HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI
full metal alchemist
full metal alchemist

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do You Have Any Pets? What Are They? Names? Pics?, Let's do our "pet talks" here! :)
Rating 4 V
Neurotripsy
post Jul 5 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #391

Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,303

I've got a thirteen-year-old tortoiseshell cat called Kitty (our family's so great with names ;D).
There are loads of photos of her on my DeviantArt account. =3

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steff
post Jul 21 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #392

Citizen

Member No.: 74,536

i have a one and a half yr old mastiff she sheds alot and her names honey we play around alot but shes so strong the next day im covered in bruises and scratches haha

--------------------

icon by fleawaygrenade
banner by _Bazooka_[

+Quote Post
Little Washu
post Jul 24 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #393

Lt. General

Member No.: 31,492

Oh this'll be fun.

Chelsea, our single dog of mixed breeds, those being German Shepard, Blue-tick Coon hound, and a liiil lab. She's about 8 years old~

5 cats.
Oldest being Shelby, a 7 year old Russian blue. She's nice when she wants to be~
Then Chloe, black domestic short hair with some white spots, she's about 5. She's the only one who's heavy from muscle, not fat lol
Tonka, a purebred Siamese (not the skinny kind though lol), he's about 4 1/2. Sweetest cat ever <3
Abbey, orange tabby. She's REALLY chubby, is bow legged, and has extra toes on her front paws. But she's so nice and squishy <3
And then Yuki, my lil long haired white kitten. He loves golden oreos, pizza... food...

A bird named Sabre. Hate it.

2 ferrets~
A normal masked one, Sophie.
And a albino with a black stripe, Alice~

And then the fish.
A fighting fish named Poor-Fish.
And then the glow fish: John Lennon, Paul McCartney-Newman, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Zac Efron, Justin Bieber, Nick, Joe and Kevin Jonas.
And then some other fish, Michael Jackson.

That's about it, so far.

--------------------

d a| Y a k u s o k u |t u m b l r

+Quote Post
A Pierrot's Aria
post Jul 24 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #394

Special Ops (Friendly Member Advisor)
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68,926

That's quite a lot of pets! I remember you mentioning you had 2 ferrets, I rmember us talking briefly about taking them for a walk. laugh.gif

Since my previous comment, one of my guinea pigs, Gin, died. And my mum's 3 cats simultaneously got pregnant and between them have 10 kittens. My mum's becoming a cat lady. xD

--------------------

+Quote Post
pink ichigo
post Aug 9 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #395

Citizen

Member No.: 75,136

I have a pug (dog) named Lizzie. Her stupidity is only matched by her cute little face and the gluttonous appetite she has developed over the years. Don't get me wrong, pugs make an excellent companion but if you want a low maintenance you will be sorely disappointed. She has been known for eating her own poop, cat poop, lip gloss, dead animals, and basically anything that looks or smells remotely like food. Most recently she consumed one of the bird feeders my mother bought; the ones with white stuff to keep the seeds together. It had been left out in the rain and was teaming with maggots; MAGGOTS FOR GOD'S SAKE! Needless to to say I found her noming on it. Sometimes I wonder if she is right in the head.

--------------------
pink ichigo

+Quote Post
Raichi
post Aug 17 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #396

Citizen

Member No.: 74,870

Her name is: Snoetje, pronounced as Snoo-Che (che from chess without the ss)

ENVY HER ELRIC EYES!!!!

She's a real devil but she's getting sweeter (and more annoying) as she ages.

+Quote Post
Fluffy Pinkness
post Aug 17 2010, 06:31 AM
Post #397

Citizen

Member No.: 75,234

I've got a cute little black and white moggie called Shadow, he's nearly 2.

I used to have a goldfish called Goldeen but we forgot to feed him and he died. Not that I loved him anyway.

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Aug 24 2010, 06:53 AM
Post #398

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

Geez, where do I start.... With the cats, I guess.

