Reply to this topicStart new topic
Izumi Fans!, Thread for all Izumi fans!
Goha
post Jan 22 2005, 08:12 AM
Post #16

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,259

QUOTE(Bling_bling_Angel @ Jan 22 2005, 12:20 AM)
Offtopic: it showed a naked woman, hello? I'm not gay... dry.gif

I see that You're not getting my point. You know, why I created this topic? Maybe my English isn't good enough, but I'll try to explain.
Yeah, there was a naked woman on my first sig. Woman named Motoko Kusanagi. Woman, that i worship for her strong will and personality. Since I remember, I always wanted to be alike. But since I'm still weak and immature I just can watch her image in anime. mellow.gif
Izumi is similiar to her: a woman, that was so strong to touch the verge of humanity, knowing, that there is a price she'll have to pay. A wery high price. I admire her for this strenght. I admire her for the will to live further with her indelible sin.

And why naked?... Hey, I can prove You, that I'm 100% hetero. I'm a girl! I'm almost 22! I know the meaning of beauty! Especially woman's body beauty. Every girl should feel it, when trying to fit some clothes or make-up, etc... I think You understand me, girls...
And yeah, Izumi's dreads are cool too!

--------------------
user posted image
Should I stop drawing? See here... Gallery
Girls and guns? Blame it on Shirow :) MK 23 RLZ
See You on Lineage 2!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sevter
post Jan 22 2005, 08:23 AM
Post #17

Apprentice

Member No.: 1,174

Izumi Sensei is teh cool. tongue.gif

Seriously, she kicks ass. We know that Ed and Al is very good in self-defense but Izumi is even better than them *goggles* plus I think that she can really intimidate people. Roy vs Izumi anyone? laugh.gif

Izumi is a sort of mother figure to Ed and Al, we can really see that she cares for them in her own way. Ed needs this constantcy in his life. He needs someone to discipline him in a parental way. In a way, I think that quarrels soothes Ed. Ed fought/quarrel with Al when he was young, he quarrels with Izumi and he also quarrels with Roy. These are people whom he is really comfortable with (let's not forget Pinako and Winry too).

Who doesn't look re-read the parts where Ed and Al looked really really scared and claimed that they are "going to be killed". Those are really funny scenes. Also, you can't dismiss the Greed vs Izumi scene. She shows strength in that one. Even Greed proclaims his admiration for her. She rocks!

--------------------
"We're from the same mold and that is a sexy, sexy mold" ~ Roy speaking to Masuta in The Alter Series

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Jan 22 2005, 09:58 AM
Post #18

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 3,284

I'm not gay either, but a naked woman dosen't bother me at all.

Besides, she is very pretty. I just don't think it's the kind of image that'd be appreciated in a public forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kitsune911
post Feb 21 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #19

Citizen

Member No.: 6,750

i was confused about whether they were dreads too because my hair is like hers but shorter. i will be so disappointed if they rnt locks.

--------------------
Gotta Keep It Together

+Quote Post
Envy's lil...
post Feb 21 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #20

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 7,890

I love me some Izumi! She kicks so much ass, she's a great character.

I love how when Ed and Al are on the train going to see her, they're all chipper until the realize the asskicking they are going to get once she finds out about their human transmutation and suddenly they start to fear for their lives and Al says. "I never got to have a girlfriend." Or something to that effect. Too funny.

Also her relationship with her husband is so sweet.

+Quote Post
Red Shadow
post Mar 5 2005, 06:16 PM
Post #21

Citizen

Member No.: 9,073

Yes, Izumi-sensei kicks ass! I absolutely love how she tells Greed, complete with flashing thunder and lightning, that "I'm a housewife!" after she had trashed his goons. I don't really think she's a mother figure to the boys, but she does have a strong teacher/student relationship with the boys and she cares for them a lot. The reason I say she's not a mother figure is because that Ed and Al would never let anyone replace their mother, even if she looked exactly like them. (Whistles knowingly)

--------------------
We're not demons and we're definitely not gods. We're just humans, tiny insignificant humans.
-Edward Elric
http://www.fanfiction.net/~henrika

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Mar 5 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #22

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

QUOTE(Goha @ Jan 22 2005, 03:12 PM)

Izumi is similiar to her: a woman, that was so strong to touch the verge of humanity, knowing, that there is a price she'll have to pay. A wery high price. I admire her for this strenght. I admire her for the will to live further with her indelible sin.

