Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
More About The Ending, It is not that bright as portrayed
Guest_Gotu_*
post Mar 22 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #31

Guests

ok firsst id like to saay that the ending wass nott a bad ending. i think the makers WANTED people to get pissed at the ending cause it was a total cliff hanger and it had endless possiblities. Also by looking at a few pictures, i dont kno if there true or not, i have seen that Ed does NOT have his auto-mail parts anymore but instead artificial limbs (im not sure if this is true but i HAVE seen pictures regarding to the movie). It is ALSO confirmed that Ed will meet his REAL brother Al cause all we kno right now that Ed is going to meet a look alike of Al who happens to have the same name as his kid brother. As for a continuation series, there is still a possibility that the movie wont end the whole series so there might be a chance Ed can go exploring and whatnot. I, per say, love this series alot and i wouldnt mind if they continue it at all. I kno most of u are disagreeing this to cause a series CAN be ruined by continuing. (E.g Dragonball GT) but it all it needs is the right push, the same voice speakers, the same writers, and if were lucky a whole new adventure. Thats all i can think of rightt noww
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kaskas
post Mar 25 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #32

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,116

Well i think that FMA could continue for a bunch of episodes after the movie if needed, there are many open paths for the history, i think a film could not cover all. We all know what the main plot is, but there are so many things that are unclear, what had really happened to Dante, Roy, Gluttony, Wrath and Envy???

+Quote Post
Convict725
post Mar 26 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #33

Citizen

Member No.: 10,474

This is a question that's been bothering me for a while, If Al's memories end at the moment they tried to transmute their mom, then why does he ask Izumi for training? Essentially, wouldn't he have already finished training (with her) in order to bring back the mom.

As a side note, everyone remembers the last four years: Al's a pretty observant kid, doesn't he wonder why Winry is so much older? Or who Roze is?

Someone must also slip at some point and mention those years, Wouldn't it be weird for people to tell you that you have lived four years that you don't know about? blink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Kao_*
post Mar 26 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE(Convict725 @ Mar 26 2005, 12:03 PM)
This is a question that's been bothering me for a while, If Al's memories end at the moment they tried to transmute their mom, then why does he ask Izumi for training? Essentially, wouldn't he have already finished training (with her) in order to bring back the mom.

As a side note, everyone remembers the last four years: Al's a pretty observant kid, doesn't he wonder why Winry is so much older? Or who Roze is?

Someone must also slip at some point and mention those years, Wouldn't it be weird for    people to tell you that you have lived four years that you don't know about? blink.gif
[snapback]139614[/snapback]

Al doesn't remember because he sacraficed his memories of the last four years when he was in armour. Since he doesn't have a physical brain to store these memories in. And i'm pretty sure they told him the story of the 4 years of his life. :3

+Quote Post
Digitalgirl
post Mar 26 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #35

Citizen

Member No.: 10,483

well, the last episode kinda hints that Al knew wat happened....
and it was Ed who sacrificed his memories....oddly enough, Ed seems to remember exactly what happened those 4 years [besides, he is 18....Al is back to being 10...wait, he could be 12 since it's been two years...*hmm*]

+Quote Post
hitokiri
post Mar 27 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #36

Brigadier General

Member No.: 650

no, al loses his memories... but it wasn't planned. like many times before when human transumation is done, something unexpected happened. basically the gate/god/al sharpton/whoever decided that the trade of ed's soul for al's life wasn't kosher. so the trade was turned into ed's arm (and presumably his leg), his body (the one on the amestris side of the gate) , and al's memories..

listen to what hohenheim tells ed when he leaves for transylvania..

--------------------
peace,

hitokiri

------------------------------------------------------------
"argh...my neck is one gargantuan monkey fist..."
- J. Peterman -

+Quote Post
Ravashi
post Apr 3 2005, 12:15 PM
Post #37

Citizen

Member No.: 10,978

Ed indeed sacrifices his arm (maybe also his leg) and Al's memories.
Out of what Honenheim tells Ed, it make sense that instead of Ed dying Al's memories where lost...but...
When Al went into the gate wasn't he 10?? Wouldn't it make more sense that he just came out...his body I mean...and his memories of those 4 years where sacrificed...oke I'm confusing meself now...

Anyhow it's only logic they must have filled him in on what has happend...because of the obvious that Winry is way older...but, then why does Al think he can get his brother back through Alchemy...does he think that he can find a way to open the gate and get to Ed? or Ed to him?

And that Ed wants to go to the stars isn't really onlogical...I mean in that time, they didn't know what was out there...

Also about Ed's age...I mean at the end it's 1921 where he is, did he get there at the age of 16, or did he age...and then he would be 22...I think when he leaves (to go to Transsylvania) he must be in that world a bit longer...seeing that he knows a lot of things.
So for my theorie he must have been there for quiet some time...a year perhapes? I wouldn't know...

I think I'll just wait for the movie...'cause geez this is confusing...