My family has a male ginger tabby cat with white paws named Socks. He's a grumpy old man. He can go from being in a good mood to a bad mood in seconds. Can't really blame him though; several years ago, he was shot with a slug gun by one of our neighbours. He still has the slugs inside him because it would be less dangerous to leave them there than to attempt to remove them. Oh, and he loves taking rides in the wheelbarrow. happy.gif

We have a male Burmese cat, his name is Tigger. He weighs 7 kilograms, and NONE of that is fat. He is a giant, and solid muscle. He likes to go out hunting rabbits which means he often comes home covered in fleas. We got him when he was a kitten from some people who lived around the block. He will disappear for days at a time to go out hunting, and only ever really comes inside to eat and sometimes to sleep. He is also amazingly strong. Before we moved house, we had a cat door that had a wooden lock. We used to lock the cat door at night to keep him inside. He figured out how to get the lock out of the door and get out. We tried putting 15kg bags of dog food in front of the cat door so he couldn't remove the lock. He moved 2 15kg bags of dog food AND got the lock out of the door AND got outside. Clever little brute...

We also have a female Burmese cat. She's the mother of our male Burmese. When the people who we got him from moved house, they left her behind, and eventually she found her way to us. She broke into our house through the cat door to steal food, but couldn't get back out, because of the lock in the door. We kept her, though it took her a while to get used to people again. She still doesn't like other people; she disappears under the house whenever we have visitors. We call her Puss, because that was the only name she would respond to after we took her in. She barely makes a noise when she meows.

Lastly, we have a female Chinchilla cat. She turned up on our doorstep after being abandoned. Poor thing was all skin and bone; she couldn't hunt to feed herself. She had to be shaved to get all the mats out of her long fur. We called her Misty. She's not the brightest animal, but she IS very cute. happy.gif She's a housecat, so she doesn't go outside like the others. She's very loud when she wants food and is affectionate.

Dogs... We have a 13 year old Rottweiler named Sadie. She belonged to my grandfather, and we took her in when he passed away. Poor old girl is riddled with Arthritis, has poor eyesight, and probably won't live for much longer. sad.gif She is a very affectionate and motherly sort of dog, even though she's never had any puppies of her own. Though she does get grumpy occasionally, because she gets sore from her Arthritis.

We have a little dog named Kip. She's a Pug-Chihuahua cross, according to her former owners. We were looking for another dog, and her owners were giving her away. They had children and the kids were scared of her because she was so boisterous when they let her off of her chain. They started locking her outside and chaining her up after they had the children, then wondered why she got so over-excited when they gave her attention. sad.gif Poor little thing. But she's a lot happier now.

Then there's the new Doberman puppies, Jade and Riza:

Jade is the black, and Riza is the blue. Jade is the baby of the two, constantly craving attention, while Riza is more independant, prefering to run off and amuse herself. They're both adorable though, and will be guard dogs when they're older.

And we have a horse named Belle. She's a bossy attention seeker.

We also have chickens and cows, though I can't really call them pets. (But sometimes I wonder about the cows...)

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
Thylacina
post Aug 30 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #399

Citizen

Member No.: 43,602

I have two dogs but only one of them belongs to me and that's my Duchshund, Flicka

She's about four years old now and she's really bossy. From the day I got her she was of the impression that SHE ruled the roost but I'm pretty sure she knows who the top dog is by now (no pun intended lol) But she likes to headbutt me when she thinks I'm ignoring her, though.

--------------------
~*MagiStream*~

+Quote Post
Razzy
post Aug 30 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #400

Special Ops (4-D Super Curator)

Group: Gallery Moderators
Member No.: 39,817

I have a German Shepherd (who really doesn't look like a German Shepherd laugh.gif).
Her name is Abby. She's 9 years old (she's an old fart).
She's really good-natured, though weird. biggrin.gif <3

--------------------

C'mon, grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.
my deviantART

+Quote Post
ScarMySoul
post Oct 1 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #401

Gallery Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 36,754

I haven't posted here in a while, but I have two cats,

Bageerah:
Geerah

Adrial:

Adrial

He's five and she's four... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 23 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #402

