HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
FMA Manga Or Fma Anime (first Series) ?, Which do you prefer?
Rating 5 V
Which do you prefer, Manga or Anime?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 472
Guests cannot vote 
TrueAlchemist
post Aug 4 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #16

Alchemists

Group: Members
Member No.: 337

I cannot decide.
I will choose both, if there is a choice.

Unlike Samurai Deep Kyo, FMA anime has a great story line even though it chose the different path from the manga. Unfortunately, there is many holes in the story, but I still cannot wait for ep44. I think the story became some what really bigger in depth because there might be a super natural force that controls homuculii. But, it is not confirmed yet because no one knows who the evil dude is.

Manga is great. the story is getting wider unlike anime.
In manga, we know that evil dude is some super alchemist. Hopefully, it is not Al and Ed's father. So, evil guy is at least human. And, now there are alchemists and some fighting forces from east.

I really cannot wait for both anime an manga.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
~Crystal_Starz~
post Aug 4 2004, 09:17 PM
Post #17

Citizen

Member No.: 365

Manga all the way... the plot is so much better and more mysterious... the anime has completely ditched the storyline...

+Quote Post
Chibi Viki
post Aug 5 2004, 07:10 AM
Post #18

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 32

QUOTE(TrueAlchemist @ Aug 5 2004, 04:16 AM)
In manga, we know that evil dude is some super alchemist.  Hopefully, it is not Al and Ed's father.  So, evil guy is at least human.  And, now there are alchemists and some fighting forces from east. 

i really think that it IS Hohenheim. but you have to question what that contraption he was 'plugged-into' was...

hehe, those guys from the east, Ling and his guardians, plus that kid Mei...

--------------------
- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Kasumi
post Aug 5 2004, 07:21 AM
Post #19

Brigadier General

Member No.: 135

I think that's Hohenheim too...The impression that I got after reading the Perfect Guide Book, I wouldn't exactly consider him 'human.' If anybody wants me to translate the little passage on 'Father' aka the 'bad guy' then tell me.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
RoyxRiza BigFan
post Aug 5 2004, 10:07 AM
Post #20

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 12

omakase: yeah i am more neutral, both anime and manga has its strong distinct points to me

--------------------
God is Good and this is why *U*

user posted image

+Quote Post
TrueAlchemist
post Aug 5 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #21

Alchemists

It might be HoenHeim, but doesn't that makes Homuculi as Ed and Al's brother?
I mean they are created by the same person. Ed and Al are created by natural way. laugh.gif
, but the others are not Hoenheim's children, but they are still created by him.

I personally do not think Hoenheim as an evil dude.
If he is, why does he plan to make Eric brothers as incomplete stone?
And, I think he is plugged into some device. How can he marry and have children if he stuck in the basement?

But, we cannot ignor the fact that he looks like Hoenheim from the anime.
And, one more thing, I remember, Eric brothers went Dublith to visit Izumi, and Izumi said, she met their father at the central. And, Hohenheim has some clues for the P. stone. I do not know what is going on, but there is posibility that Hohenheim is evil dude because if he is that talented, Homuculus should have used him for making the stone. He is still alive and lives in Central. It might be definite clue that Hoenheim is evil dude.

But, I still do not want to see Hoenheim as evil dude.
It is too much for Ed and Al. Ed might be happy to kick his ass.
smile.gif

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Aug 6 2004, 07:08 AM
Post #22

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 330

OK, new results.

Poll: Manga or Anime

Manga:
Anime: 2
Undecided: 5

happy.gif;; I completely forgot to add my own answer, so that's why there are 5 Undecided now. Originally I wanted to vote for the manga, since you have to admit; characters, events, story-line... But than I got caught by the voice-work, additional scenes and different timeline. It's actually like a whole different take on the original work and I kinda like it. Not to mention Greed's death being more dramatic in the anime. happy.gif;; Just my opinion. So, yeah, I'm undecided. Maybe after I've seen the finished works of both anime and manga I'll have a clearer answer.

i really think that it IS Hohenheim. but you have to question what that contraption he was 'plugged-into' was...

Hmm, maybe Hohenheim experimented with the Human Transformation himself and got a bit carried away? No wonder he didn't come home being confined like that! tongue.gif

--------------------
:: King of Shonen-ai ::
:: - Sister to Prinz_Zoisit ::

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_*
post Aug 6 2004, 07:59 AM
Post #23

Guests

If you want the finished work of the manga, you would have to wait for 3,4 more years...

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Aug 6 2004, 08:05 AM
Post #24

Moderator Emeritus

If you want the finished work of the manga, you would have to wait for 3,4 more years...

dry.gif Life sucks sometimes...