+Quote Post
Edo-mame
post Apr 3 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #38

Apprentice

Member No.: 9,481

Err... no. When Edo left his world he was 16. When he arrives in "our world" the year is 1921 he is still 16 assuming that he doesn't decide to bring up the thing with transmutating Al years after actually doing it (wouldn't make sense to tell your old man something like that after years of hiding it would it?). We know for sure that the movie is 2 years after the ending and I'm pretty sure that I read he is 18 in the movie.

In the end, Edo says something about ether... what exactly does that have to do with going back and alchemy(I may not have been paying attention when the explanation of ether's importance was mentioned)???? But whats even more weird is that in the newest trailer, theres the line

"And... can the alchemy of the 2 save the world?Fullmetal Alchemist the movie; Conqueror of Shambala"(taken from the site's main page).

It looks like the world(or worlds?) is in trouble again but who are the 2 with the alchemy? We know that Al is probably one of the 2 but Edo is in a world where alchemy hasn't been invented... What does this mean?

--------------------
[center]
user posted image
[/center]

+Quote Post
Ravashi
post Apr 3 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #39

Citizen

QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Apr 3 2005, 10:44 PM)
Err... no. When Edo left his world he was 16. When he arrives in "our world" the year is 1921 he is still 16 assuming that he doesn't decide to bring up the thing with transmutating Al years after actually doing it (wouldn't make sense to tell your old man something like that after years of hiding it would it?). We know for sure that the movie is 2 years after the ending and I'm pretty sure that I read he is 18 in the movie.
[snapback]146206[/snapback]

Ooh right that makes sense!! then how did it become 1921 there...ehm...that would mean the time doesn't flow equally? That would bring complications...I guess...

+Quote Post
The Colonel'...
post Apr 3 2005, 03:45 PM
Post #40

Citizen

Member No.: 10,937

QUOTE(Ravashi @ Apr 3 2005, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE(Edo-mame @ Apr 3 2005, 10:44 PM)
[snapback]146206[/snapback]

Ooh right that makes sense!! then how did it become 1921 there...ehm...that would mean the time doesn't flow equally? That would bring complications...I guess...
[snapback]146208[/snapback]

That would bring some complications. And Edo is 18 in the movie. I haven't officially watched the last episode, but a friend of mine has told me how it ends and the one thing that I hate about the ending is Maes's death! How could they take off the most sarcastic character ever?! But I have a feeling that he may be in the movie.

--------------------
IPB Image
Forum Fam
Sisters: MustEd4ever, FMAgurl, ~.:Anime_Gal:.~, *fulli_silk_alchemist
If I left anyone out of my fam, let me know...or if you memorized my fam, let me know who I left out. Thanks.

*Thanks ~.:Anime_Gal:.~ for reminding me!!

+Quote Post
ScarredSweethear...
post Apr 3 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #41

Citizen

Member No.: 10,669

Wasn't it in 1911 or 1910 that they attemted to resurrect their mom? so add 4 years. . . maybe time doesn't flow at the same rate in both worlds. And Maes might appear as a double, like Alphonse is a double of Al

+Quote Post
Ravashi
post Apr 3 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #42

Citizen

Yeah...I think it's not the same rate...
And Maes doesn't die in the final episode...so who are you talking about The Colonel's Girl??

+Quote Post
The Colonel'...
post Apr 3 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #43

Citizen

QUOTE(ScarredSweetheart @ Apr 3 2005, 04:47 PM)
Wasn't  it in 1911 or 1910 that they attemted to resurrect their mom? so add 4 years. . . maybe time doesn't flow at the same rate in both worlds. And Maes might appear as a double, like Alphonse is a double of Al
[snapback]146288[/snapback]

Dear, have you forgotten when she-who-shall-not-be-named opened your dear Edo's pocket watch and saw the date 3 Oct 10, or something like that, and you got all 'That's the wrong date! It's 11 Oct 10!' So dear, it is 1910.I even have proof if you don't believe me. And they'd better have Hughes if they have a Glacier double, or this perosn will go on a mass killing spree and threaten the movie makers to remake the movie.

--------------------
IPB Image
Forum Fam
If I left anyone out of my fam, let me know...or if you memorized my fam, let me know who I left out. Thanks.

+Quote Post
The Colonel'...
post Apr 3 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #44

Citizen

QUOTE(Ravashi @ Apr 3 2005, 04:55 PM)
Yeah...I think it's not the same rate...
And Maes doesn't die in the final episode...so who are you talking about The Colonel's Girl??
[snapback]146302[/snapback]

What I'm saying is that they should have kept him in the final episodes instead of having him killed, that's all.

--------------------
IPB Image
Forum Fam

+Quote Post
ScarredSweethear...
post Apr 3 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #45

Citizen

Member No.: 10,669

Okay, calm down I was just woundering if that was the year their mom died, or the year they riend to resurrect her. And I think you mean that they better have a Roy double. Else you'll go bananas and kill me in the theatre.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2016 - 12:54 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css