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

Since this topic has been slow going lately, for a food for thought, posting a vid of a stranger woman throwing a cat she just saw in a garbage bin, caught on tape. mellow.gif
Luckily, this story ended happily, as the cat was saved and returned to the owner safely. smile.gif
Woman throws a cat in a garbage bin
This may not qualify as an out-right animal cruelty, but my family got cats, and I hope this would never happen to any of them! >.<

And now, to lighten up, here is the vid of pooches in costumes, in honor of Halloween! biggrin.gif
Halloween Pooches
Poor doggies! XDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pyroclasm
post Oct 25 2010, 03:06 AM
Post #403

State Alchemist (Major)

Member No.: 74,542

QUOTE (Tombow @ Oct 24 2010, 09:25 AM) *
Since this topic has been slow going lately, for a food for thought, posting a vid of a stranger woman throwing a cat she just saw in a garbage bin, caught on tape. mellow.gif
Luckily, this story ended happily, as the cat was saved and returned to the owner safely. smile.gif
Woman throws a cat in a garbage bin
This may not qualify as an out-right animal cruelty, but my family got cats, and I hope this would never happen to any of them! >.<

This is awful. sad.gif Yet, sadly, this is not the first time I've heard a story about a cat in a rubbish bin...

--------------------

"I cannot tell you more... It is up to you to find the answer. Will we use Alchemy to wage war, to raise armies?
Or will we use it to grow wise, to rise above our petty feuds and perform great deeds?" - Kraden

LiveJournal | | Formspring

+Quote Post
Chiyo
post Oct 25 2010, 03:37 AM
Post #404

Moderator Emeritus

Member No.: 6,466

I should be the only one who knows that Cat Bin Lady story. It should have been local news and that's it. The only reason it is SUCH a big story is down to the internet and how easily that video could spread. Comparing her to Myra Hindley and the like is just plain stupid. I read a story of a woman keeping 48 pets in squalid conditions in cages...that was a tiny box of an article, below the half a page story of the fact Cat Bin Lady was fined.

That bin belongs to the owners of the cat, as does the camera filming it. How did it take 16 hours to find a cat meowing in the bin directly by your front door? I don't condone what she did, but it has to be kept in perspective.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tombow
post Oct 27 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #405

A sentient plant of some kind
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 23,115

@Chiyo - Aha, thank you for the additional info! biggrin.gif While this can develop into some interesting discussions, as far as my intention of posting the vid, it had more to do with bringing the awareness to the cat owners, and it was not intneded to bring about the discussions on any of the "media/viral circus" surrounding this "case" (in print media, broadcasting media, & Web, etc.) in UK and other areas & on the Web, nor going into discussions of particular details/aspects of this "case," etc., as I think those may be likely to become off-topic discussions for this thread, and probably better to be handled on other part of the forums. ^^

Hence, if anyone is interested in any of those aspects, please open up a separate thread with more detailed info to facilitate your desired area of discussions, with your opinions, in our Debate District forum, and continue such discussions there. smile.gif

QUOTE (Chiyo @ Oct 25 2010, 06:37 AM) *
...Comparing her to Myra Hindley and the like is just plain stupid...

Uh... I'm not well informed on the "case" surrounding this vid, nor I know who Myra Hindley is or what she is famous/infamous for (though I'm guessing that may be some UK lady who has done some nasty deed?) nor how that was brought into the discussions for the case surrounding this vid, and hence I can't reply to that intelligently. Sorry! xp I'm tempted to ask you to elaborate your comment here and kindly provide us with more information on her, or how her name was brought up, etc. but that could probably lead to more off-topic discussions here, so.. maybe we should leave it at that. ^^ Anyone interested, please check around the Web and do search, etc., and probably you can find more info there. ^^

QUOTE (Chiyo @ Oct 25 2010, 06:37 AM) *
...How did it take 16 hours to find a cat meowing in the bin directly by your front door?