[snapback]94188[/snapback]

Well we see Izumi naked as well don't we?

She is a great character. Strong and unwilling to let her past destroy her (even with the missing insides).

I think it was agreat scene when she beat Ed and Al up, the hugged them like a mother would. She is the kind of mother they need.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoMXD
post Mar 5 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #23

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 5,413

I like Izumi Sensei . she underatands how ed and al feel about the whole mess . plus the dread locks really work on her smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Queen of the dam...
post Mar 5 2005, 09:50 PM
Post #24

State Alchemist (Lt. Colonel)

Member No.: 511

[Out of topic] Have you noticed how Izumi resembles Roy a lot? If you swap their hair you wouldn't know the difference!! laugh.gif (maybe they're siblings tongue.gif )[/Out of topic]I think Izumi kicks so much ass!!!! biggrin.gif I think she's a mentor to all strong women like us ou there!!!!

--------------------
We live and then we die. This in inevitable. What you do when you live is up to you.

+Quote Post
Blackwings
post Mar 5 2005, 10:05 PM
Post #25

Apprentice

Member No.: 8,526

Id say she is awsomely cool as! very hot tempred and stuff but still cool

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Mar 6 2005, 10:52 AM
Post #26

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

She's one one my favorite character happy.gif I like her a lot, she's the kind of female character I love. Strong, violent, but mature and understanding (sometimes).

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 6 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #27

Gallery Mod Emeritus

QUOTE(Red Shadow @ Mar 5 2005, 06:16 PM)
I absolutely love how she tells Greed, complete with flashing thunder and lightning, that "I'm a housewife!" after she had trashed his goons.
[snapback]127375[/snapback]

No, in that scene, she just says "I'm HIS TEACHER!". The scene I believe you're referring to is in Rizembool when she repaired the dam and saved the town from flood with her superpimpin' alchemy skills, and they asked "...Who are you?" and she replies, "Just a passing housewife."

QUOTE(Chiyo @ Mar 5 2005, 06:30 PM)
I think it was agreat scene when she beat Ed and Al up, the hugged them like a mother would. She is the kind of mother they need.
[snapback]127377[/snapback]

You know what?... watching that scene a couple times around, I become a little iffy on my stance on her reactions. I understand that they'd need a little slap, or a full punch, but that was just a little too relentless. I mean, it was clear that the kids were repentant for what they'd done, and that they were hurting a lot already, so the whole merciless whipping just seemed a little... superfluous. That she hugged them made it a little better, but I think one or two punches would have gotten the point across.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ninie
post Mar 7 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #28

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 434

QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 6 2005, 07:42 PM)
I absolutely love how she tells Greed, complete with flashing thunder and lightning, that "I'm a housewife!" after she had trashed his goons.

No, in that scene, she just says "I'm HIS TEACHER!". The scene I believe you're referring to is in Rizembool when she repaired the dam and saved the town from flood with her superpimpin' alchemy skills, and they asked "...Who are you?" and she replies, "Just a passing housewife."

In the manga she says she's a housewife to Greed happy.gif (Last page of chapter 27)

--------------------
user posted image
Made by the amazing Haroken! ^_^ Thank you!

+Quote Post
darkangelslayer
post Mar 7 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #29

State Alchemist (Colonel)

Member No.: 3,011

Izumi is such a powerful character. She did human transmutation and she also got some of her organs taken out...quick question, how do you do the spoiler box again cuz i keep forgetting?

--------------------
IPB Image
I'm aka Anshi as dubbed by Celes *that can be used by anyone and everyone*
Celes x Anshi supporter XDD

+Quote Post
Toby-Chan
post Mar 7 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #30

Gallery Mod Emeritus

QUOTE(Ninie @ Mar 7 2005, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE(Toby-Chan @ Mar 6 2005, 07:42 PM)

In the manga she says she's a housewife to Greed happy.gif (Last page of chapter 27)
[snapback]128336[/snapback]

Ooooh! ... ::Dosen't follow the manga:: XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th June 2016 - 08:17 PM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css