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
TrueAlchemist
post Aug 6 2004, 09:01 AM
Post #25

Alchemists

If manga is in weekly manga magazine, we, fans will be happy, but it is monthly.
So, it will be like Tenjo Tenge.
I think Manga section will be busy after the anime season is over.

+Quote Post
hakai-kun
post Aug 6 2004, 10:25 PM
Post #26

Apprentice

Member No.: 376

manga. definetly.
although i like the anime too. great VAs and music, etc. but i like the manga better, hands down. the character development and such is better. and it seems to flow better. As for hughes death. i think it was more touching in the manga. however, if the anime had followed the manga exactly like a storyboard, it would have been an *awesome* scene! what with the VAs and music and such. But yea... i like the manga better. The character personalites are slightly better in it too. They seem a little indecisive/confused in the anime. [not sure if that was the right word XD]

As for Hoenheim... yea, i kinda wondered if that was him too. that time with... greed i think? i don't remember. it's been awhile... XD i should buy the manga, but i'm a bit broke... ^^;
btw, why are manga so expensive in america? it's more than twice as much as the japanese ones...

-Hakai

--------------------
~Dubbed the Queen of HagaRen Shounen-ai by Kase o.O
~Visit my manga circle: THANKS!
~Mary-Sues scare me >.<
~Avatar: idea © Hakai-kun, made by Lie-chan
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Cherry_*
post Aug 7 2004, 12:27 AM
Post #27

Guests

I WILL answer this when I watch at least some of the anime, which will probably be next week. I just can't help but comment on interesting conversations.

Usually, I always prefer the manga to the anime in any case, and that will probably aply to FMA as well. From what I hear, the two have completely different stories, right? Usually when that happens, the manga tends to be better, but I won't judge yet although I've seen it happen with pleanty of other series. (So don't count me in the poll)

Now I think I'll throw out some abstract thoughts on the subject of the manga "evil dude." XD First of all, the chances of it being Hoenheim are slim to none. If this person created the homunculi, how old do you think he is? We all know Greed is several hundred, and that speaks for itself. That could also maybe explain the machine? Maybe it's what keeps him alive for so long since I have a feeling he IS (or was) human to an extent...

Following that train of thought, he could be related to the Elrics, say maybe an ancestor? Maybe the real Hoenheim was studying alchemy to a level where he found out about the homunculi and went to investigate because he knew something, thus leaving his family behind? Like I said, these are really abstract thoughts.

...And in the manga, we really never found out much about Hoenheim. Well, other than the fact that he left and Ed hates him and that he studied alchemy, we really can't judge his true nature. Maybe he's a good guy? Maybe he's one of the homunculi? Maybe he's dead and Izumi saw Envy in disguise?

...Eh... Sorry, I think too much. >.> This is the sort of stuff that pops into my head at 3 in the morning.

+Quote Post
Omakase Shimasu
post Aug 8 2004, 10:52 AM
Post #28

Moderator Emeritus

Interesting thoughts. You know, for 3 in the morning. biggrin.gif

Ummm, I wanted to add something but my memory's turned to mush... soooo hooooot~ *Kase-puddle*

--------------------

- Moderator Emeritus -

+Quote Post
Vael
post Aug 8 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #29

Alchemists

Member No.: 198

Hrm. I would have to say I like the anime better.

Generally, I've never been that much into graphic novels and manga. I love reading, and I love pictures, but I don't love reading+pictures. The voiceacting in the anime (especially Ed and Al) is absolutely terrific, as well as the perfectly timed music, and excellent animation. Yes, the manga and anime storylines are completely different, but personally I prefer it that way. I would think that it would be boring to read a manga, and keep up with an anime that describes the exact same events and such... Yeah, I don't like the little bit of nonsensical plot developments in the anime, but the shortcoming is well covered.

I also like how the homunculus are created better in the anime than I do the manga, but the choices for homunculus were slightly.. skewed.

But, really, the only manga that I absolutely thoroughly enjoy reading and will never stop reading is Blade of the Immortal.

--------------------
"May be innocent, may be sweet, but not half as nice as rotting meat..." -Blix, Legend

"Alles, was ich glaubte
was mir meine Hoffnung gab
ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als - für mich - die Liebe starb

Mein Glaube an die Liebe
das es Sie jemals gab
Ging mit Dir an diesem Tage
Als für mich die Liebe starb..."
-L'Ame Immortelle, Tiefster Winter

+Quote Post
TrueAlchemist
post Aug 8 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #30

Alchemists

Blade of Immortal, Nice one.
How many volumes did you read?

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Copyright ©2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css