Setting aside any details of this particular case (since I'm not well-informed on the case at all ^^) and strictly providing some info to the question presented, as a cat owner with my own first-hand experience... (unless this was a rhetorical question xD)

1.) Not every cat meows loud (as everyone probably knows. ^^) True, some cats are loud. I used to have a cat who meowed so loud, and he could also distinguish the sound of my car and he always started meowing loudly long before my car arrived home, and if I had the car windows open I could hear him meowing a block away! On the other hand, one of the current bunch of ours has such a tiniest voice (she is also very small and dainty) that I can hardly hear her meows even when she is standing right next to me. If she were in a enclosed garbage bin outside I may not hear her meowing even if she tries her heart out to produce "loudest" meows she can come up in her distress.

2.) And, another real-life story of mine is that one time one of other current bunch, an ex-stray cat who loved going outside, did not come home. We looked everywhere inside and outside the house, every nook and cranny, thinking all kind of possibilities such as, she might have gotten in a fight with other cat, or even a dog, and got injured and hiding in some corner, or got hit by a car (unfortunately, this turned out to be the case. She survived the accident, but she lost the use of one front leg. T.T)
YET, I DID NOT THINK of checking inside the garbage bin! And, when I saw this video, it hit me, like, "OMG I've never thought of looking inside the wheelie garbage bin!" ...probably because the design of the bin was/is such that normally cats can not get in by him/herself, hence I automatically excluded the bin from my search area, and I did not think of the possibility that someone might intentionally threw in the cat inside.

Bottom line: Yes, from my own experience, I think it can be plausible that a cat owner may not realise that the missing cat is in the bin directly front of the house for 16 hours. (Again, I'm not well-informed at all about this particular incident, so, setting aside the case, this is simply presenting my own first-hand cat-owner experience.) smile.gif

(BTW, adding to the possible unfortunate situation presented above, in my case, usually those garbage bin being placed on the curve side means the content of the bin will be dumped to the garbage truck shortly, and in case of our town the collection of the bin content by the truck is automated, meaning, the truck driver will push the button in the driver seat, and the mechanical arms attached to the side of truck will come down, lift up the bin high, and dump the content to the truck automatically, and hence there is no chance of "sanitation workers finding the cat while handling the garbage bin," and my cat, especially the tiniest one, could likely to get "caged in" inside the tank on the back of the truck with the garbage, till the truck would dump the whole content at the dump site somewhere afar. And because of her tiny size and her dainty nature, basically she has no discernible fighting skills if attacked by other cat/dog while/if trying to get home from wherever she gets dumped. Meaning, if this happened to one of my cats, this could potentially turn into some serious situation. sad.gif )

As I understand, the lady who threw a cat in the bin had no real cruel intention, and to her it was just a "light-hearted joke." (..Although, as a pet owner, and for my taste, I didn't find this "funny." But, judging from Pyroclasm's post above, unfortunately, it seems there are more who might behave like what this lady did also out there. sad.gif ) And, although I'm sure many of such cases would end without developing into any serious harm, nonetheless in my case with my cat, something like this could possibly turn into potentially serious situation, and hence this vid served me as an wake-up reminder and served to correct my lack of awareness. ...and basically, that's why I posted this vid to share it with other cat/pet owners (in case there are some other pet owners who were like me with "slow awareness.") smile.gif

And by the way, of course there are so many other real serious cases of animal cruelties, such as cats/dogs/birds etc. being maimed, poisoned, killed, etc, by psychotic humans, or the cases of "puppy mills" where greedy & scrupulous breeders would exhibit the gross negligence toward the well-being of the puppies, or otherwise supposedly loving pet owners turned into out of control "animal herders," etc. And of course, IMO, they deserve to be told also. But, as far as this thread is concerned, those discussions are probably off-topic and this thread is not the appropriate vehicle. Hence, if anyone would like to discuss those topics, please open up separate thread in our Debate District forum. smile.gif

----

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text! XP ... Now, please post more names & pics, and stories about your pets! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2016 - 08:19 AM

Copyright 2003-2004 PhoenixNetworks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Copyright Notice. Privacy policy. Acceptable Use Policy. Terms of Service.
Page Generation Time: 0.0655 seconds.
Currently Selected Stylesheet: css/default.css