationship. Did he only love her as a friend/sister and such? Well I did and it drove me mad. This is pretty much the same.

I think Ed is just a bit clueless. When Winry is having an outburst of emotion he always looks surprised. Like when she thinks Mustang is about to attack Ed and Al she screams for him to stop. Then Ed goes 'Winry?'. It's as if he didn't expect her to care. Silly boy.

(Sorry to go on). And the last time you see them together they both blushed a little (mainly Winry) as she braided his hair. See...it's love lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kast
post Feb 6 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #26

Citizen

Member No.: 7,003

I'm gonna have to side with Chiyo on this one. I mean, it is obvious they care about each other, and this kinda "clueless boy meets loving girl" relationship has existed since television and movies came to be (heck even early literature). If it isn't blatantly obvious they care for each other more than just bro/sis then I don't know what is. Hopefully if the movie turns out to be a post series (god willing) we may see the relationship deepen. I mean, its the ideal love scene, Winly looking up to see a figure (Ed) walking down the road, the sun setting behind him. He finally reaches her, she gasps, runs into his arms crying saying how much she missed him, then the kiss...blah blah blah...formula = cash... cool.gif . Not that I'd have anything against seeing that (big WinlyxEd fan).

+Quote Post
ed's secret ...
post Feb 6 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #27

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,674

HUGE WINRY ED FAN.

I'd love that as well.

Winry seems to talk more to Ed than Al and you can see she really cares for both
but really likes Ed more than a brother. In the manga, it's more evident that they
like each other, but the anime doesn't really have that. In ep.9 Ed wishes Winry
would care more for his human parts, than his metal ones. Al comes up and says she does. That kinda signifies somthing... Don't it? biggrin.gif

:wub:UNSEEN ROMANCE:wub:

smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Feb 6 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #28

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(Kast @ Feb 6 2005, 08:40 PM)
I'm gonna have to side with Chiyo on this one. I mean, it is obvious they care about each other, and this kinda "clueless boy meets loving girl" relationship has existed since television and movies came to be (heck even early literature). If it isn't blatantly obvious they care for each other more than just bro/sis then I don't know what is. Hopefully if the movie turns out to be a post series (god willing) we may see the relationship deepen. I mean, its the ideal love scene, Winly looking up to see a figure (Ed) walking down the road, the sun setting behind him. He finally reaches her, she gasps, runs into his arms crying saying how much she missed him, then the kiss...blah blah blah...formula = cash... cool.gif . Not that I'd have anything against seeing that (big WinlyxEd fan).
[snapback]107871[/snapback]

*gets all starry eyed and tearful* I can picture it now...beautiful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ailuro
post Feb 6 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #29

Moderator Emeritus

Wow. I'm starting to really like y'all. >>

--------------------
- Ailuro "Deshi" Oz
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
sumflip
post Feb 6 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #30

Citizen

QUOTE(Kast @ Feb 6 2005, 12:40 PM)
[snapback]107871[/snapback]

That would be great ^^...I also am a big WinryxEd fan.

--------------------
user posted image
Life is but a dream...

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2016 - 07:05 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css